Original RI quotes only

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Original RI quotes only

Postby RocketMan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:01 am

stickdog99 wrote:Since when should any US citizen be rooting for the criminalization of the free dissemination of true information that exposes the corruption and mendacity of any of our political representatives, regardless of the team they play for?

Even if Guccifer is an actual agent of Putin, doesn't the disclosure of the truth about how our leaders actually operate serve the greater interests of democracy? Doesn't the criminalization of the disclosure of the truth about how our leaders actually operate oppose the greater interests of democracy?

Yes, Trump is the greater of the evils, by far, but the greatest of the evils is allowing your hatred of Trump to blind you into supporting even further criminalization of the disclosure of the truth. The greater battle is the battle of whistleblowers of all stripes vs. corrupt oligarchs of all stripes. How is it that corporate media has managed to turn so many otherwise well-meaning Democrats against their most cherished overriding principles over just two short years of conditioning?
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby alloneword » Sat May 04, 2019 5:55 pm

philipacentaur » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:54 pm wrote:I prefer discussion over debate. It's less formal and there's no barrier for entry.
alloneword

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by barracuda » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:51 pm

The spectacle of American Dream citing board rules after his behaviour on these Alavarez threads is really beyond the pale. You can stop anytime now, dude, and quit playing toy admin. It's not only boring as hell, its just a tiny bit nauseating.

From the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25288&start=120

10 yrs ago.

AD's behavior in that thread is quite telling, and disturbing, given his M.O. throughout his 'tenure' here. And yet he's permitted to persist.

I encourage all to check out that thread and come to your own conclusions.
Belligerent Savant

Postby brainpanhandler » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:44 pm

MacCruiskeen » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:21 am wrote:
NeonLX wrote:As I've said elsewhere, the only "good" thing about Drumpf is that he may be galvanizing the opposition, much of which lay dormant while Obomb'em was in office.

"Galvanizing" 'em like a frog's severed legs wired to a battery. As soon as the media switch off the juice (maybe after a JFK-in-Dallas moment or some other "constitutional crisis"), I think most of that "opposition" will subside into happy inertia once again, and then it'll be back to business-as-usual, capitalism-as-usual, empire-as-usual. planetary-collapse-as-usual. And you'll be a "conspiracy theorist" or a Debbie Downer if you see anything wrong with any of it.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby brainpanhandler » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:46 pm

stickdog99 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:59 pm wrote: The Democrats are down by four points with just a minute left on the clock, but they have the ball first and goal on the one foot line. And out comes their Charlie Brown and Lucy field goal unit.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:22 pm

Harvey » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:36 am wrote:Always worth pointing out to QAnon chaps that 4D chess is just chess. Time is the fourth dimension.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:19 pm

Harvey » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:17 pm wrote:I'm still trying to comprehend how the United States of America lured a celebrated state official of another country they've been persecuting for at least seventy years to his death and (for many people) apparently succeeded in trying to pretend he was a terrorist by killing him in an act of terrorism in front of the worlds press.

Techtonic guns seem like, overkill, beside the power to do all that.

But I confess, I am open to the idea.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby hanshan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:04 pm

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41979&p=683468#p683468

This is what I mean about media operating on a delay. The "slight extension"
you're talking
has already been extended through
the middle of March and there are currently
more Chinese citizen
living under martial law lockdown than exist
in the entire United States of America

hanshan

Postby hanshan » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:27 pm

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41979&p=683772#p683772

WR

This is shaping up to be an existential threat to the social contract --
any version of purported relationship between the rulers and the ruled.

Not that things are much better here. Once you really
dig into CDC's guidelines for dealing with this, they don't
even get serious about their "recommendations" per school
closures and cancelling mass events until there are
millions of casualties. Not cases; casualties.
Commerce Uber Alles

hanshan

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:35 pm

Elvis » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:09 pm wrote:
Belligerent Savant » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:22 pm wrote:.

Elvis » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:57 pm wrote:
Perhaps weirdest of all is how we in the US spend two fucking years choosing an executive.

"choosing an executive" should be replaced with the suggested long-winded clarification "being subjected to blatant propaganda/disinfo campaigns -- conditioning programs -- designed to offer the illusion of self-directed selection of the next appointed figurehead".

:rofl2 Yup.

At least out of all this, national health insurance has been dished onto the policy plate. Most of the energy has gone into trying to scrape it back off.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby liminalOyster » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:55 pm

Wombat wrote:people don't have a lot of gears or gradients between "You're Just Being Paranoid" and "We're All Going To Die."
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:15 pm

JackRiddler » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:30 pm wrote:People can start whatever they like on Reddit or Instagram or TikTok or whatever else they fancy. It may be interesting, but I don't care and obviously it will not be this board, for exactly the reasons you're saying. This board will remain the only version of this board above all because it includes the only archive of this board. I hope we will be able to save it, but there will be no non-php substitute.
Belligerent Savant

Postby liminalOyster » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:06 pm

stickdog99 wrote:Note that under no circumstance are we allowed to ask anything of our government to do anything significant to help us. No, the onus is instead almost completely on each and every average American struggling to survive. If we can't afford the outrageous cost of health insurance, then that is our fault and we deserve to die. If we can't afford the outrageous cost of hosing, that is our fault and we deserve to live in the gutter. If we can't afford the necessities of life, that is our fault because we didn't plan far enough ahead. If we can't earn a living and manage to survive comfortably while hiding away in our houses indefinitely, that is our fault for not having sufficiently prepared for ourselves for the cybernetic dystopian future that Hollywood unceasingly warmed us about. If we contract COVID-19 and get seriously ill or die, that is our fault for interacting with other humans or objects touched by other humans without immediately dipping our hands in the precious cytoplasmic membrane exploding chemicals we should have known to stockpile.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:01 pm

semper occultus » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:12 am wrote:the current financial system is a bit like those memes of guys on bicycles in India somewhere with 2 goats riding pillion & a dozen baskets perched precariously on the handle-bars. The "Its-just-the-flu" merchants do have sort of a point - its only a pot-hole in the road that the bikes front wheel just hit, not a 20 foot deep pit but that's missing the point of the very small amount of force required to bring about the collapse of a very large system once it has achieved a sufficiently unstable or unsustainable condition.

JackRiddler

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie