Is there a calculated, cross-country plot to kill young men?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby tKl » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:47 am

Coast to Coast picked this up in detail, hosted by the formidable late night personality, Ian Punnit.

Weird. Very weird.

My thought is, since these are college boys involved in the university system (highly infiltrated), are they being disappeared by black government? Is the "murder gang/son-of-sam/satanic cult" flags and rumors a part of a black-bag cover-up?
"He needs less and more blankets!"

-Walk Hard
tKl

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:02 pm

"give me a picture of the federal reserve" at 2:37 into the KSTP video, suggesting that the scene of one of the crimes was across the river from a Federal Reserve branch office.
Rage against the ever vicious downward spiral.
Time to get back to basics. [url=http://zmag.org/zmi/readlabor.htm]Worker Control of Industry![/url]
Occult Means Hidden

Postby jingofever » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:40 pm

The sister of Chris Jenkins posted a message here regarding the recent coverage.

The Minnesota Daily is supposed to carry a "full story" tomorrow but I think they are only following the lead of KSTP.
jingofever

Postby justdrew » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:53 am

this is wrong.

look at this quote from the sister:
"There is a group in the country with 'cells' scattered in numerous cities large and small alike. There is a hierarchy in this group, it is very organized, and they are killing our loved ones. They usually choose males as their kill of choice and often these result in missing persons later found in bodies of water. Knowledge is power and we want to prevent this from ever happening to another family. "

I grew up in a heavy partying college town and I've been around a lot of drunks, waiting on them, driving them. I know what a blitzed drunk can get like, and I guarantee you, a stage comes where falling into the river and drowning is extremely possible and any 'smartness' doesn't enter into it... if these kids are too smart to fall in the river and drown then the ones that managed to fall off balconies every other year in my town must have all been pushed? this is crazy bad paranoia. there's no evidence that there are "cells" or anything like that. they're inventing this stuff out of nothing.

now she's shopping this around to the major media circus? where's this going? by winter they'll have "self-defense" mobs patrolling the bar zones and lynching someone.
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby PeterofLoneTree » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:28 am

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/18340619.html

"National TV Report Raises Questions About East Dubuque Drowning"
EAST DUBUQUE, ILL. - A national cold case investigation of suspicious drowning deaths is raising questions about a two-year-old missing man case from East Dubuque, Illinois.

A story that aired Monday morning on Good Morning America (GMA), seen on TV9, investigated claims that as many as 40 men from 11 states who got drunk and allegedly later drowned were actually killed by someone.

One of the cases cited in this national network story was that of Matthew Kruziki in East Dubuque.

Kruziki was a 24-year-old from Wisconsin who disappeared Christmas Eve night 2005. He was seen in a number of bars in East Dubuque and then simply disappeared. Friends believed he was walking back to a hotel in Dubuque from the East Dubuque bars.

That disappearance triggered a massive search that included as many as 100 law enforcement officers. Many of those officers volunteered to help because Bill Kruziki, the victim's father, was a U.S. Marshal from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

The search ended nearly three months later when Kruziki's body was found in the Mississippi River. An Illinois coroner ruled Kruziki was legally drunk at the time he died an also had marijuana in his system. The cause of death was drowning but the coroner never concluded if it happened because of an accident, suicide or an intentional act by someone else.

The GMA report said two retired detectives from New York City became interested in a number of similar cases in 25 different cities where authorities concluded young men died accidentally after a night of drinking.

Those investigators believe someone, perhaps a serial killer, had killed the men by dragging their bodies to lakes or rivers when they were too intoxicated to resist.

One bit of evidence cited was allegedly finding "smiley" faces drawn near where a number of the bodies were put in the water. Another clue was the word "sinsinawa" found written in graffiti near where a Michigan drowning victim was discovered.

The GMA report said those detectives went to East Dubuque to investigate the Kruziki case and found a smiley face and also "Sinsinawa Avenue" a man street in East Dubuque. They concluded Kruziki may be connected to the other deaths.

TV9 contacted East Dubuque Police Chief Steve O'Connell, the lead investigator in the two-year-old case. O'Connell said those retired detectives mentioned have never talked to him about any information concerning Kruziki.

O'Connell said Sinsinawa Avenue in East Dubuque is a street where bars are located and Kruziki was last seen alive. But it is not a street next to the river where the body was eventually recovered.

O'Connell also said in spite of dozens of investigators on the scene over days and weeks, no officer even mentioned a "smiley" face.

"Because we were searching in such a remote location and the time of year and such I would like to think if somebody saw a fresh smiley face it would have been brought to somebody's attention," O'Connell said.

