Fuck Obama

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby barracuda » Sun May 24, 2009 12:00 pm

That certainly is a new twist. As usual - nary a peep from the mainstream media. Fobama.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby lightningBugout » Sun May 24, 2009 9:44 pm

What's weird about it is he waa like 25 at the time.
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

Postby chlamor » Mon May 25, 2009 10:29 pm

Liberal thy name is hypocrisy. What's new?
chlamor

Postby nathan28 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:58 pm

More bullshit from Team Messiah:

The Obama administration had asked the court to overturn Michigan v. Jackson [and thereby permit police questioning without the prescence lawyer], disappointing civil rights and civil liberties groups that expected President Barack Obama to reverse the policies of his Republican predecessor, George W. Bush.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h5yxfTqmBPqbMNsgBYSfLH_WzL3AD98E1DDG0

I could have sworn that jerk was a lawyer.
„MAN MUSS BEFUERCHTEN, DASS DAS GANZE IN GOTTES HAND IST"

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby lightningBugout » Wed May 27, 2009 10:12 pm

I'm pleased with Obama's supreme court justice pick.
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

Postby freemason9 » Wed May 27, 2009 10:15 pm

Fuck Obama?!?!? WTF?? Well, fuck YOU!! You folks need to relax. I posted a perfect response to a similar group of negative nellies earlier, in a different thread; it was such a perfect response, though, I thought I might just share it again:

I steadfastly remain supportive of Obama, and the reason is that I recognize a certain brilliance of competent management.

I read somewhere that most conspiracy advocates have never actually managed an organization or business; this is because only experienced managers understand just how difficult complex conspiracies would be to execute. And this is intensely true. Live the life of an organizational manager, and you will understand it. People are not so easily manipulated to the extent of predictable details and responses.

Any conspiracy that involves more than three core members will come undone, and it will be renamed a scandal, because individual tensions, competitions, and personality conflicts (not to mention independent affiliations beyond the group) will erode cohesion. Someone will say something to someone else. Someone will engage in passive aggressive behavior to undermine a competitor.

That's reality.

This economy . . . it's sad, that's all. It's coming apart, and there was no other way it could have ended. It was flawed from the beginning, with so many people earning incomes based upon little if any real production.

And the largest incomes were based upon the least production. This was all inevitable.

Obama is constrained, and you know the truth of it. He can't be as radical as you wish, because (1) most of the country would not support him, (2) he would lose Congress, (3) there are no clear alternatives to his strategy, (4) real, lasting change is incremental, and finally (5) the right wing would easily glide back into power as he is politically destroyed.

I'm just being truthful here. Sure, folks are conspiring to make money, but that isn't the same as a wide conspiracy to enslave us all and make a one-world government where people dress like Spock. Mostly, people are on their own, and they're doing their own things.

I love conspiracy theories, but I don't much believe in them. They read like novels, though, and they can be hard to put down.
The real issue is that there is extremely low likelihood that the speculations of the untrained, on a topic almost pathologically riddled by dynamic considerations and feedback effects, will offer anything new.
freemason9

Postby nathan28 » Wed May 27, 2009 10:44 pm

freemason9 wrote:Fuck Obama?!?!? WTF?? Well, fuck YOU!! You folks need to relax. I posted a perfect response to a similar group of negative nellies earlier, in a different thread; it was such a perfect response, though, I thought I might just share it again:

I steadfastly remain supportive of Obama, and the reason is that I recognize a certain brilliance of competent management.

I read somewhere that most conspiracy advocates have never actually managed an organization or business; this is because only experienced managers understand just how difficult complex conspiracies would be to execute. And this is intensely true. Live the life of an organizational manager, and you will understand it. People are not so easily manipulated to the extent of predictable details and responses.

Any conspiracy that involves more than three core members will come undone, and it will be renamed a scandal, because individual tensions, competitions, and personality conflicts (not to mention independent affiliations beyond the group) will erode cohesion. Someone will say something to someone else. Someone will engage in passive aggressive behavior to undermine a competitor.

That's reality.

This economy . . . it's sad, that's all. It's coming apart, and there was no other way it could have ended. It was flawed from the beginning, with so many people earning incomes based upon little if any real production.

And the largest incomes were based upon the least production. This was all inevitable.

Obama is constrained, and you know the truth of it. He can't be as radical as you wish, because (1) most of the country would not support him, (2) he would lose Congress, (3) there are no clear alternatives to his strategy, (4) real, lasting change is incremental, and finally (5) the right wing would easily glide back into power as he is politically destroyed.

I'm just being truthful here. Sure, folks are conspiring to make money, but that isn't the same as a wide conspiracy to enslave us all and make a one-world government where people dress like Spock. Mostly, people are on their own, and they're doing their own things.

I love conspiracy theories, but I don't much believe in them. They read like novels, though, and they can be hard to put down.

Constrained by what? 600-year-old rights like habeus corpus and the right to representation? He's doing what he can to roll those back. His DOJ just claimed an even more pervasive state secrecy claim than Bush's. The only reason you think these moves are somehow "constrained" is because either you aren't reading the news or you simply can't understand basic civics-class concepts. No conspiracy necessary: Obama has made several civil authoritarian moves in the past six weeks. Barracuda already pointed this out. I'm not going to explain it again since you seem willfully ignorant.
„MAN MUSS BEFUERCHTEN, DASS DAS GANZE IN GOTTES HAND IST"

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby barracuda » Wed May 27, 2009 11:00 pm

He should constrain himself to the parameters set forth in the Constitution, freemason9. Those are the minimum requirements he swore to his god to uphold. Fobamamama.
barracuda

Postby Sweejak » Wed May 27, 2009 11:10 pm

Ouch.

By Phil Rockstroh

From time to time, events unfold that are so large in scope, so all-encompassing in their implications that one's initial response is muted by an inability to categorize it all within the realm of experience. Previous reference points prove of little service. One's image of oneself and one's place in the world is under siege, perhaps even in danger of being torn away. One stare's into the abyss, until the abyss removes its dark shades and makes direct eye contact. The mind buzzes; one's thoughts scuttle in circles like stunned insects.

On a collective basis, we as a nation are living through such a time. At present, we are witnessing the descending spiral of Icarusian Capitalism; our sacred delusion of the perpetual ascendancy of a god-like market place lies broken in the dust. Malls and Mcmansions stand abandoned, desolate as the edifices of forgotten gods, as the come-ons of the salesmen of deregulated capitalism are churned to spittle amid a cacophony of collapsing market platitudes.

And not an uptick in public optimism, nor a surge of euphoria on Wall Street, nor the "invisible hand of the marketplace" sprinkling pixie dust will bring back the Olympian days of 2005, when the wise men of Washington and Wall Street knew the force of gravity was just a myth believed in by those embittered prophets of doom whose only joy in life is fantasizing the fall of their wealthy betters. It does not matter a damn how many dollars our present day believers of neoliberal tall tales, President Obama and Treasury Secretary Geithner, pour into the hole in the ground where the crash occurred, a bean stalk, twining skyward towards a golden, debt-negating goose, will not flower forth.

Fortunately, when false convictions fall, it is possible for a leveling of sanity to prevail. But there can be no more hubristic flights borne on waxen wings. No more multibillion dollar confidence scams from Wall Street. No more smash and grab imperial wars. No more tea parties for the dim and deranged. There is the banality of evil, and then there is the evil of banality. Both, the present era has produced in abundance. From about the late nineteen-seventies to the present, The United States all but ceased manufacturing products and went into the business of manufacturing marketplace hype, baseless fears, and illusionary enemies. Due to this economic and cultural derangement, a dark tower of self-imprisoning delusions has circumscribed our nation's fate. Is it any wonder the quintessential dark lord of the darkest tower, Dick Cheney, will not exit the scene?

And what will foster real change? Not pleasing sound bites and rousing oratory from President Obama, then a continuance of many of the pernicious policies of his criminal predecessors. Conversely, the iron gates of Hell must crash closed behind us. The absence of light must grow so unbearable to us that we're willing to ask how is it we arrived in this place and become willing to challenge our most cherished concepts about ourselves and our place in the scheme of things. That is the sort of "indefinite detention" the nation could use. What is needed is the audacity of hopelessness.

President Obama and the Democratic Congress could have ridden a wave of public discontent towards meaningful reform, but instead they have hugged the shore. And they seem to be surveying the property, scouting locations to build beach house retreats for their elitist benefactors and the militarist fantasists whose tsunami-sized arrogance wrought the present destruction in the first place.

Meanwhile, right-wing radio haters, like penned dogs, bark into the empty air of their meaningless day. Daily, we negotiate our way through the encompassing banalities and casual brutalities of soft oligarchy, as beneath it all churns the nebulous rage of the powerless that creates an audience for the likes of Beck, Hannity, and Limbaugh.

It is high season for those virtuosos of displaced anger, because not only the nation's treasure, but its élan vital, has been squandered inflating the bubble-borne vanities of the ultra-wealthy up to the point of economic immolation. The elite have perpetrated an act of catastrophic clownishness so massive that it has left the rest of us stunned, and left to pick amid the debris of our exploded hopes. Bur hopes do not die pretty. Once dead, they do not rise like the redeemer gods of myth; instead, they stagger about, rotting and snarling like B-movie mummies. They leave us with our mouths tasting of ash. Our hearts choked by dry thistle.

Yet the buffoons of Wall Street and the killer clowns of our militarized Disneyland strut and swagger past the smoking ruins they left behind after their high-end looting spree. In their plundering, the only thing they didn't steal for themselves was any sense of self-awareness. Or is self-awareness necessary when you're obscenely rewarded for your narcissistic follies? What motivation would a high-chair tyrant have to modify his self-centeredness when he is shielded from the consequences of his bratty machinations? Why become an honest actor in the realm of human events when one can strut through life with a con artist's inexplicable sense of entitlement?

And what about the rest of us? The financial elite, by means of their bagman in the Executive Branch and Congress, continue to plunder our hopes for a meaningful future byway of that legal larceny popularly known as the bailout, i.e., the latest transfer of wealth from the bottom upward. This is why the buffoonish tea-bagger types hoard their resentments. All they've been left with is a heap of fragmented hatreds. Those toxic baubles they shore against reality.

Tragically, when not addressed, fear and resentment will increase in intensity and can become an exponentially growing feedback loop of paranoid rage. At present, such a process has created that haunted forest of the airwaves known as right-wing talk radio. It is the voice of anger feeding off of itself, and it seems dangerously close to reaching the point of hypertrophic breakdown. It is the audio analog of a belief system in exponential decay ... The more the rot increases in the system the more Glen Beck babbles and weeps. It is physically manifested in the cataclysmic ecosystem of Rush Limbaugh's repulsive bulk ... his corpulent carcass is the morbid bloat of unregulated capitalism.

Heracles and the Lernean hydra
image from flickr.com by Eva the Weaver

Right-wing hatred is a many headed hydra that feeds on fear and desperation. It cannot be fought by attacking its spindling heads, each of its hissing mouths dripping with black poison. Instead, one must make thrusts at the noxious heart of the raging beast. But one cannot know where the heart of an external monster beats without suffering the agonies of one's own. Accordingly, one must allow one's heart to be broken. And don't look to Barack Obama's bland charm to mend it. Because the honest grief of the heart provides a point of reference, a foundation of knowledge, as to why the monster is inconsolable in its wounded fury; hence, this provides a strategic starting point as to how to fight it.

And that is why we must release the photographs of torture. Moreover, we must bring public ignominy upon the respectable psychopaths in high places who mandated these policies, plus bring a leveling of shame upon the high-flying, highchair tyrants of high finance who exploded the global economy. Our ugliness must be public like a frog. The nasty secrets must be revealed; the mortifying pictures gazed upon. Our stomachs should seize up in revulsion. The ordeal must exact such a degree of revulsion within us that we will never again allow these despicable practices to transpire on our watch.

There is a stench of putrefaction rising from beneath our feet. We must uncover the corpses laid under by empire. Being placated by Barrack Obama's bland charm -- in the same manner we were cowed by George W. Bush's infantile petulance, amused by Bill Clinton's brilliant, bad boy seductions, and drugged by Ronald Reagan's stupefying 1940's Hollywood bromides -- will only defer the reckoning and render us ignorant stooges in the impersonal sweep of history. As a people, we have a choice: We can be strengthened by embracing uncomfortable truths, or we can grow enervated and enfeebled by pushing them away.

But sadly, Obama is attempting the tried and tested political trick -- used effectively by Washington hacks from Watergate ("Our long national nightmare is over") to Iran-Contra ("We cannot have another failed presidency") -- of inducing the uniquely American trait of Instant Amnesia that has, in the past, allowed the empire to stagger on, repeatedly committing variations of the same crimes, then coddling and protecting the same variety of corrupt elitists responsible, and thereby, reducing the Constitution to tatters and rendering the rule of law rubble.

But this time, the rot is too deep, the pathology too systemic. Obama's placebo presidency will not stem the hypertrophic decay. Granted, it was good to evict the previous, psychotic tenants from the property (Although Dick Cheney seems to be stalking the place with his obsessive, media drive-bys.) but that does nothing to repair the collapsing foundation of the structure, its core eaten away by an infestation of anti-democratic termites. Rather than addressing the core issue, the deterioration of the rights and liberties granted by the U.S. Constitution, President Obama is wallpapering over the rot wrought by the national security state's termite hive mind of authoritarian appetites, that has been, silently, and hidden by darkness, gnawing the house of state to sawdust.

Again our choice: Either open up the decay within the system to the light of day and start the process of rebuilding and renewal, or allow the republic-ravening pestilence to continue unchallenged, hence unabated, and let the nation go bughouse crazy as the house comes down around us to the strains of the insect-brain stridulations of Beck, Hannity, and Limbaugh.

Phil Rockstroh, a self-described, auto-didactic, gasbag monologist, is a poet, lyricist and philosopher bard living in New York City. He may be contacted at: philangie2000 @ yahoo.com or visit his site at http://www.philrockstroh.com

http://www.uncommonthought.com/mtblog/
Sweejak

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:11 pm

I, for one, could well do without any more of the "you folks" labeling bullshit that seems to be popping up in various threads lately. Did someone somewhere create a group I'm not allowed to join? Should I be angry about that? Am I already a member? May I already be a winner? If the Borg is running around telling RI posters resistance is futile, I wanna know, otherwise, some clarity about whom one is addressing would be preferable to "you folks," because, frankly, I want to know whether or not I should be getting offended by some of these recent, possible insults to my intelligence.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby freemason9 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:35 pm

mentalgongfu2 wrote:I, for one, could well do without any more of the "you folks" labeling bullshit that seems to be popping up in various threads lately. Did someone somewhere create a group I'm not allowed to join? Should I be angry about that? Am I already a member? May I already be a winner? If the Borg is running around telling RI posters resistance is futile, I wanna know, otherwise, some clarity about whom one is addressing would be preferable to "you folks," because, frankly, I want to know whether or not I should be getting offended by some of these recent, possible insults to my intelligence.

Let's stop the "I'm offended" stuff for awhile, okay? Nathan just informed me that I have an inadequate knowledge of several things, including "simple civics" (whatever that may mean). I'm generally an easy enough target, but do you hear me whine? Why, no, you do not, because I know my surroundings. Hell, everybody's right . . . but everybody's wrong, too, and that's why I jam the middle. Some important guy once said, "Be neither for, nor against," and I believe he was on to something there.

It's a damned tough world . . . but a damned fine one, too, if you can dare to live well enough and spread some light from time to time. It ain't all shadows.

But systems must exist so that billions can coexist. That might be revolting to some, but it's a fact. Jack.

The sun shines beautifully at times, and sometimes the clouds gather. It doesn't matter all that much. There are other worlds than these, it is said.

Obama is a good person. It troubles me to see him shredded so quickly. I would never have thought we would be fortunate enough to have a thinking person in the White House. Yup, he ain't perfect, but I've never assumed that was possible.

It's like this Supreme Court nominee. Within the space of the last hour, I've heard her being attacked from the right as being way too liberal . . . and then, the left accused her of being way too conservative.

Sucks to be pragmatic at times.
The real issue is that there is extremely low likelihood that the speculations of the untrained, on a topic almost pathologically riddled by dynamic considerations and feedback effects, will offer anything new.
freemason9

Postby freemason9 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:38 pm

nathan28 wrote:I'm not going to explain it again since you seem willfully ignorant.

I'll let that pass. This time.
freemason9

Postby barracuda » Wed May 27, 2009 11:40 pm

freemason9 wrote:The sun shines beautifully at times, and sometimes the clouds gather.

Well said, Chauncy Gardner.
barracuda

Postby chlamor » Thu May 28, 2009 12:16 am

Sucks to be pragmatic at times.

You are in no sense of the word being pragmatic you are quite simply supporting the mass-marketed candidate with good diction. You are indeed either willfully ignorant of the massive amount of information that has been placed before your eyes or you are so politically incoherent that you are incapable of grasping easy concepts such as "imperialism." For that is what you are supporting with your support of Obama.

There is nothing more impratical and in fact utterly mad than to believe in the possibility of any meaningful change occurring through the mechanism of the Democratic party. Quite the opposite. Obama is an act of system legitimizing brilliance meant to quell populist outrage and corral all this political energy into the sink of conventional party politics.

You have to admit it is brilliant in it's effects when folks like yourself are voicing support for their masters. Which leads us back to your political acumen and a-historical perspective.

Meanwhile your commander in chief plans to build an embassy in Pakistan to rival the one in Baghdad all of it quite naturally on the taxpayers dime and upon the blood of the Pakistani people. Plus ca' change you fool.
chlamor

Postby chlamor » Thu May 28, 2009 12:24 am

Makin' a list... checkin' it twice.

The latest additions:

No prosecutions for torture, war crimes or corruption for the last administration.

No reversal of the Paulson bailouts or the Bernake monetary policy - "At last conservative and liberal economists agree..." - Bully.

No repeal of the Bush tax cuts...

$600 to $900 Billion in stimulus, primarily in infrastructure ("potholes"), but no direct jobs or "relief" programs of any kind.

Confirmation of the $7 to $8 Trillion total price tag (half of the entire GNP for 1 year).

"Delays" in the Obama "social program"...

Forgiveness for all Republicans and Democratic tools; jobs for every reactionary and neo-lib in the Democratic party.

Yup, he is a lying sack of shit who not only doesn't stack up to FDR ("FDR was a 'centrist', ya know..") but doesn't even come close to Herbert Hoover.

Even the "center" gets sold out while the U.S.A. gets the American Idol:
chlamor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion