FBI BUSTS 'HOMEGROWN NY TERROR CELL'

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

FBI BUSTS 'HOMEGROWN NY TERROR CELL'

Postby ninakat » Thu May 21, 2009 11:42 am

Oh good grief...

Four arrested for planning New York terror attacks

Four men were arrested on charges linked with planning attacks against a Jewish synagogue and US warplanes based at a New York military base, prosecutors said.

The men, who according to a US congressman were all born in the United States, were arrested “on charges arising from a plot to detonate explosives near a synagogue in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York,” according to the complaint filed at a White Plains, New York federal court.

The group, residing in New York, where Al-Qaeda extremists with hijacked commercial airliners destroyed the World Trade Center towers on September 11, 2001, also “planned to shoot down military planes located at the New York Air National Guard Base at Stewart Airport in Newburgh, New York, with Stinger surface-to-air guided missiles,” officials said.

The group was set to appear in court on Thursday. The charges hold a minimum sentence of 25 years in prison to a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.

The suspects — identified as James Cromitie, also known as Abdul Rahman; David Williams, also known as Daoud or simply DL; Onta Williams, also known as Hamza; and Laguerre Payen, also known as Amin and Almondo — had been tracked for over a year, officials said.

In the major part of the plan, to obtain weapons for the attack, the defendants dealt with an FBI informant who provided the group “with an inactive missile and inert explosives.”

According to the complaint in June 2008 when a Federal Bureau of Investigations informant met with Cromitie in Newburgh, New York, the suspect explained his anger over the US-led war in Afghanistan.

At that time Cromitie “expressed an interest in ‘doing something to America,’” the complaint said.

Beginning in October 2008, the informant began meeting with Cromitie regularly along with David Williams, Onta Williams and Payen at a house in which the FBI had concealed video and audio equipment.

The group “expressed desire” to attack targets in New York, and Cromitie “asked the informant to supply surface-to-air guided missiles and explosives, according to prosecutors.

In April 2009 the group agreed on the synagogue they intended to attack and proceeded to conduct surveillance, including taking photographs of the warplanes at the military base.

“As alleged in the complaint, the defendants wanted to engage in terrorist attacks,” said acting US attorney Lev L Dassin.

“Fortunately, the defendants sought the assistance of a witness cooperating with the government. While the weapons provided to the defendants were fake, the defendants thought they were absolutely real,” Dassin added.

New York Congressman Peter King told CNN television that the attacks would have involved exploding bombs in cars parked outside the Jewish temple and a community center.

“This would have been a tragic loss of life if the FBI and the NYPD (New York Police Department) had not been monitoring it.”

King said he believed all four of the men were born in the United States, and that they were all Muslim. “One is of Afghan descent,” he said, adding that some of the group converted to Islam in prison.

“Thank God for the NYPD and it shows what a real threat we face from homegrown terrorists, and it shows especially those of us living in New York, we live with this every day,” he said.

“We can rest secured tonight because this plot was stopped but we don’t know how many others are out there, and it’s why we can never let our guard down and we have to be extremely vigilant and realize the true diabolic nature of this enemy.”
ninakat

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu May 21, 2009 11:53 am

Timing.
http://rigorousintuition.ca/board/viewtopic.php?t=23931
(New 7/7 Report: MI5 and the "fraudster" bombers.)

Good time to recharge the memes of 9/11.
Plus, I'll bet that Air Force One fly-over photo op that terrorized NYC was a primer for this to maximize the effect.

In the major part of the plan, to obtain weapons for the attack, the defendants dealt with an FBI informant who provided the group “with an inactive missile and inert explosives.”

Funny, I seem to recall a 1993 incident involving an FBI informant at the World Trade Center that played out rather differently. How confusing!

King said he believed ...
“Thank God for the NYPD"...he said.

Isn't Spielberg...? Nevermind.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby DrVolin » Thu May 21, 2009 1:04 pm

It certainly gives "home grown" a whole new meaning. These aren't so much domestic, as fully domesticated cells.
DrVolin

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu May 21, 2009 1:16 pm

DrVolin wrote:It certainly gives "home grown" a whole new meaning. These aren't so much domestic, as fully domesticated cells.

"...domesticated..." Good one, DrV. :P

There's a whole story sequencing at work here.

The timing of the UK inquiry into the 7/7 events drives the timing of US terrorism stories.

The UK inquiry attempted to stamp out 'conspiracy theories' and this must be prevented from giving credence to the 9/11 truth movement.

So another NYC plot was hyped right on time and this allowed Obama to address "preventive detention," too.

Notice that the UK story on 7/7 includes reference to suspects with code names. So does the US story on the averted NYC plot.

CIA-USA Today sensitized Americans to this code name angle with two items:
> yesterday's top front page was a big graphic about popular children's NAMES
> the inside page story was about a toxin found at public schools with two alphabetized lists of school NAMES

This created a mnemonic bridge between the UK and US terror articles which served to give credibility to the US article AND bridged it to the classic meme, "threat to your children."

This is how psyops news cycle and layout is managed temporally and editorially.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby 8bitagent » Thu May 21, 2009 2:14 pm

What a shocker, another FBI informant led plot. Yawn

Add this to the pile:

Miami/Sears Tower plot
JFK airport
Fort Dix
Lodi California
Canadian 17

Oh if we'll recall, BOTH WTC 1993 and OKC 1995 had fbi informants crawling all over it.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu May 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Timing.
http://rigorousintuition.ca/board/viewtopic.php?t=23931
(New 7/7 Report: MI5 and the "fraudster" bombers.)

Good time to recharge the memes of 9/11.
Plus, I'll bet that Air Force One fly-over photo op that terrorized NYC was a primer for this to maximize the effect.

Funny, I seem to recall a 1993 incident involving an FBI informant at the World Trade Center that played out rather differently. How confusing!

King said he believed ...
“Thank God for the NYPD"...he said.

Isn't Spielberg...? Nevermind.

Will bama send them to GITMO? I hear it is still open
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby posting tulpa » Thu May 21, 2009 6:14 pm

pisses me off to no end that these PAID informants play with this shit like it's a game.

"Oh we gave them a FAKE Missile and INERT explosives....."

yeah that makes me feel all better inside. How long before the fake stuff gets switched out for the real thing and the informant/handler goes "silent"......

No one would be the wiser huh?
... and still, people like me are called anti-Semitic… nut jobs… and of course, ‘racist’ by members of the self-chosen at any one of the sewer forums where they gather to gang rape the truth.-Les Visible
posting tulpa

Postby justdrew » Thu May 21, 2009 6:34 pm

one of these days some real terrorists are going to kidnap the first idiot that offers to get them explosives. and then be waiting to intercept the rescue team.
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Byrne » Thu May 21, 2009 6:53 pm

A 13 page PDF of the FBI's allegations in full'
Code: Select all
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/21_05_09_complaint.pdf
Byrne

Postby Penguin » Thu May 21, 2009 7:43 pm

DrVolin wrote:It certainly gives "home grown" a whole new meaning. These aren't so much domestic, as fully domesticated cells.

At first glance I thought they busted a home grow op ring...

justdrew wrote:one of these days some real terrorists are going to kidnap the first idiot that offers to get them explosives. and then be waiting to intercept the rescue team.

Yeah. Funny no one has done that yet.
Or why hasnt anyone done a citizens arrest of the FBI agent provocateur?
"Hi, I need cops, Ive just arrested a man trying to make me buy explosives and suggesting I throw hand grenades in waste baskets!"
Penguin

Postby StarmanSkye » Thu May 21, 2009 7:59 pm

"one of these days some real terrorists are going to kidnap the first idiot that offers to get them explosives. and then be waiting to intercept the rescue team."

Word.

In fact, that would be the smart play for a genuine, smart (at least intelligent), forward-looking, well-organized, adequately-financed semi-independant cadre of terroristas, with the intent of smoking-out fake suppliers and terror-facilitators AND sending a 'message' to FBI et al. stooges, they better be prepared to put-up or become martyrs for the cause of serving thier chosen masters.

