I Have a DreamWorks

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby barracuda » Thu May 21, 2009 12:47 am

I just hope they don't leave out the whole talking fox part.

Image
"Chaos reigns."
Last edited by barracuda on Thu May 21, 2009 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
User avatar
barracuda
 
Posts: 12889
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:58 pm
Location: Niles, California
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby foistlastus » Thu May 21, 2009 1:42 am

Wonder if they will include his plagiarism efforts ?
google mike king plagiarism, see where that goes
King's history and true behavior are kept secret so any movie is whitewash

http://www.conspiracypenpal.com/columns/mlk2.htm
http://www.kevinalfredstrom.com/2008/10/beast-as-saint/


read
Tennessee Waltz: The Making of a Political Prisoner
by F. Tupper Saussy, James E. Ray

to see that side of the story
User avatar
foistlastus
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:08 pm
Location: Iowa
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby RocketMan » Thu May 21, 2009 8:29 am

There's definitely no other interesting aspects of MLK's life and legacy other than the "parapolitical" ones. All those boring speeches and sit-ins-- who cares about that shit!? Wake me up when they blow his brains out! You're just a conspiracy theory, Dr. King. Anything other than that is missing the point entirely- am I right?


I don't know why I even bother responding to such obvious trolls. I'm not saying Spielberg won't be able to come up with a fairly engaging, even uplifting biopic of MLK. I'm just saying that it will probably be centered on the safe "I have a dream" aspects (note that I'm not putting down his civil rights activism) of his life, just like the Official America does to this day. And his civil rights work does constitute the bulk of his public life. But without his turning towards criticism of capitalism, savage attacks on American (and indeed Western) imperialism and the Vietnam war ie. what got him killed, any look at MLK's life is bound to be a sterile civics-lesson (even including his marital indiscretions) and thus finally diminish the true legacy of MLK.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
User avatar
RocketMan
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:02 am
Location: By the rivers dark
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Fresno_Layshaft » Thu May 21, 2009 8:33 am

RocketMan wrote:
There's definitely no other interesting aspects of MLK's life and legacy other than the "parapolitical" ones. All those boring speeches and sit-ins-- who cares about that shit!? Wake me up when they blow his brains out! You're just a conspiracy theory, Dr. King. Anything other than that is missing the point entirely- am I right?


I don't know why I even bother responding to such obvious trolls. I'm not saying Spielberg won't be able to come up with a fairly engaging, even uplifting biopic of MLK. I'm just saying that it will probably be centered on the safe "I have a dream" aspects (note that I'm not putting down his civil rights activism) of his life, just like the Official America does to this day. And his civil rights work does constitute the bulk of his public life. But without his turning towards criticism of capitalism, savage attacks on American (and indeed Western) imperialism and the Vietnam war ie. what got him killed, any look at MLK's life is bound to be a sterile civics-lesson (even including his marital indiscretions) and thus finally diminish the true legacy of MLK.




What bothers me is the 'this movie won't focus on the small area of his life I'm interested in- so its going to be a piece of crap" attitude people take with movies around here and the besmirching of talented artists.
User avatar
Fresno_Layshaft
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby RocketMan » Thu May 21, 2009 8:36 am

the besmirching of talented artists


What, there's a pantheon of "talented artists" we're not supposed to "besmirch"? Count me out of that shit.

foistlastus, you do realize you're linking to virulently anti-Semitic (or perhaps anti-Jew is a better word, seeing as "Semitic" includes also other groupings) sites?
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
User avatar
RocketMan
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:02 am
Location: By the rivers dark
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu May 21, 2009 12:26 pm

Both Spielberg and Lucas are USG and do military recruiting.
Recruiting of blacks plummeted after 2000.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8147705/
http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,131238,00.html

Lucas is making a film called 'Red Tails' about the Tuskegee Airmen (black WWII pilots) but not one about the Tuskegee Experiments (blacks denied medical care).

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,501725,00.html
Image

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25214452/
Image

So Steven CIA Spielberg is very likely, if he gets the chance, to make MLK into a noble American success story drafting in the wake of Obama.
(two puns intended)

The NAACP and Jesse Jackson both recruit for the Pentagon which is portrayed as a jobs program and a chance to be Jackie Robinson all in one.

They encourage blacks to climb into the middle class by killing foreigners living on top of oil and thus earn their place at the American table.
Such is the price of admission living under a racist military government.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
...
Disney is CIA for kidz!
User avatar
Hugh Manatee Wins
 
Posts: 9869
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:51 pm
Location: in context
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu May 21, 2009 12:56 pm

I bet the title will be "Martin". (Probably not with an exclamation mark, unless it's a musical.)

I bet Obama will make an appearance at the end (as Jesus to MLK's John the Baptist). In fact, he'll probably make framing appearances, at the very beginning (as an unidentified small boy, looking pensive) and at the very end (as the full and final realization of Martin's Dream).

I bet John Williams is already busy composing some lush and uplifting music, especially for the Obama sequences, and most especially for the real footage of his inauguration ceremony.

I bet Martin will have many dramatic, amusing and touching scenes with his wife.

I bet we'll hear carefully-selected bits of his very last speech, but certainly not these passages:

A true revolution of values will soon cause us to question the fairness and justice of many of our past and present policies. On the one hand, we are called to play the Good Samaritan on life's roadside, but that will be only an initial act. One day we must come to see that the whole Jericho Road must be transformed so that men and women will not be constantly beaten and robbed as they make their journey on life's highway. True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar. It comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring.

A true revolution of values will soon look uneasily on the glaring contrast of poverty and wealth. With righteous indignation, it will look across the seas and see individual capitalists of the West investing huge sums of money in Asia, Africa, and South America, only to take the profits out with no concern for the social betterment of the countries, and say, "This is not just." It will look at our alliance with the landed gentry of South America and say, "This is not just." The Western arrogance of feeling that it has everything to teach others and nothing to learn from them is not just.

A true revolution of values will lay hand on the world order and say of war, "This way of settling differences is not just." This business of burning human beings with napalm, of filling our nation's homes with orphans and widows, of injecting poisonous drugs of hate into the veins of peoples normally humane, of sending men home from dark and bloody battlefields physically handicapped and psychologically deranged, cannot be reconciled with wisdom, justice, and love. A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.


These are revolutionary times. All over the globe men are revolting against old systems of exploitation and oppression, and out of the wounds of a frail world, new systems of justice and equality are being born. The shirtless and barefoot people of the land are rising up as never before. The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light. We in the West must support these revolutions.

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeche ... ilence.htm


I bet Spielberg will be praised for lending no weight to Conspiracy Theories.

I bet it'll win ten Oscars, including for Best Score.
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Thu May 21, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." (Max Liebermann, Berlin, 1933)

26 March 2020: US Space Force NatSec Rocket Launch

https://mobile.twitter.com/OffGuardian0

https://mobile.twitter.com/RedKahina
User avatar
MacCruiskeen
 
Posts: 9876
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby streeb » Thu May 21, 2009 1:17 pm

I bet Spielberg will be praised for lending no weight to Conspiracy Theories.


It'll climax before his death and a title card will then note that there are questions or ambiguities around his assassination -- but the idea will be damned with faint attention. Critics will actually applaud the filmmaker's daring, others like Michael Medved will cluck, and nothing will change, least of all the general perception of what happened in Memphis. "Pride (In the Name of Love)" will play over the end credits.
User avatar
streeb
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: Zona, BC
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu May 21, 2009 1:32 pm

Who'll bag the lead role? Tom Hanks?

"How do you feel about playing a controversial Negro?"
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." (Max Liebermann, Berlin, 1933)

26 March 2020: US Space Force NatSec Rocket Launch

https://mobile.twitter.com/OffGuardian0

https://mobile.twitter.com/RedKahina
User avatar
MacCruiskeen
 
Posts: 9876
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

"I Believe The Children Are Our Future..."

Postby IanEye » Thu May 21, 2009 1:45 pm

Image
User avatar
IanEye
 
Posts: 4856
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Fresno_Layshaft » Thu May 21, 2009 6:26 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Both Spielberg and Lucas are USG and do military recruiting.
Recruiting of blacks plummeted after 2000.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8147705/
http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,131238,00.html

Lucas is making a film called 'Red Tails' about the Tuskegee Airmen (black WWII pilots) but not one about the Tuskegee Experiments (blacks denied medical care).

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,501725,00.html
Image

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25214452/
Image

So Steven CIA Spielberg is very likely, if he gets the chance, to make MLK into a noble American success story drafting in the wake of Obama.
(two puns intended)

The NAACP and Jesse Jackson both recruit for the Pentagon which is portrayed as a jobs program and a chance to be Jackie Robinson all in one.

They encourage blacks to climb into the middle class by killing foreigners living on top of oil and thus earn their place at the American table.
Such is the price of admission living under a racist military government.


That was vintage HMW. Lots of libellous allegations backed up by nothing, with a little soft racism to boot... spectacular.

You really think Spielberg and George Lucas have a lot of pull in the black community? You really think some army a-hole is sitting there in the Pentagon going, "Christ, there aren't enough blacks in the army- get me that Stars Wars guy, you know the old white guy with the beard- the blacks just love that guy". Do you think that happened?

Have you read the script for RED TAILS? Do you know for a fact that it doesn't address any of the issues and is just a propaganda piece? I'm guessing you haven't and you're just talking out of your ass.

You have a great feel for the plight of the "blacks", Hugh. Imagine, CIA Spielberg trying to make this MLK guy look like a noble success story!

...

How come so many filmmakers have the nerve to make stories that don't include "conspiracy theories"? Don't they know when you make a film about someone who was murdered, and choose to focus on their life, rather than their murder, it reveals that they're CIA stooges???
User avatar
Fresno_Layshaft
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Hammer of Los » Thu May 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Fresno, your trolling is tedious, and demonstrates you have no understanding of the issues here. Please stop it.

Oh, and Hugh, MinM and JackRiddler, you are all fantastic and lovely. Please don't stop posting.

Yeah, and er, what you all said, too.

:D
Hammer of Los
 
Posts: 3309
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Fresno_Layshaft » Thu May 21, 2009 6:35 pm

Hammer of Los wrote:Fresno, your trolling is tedious, and demonstrates you have no understanding of the issues here. Please stop it.

Oh, and Hugh, MinM and JackRiddler, you are all fantastic and lovely. Please don't stop posting.

Yeah, and er, what you all said, too.

:D


Oh yes, I don't understand Hugh's brilliant nuanced "analysis", so its just "trolling" to hold him accountable for posting garbage that makes no sense.

Do you really think Steven Spielberg works for the CIA? Yes or No?
User avatar
Fresno_Layshaft
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby kelley » Thu May 21, 2009 6:55 pm

8bitagent wrote:
What did everyone think of Steven Spielberg's Munich?




possibly the best wardrobe of any film ever, with the exception of bertolucci's '1900'. :lol:
kelley
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:49 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby streeb » Thu May 21, 2009 9:27 pm

Do you really think Steven Spielberg works for the CIA? Yes or No?


I don't, but I agree with Jack Riddler's line that Spielberg and Lucas are "effectively the official ideologists and mythmakers of this society". And as such I'm not crazy about the job they're doing, which would account for any preemptive cynicism I have about this project. Not to besmirch Spielberg's way with a camera. The man knows how to make a film.

And I don't think it's necessary at all for this movie to include a conspiracy theory, in the same way that Gus Van Sant's Milk didn't need to address the People's Temple. But I wish it had.
User avatar
streeb
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: Zona, BC
Blog: View Blog (0)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests