Original RI quotes only

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Original RI quotes only

Postby brainpanhandler » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:59 pm

American Dream » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:06 am wrote:I am OK with "Holocaust Revisionism" around the Nazi atrocities, to the point that we expand our solidarity, not shrink it. Meaning: The Nazi genocide against European Jews must not be forgotten, but it should be expanded to include all the victims, and most importantly, must include concrete action to end the ongoing atrocities, here and now. Doing this all suggests that we expand our view of History to accept the many, many holocausts which shaped our world. These are crimes against Humanity that have much to teach us. Thus, we can act more effectively on behalf of Human Rights, and Social Justice, here and now.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby jakell » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:58 am

BrandonD » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:17 pm wrote:Anyone with an strong opinion on something that has no bearing on his day-to-day life (such as a stranger possibly molesting another stranger) is either emotionally invested in the subject, or indoctrinated. Either way, that person is incapable of assessing that scenario objectively.

I'm probably breaking the rules by commenting here, but this is a deceptively powerful statement.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Postby Nordic » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:41 am

jakell » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:58 am wrote:
BrandonD » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:17 pm wrote:Anyone with an strong opinion on something that has no bearing on his day-to-day life (such as a stranger possibly molesting another stranger) is either emotionally invested in the subject, or indoctrinated. Either way, that person is incapable of assessing that scenario objectively.

I'm probably breaking the rules by commenting here, but this is a deceptively powerful statement.

It's also incorrect. Or is that what you meant by "deceptively powerful"?
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Project Willow » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:27 am

Elvis » 27 Feb 2014 18:56 wrote:The biggest threat to the health of this forum isn't government trolls, it isn't the NSA, the FBI, Gilad Atzmon, the National Anarchists or game-playing newcomers; the biggest threat to this forum is the poison being passed around right here by longstanding members. One indisputable result -- just so far -- has been driving out Wombaticus Rex, whose wisdom, if you will look back, was shining through this crap like a laser beam. Thanks a lot, dickheads.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:15 pm

NeonLX & conniption, from a thread entitled "Fake-Food Scandal":

conniption » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:39 pm wrote:
NeonLX » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:29 am wrote:Screw it. I'm going back to an all-Twinkie diet.

Are you sure they're real twinkies?

"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby semper occultus » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:39 pm

"Unfortunately … it would appear that a surprising number of people use webcam conversations to show intimate parts of their body to the other person.
semper occultus

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:18 pm

solace

Oh I hope you do succeed keeping her on ignore. She is such a whacked out troublemaker. I have her and searcher on ignore and it is so nice not having to directly consider their constant crap anymore. Good luck. I will never take either off ignore no matter how awful or weird they get.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby solace » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:02 pm

You folk are carrying umbrellas today to keep you dry from yesterday's rain.

IAWIA
solace

Postby BrandonD » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:48 pm

Nordic » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:41 am wrote:
jakell » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:58 am wrote:

It's also incorrect. Or is that what you meant by "deceptively powerful"?

In my experience it is very much correct. In addition, people to whom it applies will be the most likely to negatively respond to the statement.

(edit: not a passive-aggressive dig, I don't know you well enough to make that assessment, but just a corollary which might be worth some consideration)
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:37 pm

The Consul » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:15 pm wrote: [snip]

I have found out in my own lifetime numerous times that what I believed to be true was bullshit. I try not to take anyone's opinion too seriously, other than through parody or farce. Many times I have come here and been exposed to thing I would not otherwise have seen/thought. Overall I believe in the essence of this board because of Jeff, a handful of posters and the wonderful hardee har comity of the place!!!
I was wondering, gee...how much do trolls get paid? Do they go to troll school? Can't imagine doing it myself. But sadly, more than likely, I am an unwitting poser.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby RocketMan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:24 pm

BrandonD wrote:Here is what I'd consider an ordinary person's trail down the conspiracy rabbit hole:

It begins with the recognition of some piece of the Octopus group, which basically opens the curtain to an oligarchy of psychopaths and thugs which use human beings like chess pieces - for example using child trafficking as a means to allow powerful people to indulge in depravity, and this depravity later becomes blackmail to ensure that person's obedience.

This is the deepest point that the mainstream media will go. One can stop digging at this point, and imagine that this group encompasses the entirety of the conspiracy.

One would like to restrict the conspiracy to the above group, because it keeps our current model of reality intact. But unfortunately it does not explain the entirety of events and phenomena.

:lol2:
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:47 pm

barracuda wrote:The path from RI moderator to True Blood fangirl to Jehovah's Witness seems pretty straightforward to me. Perhaps even inevitable.
"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." ~ A.N. Whitehead
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby hanshan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:23 pm

JackRiddler » 30 Mar 2014 20:33 wrote:
Now it's easy to understand what drives almost all of us to love the conveniences and advantages of living inside our own technology, and how this tends toward "the singularity" all on its own. (Hey, we're only looking to keep everyone entertained with access to all the arts dating back to Homer, cure cancer, and administrate a production and transport system that minimizes deaths through the process, here!) But what is it that drives a few people to wittingly want to replace all humans, including themselves? It's a species of suicidal and global misanthropy, but one curiously void of actual hatred, detached... in short, sociopathic. At the same time, deeply religious, with a fanatical tendency, a cult if not of outright extinction then one certainly willing to risk it (or to laughably minimize the risk) on behalf of these future beings. You hear people want to confer rights to life and a superior mindset to as yet theoretical beings that we do not actually need to create. There's a mystical inevitabilism, a desire for teleology.

hanshan

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:38 am

peartreed » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:07 pm wrote:The idea of discarnate entities cross-communicating common content telepathically to attuned automatists recording commonalities unbeknownst to one another is a phenomenal psychic stretch.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:26 am

thrulookingglass » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:31 pm wrote: And this heart transplant disturbs me even more as I wouldn't be surprised if we discover some mischief behind this handy donated heart. It also helps to paint Cheney as some Frankenstein's monster, f#cking energizer bunny of evil nit wits! I hope Dick is some kind of transformative lizard multi-dimensional space alien, it would help restore my faith in humanity.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie