Mind Kontrol Themes on TeleVision

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:14 pm

Frak! I'm a Cylon!

Now that you mention it, it's getting harder to think of TV shows without mind control themes!
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby LilyPatToo » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:51 pm

You noticed that too? It makes me wonder if perhaps it's preliminary conditioning for the masses before a scheduled limited hangout...?

LilyPat
LilyPatToo

Postby Project Willow » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:20 am

Lily, things have been weird lately, but, maybe it's just me.

On edit, I enjoyed that article on Dollhouse, 'cept the bit where he left out the mind control programs.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:25 am

JackRiddler wrote:......
Now that you mention it, it's getting harder to think of TV shows without mind control themes!

Exactly.

Dilution through multiplicity. Decoys. Strategic culture.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby elfismiles » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:07 am

Did anyone catch last night's episode of LIE TO ME?

It featured a DID / MPD sufferer who witnessed a murder and hypnosis was used to interview the various personalities.

'Lie to Me': Erika Christensen to guest ... we think
By Brill Bundy
|
July 20, 2009 9:48 AM

All weekend long, "Lie to Me" showrunner Shawn Ryan has been teasing the casting of the sophomore series' first major second season guest star via his Twitter account.

It started on Friday with ... "Just cast our big guest role for the first ep of Lie To Me. Our multiple personality disorder victim will be played by the very talented E .."

Ten hours later: "Still figuring out twitter. Apparently last announcement got cut off. Guest actress playing the multiple personality disorder girl is Er.."

Eleven hours after that: "Okay, this is getting frustrating! My messages seem to get cut off right before I can reveal the Lie To Me guest actress name which is Eri .. "

From the initial letter "E" we were guessing Erica, Erin or Erika.

The Twitter from the wee hours of this morning pretty much solidified our best guess: "Table Read of 1st episode of Lie To Me is today. Filming begins on Tuesday. Have I mentioned yet that our big guest star in Ep. 1 is Erik .."

Based on that "k" we're going with Erika Christensen, who a) has a history with FOX having been on "That '70s Show" and, b) recently had her schedule open up with "Parenthood" being pushed to midseason.

What do you think? Is it Erika Christensen? Who else could it be?

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... think.html

'Lie to Me' exclusive: Erika Christensen to juggle four roles
by Michael Ausiello
Categories: Lie to Me, News

I smell a 2010 guest actress Emmy nod in Erika Christensen’s future.

The ex-Six Degrees star has been tapped to play a law student suffering from multiple personality disorder in the season premiere of Fox’s Lie to Me, sources confirm to me exclusively.

Her character, Tricia, comes to Lightman (Tim Roth) for help when she has a psychic vision of a murder. During his investigation, Lightman discovers that Tricia is actually Sophie. And Jessie. And R.J.

Christensen’s schedule opened up after NBC postponed the start date of her new drama, Parenthood, by eight weeks as Maura Tierney undergoes surgery to remove a tumor in her breast.

Lie to Me’s second season kicks off on Sept. 28.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/07/20/ ... lie-to-me/

JANUARY 16, 2009
Multiple Persona Follies

By NANCY DEWOLF SMITH
It is a sign of our television times that a number of the series with premieres this week go way out on a limb in the credibility department. These include Showtime's "United States of Tara" (Sunday, 10-10:30 p.m. ET), a "dramedy" about a housewife afflicted with what used to be called multiple-personality disorder. Over on Fox, meanwhile, we have the only slightly less goofy premise of "Lie to Me" (9-10 p.m. Wednesday), in which a firm of deception-detection experts solves crimes by scrutinizing people's faces and body language.

Showtime
Toni Collette in "United States of Tara"
Yet even the most unlikely story can become a masterpiece if intelligent forces are pulling the strings. HBO's beautifully written returning series "Big Love," about a suburban Utah polygamist and his wives, is a work of rare art: luminous, and often moving beyond all understanding (Sunday 9-10 p.m.).

Meanwhile, on Ovation TV, the most far-fetched idea of all becomes a delicious treat in the miniseries "Lost in Austen," about a contemporary Londoner who is transported into the Bennet household at the beginning of "Pride and Prejudice." Her arrival, and appeal, instantly throw the novel's plot off track, and she struggles to make it come out right. (Noon-4 p.m. Sunday, with a repeat from 4-8 p.m.)

And then we have the fantasy of the grotesque. For those few who may not have yet heard, Showtime's massive promotion blitz for "United States of Tara" -- across dozens of "platforms," to reach some 170 million potential viewers, a press release boasts -- includes putting some episodes on the Web before the series officially begins Sunday, from 10-10:30 p.m. ET. The hype includes incessant name-dropping of Steven Spielberg as an executive producer, and bragging about series writer Cody Diablo, the Oscar-winning author of the "Juno" screenplay.

The main attraction for adults, though, may be the pairing of the talented movie actress Toni Collette with the charming John Corbett, most recently famous on TV as Aidan in "Sex and the City." In this role, his wife, Tara (Miss Collette), drifts in an out of various personalities as her loving husband and children try to deal with a wife and mother who is always in flux.

TV Listings
Find television listings at LocateTV.Sometimes Tara appears as a foul-mouthed, 16-year-old sexpot; not unlike her own daughter, except that only "T," as Tara's teen persona is called, is constantly trying to get it on with daddy. Later we meet the June Cleaver-style perfect-housewife persona, Daisy, and also a male alter, named Buck. There may be more waiting in the wings.

Nothing startling so far, though, in that virtually every multiple-personality drama, from the old "Three Faces of Eve" onward, contains a similar gallery it seems, with, inevitably, a temptress, a goody-goody and a tough cookie. At least one episode of "Law & Order" also revolves around a woman, one of whose multiples is a man.

What is new is the fear Showtime seems to have about being called tasteless, or worse. The network, in its press literature and the interview patter of show personnel, affirms total respect for people who actually have dissociative identity disorder. Nobody's laughing at the illness, the line goes, the comedy here is just meant to shine a light on the human condition.

And the writing? It has plenty of gag lines, one way or another. Tara on what it's like to be her: "Having multiple personalities is like hosting a kegger in your brain...." Or daughter Kate's (Brie Larson) mocking reference to a "Lifetime lady-tampon movie."

Ovation TV
"Lost in Austen"
Perhaps "Tara" will, over time, find something interesting to say. Perhaps it will be about the trauma that presumably led to the split in Tara's personality. Right now, however, what makes the show so painful is the abuse of her children, inflicted by Tara both in and out of split mode, and abetted by her pathologically laid-back husband. Not that child abuse is the theme. On the contrary, the pretense seems to be that the whole family supports Tara's decision to stop taking medicine and get in touch with her inner selves.

Forcing kids to cope is a form of battery, resulting so far in a tragically sexualized daughter and a desperate son. Not funny.

The new Fox crime drama "Lie to Me" will make its first appearance Wednesday from 9-10 p.m., right after "American Idol." Who could ask for a better lead-in? I would have tuned in anyway, because the series stars the great, yet so far underappreciated, British movie actor Tim Roth. ("Little Odessa" is a mind blower. Similarly, no one who has seen it will ever forget him romancing Julia Ormond on the floor of a restroom stall in "Captives.")

On TV now, he's Washington, D.C., consultant Cal Lightman, helping authorities solve crimes and suss out liars by reading their facial gestures and demeanor cues. As science, this is a slim reed indeed, but it can make stories go around. This week, Cal and his crew -- including a business partner played by Kelli Williams in semi-sex-kitten mode -- solve one murder in seconds; save a sexually repressed boy with expressive irises from false charges; and interrogate a politico with an apparent call-girl problem.

Printed in The Wall Street Journal, page W9C
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123205702828787255.html

Lie to Me Photos from "The Core of It"
Posted on September 23rd, 2009 2:00 PM by M.L. House
Show: Lie to Me, Tags: Spoilers, Episode Stills

The new season of Lie to Me premieres on Monday night.

Star Tim Roth says the show will focus more on character arcs this year than on weekly investigations. It will explore, for example, Lightman's relationship with his ex-wife.

On the season premiere, a woman with multiple personalities enlists The Lightman Group to investigate a murder case. Click on the photos below for a closer look at various scenes from the episode:

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2009/09/lie-to ... ore-of-it/

elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby LilyPatToo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:42 pm

I actually went to the Dollhouse Wiki forum and registered, just to see if I could get the "Dollheads" there to really think about what it meant to be a Doll and to give them a very abbreviated, simplified glimpse of mind control program history. Major waste of my time :?

Tara totally turned me off with its unfortunate creative decision to play DID/MPD for bizarre (as in "freak show") humor. Ugh. I watched the first one, then cancelled my TiVo Season Pass for it. Even with the show's high-power production/writing team, they managed to gloss over a tragic and complex issue and bring it down to the level of a sitcom. Which I would think pretty much precludes any realistic looks at how Tara got to be the way she is.

We don't watch Lie To Me, so I most unfortunately missed that episode with the multiple character, dammit :( Maybe I can catch it online or in re-runs--thanks for the heads-up, elfsmiles.

And I think you're right, Hugh, about the "dilution" aspect of all the mind control content in TV lately. Did anyone else here watch His Own Worst Enemy? IMHO, there's also a strong sci-fi spin being put onto the subject. Ultra-futuristic technology is a big focus in many of these shows. So if anyone reports mind control program involvement, it may sound like high-tech fantasy to the average TV watcher. While I've met younger survivors who really have been subjected to VR technology (helmets, especially), the memories I have (so far) are of the use of hypnosis and electro shock, rather than mechanical tech.

LilyPat
LilyPatToo

not on topic exactly

Postby sw » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:42 pm

Movie with Denzel Washington De Ju Vu. Not about mind control but about a secret Govt project called Snow White where they do time travel to solve crimes.

Not a mind control movie that we are talking about here in this thread, but this was in the ballpark of the genre of some of the MKULTRA programs.

When I took the test for Wanda Karriker's RA survey, I was surprised at some of the questions like, have you ever been involved in time travel ops?

My parts had a big interest in this area, talked about it like it was real. I had a deep interest in the subject too along with books like a Wrinkle in Time. The kid parts babbled about a lot of stuff so I didn't know it was another "area." ....until I read the quiz.

I remember a really young part questioning my therapist about what types of things would have drawn her to a person when she was around five years old. He planned on going back in time and trying to meet her and be friends with her. It was all so matter of fact. I thought he had a good imagination until I saw some movies and it was triggering.

when I was in some class in school, the teacher called on me and asked me what books I liked. I was not ready to be questioned and before I could formulate an answer, my mouth said, Bourne Identity. I like political adventure. That was in the 9th grade. I'm glad she did not ask follow up questions because that part went away leaving me sitting there and my answer was going to be I read Judy Blume books.

I quit watching sniper movies because they'd trigger me so bad, I'd end up in the hospital. But that was a long, long time ago.
sw

Postby LilyPatToo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:00 pm

Thanks for that reminder about the program reference in Deja Vu, sw. I really liked that movie (though the critics were savage!) but had forgotten about that part.

I very rarely bring up my (former) unusual ability to "slip in time" forward a few minutes, then return with verifiable information. On a board like this one, it's sure to result in derisive accusations of WOO, which is unfortunate. So, to avoid further prejudicing people against believing in my other more rational-sounding evidence, I leave it out of most of my posts about my early life.

But it was very real and I believe the psychic component is key to understanding the earlier programs. Once I did it in front of a witness who then observed the events I'd just described play out in front of us. Unfortunately, he apparently was a handler and after completing his written notes on the incident, leaned across the table and instructed me that it would be the last time I would be able to move in time. And since he apparently had me under hypnosis at the time, that's exactly what happened--in my mid- to late-20's, I lost an ability I'd had since I was a pre-schooler.

I'm convinced that this was one of the things that the program(s?) were exploring back in the 1950's through at least the 70's. And probably longer.

LilyPat
LilyPatToo

time travel

Postby sw » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:37 pm

The earth is not flat and neither is time...eh?!

Hard to capture but I don't remember traveling in time as much as the parts just knew that it could be done. It was not like a feat or something...just knowing more by absence of veils of ignorance. Energy, vibrations, communication by thought, it was not that it was special....it just was and they knew that. Dimensions, matter, atoms....they knew that. Did not know the words for it, but knew it. Don't know how.

This part was confused why I didn't know this like I was the strange one. And, they were very upset with religious fights I came across. Disgust like. Religion was a total waste of time as practiced by most they saw.

I did not have discussions with these certain parts about these subjects....it was more like having blips of understanding wash over me. Space was like Charles Wallace (if that was his name from the Wrinkle in Time books.) It was like being around him all the time. Since I was co conscious, his thought were shared and I have them too and they were not my thoughts. Spock would have called it a mind melt or something but peaceful and not so dramatic. Was it mind melt or mind meld?

I bet we all have a part of us like Space inside of us. Those with the Space consciousness aware, probably pick up on way more than those who have that aspect buried beneath trash from within.

Plus, he was pissed that some books that were "true" were in the fiction or "non true" section which really made him mad.
sw

Postby Stephen Morgan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:17 am

We learned some interesting things about Ms Winters in the course of her debriefing and dissect-- that is, examination
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Re: not on topic exactly

Postby elfismiles » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:50 am

sw wrote:Movie with Denzel Washington De Ju Vu. Not about mind control but about a secret Govt project called Snow White where they do time travel to solve crimes.

Not a mind control movie that we are talking about here in this thread, but this was in the ballpark of the genre of some of the MKULTRA programs.

When I took the test for Wanda Karriker's RA survey, I was surprised at some of the questions like, have you ever been involved in time travel ops?

My parts had a big interest in this area, talked about it like it was real. I had a deep interest in the subject too along with books like a Wrinkle in Time. The kid parts babbled about a lot of stuff so I didn't know it was another "area." ....until I read the quiz.

I remember a really young part questioning my therapist about what types of things would have drawn her to a person when she was around five years old. He planned on going back in time and trying to meet her and be friends with her. It was all so matter of fact. I thought he had a good imagination until I saw some movies and it was triggering.

Thanks for reminding me of that Deja Vu movie. I really liked that.

LilyPatToo wrote:Thanks for that reminder about the program reference in Deja Vu, sw. I really liked that movie (though the critics were savage!) but had forgotten about that part.

Is there actually a part in the movie that you both are referring to that has mk connotations? I don't recall that.
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:50 am

Stephen Morgan wrote:Image

We learned some interesting things about Ms Winters in the course of her debriefing and dissect-- that is, examination

Definitely a lot of MK in B5.
elfismiles

Re: Mind Kontrol Themes on TeleVision

Postby elfismiles » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:13 pm

BUMPITY

Was thinking of starting a new thread exclusively on MK / parapolitical / paranormal themes in FRINGE.

Last night's episode featured a Nazi committing gene-based bio-warfare. His name was Hoffman.

I didn't realize the season had restarted. I had been caught up but last night's episode was #14 in Season 2 so now it seems I have eps 11-12-13 to watch asap before the Winter Season Finale.

14: The Bishop Revival
---

Music: "Piano Quartet No. 1, Op.25 in G Major: III. Andante Con Moto-Animato" and "Piano Quartet No. 1, Op.25 in G Minor: II. Intermezzo: Allegro M Non Troppo-Trio: Animato" both composed by Brahms and performed by Arthur Rubinstein and Guarneri Quartet

---

When a specific group of guests at a wedding in Brookline, MA, suffocate from the inside out, the upsetting and disconcerting crime scene has the Fringe team investigating how the toxin was delivered and targeted. As evidence is taken into the lab, it's discovered that the wedding ceremony was a testing ground for a weaponized science experiment.

Adding to the intense lab investigation, Walter uncovers an alarming formula that reveals a link to a branch on the Bishop family tree. With the escalating threat of more deadly attacks and unexpected familial ties to the case, the Fringe team stops at nothing to prevent further catastrophic events.

http://www.fox.com/fringe/recaps/s2_e14.htm
elfismiles

Postby sw » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:28 pm

Hey Elfsmiles....I just read your question from back in Oct on this thread.

No, the movie did not have any mind control themes as far as I know.

Time Travel to do things like this is what made me think of Theta stuff from MKULTRA. My parts used to be focused or maybe a better word is aware as if it were real on things like time travel. I did not know time travel was even a common MK topic until I took the Wanda Karriker survey and realized I had more MC bits in my life that I did not realize were from MC. I just thought those traits or interests were me. It's kind of like being strange where I did not fit in or seem like any other kid I knew. Than, I read books and find people very similar to myself. It can make me feel like vomiting or make me happy. I wanted to find a part of me untouched by the programs and abuse. I used to pretend that I hid myself way down in my foot so that if someone killed me or stabbed me, they would not get me because I was really hidden in my foot. I had not realized others did that until I saw from some of pw's art that she must have gone "into her foot" as well to hide.

I have never traveled in time. But, the some of the very young parts talked about it as in astral travel. Space talked about it just like he talked about what color socks I wore. It was not anything special to him. It just was.

I did find it weird that Snow White was the name of the machine. And, I do find it weird that Denzel Washington seems to be in so many MC theme movies.

I'm trying to get an Avatar for myself and I'd like to use the print I took from a Sulamith Wulfing book. It is EXACTLY what Space looked like. The four year old Theta part that had light like an aura all around him. Space was my most fascinating part. He's the one who talked about monks, India, Jesus, time travel, astral travel, God being so easy, pumpkin knives, Christmas and Valentines holidays. If someone would extract pure wonder, love and God and pull it out of a human just like on "The Dark Crystal" that drop of pure love would look like Space. He was like Charles Wallace from the kids books.

He also dreamed differently than I dreamed.
sw

Postby Blue » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:34 pm

I did find it weird that Snow White was the name of the machine. And, I do find it weird that Denzel Washington seems to be in so many MC theme movies.

Hi sw. I just found this thread after posting a picture of Denzel's gigantic home in the Lifestyles of the filthy rich thread earlier tonight.

Do you think he's a victim of some government program? I'm just curious because if we go down this path about actors in certain movies being connected to secret government programs we'll have an awfully long list of players/victims.

I understand you have a lot more knowledge about these things than I do so forgive my ignorance. I thought Snow White was originally a story by the Grimms Brothers (19th century) and ever since it has been re-written and sampled and contrived for thousands of literary, artistic and commercial purposes. It's a common universally understood name. But maybe I missed the deeper meaning in the movie. Which I thought was eh, not so great.
Blue

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion