Mind Kontrol Themes on TeleVision

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Mind Kontrol Themes on TeleVision

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:26 pm

operator kos wrote:
The spinning cage thing immediately reminded me of the Dreamachine of William S. Burroughs, Brion Gysin, and Ian Sommerville.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamachine

The device uses the flicker effect to create brainwave changes in the viewer. I met a guy once who had a helmet which produced similar effects couple with sound frequencies. Never got to see the thing in action, which is probably for the best. He *cough* may also have been a member of the OTO, Temple of Set, and military intelligence.

I built a dreamachine once from heavy paper. Fairly easy, there are patterns all over the internet, except obtaining a 75 RPM turntable can be tough these days. It actually makes a stunning art piece, I made another for ornamentation with colored tissue paper in the slits.

When I tried meditating with it I got some interesting color and pattern effects, but no deep trance. But then again I don't go into trance easily.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Hammer of Los » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:26 am

edited

Last edited by Hammer of Los on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer of Los

Postby Hammer of Los » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:36 am

"Now son, if you wouldn't mind, please plug your sensitive developing young brain into my untested experimental mind machine. We have to have an edge over the commies, after all."

"Sure thing, dad."

Reminds me of B F Skinner.

Hammer of Los

Previous

Return to General Discussion