Naked Wizard Tased By Reality

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby brainpanhandler » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:58 am

If the onomatopoetically named Di Zazzo has his way the Quadri-ufo will be coming to a rock festival near you. Then our peace officers can disable targets in complete safety and security. What could be better?

"...Di Zazzo's French company is also developing a mini-flying saucer like drone which could also fire Taser stun rounds on criminal suspects or rioting crowds. He expects it to be launched next year and to be sold internationally by Taser."

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5i_q ... cis4BRjxuw
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby wintler2 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:17 am

..Di Zazzo's French company is also developing a mini-flying saucer like drone which could also fire Taser stun rounds on criminal suspects or rioting crowds. ..
How will it avoid the cop provocateurs prominent at most protest 'riots'? i wonder if an umbrella would stop the drones darts, enabling one to then jerk the monstrousity out of the sky via its wires.

I also wonder how many in the crowd watching the naked tripper get assaulted actually thought it was wrong but didn't know what to do about it. A few hours training or some inspired solidarity and they could have rescued the Wiz from the Fuzz, as i've seen done half a dozen times at demo's and gigs.
wintler2

Postby marmot » Sun May 10, 2009 9:43 pm

Last edited by marmot on Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marmot

Postby chiggerbit » Sun May 10, 2009 11:13 pm

Too bad all the keepers are married.
chiggerbit

i never left

Postby OP ED » Sun May 10, 2009 11:24 pm

OP ED wrote:
Cosmic Cowbell wrote:
OP ED wrote:no, he's old. he made a big point of the fact that he has kids and pays taxes in one of the other threads.

Ah yes, the one whereby you implied my kids should be taken away and/or I should kill myself. I remember it well OP-ED.

:clapping:

indeed. and it wasn't an implication, i made a flat statement. Although i allowed that this fate is reserved for only those who feel that a specific venue and/or set of venues is/are appropriate places for children. I did not make this statement with any intention of ever retracting it.

my reasoning is quite simple, but i can explain it again slowly.

from wiki page for coachella.

wikipedia wrote:Friday, April 17
The Aggrolites, The Airborne Toxic Event, A Place To Bury Strangers, Alberta Cross, Bajofondo, Beirut, The Black Keys, Buraka Som Sistema, Cage the Elephant, Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band, Craze & Klever, Crystal Castles, Dear and the Headlights, El Gran Silencio, Felix da Housecat, Franz Ferdinand, Genghis Tron, Ghostland Observatory, Girl Talk, Gui Boratto, Leonard Cohen, Los Campesinos!, M. Ward, Molotov, Morrissey, N.A.S.A., Noah and the Whale, Patton & Rahzel, Paul McCartney, Peanut Butter Wolf, People Under the Stairs, Ryan Bingham, Silversun Pickups, Steve Aoki, Switch, The Bug, The Courteeners, The Crystal Method (Live), The Hold Steady, The Knux, The Presets, The Ting Tings, We Are Scientists, White Lies

Craze & Klever were set to perform in the Sahara tent but never made it to the festival due to airline problems. They have stated they will instead come back for the 2010 edition of the festival.

[edit] Saturday, April 18
Amanda Palmer, Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, Atmosphere, Band Of Horses, Billy Talent, Blitzen Trapper, Bob Mould Band, Booker T, Calexico, The Chemical Brothers (DJ Set), Cloud Cult, Crookers, DJ AM, Dr. Dog, Drive-By Truckers, Drop The Lime, Electric Touch, Fleet Foxes, Flying Lotus, Gang Gang Dance, Glass Candy, Glasvegas *, Henry Rollins, Ida Maria, James Morrison, Jenny Lewis, Joss Stone, The Killers, Liars, Mastodon, M.I.A., Michael Franti & Spearhead, MSTRKRFT, Paolo Nutini, Para One (Live), P.O.S., Superchunk, Surkin, The Bloody Beetroots, Thenewno2, Thievery Corporation, Tinariwen, Travis Barker, Turbonegro, TV on the Radio, Zane Lowe, Zizek Club

Glasvegas cancelled due to band illness. Amy Winehouse (expected to have been a sub-headliner) cancelled months in advance due to problems obtaining a visa, and was replaced with M.I.A. .

[edit] Sunday, April 19
Antony and the Johnsons, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Christopher Lawrence, Clipse *, Devendra Banhart, Etienne De Crecy, Friendly Fires, Fucked Up, Gaslight Anthem, Groove Armada (DJ Set), Junior Boys, K'naan, Late of the Pier, Lupe Fiasco, Lykke Li, M.A.N.D.Y., Marshall Barnes, Mexican Institute of Sound, Murder City Devils, My Bloody Valentine, No Age, The Orb, Okkervil River, Paul Weller, Perry Farrell, Peter Bjorn and John, Plump DJs, Public Enemy, Roni Size, Sebastien Tellier, Shepard Fairey, Supermayer, The Cure, The Horrors, The Kills, The Night Marchers, Themselves, Throbbing Gristle, Vivian Girls, X, Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Clipse cancelled

now i admit i do not know all these bands.

however, if you would be willing to point out which of these bands you consider to be all-ages-appropriate....

i will try to point out two for each of them wherein one must be 17 to buy the band's CDs.

Come to Coachella the fun family festival this year featuring bands such as: Public Enemy, The Airborne Toxic Event, Okkervil River, The Crystal Method, Fucked Up and many more!
OP ED

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Mon May 11, 2009 12:37 am

First a little background...

I am not ignorant to rock shows and all that go down at them. I've worked about 600-700 of them, from local clubs to stadium shows. I've also been involved and seen what happens when they go bad, specifically an Iggy Pop show back in the NW mid-eighties. A bad time was had by all lets just say and it ended, at least on stage with him taking a swing at me as I tried to hustle him to his dressing room before he got hurt by flying shit, being one of only two security guys at the entire show. Neil Hubbard was the other guy. Pandemonium, Injuries, Lawsuits, the whole bit. We made up at a Buddy Foley party the next night (but he was still fucked up) I have seen it all. I'ved worked it all...shared a pizza and some beers with the Ramones, drove the Chili Peppers around for a day, loaned Bon Jovi $500 (assholes didn't even give up a t-shirt), and several hundred more stories. Music was my life during that decade.

Now with that said, I'd probably have taken my kids on Friday to see Paul McCartney (yes kids, he was a Beatle) and Morrissey fer sure . Probably would have caught Franz Ferdinand as well. I would have personally liked to see Leonard Cohen but the Kids maybe not so much. Then we would have roamed until we saw something we liked, maybe the Ting Tings (touring w/ Pink, who they both love)...

Saturday- The Killers...both my girls know most of the songs off Day & Age. We like it very much. Fleet Foxes (From our hometown). Again, poke around a bit. Weak line-up that day...

Sunday - The Cure (who I worked for during their Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me tour stop in the NW), Paul Weller (would have been awesome if he did some Jam stuff), Shepard Fairy (my kids desktop is Fairey style with her own images). And then roam in between.

All kinds of stuff for all kinds of people. As far as the inappropriate for their age stuff, we would have simply moved along. These are full days for kids and with stops for eats in between, a great time and bonding experience...except for that incident with the asshat. No girls, I don't know what that button is...:roll:

Did you have a point Mr. Ed?
"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." ~ A.N. Whitehead
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby OP ED » Mon May 11, 2009 1:57 am

only a small point.

and i made it pages ago. all of this stuff has been a mere digression. whether or not his nudity is justifiable is not the question so much as whether or not tasering naked people is.
OP ED

Postby barracuda » Mon May 11, 2009 2:18 am

Whoa - Dionysus is hung like a fucking Wizard.

Tase the bitch, before his enlightened state infects others. And zap me too, while yer at it. I wanna get all yelpin' and ssssssssshivery on the ground with the big "D".
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Mon May 11, 2009 8:50 am

OP ED wrote:only a small point.

Here's my only slightly larger point. Now that I've that you've had your snotty little nose rubbed in your snotty little comment, maybe you'll watch your snotty little mouth next time.

~C
"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." ~ A.N. Whitehead
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby OP ED » Mon May 11, 2009 10:43 pm

you're delusional.

i still haven't retracted my statement.

indeed, most everytime you speak i become more certain of it.
OP ED

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Mon May 11, 2009 11:22 pm

Cosmic Cowbell

Postby lightningBugout » Mon May 11, 2009 11:28 pm

Wasn't it you who posted yesterday about how much OE hurt your feelings and (incredibly) suggesting that the mods apply a firmer hand to "disrespectful" comments?
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

Postby wintler2 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:48 pm

That was yesterdays spin. Now cowbell is in paternal mode, we're all meant to tremble and obey the masters voice.
wintler2

Postby Penguin » Mon May 11, 2009 11:57 pm

Hee hee.
Being naked is no reason to wear clothes.

Being shivering freezing cold is.
Last edited by Penguin on Tue May 12, 2009 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penguin

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Tue May 12, 2009 12:02 am

lightningBugout wrote:Wasn't it you who posted yesterday about how much OE hurt your feelings and (incredibly) suggesting that the mods apply a firmer hand to "disrespectful" comments?

What I wrote was "language of disrespect". I also included mention of the members as well when mentioning a firmer hand. If your equivocating the advocating the removal of kids from their parents, suggesting they kill themselves, false accusations of racism, "fuck off and die", "your delusional" and so on with "snot nosed", you just go right on ahead LBO.

If stalking me with this kind of shit is your thing here now, there's not much I can do about I suppose. However, our interaction at RI has now come to an end.

As for your comment Wintler, not "all", just Mr. Ed. You can carry on being an trolling asshat all you want....

:uncertain:
Cosmic Cowbell

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion