Slain U.S. Nazi Millionaire Had Parts for Dirty Bomb.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:40 am

chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby compared2what? » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:15 pm

No, and also thank you for the leads and links!

The most detailed press report on JC Sr's shooting that I found was:

Fort Bragg businessman gunned down by disgruntled employee

AP.state (07-31) 21:07:57

FORT BRAGG, Calif. (AP) -- A slain businessman's part-time employer has admitted to his boss' murder, authorities said.

Williams Vargas, 45, of Fort Bragg was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of murdering prominent entrepreneur Jim Cummings Sr., a major landowner on the Mendocino Coast, police said.

Cummings was gunned down early Wednesday by Vargas, who panicked after detonating a homemade bomb outside his boss's home, said Lt. Tony Craver of the Mendocino County Sheriff's Department.

Vargas, disgruntled with his employer, had packed his car to move down to Santa Cruz, Craver said. But Vargas decided to first set off what he called a ``firecracker'' outside Cummings' home on North Harbor Drive that morning, he added.

Plans went afoul when a nearby resident blocked Vargas' escape.

Cummings, 77, walked out with a gun to investigate the blast which shattered a house window, only to be shot by a panicked Vargas, Craver said.

Emergency crews took him to the hospital, where he died, authorities said.

Vargas was living in Cummings' Noyo Harbor trailer park in exchange for part-time labor. But he blamed his employer for problems he was having with other park residents, authorities said.

Vargas has admitted to the murder, Craver said.

Divers were searching Noyo Harbor on Wednesday for the murder weapon.

Cummings built his fortune by running restaurants, motels, a fish-processing plant and many other businesses. His holdings also included the Depot Mall shopping center and the site of a recently-built McDonald's restaurant.

``Jim was quite an entrepreneur. He had quite a lot of land holdings, in some key areas, really, in the harbor and other areas around,'' former City Manager Gary Milliman said.

Cummings also had a connection to an unusual and unrelated criminal case -- his son recently used a video camera to secretly tape his mother's alleged drug use. Last month, authorities dropped charges after discovering that a substance seized from the woman's apartment was not was not black-tar heroin, as was suspected.

Which suggests that he was a self-made man, fwiw, although I doubt the AP stringer covering the Fort Bragg beat put a whole lot of thought into the issue. In any event, the hypothesis doesn't rise or fall on the question of whether his business deals were backed by inherited wealth. It would just be one of the flavors of interesting I've got a special sweet tooth for if it were. No matter what the answer is, I'd still really, really want to know with whom he did business, and especially from whom he got whatever capital and/or credit he needed to get his many ventures off the ground.

Because objectively speaking, he might have had any number of reasons for investing in numerous small businesses that would theoretically have been very advantageously structured had someone wanted to use them as money laundromats. But none of them are very interesting if there's no sign that anyone did. Which makes that "if," kind of essential, obviously.

And...You have to scroll past a lot of unrelated reports of workplace violence to get to it, but link to orginal here.
compared2what?

Postby wintler2 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:06 am

from alex jones' prisonplanet, only google took me there. curious unrevealing posts by 'burlguy', whose story on JC Snrs death conflicts with AP story above. Lotsa colour, no real info as far as i can see, par for that course. Is Burlguy real, or might it be a smother attempt on the story?

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=91917.0
Re: American Nazi slain by wife/FBI finds nuke dirty bomb parts and depleted uranium
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 10:19:22 PM »

I grew up with this guy..... I am still close friends with Amber and her parents and cousins. I lived with them for a while back when I was 16-17.
Did some private work for JC, Jim Cummins. His dad was shot by a friends friend. The whole family were greedy bastards and used every opportunity to steal from the poor. JC put on a good show but was really not a friend to anyone. He liked to brag how he made 10,000 a minute in the stock market when he was 10. His father was in to real estate and owned much of the harbor here in Fort Bragg.

His father(Jim Cummings Sr) injured himself one day on one of his docks getting off a forklift, broke his knee.... A couple days later he went to me friends house who was renting to the employees of Jim Cummings Sr. Jim got out of his truck walked around a building fell down on the ground and started screaming. He said he tripped in a hole that was in the weeds. He sued my friends for their property and won it all... He threw the whole family out on the street. Well I have had some pretty rough friends, Jim screwed with the wrong people as he got shot by my friends friend from 200 yards away by a Dragunov ak-47 variant through his plate glass window while in his living room.

I talked to Amber's mom on a regular basis and I cant reveal to much but she is facing murder charges now..... JC got pissed at the Government and losing so much on the stock market and wanted to be a patriot... But being a spoiled bastard he had know knowledge of the truth.... He was a fat bastard Angry

It is an inside Job Grin No really the fat lazy bastard tried to hire someone I know to break into two Jewelry stores, trash his store so he could collect the insurance money. I plead the 5th..... This guys dad died and his trust was left in charge of Bob Peterson a local lawyer who has bought off and payed off everyone. He is my family's lawyer, and I got to hear that he stole 28 Million from the trust. JC has a sister who is addicted to drugs last time I was at her house. This fat bastard kid had the keys to the castle a beautiful wife and daughter and blew it.

I hope not I dont want to go anywhere out of town Cool He told her he was going to blow them up together and poison the capitol. She was in the kitchen and heard him clanging around with something and he had told her he was going to bury her in the backyard if she said anything. She went and got a colt .45 out of the bedroom walked in and shot him in the temple she helped him to the floor and felt horrible and then He opened his eyes like he was okay. She freaked out and dropped him and ran. He thought he was super human and told her he was so she thought he was going to bounce off the floor and grab her. So she went back downstairs and went to the kitchen were their daughter was and started worrying about him getting up and killing them, so she went back upstairs and put one between his eyes....... Done deal, fat bastard Gone.... He payed his way out of every confrontation....
wintler2

Bump.

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:43 am

This story has been niggling me, in the back of my mind for some reason, after reading it here. I read the stories, and searched around a bit. I wish I could say I'd found something relevatory, or at least worth posting about, but not really.

But I just want to agree it feels damn weird.

Bump.
§ê¢rꆧ

Postby wintler2 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:54 am

Bump.

Watching interview of Chief of Belfast Police here,Mr was very clear about State police taking over the investigation from day after shooting, and their CST(?) team taking a long time.
The CNN clip following on same link includes unsubtle steering by Rick Sanchez towards 'lone wolf' thinking, a handy list of incriminating things to stockpile and a (2nd) expert who cites Tim McVeigh & Olympics bomber as examples of how dangerous these lone wolves are. Propaganda war aside, its striking how much deeper and more nuanced are the comment threads on the local Bangor Daily News pages.

Then from recent court report in Fort Bragg Advocate
Kathryn R. Cummings, alleged felony methamphetamine and concentrated cannabis for sale and driving on a suspended license, will be further arraigned on March 24.
reportedly the sister of deceased Cummings.
wintler2

Postby compared2what? » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:29 pm

wintler, thanks for keeping it alive. I haven't had time to stay on it, but do plan to get back to it. FWIW, burlguy has an equal but opposite number posting anti-Amber information of a highly colorful and totally uncheckable nature under the name "California Girl" over at the comments section of the Mendocino Beacon[url], as well as a nice assortment of mostly anti-Jim-Cummings anonymous loose talk from the commenters at the Bangor Daily News both [url=http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/95073.html]here and here, for starters.

Personally, I find that the real pay-off in such material, if genuine, lies in its provision of otherwise unknowable search terms -- for example, burlguy used a nickname ("JC"), and although it didn't pay dividends right away, who knows when it might? I just....well. I already said. And will now just have to repeat myself like the doofus that I am, I guess: I haven't had enough time to give any to further poking around on this one.

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who has.
compared2what?

Postby wintler2 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:29 am

Interesting op-ed from Wikileaks editor Julian Assange on this case and the lack of coverage by media..

.. Why hasn't the story been picked up by the national press?

Perhaps the media has simply tired of "dirty bombs"? Not at all! There have been at least 1,264 media references to "dirty bomb" in the past month. A mere 23, or 1.8%, relate to the Cummings case--despite it being the only real plot among them.[3]

Of the 23 Cummings references 21 are local Maine media and two are from security industry magazines. The same time period saw 409 blog references, Some 76, or 19%, relate to the Cummings case--ten times the ratio of organized media.[4]

However, 78 out of 79 bloggers simply copied text from Maine's paper of record, the Bangor Daily News (BDN) which followed up the Wikileaks document with a strong traditional press investigation. The 79th also wondered about the media silence outside of Maine.

Conservatives apparently didn't want to draw attention to a radioactive, wealthy version of Timothy McVeigh coming from their own sphere, although nearly every day during Bush's reign saw "dirty bombs" hyped as the ultimate threat.

The left didn't want to repeat another "dirty bomb" story, the likes of which Republicans had used to drive hundreds of billions of dollars into Republican dominated military and security contractors.

Those same contractors normally would have comprised a lobby to get the story out--and counter-terrorism dollars in--but their message lines were finely honed to hype threats posed by militant Islam and radical anti-capitalist greens. ..
wintler2

Previous

Return to General Discussion