Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: NFL Conspiracy? Steelers-Chargers final play looks fishy

Postby MinM » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Earth-704509
MinM

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Jesus, MinM, don't fucking remind me, I was just bitching all day yesterday about that Hillis trade. UGHHHHH!!!

Two years ago this is what 82_28 was saying about Payton Hillis: "Dude, I seriously will have his children." Yes, I said it a number of times. The dude is a baller.

Anyways, funny thing. I was about to go in search of this thread and I log in and lo and behold it's the first damn thread at the top of the page. SYNCHRONICITY!!!!

Well, not that big a deal, but a friend just sent me a link to this clip. And I was literally coming here to post it in this thread.

There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby MinM » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:26 pm

82_28 wrote:Jesus, MinM, don't fucking remind me, I was just bitching all day yesterday about that Hillis trade. UGHHHHH!!!

Two years ago this is what 82_28 was saying about Payton Hillis: "Dude, I seriously will have his children." Yes, I said it a number of times. The dude is a baller.

Anyways, funny thing. I was about to go in search of this thread and I log in and lo and behold it's the first damn thread at the top of the page. SYNCHRONICITY!!!!

Well, not that big a deal, but a friend just sent me a link to this clip. And I was literally coming here to post it in this thread.

Sorry about that, 82_28. :wink: Having watched Hillis in the preseason roll through the Detroit Lions like Sherman through Atlanta I wondered where he came from. BTW Colorado Professor and national columnist Paul Campos had an interesting take on Josh McDaniels:
The Broncos were idiots to fire Shanahan and hire Juice Box McDaniels. Not that Shanny is the greatest coach in the world but McDaniels is a little kid who has all the worst Old Man tendencies -- thinks football is a test of "character" as opposed to a test of whether you have enough good football players.

Last edited by MinM on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MinM

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:36 pm

I do wonder about at least three of the last four games the Jets won. I don't wonder about the games the Eagles are winning.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Texas Rangers Fan Falls After Josh Hamilton Toss, Dies

Postby MinM » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:01 pm

Although, to my knowledge, Jerry has not been into anything as bad as his predecessor Clinton Murchison, or HL Hunt or Carroll Rosenbloom, but nothing would surprise me either. As we know from sources like "The Family" on C Street, these people, for religious and/or birthright reasons, believe they only answer to a higher entity...

The Hamiltons In Jesusland - Josh Hamilton - Deadspin
Josh and Katie Hamilton's salvation story is taking place in North Texas, where for many folks Christianity and sports dovetail at an early age. Here, life shuttles continually between the Friday night lights and the Sunday morning pulpits, and the constant Bible-thumping begins to sound a little like the beat of the world's biggest drum...

Just an awful story that happens to involve Josh Hamilton...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_le ... lb-wp11900
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:48 pm

JackRiddler wrote:I do wonder about at least three of the last four games the Jets won. I don't wonder about the games the Eagles are winning.

And now, seven months later, I merely wonder what the hell I was talking about there, since apparently I could recall these games then, but wouldn't have a chance of that today, not even if you put that ole gun to my head.[1] Were the Jets in the playoffs? I mean, I sort of know they were, but who did they lose to? The Colts? Wait, the Steelers, right? And who won the Superbowl? (I actually had to look it up.)

So now I'm thinking the lockout is a really good thing. Just cancel this year, and maybe next year will be interesting!

Notes

1. Oh God: I am Joe Sixpack! Only with footnotes.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby 82_28 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks for bringing it back up, Jack. This is a touch old. But who is on Madden 12's front cover? The guy I would have babies for? Yes, Peyton Hillis. McDaniels decimated my team.

There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:20 pm

And oh man. That's the first I'd seen of the baseball fan's fall. I'd heard about it. Goddamn. I went to two Mariner's games last week. That is not the way to go out. RIP. Man oh man. . .
82_28

Postby Laodicean » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:31 pm

82_28 wrote:Thanks for bringing it back up, Jack. This is a touch old. But who is on Madden 12's front cover? The guy I would have babies for? Yes, Peyton Hillis. McDaniels decimated my team.

The Madden Curse, 82. My eyes instantly go to his left leg - which by the coloring of the artwork, looks like it's exploding (as in serious injury).
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby 82_28 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:52 pm

^^^I had the same feeling as you as far as the artwork. Just didn't want to get to meta about it. . .
82_28

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:00 pm

Laodicean wrote:The Madden Curse, 82. My eyes instantly go to his left leg - which by the coloring of the artwork, looks like it's exploding (as in serious injury).

It's clearly spewing blood and petroleum.

JackRiddler

Postby The Consul » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:31 am

Do they have a game yet where if you get bored of playing it you can shoot the athletes from the stands? It would be a good tie-in for fantasy sports. It could be called Terry Bradshaw's Lone Nut Super Bowl.

Speaking of crazy ideas, after the Supreme Court throwing out California's ruling on banning sales of ultra violent video games for children...is it possible to now develop a Where's Oswald (when you need him) game where the family can huddle around the glowing panel to take practice shots at whoever their ideology condemns? Look, daddy, it's Al Gore. Can I, can I?
After y'all finish yer homework, son. An' be-sides, that aint Gore, that's Kerry an' he kin shoot back by slingin' that shrapnel outta his ass, so be careful.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby norton ash » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:40 pm

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers look good so far. 2-0.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby 82_28 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:40 pm

I just watched my very first Canadian football game tonight. You peeps have weird ass rules! I need to read the wiki on the rules. Your endzone is too big. The uprights are like NFL football used to be in the 1950s, at the top of the endzone (WEIRD!!) and you have TWO fifty yard lines. WTF? Your wide receivers run up to the line of scrimmage and time their routes with the snap. WEIRD!!! I honestly had no idea. Plus, it seems as though the players play much more dirty than here -- a lot of cheap hits I saw tonight in the Edmonton VS Hamilton game. The QBs throw more wobbly passes and there is very little deep play or running game. As a dude who has watched his share of football and paid attention to this game all his life, all I can say is I feel like I've just been burped out of a vortex that leads to a parallel universe that seems the same, but isn't. Like PKD's "Time Out of Joint".
82_28

Postby norton ash » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:57 pm

Hi, 82...

Bigger ball, 3 downs, 110 yard field, more rugby echoes. Yep, it's different...

Tends to be more improvised skirmishes than trench warfare.

Not so much a student of the game like y'all. I'm trying to brush up. I'm reconnecting with my brother in the 'Peg next weekend, don't want him to think I've forgotten our roots.

This wiki is way too long, but comprehensive:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... n_football
Zen horse
norton ash

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion