Hartmann and Waldron beatdown

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Hartmann and Waldron beatdown

Postby streeb » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:15 pm

Jim DiEugenio demolishes Hartmann and Waldron's new book Legacy of Secrecy in this review, but the real drama is at the end.

I think the critique of the book itself is rock solid.

Link

Let me conclude with one last point. One which I actually was not going to bring up at all. But I have to. Because, near the end, the authors bring it up themselves. Some of the supporters of Ultimate Sacrifice, like Mark Crispin Miller, have said that I accused Waldron of being some kind of agent in my review of that book. I did not. If you read the review carefully, I was talking about Gus Russo in that regard. And I have analyzed the Russo issue at length in my essay "Who is Gus Russo?" But the authors go out of their way to address this charge by saying that they "want to make it clear that they have never worked for the CIA." (p. 768) This may be technically true. But it is not the whole story. And we know this from the proverbial Horse's Mouth. A few years ago, Hartmann was giving a talk in Lancaster, Pennsylvania about one of his many other books. Two JFK researchers were in attendance, Jerry Policoff and Steve Jones. They were both taken aback by one of his early statements. He admitted quite openly to having past ties to both the CIA and corporate America. The question then becomes: If he was open about that then, why is he being disingenuous about it now? To give Legacy of Secrecy the credibility it does not have on its own? Another question: Does Waldron know about this? Or is he just along for the ride?
streeb

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hartmann and Waldron beatdown

Postby Truth4Youth » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:44 pm

streeb wrote:Jim DiEugenio demolishes Hartmann and Waldron's new book Legacy of Secrecy in this review, but the real drama is at the end.

I think the critique of the book itself is rock solid.

Link

Let me conclude with one last point. One which I actually was not going to bring up at all. But I have to. Because, near the end, the authors bring it up themselves. Some of the supporters of Ultimate Sacrifice, like Mark Crispin Miller, have said that I accused Waldron of being some kind of agent in my review of that book. I did not. If you read the review carefully, I was talking about Gus Russo in that regard. And I have analyzed the Russo issue at length in my essay "Who is Gus Russo?" But the authors go out of their way to address this charge by saying that they "want to make it clear that they have never worked for the CIA." (p. 768) This may be technically true. But it is not the whole story. And we know this from the proverbial Horse's Mouth. A few years ago, Hartmann was giving a talk in Lancaster, Pennsylvania about one of his many other books. Two JFK researchers were in attendance, Jerry Policoff and Steve Jones. They were both taken aback by one of his early statements. He admitted quite openly to having past ties to both the CIA and corporate America. The question then becomes: If he was open about that then, why is he being disingenuous about it now? To give Legacy of Secrecy the credibility it does not have on its own? Another question: Does Waldron know about this? Or is he just along for the ride?

I need the exact quote of what Hartmann said, and more than just the word of two JFK researchers who could have an axe to grind.

I happen to like Hartmann, so maybe I'm in denial.
Truth4Youth

Postby MinM » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:21 pm

Hartmann and Waldron have interesting backgrounds:
Perelandra wrote:I heard this interview the other day on Thom Hartmann's show about a new book out titled: "Family of Secrets". (I'm aware of Hugh's ideas about Hartmann).
http://airamerica.com/content/thom-hartmann-family-secrets
I'm not sure what to make of this. Hartmann seemed uncomfortable with the implied connection of Bush Sr. to JFK's death...

Thom Hartmann
Hartmann founded International Wholesale Travel and its retail subsidiary Sprayberry Travel in Atlanta in 1983, a business which in the intervening years has generated over a quarter of a billion dollars in revenue. He sold his share in the business in 1986 and retired with his family to Germany to work with the international relief organization Salem International[7]. In the late 1970s, he had been a trainer in advertising and marketing for The American Marketing Centers (now defunct), and in 1987 after returning from Germany founded the Atlanta advertising agency Chandler, MacDonald, Stout, Schneiderman & Poe, Inc., which did business as The Newsletter Factory[8]. In that capacity he did consulting work and training for over 400 of the Fortune 500 companies as well as the NSA, CIA, and other government agencies;[citation needed] he sold his interest in that company in 1996 and retired to Vermont. In the early 1970s, he co-founded The Woodley Herber Company, which sold herbal products, potpourris and teas, and closed operations in 1978 when he moved to New Hampshire to begin The New England Salem Children's Village[9], which still operates in Rumney, New Hampshire. He was Executive Director of NESCT for five years, and on its board for over 25 years. NESCT's child-care model was based on that of the German Salem International organization, and through his affiliation with that group he helped start international relief programs in Uganda, Colombia, Russia, Israel, India, Australia, and several other countries between 1979 and today...

Trained in the 1970s in Neuro-Linguistic Programming by Richard Bandler (Hartmann is licensed by Bandler's Society of NLP as both an NLP Practitioner and an NLP Trainer, and Bandler wrote the foreword to his book "Healing ADD"), Hartmann popularized some of its concepts in Cracking the Code (2007), which argues that Newt Gingrich and Frank Luntz made use of them in the 1980s and 1990s for Republican Party causes and advocates using them to advance liberalism. His book "Healing ADD" also leans heavily on NLP techniques. His book on the JFK Assassination (written with Lamar Waldron) titled "Ultimate Sacrifice" is cited extensively in the last two chapters of Gore Vidal's recent autobiography as having "finally solved" that case...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thom_Hartmann
RI - Eleventh Hour (new series)

RI - 1/2/08 10:40PST Thom Hartmann lying JKF-MLK

DU | Who's the asshat on Hartmann's show right now?

RI - NLP: Don't Worry, Get Therapy(?)

RI - All in "The Family"
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:44 am

Hartmann is so obviously a CIA asset.
His two assassination books are right out of Langley, just like Bugliosi's.

He also has a mystical New Age book from 1995 noticably absent from his wikipedia bibliography, 'The Prophet's Way.'
Total psyops, perhaps to infiltrate the pagan/Buddhist/mystic demographic of the Left.

I heard him speak a coupla years ago at a conference. I had to leave in disgust with a friend who was fuming out loud over Hartmann's lying swill.
He hadn't realized what the man's agenda was and I had to calm him down.
"You didn't know he's a silver-tongued alphabet gatekeeper?"

The event's Q&A was closed up by a 'friend' of Hartmann's in the audience who soft-balled the intro to his bs closer, totally staged.

If media people are highly-visible-to-mainstream, chances are good that they are mil-intel or have been neutered 'safe.'
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Waldron on Coast2Coast 17July2012

Postby MinM » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:02 am

Earth-704509
MinM

Return to General Discussion