Scientists create AIDS (yeah, wtf guaranteed)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Scientists create AIDS (yeah, wtf guaranteed)

Postby Penguin » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:02 pm

http://uk.reuters.com/article/scienceNe ... 03?sp=true

Scientists have created a strain of the human AIDS virus able to infect and multiply in monkeys in a step toward testing future vaccines in monkeys before trying them in people, according to a new study.

This strain of HIV, the human immunodeficiency virus, was developed by altering a single gene in the human version to allow it to infect a type of monkey called a pig-tailed macaque, the researchers said on Monday.

The genetically engineered virus, once injected into this monkey, proliferates almost as much as it does in people, but the animal ultimately suppresses it and the virus does not make it sick, they said.

The strain is called simian-tropic HIV-1, or stHIV-1.

Researchers hope to be able to test possible new AIDS drugs and vaccines in monkeys before trying them in people.

There is a “cousin” virus to HIV called SIV, or simian immunodeficiency virus, that causes a disease similar to AIDS in certain types of monkeys.

But this monkey AIDS virus is not identical to the one that infects people and is not a perfect substitute for testing drugs and vaccines against HIV.

“If our research is taken further, we hope that one day perhaps in the not-too-distant future, we’ll be able to make vaccines that are intended for use in humans and the very same product will be able to be tested in animals before human trials,” Paul Bieniasz of the Rockefeller University in New York, one of the researchers, said in a telephone interview.

Scientists have struggled to create an AIDS vaccine.

“If you make a drug that’s effective against HIV, sometimes it works against SIV and sometimes it doesn’t. So that basically devalues SIV as an animal model for doing experiments involved with developing drugs,” Bieniasz said.

“Now if you want to develop a vaccine, essentially what you have to do is to make a parallel vaccine for HIV and for SIV. You can test the SIV vaccine in animals and then have to make the leap of faith that the same approach would work equivalently in humans.”

Writing in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, the scientists said in making the genetically engineered virus they removed the HIV version of a gene, known as vif, and inserted the SIV version. This gene acts to thwart proteins made by the monkey that that kill viruses.

Bieniasz said the scientists may need to make additional changes in the stHIV-1 to make it better for testing vaccines.

The genetically engineered virus infects the monkeys and during the early course of infection is a reasonably good mimic of what happens in HIV-infected people, Bieniasz said.

But after initially spreading in the monkey’s body, the animal succeeds in suppressing the virus — not completely clearing the virus but driving it to very low levels.

“The slight problem is the monkeys don’t go on to develop AIDS, they don’t get sick,” Bieniasz said.

And links to earlier Cryptogon coverage:
http://cryptogon.com/?p=7296
1. The AIDS conspiracy (If this is new to you, prepare to lose many hours.)
http://www.whale.to/aids.html

and

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... ogoncom-20
Dr. Mary's Monkey: How the Unsolved Murder of a Doctor, a Secret Laboratory in New Orleans and Cancer-Causing Monkey Viruses are Linked to Lee Harvey Oswald, ... Assassination and Emerging Global Epidemics (Paperback)

Product Description
The 1964 murder of a nationally known cancer researcher sets the stage for this gripping exposé of medical professionals enmeshed in covert government operations over the course of three decades. Following a trail of police records, FBI files, cancer statistics, and medical journals, this revealing book presents evidence of a web of medical secret-keeping that began with the handling of evidence in the JFK assassination and continued apace, sweeping doctors into coverups of cancer outbreaks, contaminated polio vaccine, the arrival of the AIDS virus, and biological weapon research using infected monkeys.

FWIW. Definitely.
Last edited by Penguin on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penguin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Penguin » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:04 pm

The things they call science.
And get away with it.
(comment referring only to the suits and the monkeys, not the content, the content is definitely for what its worth category as far as Im concerned - I know next to nothing about the books author et cetera, calling all bullshit detectors and so on)
Penguin

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:14 pm

But the reverse of this was SURELY never done.
stickdog99

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:31 pm

From Ruppert's most recent blogpost (make of it what you will):

Michael Ruppert wrote:REALLY BAD FUCKING NEWS -- There is one story that really stuck out today. It seems that someone at Baxter Pharmaceuticals "accidentally" mixed H5N1 bird flu with a human virus into one vaccine and sent it off to Eastern Europe where it was injected into humans. For those who have been with me a long time you know what kind of investigative journalism we did on biowarfare and how it would be used to reduce population eventually. You know how well we documented the relentless quest for gene-specific bioweapons. Well, the only thing that was saving us from H5N1 bird flu was that it was generally considered not transmittable to humans. (Of course we known that it already has been on a small scale.) But here's a pharmaceutical company that we have written about at FTW (I think also in Rubicon) that's accomplished what nature couldn't. This story has zero credibility for how the screw up occurred because even the most basic lab protocols would prevent it. Combine DNA from H5N1 with a human viral DNA, inject into a human, and then watch the perfect mutation take place... The mother of all superbugs. I don't have time to rewrite what I have already written. In fact none of us have time to slow down for those who don't get it or who slow us down. (Combat veterans know this attitude very well.) Go to Rubicon and go to FTW and search for biowarfare or Baxter.

For about seven years now I have warned that an event like this would confirm that the die-off was planned... and underway. This sounds like a starting bell. Combine what we know about events in eastern Europe and this makes very sick sense. I don't think the elites will be able to control this anymore than they can fully control the collapse; or than Warren Buffet could control getting his clock cleaned... But then again, Buffet may be screaming louder than he's actually hurt.

OFFICIALS INVESTIGATE HOW BIRD FLU VIRUSES WERE SENT TO UNSUSPECTING LABS

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadi ... eayzTuzsEA

http://mikeruppert.blogspot.com/2009/03 ... -east.html
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:55 pm

MacCruiskeen wrote:From Ruppert's most recent blogpost (make of it what you will):

Michael Ruppert wrote:REALLY BAD FUCKING NEWS -- There is one story that really stuck out today. It seems that someone at Baxter Pharmaceuticals "accidentally" mixed H5N1 bird flu with a human virus into one vaccine and sent it off to Eastern Europe where it was injected into humans. For those who have been with me a long time you know what kind of investigative journalism we did on biowarfare and how it would be used to reduce population eventually. You know how well we documented the relentless quest for gene-specific bioweapons. Well, the only thing that was saving us from H5N1 bird flu was that it was generally considered not transmittable to humans. (Of course we known that it already has been on a small scale.) But here's a pharmaceutical company that we have written about at FTW (I think also in Rubicon) that's accomplished what nature couldn't. This story has zero credibility for how the screw up occurred because even the most basic lab protocols would prevent it. Combine DNA from H5N1 with a human viral DNA, inject into a human, and then watch the perfect mutation take place... The mother of all superbugs. I don't have time to rewrite what I have already written. In fact none of us have time to slow down for those who don't get it or who slow us down. (Combat veterans know this attitude very well.) Go to Rubicon and go to FTW and search for biowarfare or Baxter.

For about seven years now I have warned that an event like this would confirm that the die-off was planned... and underway. This sounds like a starting bell. Combine what we know about events in eastern Europe and this makes very sick sense. I don't think the elites will be able to control this anymore than they can fully control the collapse; or than Warren Buffet could control getting his clock cleaned... But then again, Buffet may be screaming louder than he's actually hurt.

OFFICIALS INVESTIGATE HOW BIRD FLU VIRUSES WERE SENT TO UNSUSPECTING LABS

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadi ... eayzTuzsEA

http://mikeruppert.blogspot.com/2009/03 ... -east.html

It appears as if nature's mutations (which are undirected and typically do not result in parasites that kill their victims) wasn't working "fast enough" for the folks at Baxter International.

Here's the thing. There is no reason to believe that H5N1 will suddenly become highly contagious via human to human transmission without a "helping hand." So why have all the "experts" been scaring the shit out of everyone about this unless to prime us for their coming "helping hand"?
stickdog99

Postby Penguin » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:11 pm

We got a letter asking us to participate in what I gather was Baxter birdlfu vaccine in EU human tests..
I threw it in the trash.

How many dead microbiologists was it now, last check?

And:
http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/10/05/news/flu.php

Two teams of federal and university scientists announced Wednesday that they have resurrected the 1918 influenza virus, the cause of one of history's most deadly epidemics, and have found that, unlike the viruses that caused more recent flu pandemics of 1957 and 1968, it was actually a bird flu that jumped directly to humans.

The work, being published in the journals Nature and Science, involved getting the complete genetic sequence of the 1918 virus, using techniques of molecular biology to synthesize it, and then using it to infect mice and human lung cells in a specially equipped secure lab at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.

It reveals, the scientists say, a small number of genetic changes that may explain why this virus was so lethal. It also confirms the legitimacy of worries about the bird flu viruses that are emerging in Asia.
Last edited by Penguin on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penguin

Postby StarmanSkye » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:11 pm

Since the 'official' cause of Aids is a simian virus that mutated and crossed-over into humans, how come they can't just retrace this process in-reverse? OK, I guess the easy answer is that the Siman precurser doesn't express itself as Aids.

I sure sus some more sinister origin of Aids, such as contaminated smallpox vaccine, or the use of kidney-cells from the one African monkey species for culture medium that was prone to transmit a virulent viral strain which humans were vulnerable to. Deliberate and coordinated cover-up of criminal negligence is hard to tell apart from deliberate bioengineering a contagious disease -- it sure gets murky. On purpose?

I wouldn't put ANYTHING past some special interest collectives, esp. associated with the Security State or financial elites or illegitimate & corrupt or tyranical Gov's or the MIC or NWO thugs.

I guess I'm just an irrational paranoid.
aka Optimistic Fatalist.

And re: FWIW -- Word-uP!

-S
Biowarfare freaks me out bigtime.
StarmanSkye

Postby Penguin » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:14 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic

The disease was first observed at Fort Riley, Kansas, United States, on March 4, 1918,[8] and Queens, New York, on March 11, 1918. In August 1918, a more virulent strain appeared simultaneously in Brest, France, in Freetown, Sierra Leone, and in the U.S. at Boston, Massachusetts. The Allies of World War I came to call it the Spanish flu, primarily because the pandemic received greater press attention after it moved from France to Spain in November 1918. Spain was not involved in the war and had not imposed wartime censorship.[9]

Scientists have used tissue samples from frozen victims to reproduce the virus for study. Given the strain's extreme virulence there has been controversy regarding the wisdom of such research. Among the conclusions of this research is that the virus kills via a cytokine storm, which explains its unusually severe nature and the unusual age profile of its victims (the virus caused an overreaction of the body's immune system—the strong immune systems of young adults ravaged the body, while the weaker immune systems of children and middle-aged adults caused fewer deaths).
Penguin

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Penguin wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic

The disease was first observed at Fort Riley, Kansas, United States, on March 4, 1918,[8] and Queens, New York, on March 11, 1918. In August 1918, a more virulent strain appeared simultaneously in Brest, France, in Freetown, Sierra Leone, and in the U.S. at Boston, Massachusetts. The Allies of World War I came to call it the Spanish flu, primarily because the pandemic received greater press attention after it moved from France to Spain in November 1918. Spain was not involved in the war and had not imposed wartime censorship.[9]

Scientists have used tissue samples from frozen victims to reproduce the virus for study. Given the strain's extreme virulence there has been controversy regarding the wisdom of such research. Among the conclusions of this research is that the virus kills via a cytokine storm, which explains its unusually severe nature and the unusual age profile of its victims (the virus caused an overreaction of the body's immune system—the strong immune systems of young adults ravaged the body, while the weaker immune systems of children and middle-aged adults caused fewer deaths).

This is clearly disinfo. Exactly how much disinfo is hard to determine, but anybody who believes that this is first time scientists have tried to isolate and test the 1918 killer virus needs to get his or her gullibility gland checked. Military scientists have been culturing and testing this virus for decades.
stickdog99

Postby Penguin » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:27 pm

I posted that just to show how even thou that was called Spanish flu, it actually was first spotted (so they say) in a US army base, nonetheless..

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... A9629C8B63

A Russian scientist at a former Soviet biological weapons laboratory in Siberia has died after accidentally sticking herself with a needle laced with ebola, the deadly virus for which there is no vaccine or treatment, the lab's parent Russian center announced over the weekend.

Scientists and officials said the accident had raised concerns about safety and secrecy at the State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology, known as Vector, which in Soviet times specialized in turning deadly viruses into biological weapons. Vector has been a leading recipient of aid in an American program to help former Soviet scientists and labs convert to peaceful research.

Although the accident occurred May 5, Vector did not report it to the World Health Organization until last week. Scientists said that although Vector had isolated the scientist to contain any potential spread of the disease and there was no requirement that accidents involving ebola be reported, the delay meant that scientists at the health agency could not provide prompt advice on treatment that might have saved her life.

Makes you wonder what kinda stuff goes on at those not-former sites?
Penguin

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:30 pm

I quoted the wrong piece, Penguin.

I meant to say that the IHT article was clearly disinfo, not your last post.
stickdog99

Postby Penguin » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:31 pm

Yeah, you got a point there...
Penguin

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Penguin wrote:
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... A9629C8B63

Vector has been a leading recipient of aid in an American program to help former Soviet scientists and labs convert to peaceful research.

How surprising.
stickdog99

Postby Mx32 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:03 pm

Must have been about 15 years ago now, I was sat in front of the TV and BBC news had a short segment: AIDS. Footage of monkeys in a cage, promising discovery. Possible vaccine.

I guess they'll be showing similar stuff in the year 3009.
Mx32

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:55 pm

Australian scientists have found a way to boost the power of conventional flu vaccines, raising the hope they could also prove effective against bird flu.

Researchers at the University of Melbourne found that by adding an immunity-related compound to conventional vaccines, it could encourage the body to produce and keep high levels of "killer T-Cells" in the blood.

"These are the 'hit-men' of the immune system," said Associate Professor Stephen Turner of the university's Department of Microbiology and Immunology.

"They can recognise cells that are infected with the virus and get rid of them, and the components they recognise are shared between all influenza viruses - that's the key."

Conventional influenza vaccines are poor at inducing T-Cell production.

Instead they work by generating unique antibodies that attach themselves to virus cells, neutralising them.

This means that every winter, as the flu virus mutates, new vaccines must be made with updated antibodies.

Dr Turner said a flu vaccine that causes the body to produce T-Cells would be more effective in more cases, and would reduce the need for annual vaccine updates.

The use of these boosted flu vaccines across the population could also provide a vital first-line defence against any outbreak of a new virulent influenza virus, such as bird flu.

"It provides a much more broad protection against all strains of the flu, including pandemic flu," Dr Turner said.

"What we thought we could do is vaccinate against bird flu by vaccinating for this T-Cell immunity."

There have been 409 cases of bird flu in humans globally since 2003, leading to 256 deaths, according to latest World Health Organisation (WHO) figures.

Currently it is transmitted solely from infected birds to humans. But there's concern the virus will mutate to allow easy human-to-human transmission.

"The longer that the virus persists there's an increased chance it will acquire the capacity to transmit from human to human, and that's when we'll have a pandemic emerge," Dr Turner said.

The research is expected to be translated into improved influenza vaccines within five years.

The work was undertaken in partnership with the WHO Centre for Influenza Surveillance and Research, and Dr Turner's findings are published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

http://mywestnet.com.au/news/article.aspx?article=11327

A vaccine that boosts T Cell production would almost be a medicine in itself wouldn't it.

BTW AIDS Targets T Cells in its growth and reproduction, thats why it is so damaging to the immune system, and why things like the flu or a cold can be fatal to AIDS patients. Tho I assume everyone already knew this. (BTW my understanding of how AIDS works is based on early 1990s immunology so it may be out of date by now.)
Joe Hillshoist

Next

Return to General Discussion