"what is money, how did it originate"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: "what is money, how did it originate"

Postby brainpanhandler » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:26 pm

789 wrote:I take it for granted that ye learned ones read latin well

Er, no. Not so much.

And google translate isn't a whole lot of help either. Not sure if the latin is garbled or the translation is incompatible or both, but I can't really make head nor tail of it:

google translate wrote:What is that to the Framer of bar.

In the head of the throne, was the first of the second the servant is Chamberlain, a clerk or a layman, whose function can be got ready in a few, word, yet they are not in practice. Here such out of the treasury against the sheriffs, or who it count, minister, let him and when he ought to have been according to the calculation of that the idea of you have occasion to, and changes, and / or diminish, or adds in the bar, and cut, was added to the Sheriff of contratalea. When this is done at the Easter term the Sheriff, the longer he renders a second time in terrnino of Saint Michael as asserting. In the, while the term of Saint Michael, with its total in the rolls of sutured being devoted to in writing, delivered up a longer, Marshal of the same, to be stored in the his BOOKCASE.

D. I am surprised, what you said you were taken away bar once again, the account shall be presented to the account of others.

Marcus Do not be surprised, for whoever may; close of, and / or from the sheriff of the repayments are at the Easter term, it is necessary cause to be summoned a second time, yet not so as to be broken, that what I already has been paid, but himself, to offer his account of the solution and offered to bar some time ago that there was to be drawn up in the writing of the roll, and by be absolved from the from the debt. For while the bar has had the power of himself, was free from it will not be, but always be summoned.

D. And were there seen these necessary things, but continue them, if you please, out of the offices of.

Marcus Or rather, because of the mention of the rings, determined NOT SO, in what order consists taliandi reason, with a few advert to it. Such a kind of the other is, purely and simply the things that body is called such; another, which we call the listed. But that such a Legitimate from the top of the length of the index up; to the top of the bent of thumb is: there are a small drill through it. But the Memoranda for the farm of the things that Bl [GOOSE] is always sieri is wont to, a little shorter than it is; Essay Inasmuch as I have, through which the firm is made white, the first that is broken, and to him was added to the length of the bar of the burning for the first time such a deserves. " This is made on the basis of engraving and. At the top, they put 1000 Book I, ch.; So that the thickness of the palm trees of his engraving and be capable of; to 100 l of thumb; XXL as auricular; meal of one pound of barley, grapes of engraving and as it were swollen with rage; further from the truth of the solid, so however, that the place of destruction from the vacuato groove for a little there let it be, a coin made an incision the common ancestor is marked in no. From which part, a Millenarie is cut into, no one else but thou shalt put the number of, unless perhaps the middle of a part of it, so in like manner as a means of cutting a part of it robs them, and within that course. Similarly, if the cuttings of the Cl is, and not for it one thousand, thou shalt do so: and out of the XXL. so: The sun and of twenty. a pound of those whom we do say. What if a great many Millenaries, and / or each captaine of, and / or in effect: pounds be cut are, the law be kept the same, as we have in a wider part of the same such a body, that is, which is proposed to you directly made greater than the number of fixing the, on the other the minor must be cut, out of, actually, in a wider, there was always is greater than the number of occupying the foremost place from the less than open to them always smaller, that is, pence. A mark of silver at the Exchequer of engraving and it is not only significant, but is designated by the firm. Mark, however, of gold in the midst of such a body, just as a pound of one fall not. The ear, the one is not exactly as if argenteutn, but leadership of the directors of incidence, a knife through the midst of such a body, not just as it is in obliquando pieces of silver. So the very disposition of the places and the difference of cutting, what what it is of gold or silver, both of them; is determined. Howbeit, it is more suitable, view of all these things than by word you know?.

D. Because out of these side it remains, evidence of his eyes will hold up. Now if it please you out of the offices of and inspire.

Marcus After this man, as we have mentioned some of the interposition of the men of birth or other status sent by the king, he who is on resides commandment of the king makes the computations of numbers for the position of the lips of the. The Office is indeed very complicated and laborious, and by the end of him, they are hardly or never can reason do exchequer got ready but there was no sitting down, there is applied to the office, but the man who he hath sent word righteousness of the king, or in execution. Laborious, I say, because other things was the hand of the offices of the tongue, or: this is the With these two is completed but in this case, the tongue, hands, eyes, the mind is an indefatigable labor.

I suppose that makes me an "unlearned one".

Am I to understand from the post at dailypaul you link to that 789 and yamaguchy are one and the same and that you are yamaguchy?
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 789 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:19 pm

I guess, then, I have to plug the hole in your learning:--
As to the Maker of Tallies.

Now at the head of the second seat the serjeant of the chamberlains comes first, a clerk or a layman, whose office can briefly be disposed of ; in word, however, not in deed. He brings forth from the treasury the tallies against the sheriff or against him who renders account; and, when it is necessary, according as the manner of accounting demands, he changes or diminishes or adds to the tally, comparing it with the counter tally of the sheriff. This having been done at the Easter term, he gives back the longer one to the sheriff to bring again at the Michaelmas term. But at the Michaelmas term, when the amount of it shall have been put down in writing in the roll, he hands this same longer one to the marshal to put in his box.

Scholar. I wonder at thy saying that a tally once offered for an account, should again be offered for another account.

Master. Do not wonder; for with regard to whatever has been exacted, or paid by the sheriff at the Easter term, he must again be summoned; not, indeed, in order that what has been paid should be paid again, but that the sheriffs shall present themselves to give account, and that the tally offered for the payment previously made ma be reduced to writing in the roll, and that thus he may be absolved from his debt. For so long as be has the tally in his possession, he will not be acquitted but will always be liable to be summoned.

Scholar. And all this seems necessary. But proceed, if it Please thee, concerning the offices.

Master. Now, since we have made mention of tallies, learn in a few words what the process is in which the matter of tallying consists. There is, then, one kind of tally which is called simply tally; another, which we call memoranda tally. The length of an ordinary tally is from the top of the forefinger to the top of the extended thumb; there it is perforated with a moderate borer. But a memoranda which is always accustomed to be made for a blank farm is a little shorter; for when the assay is made through which the farm is blanched, that first one is broken, and the tally of combustion being added to it, it then first merits the length of a tally. The incision, moreover, is made in this way : At the top they out £1000 in such as way that its notch has the thickness of the palm; £100 of the thumb; £20 of the ear; the notch of one pound, about of a swelling grain of barley; but that of a shilling, less ; in such wise, nevertheless, that, a space being cleared out by cutting, a moderate furrow shall be made there; the penny is marked by the incision being made, but no wood being cut away. On the side where the 1000 is cut thou dost not put another number, unless, perhaps, the middle part of it; in such wise that thou in like manner dost take away the middle part of its notch and dost place it below. [Note : The meaning of this passage is obscure. The Latin reads: " Ex qua vero parte millenarius inciditur, alium non pones numerum; nisi forte mediam ejus partem; sic ut mediam similiter incisionis ejus partem demas, et infra constituas."] Just so if £100 is to be cut in, and thou hast thousands, thou shalt do the same; and if £210, the same; and if 20 shillings, which we call a pound. But if many thousands or hundreds or twenties of pounds are to be cut in, the same law shall be observed, so that on the more open side of the tally, that is, that which is placed directly before thee, a mark being made, the greater number shall be cut; but on the other, the lesser; but on the obverse side, is always the greater number at the top, but on the converse always the lesser, that is, the pence. For a mark of silver there is no special notch at the exchequer, but we designate it in shillings. But a mark of gold thou dost cut in the middle of the tally as though it were one pound. But one gold piece is not cut altogether like a silver piece, but by drawing the knife directly through the middle of the tally; not obliquely, as in the case of the silver piece. Thus, therefore, both, the arrangement of the positions and the difference of cut, determines what is gold and what is silver. But thou shalt learn all this more conveniently by looking at it than by hearing of it.

Yamaguchy was the name of my website where I posted the electronic text I (mainly) produced; on forums I use '789' easy to remember

Postby brainpanhandler » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:04 pm

Hmmm, yes, well... allow me to fill a hole in your learning. The following, at best, thinly veiled racist point of view is not tolerated here. Human beings fleeing utter poverty and despair are not an infestation, like lice or vermin. So you're not likely to last long.

789 at dailypaul wrote:There is an indian legend according to which long time ago, long before Columbus,there were whites in what is today America. The indians fought against them and exterminated them. The final group of white survivors escaped into a cave. The indians couldn't fight them there, so they built a large fire at the opening and smoked and fryed them.
So meditate on your future while mexicans and others infest your country; while marxists can march a million illegal aliens up and down the streets; while Peroutka or Phillips can't even get mail-in votes

Oh well. I'd prefer to debate you for a bit, but admin probably won't see it that way.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby IanEye » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:45 pm

789 wrote:Hümmm

Now I am a woman, a legend, a unaBomber and other.....

Is there really such thing as 'Legend of Yamaguchy' ? I would like to hear it.

wow, Ishmael!

It certainly is interesting to see you surface here at Rigorous Intuition. I can understand why one might be offended, being compared to the Unabomber. I meant it more in the "disgruntled misanthrope who built his own shack away from society" way, as opposed to the "violently psychotic terrorist who sent pipe bombs to his perceived enemies" way. But either way, i apologize.

I did credit you as far as citing where I found the Astle book, so that part is cool, right?

Happy Valentines Day!

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:35 am

brainpanhandler wrote:He refers to them as the International Bullion Brokers and characterizes them as this shadowy cabal that has been the power behind the power of just about every government since the dawn of civilization. The dearth of direct evidence for the existence of this multi-multigenerational conspiracy to enslave mankind through the manipulation of fiat currency and fractional reserve banking is explained by the premise that "they" have kept this conspiracy a super-duper secret through the millenia. Fine.

Yeah I have some issues with that. I think the "they" is a mathematical function of the system, not some continuous plan of enslavement. if there is a "they" its cos economies of "growth" probably distribute wealth according to a power law distribution.

I mean, it's a fine question: How did this whole thing get started? And it's not an easy question to answer, obviously. I don't think the answer is probably a whole lot different than the one Astle posits, minus the unbroken line of conspirators going all the way back into antiquity and the dawn of written history and minus the patriarchal, misogynistic, christian/theistic slant.

I'd agree with that, seems obvious tho I haven't read the book yet.

I mean fractional reserve banking is a fucking crime against humanity, perhaps the crime against humanity and it is the yoke around our collective necks. No doubt about it. And it stands to reason that somewhere in antiquity someone figured out that they could lend out more than they actually had in reserves in some form of fiat currency and thereby create an obscene profit out of thin air. They're fucking vampires. It also stands to reason that such banking operations would seek to keep their methods a secret.

Yeah, the vampire thing is apt, and the legend makes sense the way vk interprets it.

Sham democracies in his opinion were created by the bankers in order to divide the people and prevent them from mounting any sort of opposition as well as to end the reign of kings who might get it in their heads to usurp their power with force of arms.

Thats directly out of the protocols...
Joe Hillshoist

Postby 789 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:34 pm

"disgruntled misanthrope who built his own shack away from society"

You may have seen on the picture that the shack in tent city was in downtown Toronto, prime real estate --hardly away from society. Then how about rich people who build large houses on secluded 200-acre lots ?

(wasn't offended, more like smiled)

as for my dis-gruntlement, read it here:--
http://www.dailypaul.com/123387/an-old- ... find-books
or here:
http://www.wealthmoney.org/forums/topic/17
http://www.wealthmoney.org/forums/topic/18

watch the basket people walk around and mumble

Postby IanEye » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:53 pm

789 wrote:You may have seen on the picture that the shack in tent city was in downtown Toronto, prime real estate --hardly away from society.

Fair enough Ishmael, but to be honest, Walden really isn't all that far from Concord center. All sorts of people walk over there on their lunch break, like Bono for instance:

Bono on a walk with friends
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby brainpanhandler » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:47 am

That picture is great ianeye. Bill is about a tenth of a second from stepping on that huge, how-could -you-not-see-it rock because he's not looking where he's going or stepping but is instead staring up in the trees. Hillary, looking thoroughly frumpy and unhappy, is surreptitiously cutting her eyes down to watch her hapless husband step on the rock that she saw 100 feet before they got there and thought to herself, " The idiots not going to see that stone and he'll step on it". In that moment she's thinking, "I knew it. dumbass."

As for Bono?

brainpanhandler

Postby 789 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:00 pm

Didn't Mr. Bono have a skiing accident while two people were holding his hands ?

And by "disgruntled misanthrope" you mean Mr. and Mrs. Clinton, who like to throw bombs at people and blow up their houses, and completely subvert and disorganize their society ? I get your point now.

Postby smiths » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:03 am

is that bono? i have to say its not close enough for me to really know that is bono
the question is why, who, why, what, why, when, why and why again?
smiths

Postby smiths » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:16 am

on money and how it originated,
i have been working for the last five months in a different job and have been thinking about markets and money more simply,

i have in that period formulated my own three rules of economics and money

1. relative supply and demand affects price

2. stable money will always be sought as a medium and lubricant of exchange

3. noting the diversity in human character and situation, some people or groups will always attempt to dishonestly influence the outcome of rules 1 and 2.

ten years ago, gold and silver weren't 'money' according to the system
now they are
a thousand years ago in china silver was wealth and the Yuan didnt exist
now it does

i wonder what could truly be said to be the first money and did any animals before us use a 'money' thing in their exchange
the question is why, who, why, what, why, when, why and why again?
smiths

Postby compared2what? » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:32 am

789 wrote:Oh, I see; it is the satanist Bono the clintons are walking with, not the Sonny one.

The sad thing is that there are at least two errors of historical understanding in the little squibs to which you linked that are as crude and basic as mistaking one Bono for the other due to an extremely limited grasp of the cultural and social context in which they both rose to prominence would have been. Had you been in earnest about it, I mean.

And no, I'm not going to cite them. Oh. Well....I guess, mostly because I don't feel like engaging in the empty exercise of trying to convey information and concepts that are very vivid and meaningful to me to someone who's determined not to acknowledge their validity. That's why.
compared2what?

Postby vanlose kid » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:46 am

789 wrote:...

as for my dis-gruntlement, read it here:--
http://www.dailypaul.com/123387/an-old- ... find-books

There is an indian legend according to which long time ago, long before Columbus,there were whites in what is today America. The indians fought against them and exterminated them. The final group of white survivors escaped into a cave. The indians couldn't fight them there, so they built a large fire at the opening and smoked and fryed them.

So meditate on your future while mexicans and others infest your country; while marxists can march a million illegal aliens up and down the streets; while Peroutka or Phillips can't even get mail-in votes.

:blankstare

"Teach them to think. Work against the government." – Wittgenstein.
vanlose kid

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:36 am

Joe Hillshoist

Postby crikkett » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:40 am

brainpanhandler wrote:That picture is great ianeye. Bill is about a tenth of a second from stepping on that huge, how-could -you-not-see-it rock because he's not looking where he's going or stepping but is instead staring up in the trees. Hillary, looking thoroughly frumpy and unhappy, is surreptitiously cutting her eyes down to watch her hapless husband step on the rock that she saw 100 feet before they got there and thought to herself, " The idiots not going to see that stone and he'll step on it". In that moment she's thinking, "I knew it. dumbass."

I thought she was more like, "This is a pretty suit but it's too bad the jacket isn't lined, and how am I supposed to keep up in these shoes?" (They look loose)

on edit:
IanEye wrote:
789 wrote:ImageBono on a walk with friends
crikkett

Blog: View Blog (5)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion