Hunter S. Thompson up to some weird shit?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Hunter S. Thompson up to some weird shit?

Postby km artlu » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:16 pm

Good work Jasun. Thanks for posting a link here. The interview had an unguarded and open flow which I enjoyed.
km artlu

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby guruilla » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:47 pm

Thanks; more guarded than most of my talks, since Cox is more of an insider than I am used to.
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Postby Spiro C. Thiery » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:04 pm

guruilla » Yesterday, 04:47 wrote:Thanks; more guarded than most of my talks, since Cox is more of an insider than I am used to.

I always liked his films, writing and videos and what-have-you and believe you accomplished a very relaxed yet engaging interview. Interestingly, your mention of his relative insider status demonstrates just how deeply stratified we as a society are and just how many levels of protection the elitest of the elite can attain.
Seeing the world through rose-colored latex.
Spiro C. Thiery

Postby guruilla » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:46 pm

Spiro C. Thiery » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:04 pm wrote:
guruilla » Yesterday, 04:47 wrote:Thanks; more guarded than most of my talks, since Cox is more of an insider than I am used to.

I always liked his films, writing and videos and what-have-you and believe you accomplished a very relaxed yet engaging interview. Interestingly, your mention of his relative insider status demonstrates just how deeply stratified we as a society are and just how many levels of protection the elitest of the elite can attain.

I feel like I've always been acutely aware of this, but never as much as while doing this podcast, trying to get a gauge of who's accessible (i.e., not an insider) and who's both out of reach and undesirable as a guest (aligned with the power).

When I see something like Barack Obama doing a podcast with Mark Maron, at that point the whole context of WTF changes and everyone who's ever been on the show seems suspect to me, never mind Maron. On the other hand, no doubt Obama does something like that to make it appear that there's no stratification, a man of the people. (I did invite Maron onto the podcast despite that, coz you never know and I liked how he was talking with Brett Eaton Ellis; he didn't respond though, so now I know!).
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Postby Spiro C. Thiery » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:43 pm

guruilla » 30 Nov 2015, 21:46 wrote:When I see something like Barack Obama doing a podcast with Mark Maron, at that point the whole context of WTF changes and everyone who's ever been on the show seems suspect to me, never mind Maron.

Wasn't aware Maron had done that. Disappointing, but not a surprise, I don't guess.
Seeing the world through rose-colored latex.
Spiro C. Thiery

Previous

Return to General Discussion