Wired on Georgia Guidestones

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby psynapz » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:41 pm

R.C. Airplane = Remote Control Airplane

R.C. Christian = ???

They can all be controlled from a mountain in rural Georgia, it seems.

The graffiti artist succeeded in thrusting a powerful and subversive countermeme into any future media coverage of the monumentstrosity.
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby geogeo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:05 pm

OP ED wrote:
Why repeat the last admonishment?

because its fucking important.

touched a nerve? is this a poem we should live by, then?
as below so above
geogeo

Postby SonicG » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:30 pm

psynapz wrote:R.C. Airplane = Remote Control Airplane

R.C. Christian = ???

They can all be controlled from a mountain in rural Georgia, it seems.

The graffiti artist succeeded in thrusting a powerful and subversive countermeme into any future media coverage of the monumentstrosity.

"Rosy Cross" would be my bet...It is a bunch of half-baked homilies: If the world is united by a single language why would there still be separate nations? Better yet, post-apox with only 500 mil., how or why the heck would nations spring up again?
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby freemason9 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:30 pm

geogeo wrote:
Penguin wrote:
OP ED wrote:

And also the thing we have most screwed at the present.

Yeah, I got that. What I'm saying is that it breaks the pattern. It's not a poem, after all, it's a list of commandments. The repetition is an anomaly.

I disagree

i say

it's a poem

thus the emotional rage
The real issue is that there is extremely low likelihood that the speculations of the untrained, on a topic almost pathologically riddled by dynamic considerations and feedback effects, will offer anything new.
freemason9

Postby OP ED » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:01 am

psynapz wrote:

and a bunch of racist nonsense as well. thanks.

geogeo wrote:
OP ED wrote:

touched a nerve? is this a poem we should live by, then?

a nerve? maybe. although perhaps you overestimate how important your opinion is to me.

yes. more or less. although i doubt i'd have phrased most of them this way. also not "we". probably too late for that now. i highly doubt our civilization possesses the "nerve" to change its ways to anything resembling sustainability. "we" will continue to rush headlong into oblivion and desolation. "we" will continue to flood this world with asphalt, nuclear waste and mindless consumer spawn [our "reproductive right"] until there is no room left for change and no time even if change was what we wanted, and it isn't.

fortunately, whatever replaces our culture need not make the same mistakes.
OP ED

Postby OP ED » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:13 am

SonicG wrote:
If the world is united by a single language why would there still be separate nations?

i rather saw it as a suggestion, that is, an attempt to solve this problem.

Better yet, post-apox with only 500 mil., how or why the heck would nations spring up again?

because there were nations last time there were "only" 500 million people worldwide?

[lots of them actually]
Last edited by OP ED on Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
OP ED

Postby psynapz » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:40 am

OP ED wrote:
psynapz wrote:

and a bunch of racist nonsense as well. thanks.

NWO = racist nonsense?
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby OP ED » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:22 am

perhaps you should reread the article.

Obama iz a Muslim
OP ED

Postby SonicG » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:14 am

OP ED wrote:
SonicG wrote:
If the world is united by a single language why would there still be separate nations?

i rather saw it as a suggestion, that is, an attempt to solve this problem.

Better yet, post-apox with only 500 mil., how or why the heck would nations spring up again?

because there were nations last time there were "only" 500 million people worldwide?

[lots of them actually]

Good points but I still don't see this as being that representative of RC ideas. (I had only read half the article when I guessed the RC bit.) There's too much silliness and the whole population control meme is something I totally disagree with. It is actually in our power as the dominant species to use nature to create peace and harmony, right now with the population as it is. I'm sure you know the occult maxim, "Nature unaided always fails." I bet that would piss people off a hell of lot more than the platitudes already there...Or the words of Aristotle: "Freedom is obedience to self-formulated rules."
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:01 pm

So who owns the land?

JackRiddler

Postby freemason9 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:34 pm

JackRiddler wrote:.

So who owns the land?

Ownership is an imaginary concept.
The real issue is that there is extremely low likelihood that the speculations of the untrained, on a topic almost pathologically riddled by dynamic considerations and feedback effects, will offer anything new.
freemason9

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:31 pm

freemason9 wrote:

So who owns the land?

Very cute. As you no doubt realize, my question is not philosophical. In the eyes of the law the property on which this monument stands is owned by a person or a legal entity with officers (persons). Ownership is a prerequisite for placing the monument on that land, which has boundaries marked out by surveyors and is presumably on file with Georgia or county authorities. If there are no such records, then who can say anyone owns it? There are , I expect, property tax payments. In all the blah-blah about the significance of how some rich guy put up some stones with his messages and some Christian cultists think it's really dreadful and important, I haven't seen anyone ask this simple question (maybe I missed it?). Not the Wired reporter, which doesn't make for much of a reporter, and not the fake Christian apocalypse asshole stunt-maker Mark Dice.
JackRiddler

Postby sunny » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:51 pm

JackRiddler wrote:
freemason9 wrote:

So who owns the land?

Very cute. As you no doubt realize, my question is not philosophical. In the eyes of the law the property on which this monument stands is owned by a person or a legal entity with officers (persons). Ownership is a prerequisite for placing the monument on that land, which has boundaries marked out by surveyors and is presumably on file with Georgia or county authorities. If there are no such records, then who can say anyone owns it? There are , I expect, property tax payments. In all the blah-blah about the significance of how some rich guy put up some stones with his messages and some Christian cultists think it's really dreadful and important, I haven't seen anyone ask this simple question (maybe I missed it?). Not the Wired reporter, which doesn't make for much of a reporter, and not the fake Christian apocalypse asshole stunt-maker Mark Dice.

Right. It seems the most obvious question to me, duh. I imagine the answer would be quite, quite interesting which is probably why the reporter didn't ask. :wink:
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Stephen Morgan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:54 pm

Having read both of the above arfticles, it was donated to the local government with RC and company believing civic pride would preserve it for the future. Grazing rights to the land are retained by the original, pre-monument, owner.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby 2012 Countdown » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:24 pm

Stephen Morgan wrote:Having read both of the above arfticles, it was donated to the local government with RC and company believing civic pride would preserve it for the future. Grazing rights to the land are retained by the original, pre-monument, owner.

Ownership
The ownership of the site is unclear. According to the Georgia Mountain Travel Association's detailed history: "The Georgia Guidestones are located on the farm of Mildred and Wayne Mullenix on Georgia State Highway 77, 7.2 miles North of Elberton Georgia, 1.3 miles South of Hart-Elbert County Line, 7.8 miles South of Hartwell Georgia."[2] On the other hand, the Elbert County land registration system shows what appears to be the Guidestones as County land purchased on October 1, 1979.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Gu ... ite_note-6

===================

ELBERT COUNTY, GEORGIA CHOSEN
Martin persuaded the mystery man that Elbert County was the ideal location for the memorial; and he agreed, provided a suitable location could be found. He returned later and he and Martin inspected sites. "Mr. Christian", who now called himself "R. C. Christian", chose a five-acre plot on the farm of contractor Wayne Mullenix. It is the highest point in Elbert County. A few weeks later , Martin contacted Joe Findley and told him that funds for the project were in an escrow account and to start work immediately. Martin promised that when the project was completed, he would deliver his file on the affair to the anonymous sponsors and that the secret would never be known.

He said "Christian" told him that the sponsors had planned the monument for years and that the ten "guides" for the conservation of mankind and the earth were carefully worded as a moralistic appeal to all peoples of nationality, religion, or politics.

The guides are brief maxims espousing population control and other conservation messages in eight languages. The guides are inscribed in eight different languages on four huge stones set in a paddlewheel arrangement with the center stone carved and drilled so that the sun will mark the time of day and the seasons. The guides, which were accompanied by ten explanatory precepts in the specifications, are: "Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature; Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity; Unite humanity with a living new language; Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason; Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts; Let all nations rule internally, resolving external disputes in a world court; Avoid petty laws and useless officials; Balance personal rights with social duties; Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite; and , Be not a cancer on the earth - leave room for nature - leave room for nature."

If you perform a little research on the BROTHERHOOD OF THE ROSY CROSS and the ROSICRUCIAN ORDER of today, you will see why the mysterious gentleman in the preceding story called himself "R. C. Christian." The selection of "Pyramid Blue Granite" will also start to make a lot of sense. The headquarters for the Rosicrucians in the USA is San Jose, California. Call them up and order some of their literature. If you look up their order in an encyclopedia of freemasonry, you can get a feel for their belief system.

The following technical information was taken from a descriptive pamphlet from the Elberton Museum. Here are the facts:

Overall Height
19 feet, 3 inches

Amount of Granite
951 cubic feet

Weight (Grand Total)
237,746 pounds or about 119 tons

Four Upright Stones
6 feet, 6 inches wide - 16 feet, 4 inches high - 1 foot, 7 inches thick - About 42,437 pounds each, or 169,750 pounds total

One Center Stone The Gnomen Stone
1 foot , 7 inches thick - 20,957 pounds

One Cap Stone
6 feet, 6 inches wide - 9 feet, 8 inches long - 1 foot, 7 inches thick - 24,832 pounds

Four Support Stones Bases
7 feet, 4 inches long, - 2 feet, 0 inches long - 1 foot, 4 inches thick - About 4,875 pounds each, or 19,500 pounds total

One Support Stone Base
4 feet, 2 1/2 inches long - 2 feet, 2 inches wide - 1 foot, 7 inches thick - 2,707 pounds

Lettering Over 4,000 sandblasted characters, each about 4 inches high.

The four large upright blocks pointing outward are oriented to the limits of the migration of the moon during the course of the year.

An eye-level, oblique hole is drilled from the South to the North side of the center, Gnomen stone, so that the North Star is always visible, symbolizing constancy and orientation with the forces of nature.

A slot is cut in the middle of the Gnomen stone to form a window which aligns with the positions of the rising sun at the Summer and Winter Solstices and at the Equinox, so that the noon sun shines to indicate noon on a curved line.

The cap stone includes a calendar of sorts, where sunlight beams through a 7/8 inch hole at noon, and shines on the South face of the center stone. As the sun makes its travel cycle, the spot beamed through the hole can tell the day of the year at noon each day.

Allowances are made because of variations between standard time and sun time to set the beam of sunlight at an equation of time.

The site was chosen because it commands a view to the East and to the West and is within the range of the Summer and Winter sunrises and sunsets. The stones are oriented in those directions.

http://www.georgiamountains.org/index.p ... &Itemid=28
2012 Countdown

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion