Another mystery foot in BC

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

mystery foot pops up in Israel

Postby hava1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:25 pm

Breaking news now, mystery foot found in Israel's "Alexander Brook" (A small brook in north to central coastline....

http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/spages/1107435.html
hava1

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby MinM » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:24 pm

CTV British Columbia- Men find severed foot on Richmond, B.C., beach - CTV News
The RCMP and BC Coroners Service are investigating the remains of a right foot found on Oct. 27, 2009 on the beach at No. 6 Road and Triangle Road in Richmond.

Updated: Wed Oct. 28 2009 16:16:20

Darcy Wintonyk, ctvbc.ca

In a case that has drawn worldwide attention to British Columbia's southwest coast, another severed foot has washed up -- this time in the Vancouver suburb of Richmond.

It was discovered by two men walking along the beach on No. 6 Road Tuesday night.

The foot was inside a white, size 8.5 Nike running shoe, according to Cpl. Annie Linteau of RCMP E Division.

The forensic identification team, the general investigation section, as well as the BC Coroners Service, all attended the scene late into the night.

Autopsy findings Wednesday confirm the foot is human, however, additional forensic examinations are underway.

DNA from the Richmond foot will be extracted and compared to known missing people or human remains previously discovered.

Mystery feet

Tuesday's discovery is the eighth human foot to have been found in a coastal region -- that includes the B.C. west coast, and the northwestern tip of Washington State -- since August of 2007.

The first was linked to a deceased male. Two female feet found in Richmond were matched in December 2008. Another two male feet found on Westham and Valdez Islands matched last summer.

A right male foot, found in August 2007, remains unidentified.
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby monster » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:41 pm

I wonder if this is another serial killing ring like the Smiley Face Killers.
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby barracuda » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:37 am

CTV News wrote:Tuesday's discovery is the eighth human foot to have been found in a coastal region -- that includes the B.C. west coast, and the northwestern tip of Washington State -- since August of 2007.

The first was linked to a deceased male. Two female feet found in Richmond[??] were matched in December 2008. Another two male feet found on Westham and Valdez Islands matched last summer.

A right male foot, found in August 2007, remains unidentified.

Okay, that's weird, because they only list seven feet here in the article including the newest find. Where's number eight?

Here's my latest attempt at mapping. Sorry it's so ugly - I threw away the layered file long ago.

This post from an earlier CTV report [11-11-08] identifies the two woman's feet as being in different positions (which I've circled) than the above report. Another discrepancy.

The first foot was found on Jedidiah Island, in the strait that divides Vancouver Island from the mainland. It was a right foot inside a Campus-brand men's size 12 running shoe that was mainly distributed in India.

Six days later, another right foot -- inside a man's size 12 Reebok running shoe -- washed ashore on Gabriola Island.

A third -- a right foot in a Nike sneaker -- was found in the area on Feb. 8 on the east side of Valdez Island.

The fourth and fifth feet were both found near the Fraser River.

The fourth came ashore on Kirkland Island on May 22 and was the only one of the five that came from a woman's body. It was found in a New Balance running shoe.

The fifth, a size 10 left foot, was located a kilometre away on June 16. It was later determined to be a match to the foot found months earlier on Valdez Island.

Then, on August 3, a newspaper in Washington State reported that a running shoe, containing bones and flesh had been found at a Strait of Juan de Fuca beach, just south of the U.S-Canada border, about 40 kilometres west of Port Angeles.

Where's the missing eighth foot? Help?
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby MinM » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Earth-704509
MinM

Re: Another mystery foot in BC

Postby Jeff » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:13 pm

Human foot found on West Coast beach

1 hour, 3 minutes ago
By The Canadian Press

VANCOUVER - A human foot has washed up on another West Coast beach, but this time in Washington state.

Police Det. Ed Wallace said the right foot was found by a tourist on Whidbey Island on Friday morning.

"Based on the size, we're estimating it belongs to either a female or a juvenile," Wallace said in an interview. "Based on the condition, we're estimating it's been in the water less than two months."

Wallace said based on the information police have gathered, they don't believe the foot matches any missing persons cases in the area.

Officers plan to reach out to surrounding jurisdictions, including B.C., to see if any of their cases might fit.

Seven feet have been found on B.C. shores since August 2007.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/1008 ... foot_found
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby barracuda » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:32 pm

The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby anothershamus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:23 pm

Updated: Ninth human foot found washed up on West Coast

A tourist strolling on a beach in Washington state discovered a human foot Friday, the ninth to wash up on the West Coast in the last three years.

The detached right foot — likely belonging to a woman or child, based on the size — washed up on Whidbey Island Friday just before 11:30 a.m., according to Det. Ed Wallace of the Island County Sheriff's office.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Updated+Ninth+human+foot+found+washed+West+Coast/3452455/story.html#ixzz0y8OwMiVu
)'(
anothershamus

Postby 82_28 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:40 pm

WTF is up with this? Is it possible to cross reference people recently lost at sea? Could they be land based abductions and these are the calling card of a serial killer? I only ask, because there was a girl abducted down south of here last summer. Vanished without a trace. I flashed on it, obviously with absolutely nothing to go on with it. Could be though, no?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:10 am

I once asked my BIL about this; he grew up in the PNW and is a science and tech guy. Apparently, this has gone on for a while here due to the ocean currents, the rate of body decomposition and the buoyancy of sneakers. Maybe a few are people who were killed and dumped in Puget sound- but some could be drowning victims, others possibly from victims of accidents at sea or in the sound. The way he explained it, a few of these former foot owners could well still be alive, albeit missing a foot from an accident on a fishing boat, etc involving heavy cables or chain.

Just another thought when addressing this phenomena...
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby whipstitch » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:09 am

Vancouver Sun

The foot is the ninth to wash up since 2007.

• The first foot was found on Aug. 20, 2007, on Jedediah Island, northeast of Nanaimo. The right, male foot was found in a Campus shoe, size 12, available for sale primarily in India. It was subsequently linked to a depressed man who went missing in early 2007.

• The next one turned up on Gabriola Island six days later on Aug. 26, 2007. It was a right, male foot in a size 12 Reebok shoe. The brand was first produced in 2004 and is no longer for sale.

• The third foot, right and belonging to a male, was found on Feb. 8, 2008, on Valdes Island. It was in a blue and white Nike, size 11. The model was made between February and June 2003.

• The fourth foot was found on May 22, 2008, on Kirkland Island at the mouth of the Fraser River. This time, it was a right female foot in a size 7 New Balance shoe. The model was made beginning in June 1999.

• The fifth foot was found on Westham Island at the mouth of the Fraser River on June 16, 2008. It was a left, male foot and DNA testing has matched it with the foot found on Valdes, but the man's identity is unknown.

• The sixth foot was found Aug. 1, 2008, near Pysht, west of Port Angeles, Wash. A right, male foot, it was found in a size 11 or 12 men's low-rise, dark hiking-type athletic shoe, made by the Everest Shoe Co.

• The seventh foot was found Nov. 11, 2008, on a Fraser River beach in Richmond. A left, female foot, it was matched through DNA testing with the foot found on Kirkland Island, and the woman was identified.

• Then on Oct. 29, 2009, a right foot was found inside a white size 8 1/2 Nike running shoe on a beach in Richmond
whipstitch

Postby Project Willow » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Ah Hah!

Badly burned body with severed foot found at British golf course

A MUTILATED and badly burned body with a missing foot has been found in undergrowth at a seaside British golf course.

The remains were discovered between the 17th and 18th holes at Dyke Golf Club in Brighton, southeast England, Sky News reported.

The body was so badly burned that police have been unable to determine either gender or approximate age.

However, detectives revealed that it had been mutilated, with at least one foot missing below the shin.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/badly-burned-body-with-severed-foot-found-at-british-golf-course/story-e6frfku0-1225914320053

A mutilated and badly burned body has been found in undergrowth at a seaside golf course.

Please excuse my gallows humor.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby KeenInsight » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Seems like a serial killer is loose and discarding the body parts. We may need Robert Stack for this one!
KeenInsight

Postby brainpanhandler » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:00 pm

I found a tennis shoe not so long ago on the shore of a small creek that runs through a park I frequent. With a little trepidation I turned it over with a stick to see if there was a foot in it. Happily, no foot.

Another foot found on riverbank

A human foot has been found on a riverbank 20 miles from where another was found three weeks ago, police said. But the two body parts are not thought to be linked, Humberside Police said.

Officers said a member of the public made the latest discovery on the banks of the River Humber between Chowder Ness foreshore and the Humber Bridge, near Barton-on-Humber, North Lincolnshire, on Saturday afternoon.

A force spokeswoman said: "Officers attended, located the foot and it was removed and taken to the local mortuary for examination.

"Inquiries are now under way to identify any possible missing people in and around the region to whom the body part may belong.

"At this time no identity has been established and police officers and forensic experts from the force will be working with the coroner to conduct further inquiries."

Last month a foot was found further down the River Humber, on Cleethorpes beach. It has still not been identified, police said.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100907/tu ... 23e80.html

Human Feet Found On Riverbank 'Not Linked'

A human foot discovered on the banks of the River Humber is not being linked to another found three weeks ago, police have said.

A family on a bike ride spotted one of the body parts in a workman's boot along the banks of the Humber estuary, in northern Lincolnshire, at the weekend.

A foot in a trainer was previously found on Cleethorpes beach 20 miles away.

Both feet are undergoing forensic examinations, as efforts identify any missing people in the area continue.

Police have not released any more details following the latest find, which happened between Chowder Ness Foreshore and the Humber Bridge.

"Although it is a coincidence this is still an isolated incident," a Humberside Police spokesman said.

"If you look at the Humber and what flows into it, you can see there are a lot of possibilities.

"That's why we do not want to speculate at the moment."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100908/tuk ... dbed5.html
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby 82_28 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:42 pm

brainpanhandler wrote:I found a tennis shoe not so long ago on the shore of a small creek that runs through a park I frequent. With a little trepidation I turned it over with a stick to see if there was a foot in it. Happily, no foot.

Another foot found on riverbank

A human foot has been found on a riverbank 20 miles from where another was found three weeks ago, police said. But the two body parts are not thought to be linked, Humberside Police said.

Officers said a member of the public made the latest discovery on the banks of the River Humber between Chowder Ness foreshore and the Humber Bridge, near Barton-on-Humber, North Lincolnshire, on Saturday afternoon.

A force spokeswoman said: "Officers attended, located the foot and it was removed and taken to the local mortuary for examination.

"Inquiries are now under way to identify any possible missing people in and around the region to whom the body part may belong.

"At this time no identity has been established and police officers and forensic experts from the force will be working with the coroner to conduct further inquiries."

Last month a foot was found further down the River Humber, on Cleethorpes beach. It has still not been identified, police said.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100907/tu ... 23e80.html

Human Feet Found On Riverbank 'Not Linked'

A human foot discovered on the banks of the River Humber is not being linked to another found three weeks ago, police have said.

A family on a bike ride spotted one of the body parts in a workman's boot along the banks of the Humber estuary, in northern Lincolnshire, at the weekend.

A foot in a trainer was previously found on Cleethorpes beach 20 miles away.

Both feet are undergoing forensic examinations, as efforts identify any missing people in the area continue.

Police have not released any more details following the latest find, which happened between Chowder Ness Foreshore and the Humber Bridge.

"Although it is a coincidence this is still an isolated incident," a Humberside Police spokesman said.

"If you look at the Humber and what flows into it, you can see there are a lot of possibilities.

"That's why we do not want to speculate at the moment."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100908/tuk ... dbed5.html

Maybe they're finally getting around to hanging DJs as per Morrissey's request many years ago?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I know nothing of Humberside but what is in this song which I've listened to thousands of times since a mere tike. As soon as I saw Humberside I thought "Hang the DJ!" and "Panic on the streets of London!".

Anyways, back to topic.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion