Keyword Hijacking=HMW

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Keyword Hijacking=HMW

Postby posting tulpa » Wed May 07, 2008 5:10 pm

OMG. Too Funny. Google- Keyword Hijacking.

Page 2 top

http://www.google.com/search?q=keyword+ ... rt=10&sa=N

But seriously though, after reading all 7 pages of the Vallee thread, (thanks CptMarginal btw) I am wondering something.

Keyword Hijacking is only relavant concerning the internet as far as I can deduce. So why would the CIA/FBI/DOD etc be concerned with this going back even as recently as the early 80's? I don't think Google was even around until 1997?

So after reading many times Hugh state that all of this crap even as far back as the 70's being all about keyword hijacking....I don't follow. How did they know it would be important before the advent of computers, internet, or more precisely Google?

Does anyone else wonder about this?

No offense Hugh. Just wondering.
... and still, people like me are called anti-Semitic… nut jobs… and of course, ‘racist’ by members of the self-chosen at any one of the sewer forums where they gather to gang rape the truth.-Les Visible
posting tulpa

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby posting tulpa » Wed May 07, 2008 5:12 pm

I think Hugh is hijacking the phrase 'Keyword Hijacking'! :lol:
... and still, people like me are called anti-Semitic… nut jobs… and of course, ‘racist’ by members of the self-chosen at any one of the sewer forums where they gather to gang rape the truth.-Les Visible
posting tulpa

Re: Keyword Hijacking=HMW

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Wed May 07, 2008 5:30 pm

posting tulpa wrote:.....
Keyword Hijacking is only relavant concerning the internet as far as I can deduce.

No, this is not just a software search engine decoy tactic although the advent of the internet gives keyword hijacking (KH) a whole new efficacy in exploiting the aphorism, "Out of sight, out of mind."

KH has been used as a mnemonic counterpropaganda device for decades
The first example I've found that I strongly suspect is KH is from 1944 and is related to Pearl Harbor.
The first example I've found that I know is KH is from 1945 and is related to Project Paperclip.

Consider that stealing someone else's keywords for your own purposes is as old as lying or trying to make your viewpoint on a topic dominate others or copyright infringement or plagiarism or decoys....etc.
It is a very basic linguistic device, so basic that some don't realize this.

But the covert use of keyword hijacking by military-intelligence to-
inoculate a target audience against negative associations with a keyword that exists in a hostile narrative by deploying the same keyword in a benign narrative
-dates back to the founding of the OSS in WWII and then CIA afterwards.

Once 20th century war came to rely on the media management of civilians using the new sciences of psychology and propaganda, focus on the nuts and bolts of language and memory determined that tremendous value was ascribed to keywords which were the 'face cards' of the vocabulary deck. (See 'Zipf's Law' regarding the hierarchical structure of associations.)

The use of KH in movies and television increased significantly after 1961 when cognitive scientist, William J. McGuire, introduced the concept of Inoculation Theory.
McGuire suggested that the brain's memory could be inoculated against ideas the same way the body was inoculated against disease using vaccines.

The common inoculation dynamic is intentionally introducing just enough elements of a hostile entity to induce defenses against it.
Counterpropaganda is anything done to minimize the effect of hostile information.
Thus keyword hijacking to induce mnemonic inoculation is done as a counterpropaganda tactic.

So keyword hijacking is used to do
>postive framing of keywords that encourage supporting US government goals
>negative framing of keywords that discourage supporting US government goals.

The most important goal is to prevent negative associations with a keyword that impedes USG goals. It doesn't have to be positive instead although that is the best case scenario.

Pre-internet example of KH:
The USG would much rather that you associated the keyword "Garrison"
-with the 1967-1969 television show called "Garrison's Gorillas"
than associate it with
-the 1967-1969 prosecutor investigating the murder of JFK, "D.A. Jim Garrison."

Pre-internet example of KH:
The USG would much rather that you associated the the keyword "Fonzie"
-with the television show character on of that name on 'Happy Days'
than associate it with
-a JFK investigator for the House Select Committee on Assassinations, "Gaeton Fonzi."

Here are two more pre-internet examples of keyword hijacking the word "purple" with an explanatory reasoning chain:

>Military recruiting is considered by the US government to be critical to national security.

>Anything that impedes military recruiting would be considered hostile information and warrant counterpropaganda.

>In 1941 US cryptographers had broken Japan's Purple Code with the plans for attacking Pearl Harbor but this pre-knowledge was suppressed to assure the attack would happen as the only way to get the American public to stop overseas fascism.

>If Americans knew this, they'd be very skeptical about anything their government told them about war.

>It would be advantageous to military recruting and national security if Americans did not associate the keyword "purple" with the hoax of Pearl Harbor covered up for decades with the Purple Code being central to the narrative.

>Any chance to provide a different mnemonic association with the keyword "purple" helps dilute that dangerous association in the minds of the general population.

>Associational memory follows a path-of-least-resistance that is reinforced by frequency, intensity, and social reinforcement.

>Memory is strongly biased towards first definitions about words, a first-come-first-served dynamic left over from surviving in a pre-abstract world of nature where things only needed one definition.

>Using the keyword "purple" in idealized fictional narratives can cause many people's memories to be strongly biased towards recalling those narratives when seeing that keyword even if the Pearl Harbor association is somehow known to them.

>The use of the keyword "purple" in a fictional context of pre-knowledge of a military attack has been used several times including:

-2/12/1960 Twilight Zone, 'The Purple Testament'
-12/5/1964 Outer Limits, 'The Keeper of the Purple Twilight'
(notice this was just two days before the anniversary of Pearl Harbor)

There are many other Pearl Harbor cover-up "purples" but there are two to go with the two "Fonzies" that are pre-internet to show that this isn't just an internet search engine tactic. It is a memory manipulation that is intended to prevent or minimize what the USG considers to be bad memories.
Last edited by Hugh Manatee Wins on Wed May 07, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby orz » Wed May 07, 2008 5:52 pm

Keyword Hijacking is not even relevant concerning the internet as far as I can deduce.

- Fixed.

posting tulpa wrote:I think Hugh is hijacking the phrase 'Keyword Hijacking'! :lol:

I know he did!
orz

Postby Brighid_Moon » Wed May 07, 2008 6:21 pm

The phrase "keyword hijacking" may be new, the concept isn't.
Brighid_Moon

Postby orz » Wed May 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Brighid_Moon wrote:The phrase "keyword hijacking" may be new, the concept isn't.

I don't get it, you linked to a page about the subversion of the free press by the CIA, that's not the same concept at all.
orz

Postby Byrne » Thu May 08, 2008 10:57 am

What about the CIA published book of 1999, found via Postman Patel's blog:
"A central focus of this book is to illuminate the role of the observer in determining what is observed and how it is interpreted. People construct their own version of "reality" on the basis of information provided by the senses, but this sensory input is mediated by complex mental processes that determine which information is attended to, how it is organized, and the meaning attributed to it. What people perceive, how readily they perceive it, and how they process this information after receiving it are all strongly influenced by past experience, education, cultural values, role requirements, and organizational norms, as well as by the specifics of the information received. "

source:Psychology of intelligence analysis
Byrne

"Eye am the video Word made Flesh..."

Postby IanEye » Thu May 08, 2008 11:09 am

Angleton wrote:"A central focus of this book is to illuminate the role of the observer in determining what is observed and how it is interpreted. People construct their own version of "reality" on the basis of information provided by the senses, but this sensory input is mediated by complex mental processes that determine which information is attended to, how it is organized, and the meaning attributed to it."

Brian O'Blivion wrote:"The battle for the mind of North America will be fought in the video arena: the Videodrome.

The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye.

Therefore, the television screen is part of the physical structure of the brain.
Therefore, whatever appears on the television screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it.
Therefore, television is reality, and reality is less than television.

Your reality is already HALF video hallucination.
If you're not careful, it will become TOTAL hallucination.

You'll have to learn to live in a very strange new world. "

Nietzsche wrote:Image

"if you stare long into an abyss, the abyss also stares into you."
Last edited by IanEye on Thu May 08, 2008 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby posting tulpa » Thu May 08, 2008 11:20 am

Well now that its been bumped back to the top I can respond without fear of being labled a self important 'meat patty' by ET.

Thanks Hugh, I really did not know all that. Wether its all true? Well I am still reserving judgement. Certainly opened me to its perspective though.

Orz, I blew my milk out my nose with your 'correction'. LOL

You guys are too much. Thanks for indulging in my ignorance.
posting tulpa

Postby Ziggin' and a Zaggin' » Thu May 08, 2008 12:47 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:

inoculate a target audience against negative associations with a keyword that exists in a hostile narrative by deploying the same keyword in a benign narrative

HMW, would you have a source for that assertion? Did you actually find a precise reference in a particular document of the OSS document links that you posted in the Data Dump?

Thanks.
Ziggin' and a Zaggin'

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri May 09, 2008 10:25 pm

Ziggin' and a Zaggin' wrote:Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:

HMW, would you have a source for that assertion? Did you actually find a precise reference in a particular document of the OSS document links that you posted in the Data Dump?

Thanks.

In short:
There is not a single document to point to keyword hijacking by name in the declassified OSS documents although they do include planning mainstream psy-ops as a permanent tool of governance.

The Pentagon includes in counterpropaganda manuals (which I have) a deception technique called "imitative deception." This is probably the single citation closest to keyword hijacking although this reference is to sending false messages while deceiving the enemy as to its origins.

So far, I am the only one I know of researching and writing about keyword hijacking used as a covert counterpropaganda device since WWII instead of as the very recent internet marketing tool.

In the world of internet marketing almost everyone is using keyword hijacking in search engine optimization (SEO) scrambling for visibility and bucks.

But maneuvering strategically for message visibility, hiding hostile information, and deploying decoys to mislead are ancient principles of military tactics.

Among the historical materials I've examined to put a date on this counterpropaganda technique used covertly on civilians are:
>the many linguistic studies on word association and memory retention of the 1920s-1940s (Skaggs-Robinson Hypothesis, Zipf, Osgood, Koffka, Melton and Irwin, etc.)
>the formalization of propaganda psychology and techniques in 1935 (Doob)
>the OSS papers of WWII (Donovan et. all)
>the first example of keyword hijacking I've found so far in 1945 by US psychological warfare guru, Paul Linebarger, who wrote science fiction under the name Cordwainer Smith.

He used the name of one of the Project Paperclip Nazi rocket scientists, Heinz Haber, in a story he wrote in 1945 called 'Scanners Live in Vain.' This was the same Heinz Haber who would work with Disney in the 1950s to condition American children to accept nuclear technology as a blessing, a genie from a bottle ready to do our bidding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_Haber

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordwainer_Smith

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scanners_Live_in_Vain
Plot summary

The story is set circa 6000 A.D. Mankind has colonized planets around other stars, but interstellar travel is constrained by the mysterious "First Effect", which causes the "Great Pain of Space" and induces a death wish in humans. Passengers on interstellar voyages are stored in cold sleep, while the crew of the spaceship is composed of Habermans: convicts and other riff-raff who have undergone an operation in which the brain is severed from all sensory input except that from the eyes. This blocks the Pain of Space but puts them somewhere between men and machines, with zombie-like behavior and disturbed psyches, dependent on constant monitoring and adjustment of their own vital functions via implanted dials and regulatory instruments. The Habermans are supervised in space by Scanners, who undergo the operation voluntarily and are respected by themselves and others as essential to keeping the space lanes open and uniting the Earths of Mankind.

1944 may possibly be the first example of keyword hijacking I've found but I'm not as certain of the example as I am of Linebarger's 1945 use of Heinz Haber's name.

I've found many examples of the keyword "purple" used to deflect association with the reality of the broken Purple Code and the suppressed warning of the Pearl Harbor attack.

1944 produced a Hollywood movie called 'The Purple Heart' about US fliers captured by the Japanese and put on trial. 1944 was also the year of several inquiries into Pearl Harbor.

So I think it is entirely possible but not certain that this is intentional keyword hijacking.
Last edited by Hugh Manatee Wins on Sat May 10, 2008 1:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby chlamor » Fri May 09, 2008 11:18 pm

Ignore the essence of what Hugh is saying at your own risk.
Liberal thy name is hypocrisy. What's new?
chlamor

Postby professorpan » Sat May 10, 2008 9:09 pm

Accept what Hugh says and risk your critical faculties and your connection with reality :-)
professorpan

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat May 10, 2008 9:59 pm

professorpan wrote:

Accept what Hugh says and risk your critical faculties and your connection with reality :-)

Follow up on what Hugh says with your own critical research.

Knowing where to look is the hardest part of finding.
"What you don't know can't hurt them," to quote Jeff Wells' webpage.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby professorpan » Sat May 10, 2008 10:25 pm

Follow up on what Hugh says with your own critical research.

Been there, done that. Yet even when I, or someone else, takes the time to do so, you can't even consider that you are wrong.

Yet you keep at it, like a deranged Energizer Bunny, ignoring all criticism and crying "ad hominem!" whenever anyone subjects your ideas to scrutiny.

You ignore people who offer you their informed opinions and tell them their experience is "irrelevant."

You don't want anyone to offer critiques of your ideas, and when they do, you huff and puff and cry foul.

Pitiful.
professorpan

Next

Return to General Discussion