Just say NO to FOX NEWS

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Just say NO to FOX NEWS

Postby Username » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:05 am

~
I caught this snippet on FOX news today,
then found it on youtube so I could post it here,
and rant and rave about how much I hate fox news.
I wish I could write like Starmanskye, (who's mother, i think, was a thesaurus) so I could go on and on and on about the many ways I despise, abhor, loathe and detest their offensive, heinous, accursed, damnable, odious, foul so-called news/propaganda channel.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFBO-TlZt6c]WATCH ME
Retired Lt. Col. Ralph Peters speaks on Fox News Channel (2008-07-15) with regard to "Canadian" terrorist prisoner Omar Khadr and the release of interrogation tapes from Gitmo.[/url]

Unbelievable. Talk about punks.

And oh, how they lie and lie and lie, as if telling the truth might make them turn into...what? stone? frogs? liberals?

They even went to court to fight for their right to LIE. (remember?)

[url=http://www.netfeed.com/~jhill/RupertMurdoch.htm]Holy Cripes! ...read disgusting 'court decision' attached below...
Where are our 'Best Role Models' ?

Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003
Subject: FLORIDA COURT RULING SAYS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE[/url]

** FLORIDA COURT RULING SAYS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE **

On February 14, a Florida Appeals Court ruled that there is absolutely nothing illegal in a major media organisation lying, concealing or distorting information. The court reversed the US$425,000 jury verdict of 2000 that was in favour of journalist Jane Akre, who charged she was pressured by Fox Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be false information.

On August 18, 2000, a six? person jury was unanimous in its conclusion that Akre was indeed fired for threatening to report the station's pressure to broadcast what jurors decided was "a false, distorted or slanted" story about the widespread use of Monsanto's rBGH, a genetically engineered growth hormone given to dairy cows. The court did not dispute the heart of Akre's claim, that Fox pressured her to broadcast a false story to protect the broadcaster from having to defend the truth in court as well as suffer the ire of irate advertisers.

Fox argued from the first, and failed on three separate occasions, in front of three different judges, to have the case tossed out on the grounds there there is no hard, fast and written rule against deliberate distortion of the news. The attorneys for Fox, owned by media baron Rupert Murdoch, argued that the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.

The Court of Appeals, in its six? page written decision, held that the Federal Communications Commission's position against news distortion is only a "policy", not a promulgated law, rule or regulation.

Fox aired a report after the ruling was handed down, saying that it was "totally vindicated" by the verdict.

(Source: Sierra Times, March 1, 2003, http://www.sierratimes.com/O3/02/28/arpubmg022803.htm; also see the website http://www.foxBGHsuit.com)

That's a disgrace.

Have you ever tried to sit through Hannity's America? What a jerk. How do they make them so snotty?

Here's another fine example of their garble from Media Matters.

Wed, Jul 2, 2008
Fox News airs altered photos of NY Times reporters

Summary: During a segment in which Fox & Friends co-hosts Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade labeled New York Times reporter Jacques Steinberg and editor Steven Reddicliffe "attack dogs," Fox News featured photos of Steinberg and Reddicliffe that appeared to have been digitally altered -- the journalists' teeth had been yellowed, their facial features exaggerated, and portions of Reddicliffe's hair moved further back on his head.

On the July 2 edition of Fox News' Fox & Friends, co-hosts Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade labeled New York Times reporter Jacques Steinberg and editor Steven Reddicliffe "attack dogs," claiming that Steinberg's June 28 article on the "ominous trend" in Fox News' ratings was a "hit piece." During the segment, however, Fox News featured photos of Steinberg and Reddicliffe that appeared to have been digitally altered -- the journalists' teeth had been yellowed, their facial features exaggerated, and portions of Reddicliffe's hair moved further back on his head. Fox News gave no indication that the photos had been altered.

After putting up the photos of Steinberg and Reddicliffe, Fox & Friends also featured a photograph of Steinberg's face superimposed over that of a poodle, while Reddicliffe's face was superimposed over that of the man holding the poodle's leash.

Below is a screenshot of Fox & Friends featuring the photo it used of Steinberg, with the original photo on its left. Comparing the two photos, it appears that the following changes have been made: Steinberg's teeth have been yellowed, his nose and chin widened, and his ears made to protrude further.