The East Dubuque chief says unless new information comes forward he does not anticipate reopening the Kruziki death case. Kruziki's father, Bill Kruziki, told TV9 that he has spoken with the two detectives that are looking at all the cold cases.

He said he would encourage those detectives to visit with authorities in East Dubuque and share what they discovered in hopes it might lead to a new look at the drowning.

10:13 PM B wrote ...These reports mention that most of the victims were white and that the suspicion is that the killings have been committed by a 'gang.' Are these supposed to have been racially motivated?

9:20 PM D wrote ...I WORK IN THE DOWNTOWN EAST DUBUQUE BARS CURRENTLY AND HAVE FOR 7 YEARS NOW, DUE TO THE FACT THAT MANY OF THE PATRONS IN EAST DUBUQUE ARE PEOPLE PASSING THROUGH IT IS VERY POSSIBLE THAT SOMETHING OF THIS NATURE COULD HAPPEN ALMOST LIKE THE SPRING BREAK SOUTH OF THE BORDER CRIMES THAT YOU SEE ON TV. WITHOUT A DOUBT A VERY SCARY THOUGHT THAT SOMEONE COULD HAVE BEEN IN TOWN AND THEN LATER INVOLVED IN FOUL PLAY. I WAS IN TOWN ON THAT PARTICULAR EVENING AND THE TOWN WAS FAIRLY BUSY DUE TO HOLIDAY

6:31 PM D wrote ...very interesting...a relative of mine disappeared from Dubuque in 1990, and he used to frequent the bars in East Dubuque. Makes me wonder if there is a connection. I will be looking into this further.

6:14 PM Adam wrote ...The whole thing is pretty familiar of the Abel Bolanos "accidental drowning" at Iowa State last year.

6:07 PM SJ wrote ...This is interesting and should be followed as far as possible.

5:19 PM KCRG viewer wrote ...Wasn't there a case not too long ago in Iowa City that was very similiar. (Disappearing after drinking and being found drowned in the river?) Just wondering. Very scary.
PeterofLoneTree

Postby monster » Sun May 04, 2008 4:43 am

This page has some good background (via Professor Hex)
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby compared2what? » Sun May 04, 2008 7:33 am

justdrew wrote:this is wrong.

look at this quote from the sister:
"There is a group in the country with 'cells' scattered in numerous cities large and small alike. There is a hierarchy in this group, it is very organized, and they are killing our loved ones. They usually choose males as their kill of choice and often these result in missing persons later found in bodies of water. Knowledge is power and we want to prevent this from ever happening to another family. "

I grew up in a heavy partying college town and I've been around a lot of drunks, waiting on them, driving them. I know what a blitzed drunk can get like, and I guarantee you, a stage comes where falling into the river and drowning is extremely possible and any 'smartness' doesn't enter into it... if these kids are too smart to fall in the river and drown then the ones that managed to fall off balconies every other year in my town must have all been pushed? this is crazy bad paranoia. there's no evidence that there are "cells" or anything like that. they're inventing this stuff out of nothing.

now she's shopping this around to the major media circus? where's this going? by winter they'll have "self-defense" mobs patrolling the bar zones and lynching someone.

I'm inclined to agree. What is the evidence that there is a gang? That's not a rhetorical question. I haven't been following it closely, and all I know is that these two detectives say they've found a Smiley-Face symbol they consider to be the signature of the killers. Is there anything other than that?

I remember the three drownings in New York pretty well. It definitely crossed everyone's mind that they might be connected, Here's a link to a Daily News story from 1998, wondering exactly that, and throwing in a fourth, non-drowning death that I don't remember.

It was definitely something I thought about and talked with others about. But there just wasn't anything to support the hypothesis. Two of them (Patrick McNeil, Fordham University student, and Lawrence Andrews, 22-year-old Long Island resident, but spending New Year's Eve partying on 42nd Street) disappeared after leaving bars late at night. And the third, Joshua Bender, 19, Yeshiva University Student, left his dorm room while studying for finals and never returned. It seemed totally plausible that McNeil and Andrews met some kind of trouble that ended in the river (And...not that there would be anything wrong with it, but it did also cross my mind that one or both of them might have had their inhibitions loosened enough to have been looking for some late-night fun at the Piers, just in the course of asking myself if there was any reason for them to have gone to any place on either river near where they were last seen, rather than going home, as they told their friends they were going to.) Bender, who wasn't drinking when last seen (no autopsy, out of respect for religious custom) is a question mark, but in addition to any of the many kinds of trouble he might have met, suicide didn't seem impossible.

Basically, there was nothing inherently suspicious about any of the deaths, other than that they occurred within fifteen months of one another. They got press attention because they were white and their families were looking for them, but it's a big bad city, and people ending up dead in the river or on the subway tracks is not that unusual. Neither is little-to-no police investigation. When I was in my early 20s, I and others spent months calling hospitals, morgues and police stations after a drunk friend disappeared, and getting nowhere. He was a subway track death, and although there was a witness, it was unclear whether he was on subway tracks where he was killed out of a suicidal impulse or just blind drunkenness.

But the point is: He was, in fact, in the morgue before anyone picked up the phone and for all the time everyone was calling. Will spare the details, but about a decade later, I went through the exact same routine wrt another missing young man who, like my late friend, may he rest in peace, was only missing for as long as he was because the odds that the NYPD will actually look for a missing person beyond glancing around the precinct house while you're on the phone giving them a description are not really very favorable.

By anaology, that probably applies to at least some of the deaths under discussion here in another form -- ie, there may be explanations that would have been discoverable at the time of the disappearance if anyone had made much of an effort to discover them while evidence was still around. At the very least, you can't assume that there actually is a mystery just because there are unnatural deaths for which the police have no explanation. There's a reasonable chance that that's normal, not exceptional, sadly.
compared2what?

Postby nomo » Mon May 05, 2008 1:09 pm

nomo

Postby monster » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:58 am

YouTube channel dedicated to the murders.
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby compared2what? » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:37 am

What if the question were:

Is there any evidence of a calculated, cross-country plot to kill young men, beyond the conjecture of two detectives who base their theory on a smiley face symbol that no one else has reported seeing, recognizing or associating with any criminal, religious, philosophical or ethnic group or syndicate?

Because as far as I can tell, the answer to that would be: No.

There's a "made-ya-look" quality to this story that makes me very uneasy. During an active homicide investigation, cops only ever use the media this aggressively for a strategic reason, usually in an attempt to put psychological pressure on an unknown perp by embedding information that they hope will suggest, directly or indirectly, that it's only a matter of hours before they'll have surrounded his house and started demanding that he come out of it slowly with his hands up. That's not out of the question here, if there's no way they could know about the symbol without also knowing something more threatening to the safety of the unknown perp(s) than they're telling journalists.

But. If that were the case, there'd be a visual emphasis on the symbol. Nor would there be any hint that they were at a loss, or in need of appealing for information from the public. And, respectively, there isn't and there is. Furthermore, all the visual emphasis is on the victims, and even, in a typically repressed and hypocritical media way, the youth and sexual appeal of the victims. And that is almost always discouraged by law enforcement, and backed up by the victims' families at their request, unless they're missing rather than dead. They can't always stop a media juggernaut like Laci Petersen, JonBenet Ramsay, or Natalee Hollaway, but in all three of those cases, whether right or wrong, they had prime suspects and could leverage media overkill in conjunction with making the putative suspects aware they were being watched in the same kind of attempt to maximize emotional stress with a view to breakdown and, optimally, slip-up or confession.

Since none of that applies here, the websites and YouTube channel pretty much couldn't be better designed to function as stroke-books for serial killers if they had been composed specifically for that purpose.

That also makes me very uneasy. Because it's almost impossible to recognize that without recognizing from what general area of the human psyche the strength of the interest in a crime for which the evidence is so weak is coming.

It's like virtual softcore snuff, in viral gossip form, disguised as civic virtue. That's very, very creepy. Provisionally, at least, I'm not buying it. If there's ever any evidence, I'll reconsider.
compared2what?

Postby monster » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:23 am

Now the story has gotten even more complicated. After three months of research into the case, Milwaukee Magazine has learned a gang called the “Dealers of Death” claims involvement in the deaths of some of these men. Convicted murderer Jeramy Alford, who is also a suspect in a river death that police now believe is a homicide, told the FBI last year that the gang had murdered 40 of the men. One admitted gang member: a man nicknamed “Zmiley.”

Link

(Via Professor Hex)
monster

Re: Is there a calculated, cross-country plot to kill young

Postby elfismiles » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:58 pm

'Young, athletic men' going missing in BC
Post by Jeff » 19 Jun 2008 23:28
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18654

Smiley Face Killers: The Hunt for Justice - Premieres Saturday, January 19th
Oxygen's new limited series event, Smiley Face Killers: The Hunt for Justice, premieres January 19th at 7/6c.
https://www.oxygen.com/smiley-face-kill ... or-justice

THE SMILEY-FACE KILLERS
Is a Serial-Killer Gang Murdering Young Men Across the U.S.?
Dozens of college-age men dead from ‘accidental’ drownings—but a team of retired detectives say the boys were drugged and killed by a shadowy gang with a sinister symbol.
Nicole Weisensee Egan / 01.18.19 4:57 AM ET
https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-a-seri ... oss-the-us
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Previous

Return to General Discussion