Although there is a hypothetical school of terrorism which might want to not show their hand, taking advantage of the 'bumbling wannabe terrorists foiled by super-sleuth law-enforcement ' dedication-type message to skate under-the-ordinary public radar, y'know, most folks seeing an arab in a denim-shirt, jeans, boots and a cowboy-hat would dismiss them as either a hispanic truck-driver or a tourist from England.

I think eventually the US War on Terrrror handlers will resort to 'letting' some highly-motivated terrorists get-away with using their ill-got weapons, to ramp-up the public fear-and-doom factor -- after all, with 'limited' funding and resources and less-than-absolute authority, the 'good guys' can't foil EVERY terrorist plot, now can they?
aka: Bringing the War on Terror to a community near YOU!
StarmanSkye

Postby justdrew » Thu May 21, 2009 8:03 pm

Penguin wrote:

At first glance I thought they busted a home grow op ring...

justdrew wrote:one of these days some real terrorists are going to kidnap the first idiot that offers to get them explosives. and then be waiting to intercept the rescue team.

Yeah. Funny no one has done that yet.
Or why hasnt anyone done a citizens arrest of the FBI agent provocateur?
"Hi, I need cops, Ive just arrested a man trying to make me buy explosives and suggesting I throw hand grenades in waste baskets!"

I think the entrapment victims in Florida were trying to do just that. They thought they had found a terrorist and were trying to play him along and turn him in for reward, only to find out the dealer had already stacked the deck. At least I dimly recall that being mentioned by their defense, but I'm not sure.
justdrew

Postby Alfred Joe's Boy » Thu May 21, 2009 8:29 pm

seemslikeadream wrote:Will bama send them to GITMO? I hear it is still open

NY Times:
Obama Is Said to Consider Preventive Detention Plan
President Obama told human rights advocates at the White House on Wednesday that he was mulling the need for a “preventive detention” system that would establish a legal basis for the United States to incarcerate terrorism suspects who are deemed a threat to national security but cannot be tried, two participants in the private session said.

The discussion, in a 90-minute meeting in the Cabinet Room that included Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. and other top administration officials, came on the eve of a much-anticipated speech Mr. Obama is to give Thursday on a number of thorny national security matters, including his promise to close the detention center at the naval base in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba.

Human rights advocates are growing deeply uneasy with Mr. Obama’s stance on these issues, especially his recent move to block the release of photographs showing abuse of detainees, and his announcement that he is willing to try terrorism suspects in military commissions — a concept he criticized bitterly as a presidential candidate.

The two participants, outsiders who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the session was intended to be off the record, said they left the meeting dismayed.

They said Mr. Obama told them he was thinking about “the long game” — how to establish a legal system that would endure for future presidents. He raised the issue of preventive detention himself, but made clear that he had not made a decision on it. Several senior White House officials did not respond to requests for comment on the outsiders’ accounts.

“He was almost ruminating over the need for statutory change to the laws so that we can deal with individuals who we can’t charge and detain,” one participant said. “We’ve known this is on the horizon for many years, but we were able to hold it off with George Bush. The idea that we might find ourselves fighting with the Obama administration over these powers is really stunning.”

The other participant said Mr. Obama did not seem to be thinking about preventive detention for terrorism suspects now held at Guantánamo Bay, but rather for those captured in the future, in settings other than a legitimate battlefield like Afghanistan. “The issue is,” the participant said, “What are the options left open to a future president?”

Mr. Obama did not specify how he intended to deal with Guantánamo detainees who posed a threat and could not be tried, nor did he share the contents of Thursday’s speech, the participants said.

He will deliver the speech at a site laden with symbolism — the National Archives, home to the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. Across town, his biggest Republican critic, former Vice President Dick Cheney, will deliver a speech at the American Enterprise Institute.

Mr. Cheney and other hawkish critics have sought to portray Mr. Obama as weak on terror, and their argument seems to be catching on with the public. On Tuesday, Senate Democrats, in a clear rebuke to the White House, blocked the $80 million Mr. Obama had requested in financing to close the Guantánamo prison.

The lawmakers say they want a detailed plan before releasing the money; there is deep opposition on Capitol Hill to housing terrorism suspects inside the United States.

“He needs to convince people that he’s got a game plan that will protect us as well as be fair to the detainees,” said Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina, who agrees with Mr. Obama that the prison should be closed. “If he can do that, then we’re back on track. But if he doesn’t make that case, then we’ve lost control of this debate.”

But Mr. Obama will not use the speech to provide the details lawmakers want.

“What it’s not going to be is a prescriptive speech,” said David Axelrod, Mr. Obama’s senior adviser. “The president wants to take some time and put this whole issue in perspective to identify what the challenges are and how he will approach dealing with them.”

REX 84
Alfred Joe's Boy

Postby American Dream » Fri May 22, 2009 5:05 pm

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.d ... 41/-1/NEWS

Newburgh Imam speaks out on FBI, bomb plot (with video)
By Heather Yakin
also by John Pertel
Posted: May 21, 2009 - 2:10 PM
VIDEO [in original]: The Imam refers to the FBI informant as a "provocateur"

NEWBURGH — The Imam from the Islamic Learning Center of Orange County spoke out Thursday, condemning a reputed plot to bomb a New York City synagogue and planes out of Stewart Airport, but saying that he believes the FBI tactics may have amounted to entrapment.

Although the FBI has said three of the suspects had links to the Newburgh mosque, Imam Salahuddin Mustafa Muhammad said none of them were regular attendees; two of them he didn’t know at all, and the third he recognized in a photo but could not name.

Muhammad was clear in his words.
“This informant was basically trying to get people to come on, to get involved in something,” he said. “I believe that this person was more than just someone listening in to see if someone had some bad ideas. But I believe that this person was someone who was prompting, prompting, prompting and trying to get people to get on board with this thing.”

A couple of years ago, Muhammad said, congregants came to him, concerned over a man who had started pressing people to go to lunch, a man who talked of jihad and fighting.

The suspects all look poor and needy, Muhammad said, and they may have been weak in the face of an offer of money.

“Individuals approached me and said that is exactly what this individual (the informant) did,” Muhammad said, “Individuals approached me and said ‘this individual offered me $25,000 and he started talking about jihad, and this that and the other,’ and he said ‘I don’t want no part of that.’ So people back off of him (the informant).

And so he obviously finally got someone to go along with it.”
It seems like entrapment, Muhammad said. “You have a little bit of money out of your pocket. Then someone comes and takes the money. So okay, we caught him, yeah, he’s a thief. But you entrapped him, because you put the money out there like that so somebody could take it. And he did, so you got him.”

The Imam was just as strong in his condemnation of any bomb plot, and any thoughts of violence by the one suspect who attended services at the mosque on a few occasions.

“I am an American citizen. I love my country, and we are teaching more than tolerance. We’re teaching appreciation and respect for others,” Muhammad said. “So if this person had these kinds of thoughts, this person is not a part of our community. He’s just someone who may have come a couple of times, two or three times, but not an active member of the mosque.”

Muhammad said he would not tolerate “Anything to do against Jews or Christians. I’m not with that, because that is not Islamic.” He continued, “We’re known for our cooperation for other fait
American Dream

Postby justdrew » Fri May 22, 2009 5:33 pm

and like clockwork as predicted... it was just an entrapment scam.

meanwhile our so called defenders prance about and posture. Shameful. America should be ashamed of itself. As bad as it's always been, really, the bullshit is just getting deeper every day. Things can not go on like this.

look at this pageant of bullshit:

NY officials honor agents in temple plot foil

May 22, 2009

NEW YORK - Law enforcement agents who helped thwart a suspected New York City terror plot have received special thanks from the city and state.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Friday awarded certificates to more than 100 detectives, officers and agents from the FBI, NYPD and state police.

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly says the amount of people involved shows the scope of the investigation.

Four men were arrested Wednesday and accused of plotting to blow up synagogues and shoot down military planes. They have pleaded not guilty to charges of conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction within the United States and conspiracy to acquire and use anti-aircraft missiles.

NYPD, FBI heros honored after foiling terror plot to bomb Riverdale synagogues

BY Celeste Katz and Corky Siemaszko
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Friday, May 22nd 2009, 1:44 PM
Watts/News

Mayor Bloomberg, Police Commissioner Kelly and Governor Paterson (center) honor more than 100 law enforcement personnel who had a hand in foiling the plot to bomb synagogues in the Bronx.
Related News
Articles

* Daly: Armed with intent but not skills to pull it off
* No bail for Bronx terror plot suspects
* How the FBI, NYPD foiled the plot
* Four nabbed in possible plot to bomb synagogues
* Terror plot 'shocking,' says rabbi in Riverdale

The cops and G-men who busted a gang of homegrown terrorists before they could blow up two Bronx synagogues got a big pat on the back Friday from a grateful city.

"I feel safer in the city today than ever before," Mayor Bloomberg said at a City Hall ceremony to honor the heroes. "They have prevented what could have been a terrible loss of life."

Gov. Paterson called the plot "one of the most heinous crimes that has been [planned] in this city for a long time."

And Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly called the police and FBI response "a textbook example of how a major investigation should be handled."

The kudos came a day after the suspects were ordered held without bail - and branded anti-Semitic would-be killers who dreamed of basking in the glory of their spectacular attacks.

"It's hard to envision a more chilling plot to bring mass murder to a . . . community," said Eric Snyder, an assistant U.S. attorney. "These are people who are eager to bring death to Jews."

Three of the shackled suspects - James Cromitie, 44; David Williams, 28, and Onta Williams (no relation to David), 32 - barely spoke at their Thursday arraignment in White Plains Federal Court.

The fourth man, Haitian immigrant Laguerre Payen, 27, looked dazed when he appeared later.

Cromitie, who recruited the other plotters, decided to bomb the synagogues because Al Qaeda already had brought down the best target the World Trade Center, court papers said.

"I hate those motherf-----s, those f-----g Jewish bastards," he told the informant, court papers revealed. "I would like to get [bomb] a synagogue."

He was itching to watch the devastation he wrought played out over and over again on TV.

"I'm the one who did that," Cromitie congratulated himself after the planned attacks, an informant told cops. "That's my work."

Even though cops called Cromitie the ringleader, Snyder singled out David Williams as the meanest of the bad-news bunch, saying he bragged he'd shoot anyone who tried to stop him.

The suspects, who are charged with conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction and anti-aircraft missiles, did not ask for bail. A judge ordered them held until a hearing on June 6.

The group's diabolical dream was to create "a fireball that would make the country gasp," a law enforcement source said.

The accused terrorists were busted Wednesday night as they planted what they thought was 37 pounds of explosives outside the Jewish center and the Riverdale Temple, two blocks away.

Within seconds, authorities had closed off the normally tranquil street using 18-wheel trucks. Cops and agents swarmed over the black SUV getaway vehicle, broke the windows and yanked the suspects out.

The four also plotted to blow a plane out of the sky at Stewart Air National Guard Base in Newburgh, Orange County, authorities charge.

"These guys were angry, they had intent and they were searching for capacity," a senior federal law enforcement official told the Daily News. But, the official added, they're "not exactly Al Qaeda."

The suspects met at their Newburgh mosque, Masjid al-Ikhlas, sources said, and at least three were jailhouse converts to Islam.

The mosque's spiritual leader denounced the plot and disowned the suspects. "Their plan was un-Islamic," declared Imam Salahuddin Mustafa Muhammad.

Just read the quotes. They pumped these guys so full of shit it was coming out their moths, when is the informant going to come forward, let's see him...
justdrew

Next

Return to General Discussion