Similarly, a comparison of the photo of Reddicliffe used by Fox News and the original photo suggests that Reddicliffe's teeth have been yellowed, dark circles have been added under his eyes, and his hairline has been moved back.

From the July 2 edition of Fox & Friends:

DOOCY: And before we go today, something's been bugging me. A couple of days --

KILMEADE: Well, go back outside.

DOOCY: We will. A couple of days ago, when most newspapers in America were doing these positive stories about how Fox News Channel, once again, number one --

KILMEADE: Like the LA Times.

DOOCY: -- for many, many years. There was a hit piece by somebody in The New York Times. The writer was a fellow by the name of Jacques Steinberg, and he's been doing a bunch of attack stories on Fox News Channel. Well, there's some backstory to it, and that is this: His boss, the guy who assigned him to this, is a fellow by the name of Steven Reddicliffe, and Mr. Reddicliffe actually used to work for this company. He worked -- I think he was the editor in charge of TV Guide until circulation went down under his tenure --

KILMEADE: Right.

DOOCY: -- something like, 40 percent. So, he got fired, and according to Radar Online, this guy has had an ax to grind.

KILMEADE: Yeah, he does, because, I think, Steve, according to reports --according to Radar and another online magazine -- he was making close to a million dollars here, and now with his new job --

DOOCY: Yeah.

KILMEADE: -- he's making significantly less. How about a tenth of that?

DOOCY: So, anyway, Radar says he's had an ax to grind, and that's why he sends his attack dog Jacques Steinberg out -- that fellow right there, the writer for The New York Times -- to do these hit pieces. So, he essentially is his attack dog. His -- his poodle, if you will.

KILMEADE: So --

DOOCY: Oooh! Very, very nice.

KILMEADE: -- Radar Online has unlocked the mystery. And there you go, because that story was oddly in the Arts section of The New York Times, in the Sunday Times.

DOOCY: Anyway, we just thought we'd -- cute. I wonder if he's going to show him at Westminster this year.

KILMEADE: I'm not really sure. We know a beagle won last year, and this -- he's dressed as a poodle.

judging by the quality of our television shows, i'd say there is something seriously wrong with us.

be strong,
terry
~
Username

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:03 am

Wow, that's some horrible use of photoshop. And if they are willing to stoop to something as low as this... well... you know...

FAUX NEWS!
§ê¢rꆧ

I don't think you guys are watching enough fox news.

Postby Username » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:14 am

~
Think Progress
By Ali on Jul 24th, 2008
Giuliani: ‘It’s Natural’ Troops Watch Fox News Because Fox Covers Iraq ‘In A More Balanced Way’

While chatting with reporters on his press plane this week, Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL), noting that many of the televisions at army bases in Iraq and Afghanistan were tuned to Fox News, jokingly asked, “Is this the commander in chief’s choice?” Missing the joke, the Fox and Friends denounced Obama’s “implication” that the Bush administration was “brainwashing” the troops.

At the same time, the Fox hosts insisted that it made perfect sense that soldiers overseas would prefer Fox News because “they’re getting a fair and balanced approach” to the war. Guest Rudy Giuliani declared that if Obama “has any understanding of how American troops think,” he’d know they feel that they “get a better shake on Fox” than the other “anti-military” networks:

GIULIANI: I mean, if he has any understanding of how American troops think, it would be natural that a large percentage of them would watch Fox. There’s the sense that Fox covers the war in Iraq and the situation in Iraq in a more balanced way. … But if you talk to enough of the troops there or their offices, and not 100% but you are going to see a very large percentage of them believe they get a better shake on Fox than some of the other networks some of which I think they believe is anti-military.

Watch a compilation of Fox and Friends’ coverage of the story this morning: (at LINK)

The Fox anchors repeatedly declared that the military offers “all cable channels.” However, when Brian Kilmeade checked with a source in Gen. Petraeus’ office, he reported that the military televisions offer “AFN [American Forces Network] news, which cycles through the various news broadcasts, and you can also get CNN International, and then we have Fox.” In other words, Fox is the only stateside American network accessible around the clock.

Host Steve Doocy comically asserted, “The best coverage of the war was on Fox.” A Project for Excellence in Journalism report in March found that Fox spent the least time discussing the Iraq War in 2007 of all three cable networks, devoting just 10 percent of airtime to the subject. Similarly, in 2006 Fox spent the least time on the war — giving it hardly any more coverage than it gave to Anna Nicole Smith.

A 2003 study by the Program on International Policy found that 60 percent of Fox viewers erroneously believed at least one of the following misperceptions: that Iraq and al Qaeda were linked, that weapons of mass destruction had been found in Iraq, or that the world favored the U.S. invasion.
End

on edit: added img
Username

Re: Just say NO to FOX NEWS

Postby conniption » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:40 am

Fox News is driving me crazy.

Anne Coulter Clitorectomy / Clitoridectomy. Speaks On Boston Bombers Wife

0:43
conniption

Postby conniption » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:16 am

justdrew wrote:Check it out... this is JUST ONE DAYS worth of atrocity from the corporation most in need of a corporate death penalty...

thanks to http://www.newshounds.us/

Bret Baier’s Lapdog Interview With President And Laura Bush
Posted by Brian and Ellen · April 25, 2013 11:41 PM · 2 reactions

Special Report today featured a lengthy interview with former President and Mrs. George W Bush. The interview aired on the day Bush’s Presidential Library opened. There were no questions about WMD’s, Katrina or the Great Recession. But Baier did not take long before giving Bush openings to criticize President Obama over the Boston bombings. Bush was gracious enough to turn them aside. But he did hint that he and Baier are palsy by making such comments as, “You know me well enough to know…” and later, “I play golf like you play golf.”

Fox Demands Answers About Welfare Payments to Boston Bombers
Posted by Margarita · April 25, 2013 6:55 PM · 3 reactions

Further to previous posts about Fox News getting its knickers in a twist over reports that the Boston bombers received support from government programs ("bombed the hands that fed them" as one Fox headline puts it): pundits have spent a fair bit of time in the past 24 hours trying to whip up anger at the Massachusetts government for refusing to release information about government payments to the bombers. So far they don't seem to have had massive amounts of success.

Dennis Miller Uses Boston Marathon Bombing To Advocate Ending Lifeline Telephone Program
Posted by Ellen · April 25, 2013 5:42 PM · 2 reactions

Dennis Miller picked up the Fox News ball of using the news that Boston bombing suspects Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev had received public assistance as a means to smear social welfare programs. Just as Sean Hannity later used the information to suggest that welfare recipients are, or should be known as, enemies of good Americans, Dennis Miller got more specific and suggested that the Lifeline telephone program, misnamed as “Obamaphones” by Fox Newsies, is likely to become a tool for terrorists.

Fox News Features Extremist Anti-Abortion Priest Who Wants To Conduct Funerals For Remains In Gosnell Clinic
Posted by Priscilla · April 25, 2013 3:54 PM · 6 reactions

As part of their week long anti-Islamic hate fest, Fox News braying heads continue to bray about the dangers of "radical Islam." So it was interesting to see that their "news" programming would feature a man who is part of an all male religious group dedicated to extremist views that pose a real threat to women and doctors. No, I'm not talking about some radical jihadist mullah, but Catholic priest Fr. Frank Pavone who is part of an order of Catholic priests devoted to putting an end to safe, legal abortion. Pavone was last seen on Fox touting his daring "rescue" of a terminally ill Canadian child. Today, he was on Fox's "news" show "Happening Now" where he spoke about his desire to obtain the bodies from Gosnell's clinic so he can give them a Catholic funeral. While he seems benign enough, his writings say otherwise. But he's pro-life and that's all that matters on "fair & balanced" Fox News which is always happy to provide him with a pulpit for "pro-life" propaganda.

Blackburn Uses Gosnell Case To Feign Concern For Minorities
Posted by Ellen · April 25, 2013 3:50 PM · 3 reactions

As News Hounds Priscilla has pointed out, Fox has been exploiting the criminal case against abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell to advance its anti-abortion agenda and its “liberal” media victimhood. But nothing, in my opinion, has matched the howler of Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn – whose voting record earned her a 25% rating from the NAACP and 0% from NARAL – going on The O’Reilly Factor and pretending to be acting out of concern for minority women. Bill O’Reilly – who has his own dubious record on minorities and women – gave her a pass.

Jon Stewart Skewers Fox News Eager Shredding Of The Constitution In Wake Of Boston Bombings
Posted by Ellen · April 25, 2013 1:43 PM · 6 reactions

After a week of Fox News hate mongering and disrespect for the Constitution, all I can say is, thank God we have Jon Stewart on our side!

Fox Nation Gay Baiting Headline Cites "Lesbian Rape"
Posted by Priscilla · April 25, 2013 12:28 PM · 7 reactions

According to our legal system, rape is rape regardless of the perpetrators sexual orientation. But in the homophobic world of Fox Nation, not all rapes are created equal. According to one of its headlines, when a gay person is accused of rape, it's not just rape - but a gay rape as evidenced by this morning's "Blonde Teacher Busted for Lesbian Rape." Given the hostility of the denizens of Fox Nation towards the LGBT community, one wonders if this special designation is meant to reinforce the right wing belief that gays are scary, sexual predators and *pedophiles who shouldn't be allowed near children. Go figure!

Steve Doocy Hosts Conservative Student To Smear MI School Superintendent For "Liberal Bias"
Posted by Priscilla · April 25, 2013 11:11 AM · 4 reactions

After having his speech, at a Grosse Pointe high school cancelled, Rick Santorum was subsequently allowed to give his address after the school was assured that the speech would be about leadership and not divisive social issues - not, as claimed by Bill O'Reilly, because "The Factor" complained. The school's right wing "Young Americans for Freedom," however, asserts that the initial decision was due to Santorum's social views - something that the school denies. But as this allegation dovetails nicely with the Fox News meme about "liberal bias" in the schools, it wasn't surprising to see Steve Doocy, during a "Trouble With Schools" segment, interview a YAF student about liberal persecution, which OMG included a requirement that students get permission to attend the speech. Aww...

Hannity Guest: Obama’s Middle Name ‘A Clue’ To His ‘Weakness’ On Terrorism
Posted by Ellen · April 25, 2013 8:00 AM · 10 reactions

In a night of all hate all the time on Fox, the Hannity show’s segment with Bill Cunningham stood out last night both for the bigoted level he and Sean Hannity happily sank to in order to smear President Obama and for the fact that Fox passed off as legitimate opinion the preposterous allegation that Obama's caution in using the term "Islamic terrorism" has endangered the country.

justdrew accidentally posted this on the wrong thread.

Thanks for the link to
NewsHounds
We watch Fox so you don't have to!
conniption

Postby conniption » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:09 pm

There's no doubt in my mind, Fox News ought to be shut down, if for no other reason than they won a court battle giving them the right to lie. It's more than that, though.

Yesterday (8/22/13), half-watching Megyn Kelly's show (megyn is away on maternity leave, but no matter..they have plenty of megyn look-alikes to fill in for her..), every time I turned around there was yet another picture of a scary black man being accused of a vicious murder. I became so angry, mostly for my inability to express my utter disgust for this blatant display of mind-numbing, fear-mongering, so-called reporting of news...so ANGRY that I...that I...oh fuck it, let's just say I was pissed. Fuck You Roger Ailes.

newshounds

Fox & Friends Racializes OK Shooting With Lie That Alleged Perps Are All Black

Posted by Priscilla
August 21, 2013

Trayvon Martin's death has brought attention to racial inequities on a national scale. Rather than confront the reality of being black in America, the racist right wing now claims that any discussion of racial issues is racist. Moreover, they are seizing on any incident, in which black males have engaged in criminal behavior towards whites, to say that these assaults are motivated by black racist hatred. They demand that black leaders address these supposed hate crimes which can't, under any circumstances, be compared to a killing that is part of a long tradition of whites profiling and killing blacks because of racist hatred. Recently, in Oklahoma, a white man was allegedly killed by a mixed race group of teens. The racist right wing (including Fox's Todd Starnes) is racializing the incident and asking if the President, who, I guess is responsible for the behavior of the entire African-American community, will speak out about this heinous act which doesn't appear to be a hate crime. Predictably, Fox & Friends stoked the flames of white, racial resentment in claiming that all three shooters are black when one is Hispanic and the other white. But this is a Fox "opinion" show so it's all good...

continued

Fox & Friends: Where's the Outrage From Al Sharpton, and Barack Obama on Chris Lane? - 8/21/13

3:50 min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXokcaqWjAk

newshounds

Fox & Friends' Newest 'Scary Black Man' Race Card: "Racist Tweets"

Posted by Priscilla
August 22, 2013

In sowing hatred towards a German minority, Nazi propaganda minister, Joseph Goebbels painted the Jews as a dark and menacing "other." Fox News takes a page from that playbook in sowing hatred towards "the other." For Fox, this includes the African-American community which, in Foxworld, is seen as full of "scary black men" who are constantly making life miserable for white folks who are all law abiding. Fox also takes a page from Orwell in creating an alternate reality in which it's really black people who are racist. Part of this reality involves the meme that President Obama, because, as a black man, he weighed in on the Trayvon Martin, is required to comment whenever a white person is harmed by a black man. Predictably, Fox & Friends is using the killing of Chris Lane to further this narrative - even going so far as to ID the alleged perps as black when one is white. This morning, they continued to play the race card with the newest thing making the rounds of racist, hate sites; i.e. the black accused murderer sent racist tweets. And that begs the question of whether these defenders of white America have EVER READ THE RACIST CRAP on Fox Nation!.

While the reality based media is discussing issues like, oh say, Egypt, Syria, and the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, Fox & Friends claim that the major topic, being talked about "all around the world" is "senseless, random murder" (notice not alleged murder or shooting) of Chris Lane. Doocy explained that he was "murdered by two black teenagers and one white teenager." (Nothing said about yesterday's lie) He mentioned that some people are "blaming guns." While he spoke, the chyron stoked the fear and loathing: "Armed & Hateful, Teen Killer Posted Anti-White, Racist Tweets."

Doocy read a "racist tweet" in which accused murderer James Edwards says that "90% of white people are nasty," a sentiment that is mild compared with the average racist comment on Fox Nation. Note that the tweet does not say anything about killing whites. After Ainsley Earhardt said "wow," Doocy asked if that "sounded racist to you." Despite the fact that nothing has been clearly established, regarding the motive, Brian Kilmeade, in an effort to compare the incident to the Trayvon Martin case claimed that Edwards "hunted," "tracked," and "shot" Lane. (According to the prosecutor, Chauncy Luna allegedly pulled the trigger). Kilmeade then contradicted himself with the comment that "this was random." (Uh, I thought that Lane was "tracked.') He spoke of how the Australian Prime Minister (actually the former PM) advised Aussies not to travel to America because it's like the "wild west." He didn't mention that the former PM "slammed U.S. lawmakers for turning a blind eye to "sensible" gun control and lashed out at the National Rifle Association for using the Second Amendment as a shield against it."

Steve Doocy recounted how, on yesterday's Fox & Friends, they talked about how Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and the President were silent despite their being "so vocal during the Trayvon Martin problems..." He reported that Jesse Jackson did tweet later in the day; but only after a tweet that wasn't good enough. Video was played of Fox White House correspondent, Ed Henry, asking a White House spokesperson about the killing that was "apparently" done by THREE AFRICAN-AMERICANS. (Cuz Obama, being black and all, needs to answer for any misdeed done by blacks). The spokesperson said that Obama "didn't want to get ahead of the legal process." The chyrons reinforced the anti-Obama agitprop: "Where is the President, Aussie Killed for Fun, President is Still Silent," and "Selective Statements, President Spoke on Zimmerman But Quiet Now." Doocy's said it was "extraordinary" that the Deputy Press Secretary didn't know about it. (Uh, Steve, the White House has lots more things to think about than issues that Fox deems important). Doocy accused the president of "getting ahead of the legal process" on the Martin case. (WTF, all he said that if he had a son, he would look like him and that When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids.)

Ainsley Earhardt whined that "the left is making it a gun control issue." (And it isn't about easy access to guns?) In defending gun owners, she quoted Bill O'Reilly and spoke of how her father was a responsible gun owner. In getting in final smear on the president, Doocy quoted Fox acceptable black, conservative Dineen Borelli, who said that Sharpton, Jackson, and the president "use race when it is helpful politically."

Remind me again of who is "using race?" These people are beneath contempt. But they love Jesus so it's all good....
(video at link)
conniption

Postby coffin_dodger » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Hey Conniption - I thought TV news in the UK was bad until I saw that Fox clip above.

"He is......DEAD" - it's kinda like Kids TV with any innocence drained from it.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby justdrew » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:50 pm

Fair and Balanced News or a Difference of Opinion? Why Opinion Shows Matter for Media Effects

Abstract
In this article, we examine both the content and effects of opinion shows during the 2008 presidential election. First, a content analysis shows that opinion shows devote most of their attention to attacking the opposition candidate, rather than praising the like-minded candidate. Second, analyses of panel data show that exposure to opinion shows made viewers less (more) favorable toward the opposition (like-minded) candidate. Finally, we use overtime analyses to show that coverage of the opposition candidate affects attitudes toward both candidates, whereas coverage of the like-minded candidate has negligible effects on attitudes toward either candidate.

‘Vitriolic coverage’: Study examines why Fox News viewers hate Obama
By Eric W. Dolan | Thursday, August 22, 2013 19:36 EDT

Those who think the growing popularity of highly-partisan opinion shows is tearing the United States apart now have some empiric evidence on their side.

Research published in the September issue of Political Research Quarterly has found pundits on political opinion shows influence attitudes toward presidential candidates — and in a way that is entirely negative.

“An increasing number of Americans engage in selective exposure to ideologically consistent news sources. This fact has caused some scholars and pundits to worry that partisan news sources such as Fox News are making their audiences more polarized,” Glen Smith of the University of North Georgia and Kathleen Searles of Augusta State University wrote in their study.

The researchers found Fox News viewers became more favorable of McCain and less favorable of Obama over the course of the 2008 presidential election. Both Fox’s news programs and opinion shows made viewers more favorable of McCain and less favorable of Obama, but the effect was stronger for those who watched the opinion shows. The study also found MSNBC’s opinion shows had the converse effect, viewers became more favorable of Obama and less favorable of McCain.

Opinion shows on both news networks adopted an “attack mentality” during the 2008 election season. Pundits on MSNBC and Fox News attacked the candidate they disagreed with far more often than they voiced support for the candidate they agreed with.

This tendency to attack the opposition influenced how viewers perceived the candidates. Watching Fox News opinion shows made viewers more likely to think Obama was extremely liberal. Conversely, watching MSNBC opinion shows made viewers more likely to think McCain was extremely conservative.

But watching Fox News opinion shows had little impact on how viewers perceived McCain’s ideology, and watching MSNBC opinion shows had little impact on how viewers perceived Obama’s ideology.

The study suggests that “viewers’’ attitudes are shaped predominantly by vitriolic coverage of the opposition,” Smith and Searles wrote. “Rather than viewers consuming news from a source that confirms their support for their in-party candidate, viewers are consuming news from a source that seems to confirm their distaste for the opposition. The result is not only more polarized partisans but also partisans who are polarized because they hate the other side rather than because they are card-carrying supporters of their side.”

The findings have worrisome implications for American politics.

“If a large segment of the base of either party believes the president is ideologically extreme, they are likely to attach that extreme label to any policies the president supports,” the researchers wrote in their study. “Perhaps the rise of partisan news outlets, and consequently the increasing influence of opinion show hosts on the right and left, has contributed to polarization of the two political parties.”
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby conniption » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:48 am

coffin_dodger » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:45 pm wrote:Hey Conniption - I thought TV news in the UK was bad until I saw that Fox clip above.

"He is......DEAD" - it's kinda like Kids TV with any innocence drained from it.

Aren't they special?

Saturday Night Live (SNL) does a send-up of the show Fox & Friends.

They're fairly successful at keeping their material off YouTube though, so here's a link to their website. (See Video Clips.)

At the end of the skit they quickly scroll through the corrections...

Huffington Post

All The 'Fox & Friends' Corrections On This Week's 'SNL'

Posted: 02/18/2013

The best part of the recurring "Fox & Friends" parodies on "Saturday Night Live" is nearly always the "corrections" segment at the end, when the dimwitted hosts Steve Doocy, Gretchen Carlson and Brian Kilmeade grin blankly into the camera as corrections of misstatements they said on the show fly by.

Check out the full sketch here.

Thanks to the official "SNL" website for posting the full list of corrections from this week's "Fox & Friends."

At no time did our military fight a war against Cobra.

The "T" in BLT does not stand for "terrorism."

Meteors are not coming to take your guns.

It is not Roe vs. Dwayne Wade.

Zero Dark Thirty is not a diet soda.

The Vatican is not accessible through a wardrobe.

Food stamps are not used to mail food.

Armadillo is not Spanish for "arms dealer."

Navy Seals are not actual seals with laser beams on their heads.

"That's not a knife, this is a knife" is not the Australian National Anthem.

At no time did the passengers on the Carnival Cruise ship become zombies.

Beyonce cannot hypnotize animals.

"Adele" is a singer. "A Dell" is a computer.

February is a month.

Marco Rubio did not bring pasta back from China.

The Staten Island Ferry will not give you money for teeth.

The real Abraham Lincoln lived longer than 3 hours.

More people died from gun violence last year than from walking into elevator shafts.

The Constitution did not "write itself."

Bruno Mars is from Earth.

There are no Americans in the Bible.

The tie goes to the runner.

Not all amputees kill their girlfriends.

Zumba is not a secret form of Santeria.

North Korea is not a Cloud City.

A "pin code" and a "pine cone" are two different things.

The kid on Modern Family did not start out in porn.

Joe Biden's teeth are real and do not pick up radio waves.

Polar bears are rarely "asking for it."

Kobe beef is not meat from the flesh of Kobe Bryant.

A "period piece" is not a movie that only plays during one week of the month.

Plants are alive, but they cannot watch TV.

A transgender is not a car that can be driven by men and women.

Kate Upton is not dating a glacier.

God does not sneeze electricity.

The similar names of the North Dakota and South Dakota are not a coincidence.

Even black people love Raymond.

Mumford's daughters are not in foster care.

More corrections from other shows.
Last edited by conniption on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
conniption

Postby conniption » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:03 am

Media Matters

Fox Attacks Former Executive In Attempt To Defuse Upcoming Roger Ailes Biography
Blog ››› August 21, 2013 4:42 PM EDT ››› ERIC HANANOKI

Fox News is using its firing of former executive vice president Brian Lewis as an opportunity to again attack a forthcoming biography by New York writer Gabriel Sherman of chairman and CEO Roger Ailes. continued

Atlantic Wire

The Stars of Fox News Rally to Defend Roger Ailes Against His Fired P.R. Man

Aug 21, 2013

For Roger Ailes, there's no such thing as punching down. His public relations team is famously ferocious, and now that the longtime head of that team, Brian Lewis, has been fired, he's being subjected to the same punching.

After 17 years working for Ailes, Lewis was fired July 25 and escorted out of the Fox building. For media reporters who've dealt with Fox's PR team, this was a huge deal. It "means Ailes is more isolated than ever before," writes New York's Gabriel Sherman, whose book on Fox News and Ailes is due out in January. "A frequent joke around Fox was that while everyone is scared of Roger Ailes, the only person Roger Ailes is scared of is Brian Lewis." Politico's Dylan Byers called Lewis Ailes' "right hand."

Fox News Alert! No way, Greta Van Susteren says. "Brian Lewis is NOT the #2 at Fox News Channel, is NOT the right hand man to Roger, and is NOT largely responsible for building the network and its success," Van Susteren writes on her blog. "If he was the #2 at Fox News and and largely responsible for its success, that is a Fox News Alert to this prime time anchor of 11 1/2 years!" She's not the only on-air star trashing Lewis. Fox contributor Donald Trump said Sherman's report for New York "is total bullshit." Fox News senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano scoffed at the report. The Five co-host Greg Gutfeld tweeted, "Oh what a surprise: mag writer finds canned bitter ex-employee to be canned and bitter. Stellar journalism!"

Van Susteren, especially, might be underplaying Lewis's role at Fox. "Frankly, I don’t think I could pick Brian out of a line up!" she writes. (At least they're on a first-name basis?) As Politico points out, "Lewis joined the network as vice president of media relations six months before its launch in 1996. He was promoted to senior vice president in 2000 and executive vice president in 2006." Sounds like a pretty important guy.

And Lewis might be surprised so many Fox stars don't remember him. He suggested they were fans of his work in 2008, when The New York Times' David Carr detailed the aggressive tactics of his team. "Yes, we are an aggressive department in a passive industry, and believe me, the executives and talent appreciate it," Lewis said. "We are the biggest target in the industry and we accept that... We embrace controversy." In another bit of irony, Politico reports that when speaking with Fox executives, "Others cautioned that The Hollywood Reporter has long been a go-to source for Fox News PR." If that's true, then Fox News PR is using it to blast the former head of Fox News PR.

But Sherman reports there were signs of trouble in the relationship between Lewis and Ailes. When Fox News decided to go after Fox mole Joe Muto — not just firing him, but trying to get him arrested — Lewis, objected. Muto's revelations were inconsequential, he told Sherman in April 2012. Sherman asked Lewis, "Isn’t this punching down?" "Dude, I know. I was overruled," Lewis replied. Now it is his turn.
conniption

Postby cptmarginal » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:37 pm

:lol:
The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:42 pm

:lol:
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby KeenInsight » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:24 pm

O'Reily is also a racist piece of shit.

All those entertainment media shills will sink to the lowest common denominator to for a god damn paycheck. Someone who like O'Reily during the 60s/70s reported the JFK "assassination theories" seriously at that time and then comes back with his JFK coincidence theory books today - which are also the most poorly received JFK books in existence.
KeenInsight

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Lawyer For Fired Fox News Executive: Roger Ailes Should Fear My Client

TOM KLUDT 2:04 PM EDT, TUESDAY AUGUST 27, 2013

The attorney for the public relations executive who was fired last month by Fox News Channel said Tuesday that the conservative cable news empire should fear his client.

Brian Lewis was described as an "attack dog" and a right hand man for Fox News chief Roger Ailes until the channel fired him late last month for what it described as "financial irregularities."

Lewis has said very little since the firing. He told the website TVNewser that he wouldn't address the speculation surrounding his termination, but that it was "an honor and privilege to work for Roger Ailes the past 20 years."

If the statement from Lewis's attorney Judd Burstein is any indication, the public niceties won't last long.

Burstein, whose past clients have included Donald Trump, told Gawker that Ailes and "his toadies" should think twice before smearing Lewis.

"I have just been retained and am still plotting our course of action," Burstein said in the statement. "But two things are very clear to me. First, Brian Lewis no longer has any confidentiality obligation to Newscorp or Roger Ailes because of the false and malicious statements made by Fox to date. Second, Roger Ailes and Newscorp have a lot more to fear from Brian Lewis telling the truth about them than Brian Lewis has to fear from Roger Ailes and his toadies telling lies about Brian Lewis."
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby mulebone » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:46 am

Saturday Night Live (SNL) does a send-up of the show Fox & Friends.

They're fairly successful at keeping their material off YouTube though, so here's a link to their website. (See Video Clips.)

At the end of the skit they quickly scroll through the corrections...

SNL's send up will never be funnier than the real deal. It's like parodying an Ed Wood film. There's no point. The Fox & Friends morning show looks like it's manned by three folk they found at a mall 5 minutes before air time. Their jokes are always hilarious except not in the way that they intended.

If I'm supposed to say NO to Fox, does that imply that I'm supposed to say YES to the other network news shows, because I can't do that. They don't appear to be any less absurd than Fox. Keith Olbermann was as much of bloviating windbag as Bill O'Reilly. Wealthy liberals are as completely full of shit as wealthy conservatives.

The former editor of the Post Gazette in Pittsburgh, John Craig Jr., is a perfect example of what was known as a "country club liberal." One of his pet ideas was that Section 8 housing should be built in neighborhoods where it wasn't traditionally built. Which was all fine except Craig lived on a huge Sewickley estate with no houses anywhere near him. I never once saw him advocate to have his extensive property subdivided for welfare mommies.
Well Robert Moore went down heavy
With a crash upon the floor
And over to his thrashin' body
Betty Coltrane she did crawl.
She put the gun to the back of his head
And pulled the trigger once more
And blew his brains out
All over the table.
mulebone

Next

Return to General Discussion