Jani's at the mercy of her mind

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:59 am

This thread doesn't deserve to have Tom `fucking' Cruise thrown in it's face.

Welll, now....

Mac Cruis keen

:frightened:
:scaredhide:
chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby nathan28 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:51 am

Cosmic Cowbell wrote:
nathan28 wrote:
Cosmic Cowbell wrote:[a bunch of bullshit]

IIRC you are a childhood contactee, at least by your claims. That sounds like a readymade "schizophrenia" diagnosis to me.

Ah...another "internet doctor" with a "readymade diagnosis". I'll assume you've consulted with Dr. Mac?. Either that, or you've must have read my blog.... :roll:

BTW- Mr. Cruise certainly does belong in this thread. Just as he talks out his ass about psychiatry and drugs, so too, do several participants in this thread.

You have avoided the question entirely. I want you to explain to me how your experiences that you and I both know for a fact that the psychiatric establishment--and almost all "normal" people for that matter--refuses to consider as anything but deviant would, had you been unfortunate enough to discuss them as a child before a doctor at a psych ward, result.

But you're not going to answer that question. Instead you're going to make some mildly disruptive comments that show your willingness to play champion for an already-defended established authority.

That's really fucking weird for a R.A. Wilson fan who has taken trips into space in flying saucers.
„MAN MUSS BEFUERCHTEN, DASS DAS GANZE IN GOTTES HAND IST"

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:51 am

nathan28 wrote:
Cosmic Cowbell wrote:
nathan28 wrote:
Cosmic Cowbell wrote:[a bunch of bullshit]

IIRC you are a childhood contactee, at least by your claims. That sounds like a readymade "schizophrenia" diagnosis to me.

Ah...another "internet doctor" with a "readymade diagnosis". I'll assume you've consulted with Dr. Mac?. Either that, or you've must have read my blog.... :roll:

BTW- Mr. Cruise certainly does belong in this thread. Just as he talks out his ass about psychiatry and drugs, so too, do several participants in this thread.

You have avoided the question entirely. I want you to explain to me how your experiences that you and I both know for a fact that the psychiatric establishment--and almost all "normal" people for that matter--refuses to consider as anything but deviant would, had you been unfortunate enough to discuss them as a child before a doctor at a psych ward, result.

But you're not going to answer that question. Instead you're going to make some mildly disruptive comments that show your willingness to play champion for an already-defended established authority.

That's really fucking weird for a R.A. Wilson fan who has taken trips into space in flying saucers.

Which "question" would you like an answer to Nathan?

This one:

nathan28 wrote:You want to run it by your psychiatrist and Michael Schofield to check?

The assumption here, I suppose, is that I haven't already done so, maybe more than once WRT consulting mental health professionals. As for Mr.Schofield, since he is not a professional or medically trained, why would I consult him.

Or perhaps you would prefer I answer this one:

nathan28 wrote:Maybe you think you deserve the treatment she's received?

I suppose my answer would be no, since we are talking about apples and oranges here. Nor do I agree with your characterization that seeing something in your room late at night once or twice equates to "schizophrenia" ala 400 the Cat or hearing voices.

Stupid questions.

As for my defense of an "established authority", please show me where I have done this. I will admit to being sympathetic to Jani and her families plight and so Mac's not so subtle unwarranted attacks on Mr. Schofields character - based on Macs reading of a what I find to be a very honest, baring of the soul type attempt to relate to others who may also find themselves with this burden - well, lets just say there aren't a lot of boundaries when it comes to conspiracy theories. Advocating calling CPS in this particular case simply crossed one I couldn't let slide. Especially since the law stipulates Drs. must act when they suspect such a scenario. Jani lived at UCLA for some time and I'm sure the Drs. looked hard at the possibilities of abuse and found none. It wasn't for lack of looking. But hey, you clucks know better, right?. Cause your on the internets, right?

Give me a fucking break.

As for your last statement, somehow alluding to a fictitious claim of mine that I claim to be a "Contactee" who has "taken trips into space in flying saucers", well, you just made that shit up. As usual.....

I do however have a fondness for Mr. Wilson.
"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." ~ A.N. Whitehead
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby Alaya » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:15 pm

Rendering my half cent noob opinion here. I read the thread and some of Schofield's blog, saw the video.

I have experience with children similar to Jani.

I feel that Mr. and Mrs. are quite put out that Jani ruined their American Dream of being the perfect, upwardly mobile 2.5 children family.

The mother is distant, I feel and has pinned her sights on the blessed Bodhi.

The father has created a SM cycle with Jani and he gets off on it.
He is a creep of the highest order.

Jani's photo? Look at the light in her eyes.
Alaya

Postby Nordic » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:09 pm

teamdaemon wrote:
July 8, 2008: Claps hands, hops (tic-like); food can't touch; strips clothes off if she thinks they have a spot. Wants order and perfection in play, toys, stories.

This is classic autistic behavior.

This is classic CHILD behavior IMHO.

Unless almost all the kids I've known are/were autistic. :roll:

Not bagging on you, whatsoever, just the father who wrote the thing in the first place.

I have very little experience with autistic children.

I do have experience (more than I ever bargained for) with mentally ill adults.
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby justdrew » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:32 pm

Cosmic Cowbell wrote:But hey, you clucks know better, right?. Cause your on the internets, right?

Give me a fucking break.

would love to.

by your standard, EVERYONE here might as well just shut and and go away and leave everything to the designated experts. Cosmic Cowbell FORBIDS those without medical degrees from posting their reactions to events that may or may not be based on medical conditions (but probably are). My guess must be that he recognizes the parenting style and approves wholeheartedly.

Because god knows, no one NOT ON DUH INTERNETS ever discuses medical treatments. right!? Only stupid people on duh internuts right cowbell?

Just move along bystanders. Move along.

Lord cowbell hath spoken and denounced us.
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby justdrew » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:33 pm

Alaya wrote:I feel that Mr. and Mrs. are quite put out that Jani ruined their American Dream of being the perfect, upwardly mobile 2.5 children family.

The mother is distant, I feel and has pinned her sights on the blessed Bodhi.

The father has created a SM cycle with Jani and he gets off on it.
He is a creep of the highest order.

Jani's photo? Look at the light in her eyes.

agreed. I was trying to maintain sympathy with the family up to when I heard Mom's audio-show. These people are bizarre. I don't know, I mean I still feel for them, but I can't help feeling like they're negatively feeding into this process.
Last edited by justdrew on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justdrew

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:04 pm

justdrew wrote:would love to.

by your standard, EVERYONE here might as well just shut and and go away and leave everything to the designated experts. Cosmic Cowbell FORBIDS those without medical degrees from posting their reactions to events that may or may not be based on medical conditions (but probably are). My guess must be that he recognizes the parenting style and approves wholeheartedly.

This entire thread is a "guess" GGG. And since were guessing, one can only surmise what inspires your somewhat unusual interest in Jani's case. I'm sure you meditate on it (in full lotus position) frequently....

I'm just not understanding all the "Cowbell FORBIDS" and "Lord Cowbell" histrionics that are directed my way. It does resemble to some degree like something Mac would say, so I will only gather that your the current "Me Too" to his "Big Dog" (LBO seems to be taking a break)...

justdrew wrote:Because god knows, no one NOT ON DUH INTERNETS ever discuses medical treatments. right!? Only stupid people on duh internuts right cowbell?

Discussion is one thing GGG, elevating it to form an internet posse is quite another. As for "only" stupid people on the Internets, um ..no.

justdrew wrote:Lord cowbell hath spoken and denounced us.

:roll:

What's with this "us" shit. You think you and yours speak for the whole of the readership of RI? If so, your mythical ability to diagnose psychiatric disorders through the tubes is surpassed only by the size of your massive ego. But I suppose I don't really have to point that out to you, do I GGG?

I don't pretend to "know" Jani or her family, as others here seem to do. I am simply mystified by the certainty displayed by some here as to what is inside the head of BOTH Jani and her parents - simply from reading a blog.

Lastly, if anyone who's contributed to this lengthy thread would care to share whatever medical/psychiatric qualification they may have earned in RL, by all means, please share. There's been an awful lot of "I worked with" etc, etc so someone here must have creds of some sort. Right?
"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." ~ A.N. Whitehead
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby justdrew » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:34 pm

Cosmic Cowbell wrote:I'm sure you meditate on it (in full lotus position) frequently....

so, it's ok for you to guess what's in my mind, based on much less than reading a blog or long news article. I see.

Cosmic Cowbell wrote:I will only gather that your the current "Me Too" to his "Big Dog"

This case is an example of a much broader issue. I'm not bringing this up to waste time or play games. I could invent some kind of asinine framework that mirrors normal human dialog on a subject (complete with shitty cartoon image) and call you a name based on it, but I won't.

There is no internet posse forming here, just people talking about the subject and offering their perceptive on it. I'm guessing you haven't been following along. Perhaps because you don't care about the larger issue this example illustrates.

Cosmic Cowbell wrote:What's with this "us" shit. You think you and yours speak for the whole of the readership of RI? If so, your mythical ability to diagnose psychiatric disorders through the tubes is surpassed only by the size of your massive ego. But I suppose I don't really have to point that out to you, do I GGG?

us - refers to those you malign who only seek to discuss this issue and share their reactions. None of "us" are in any position to intervene in this case whatsoever.

Cosmic Cowbell wrote:I don't pretend to "know" Jani or her family, as others here seem to do. I am simply mystified by the certainty displayed by some here as to what is inside the head of BOTH Jani and her parents - simply from reading a blog.

Lastly, if anyone who's contributed to this lengthy thread would care to share whatever medical/psychiatric qualification they may have earned in RL, by all means, please share. There's been an awful lot of "I worked with" etc, etc so someone here must have creds of some sort. Right?

You can think people are pretending to "know" the family, but I don't see anyone adopting that pretension. I do see you pretending to know the minds of posters to this thread though, and adopting a holier-than-thou attitude toward everyone with doubts as to what's going on in this situation.

What's with this "GGG" stuff BTW?

No one here has to post credentials of any kind, why would anyone want to do that? I don't think it would serve any useful purpose.
justdrew

Postby nathan28 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:37 pm

Cosmic Cowbell wrote:Which "question" would you like an answer to Nathan?

This one:

I suppose my answer would be no, since we are talking about apples and oranges here. Nor do I agree with your characterization that seeing something in your room late at night once or twice equates to "schizophrenia" ala 400 the Cat or hearing voices.

Stupid questions.

As for your last statement, somehow alluding to a fictitious claim of mine that I claim to be a "Contactee" who has "taken trips into space in flying saucers", well, you just made that shit up. As usual.....

Once or twice? The way you have carried on elsewhere suggests you have much more at stake in that vein than the dismissive "once or twice". In fact:

I woke up one morning during the summer of 1974 in what has been described as a "saucer nest". I couldn't leave the circle do to being barefoot and the fact that the tall grass that surrounded the flattened grass of the "nest" was full of what are known as sand burrs. I had to call for someone in the house to bring me some shoes so I could exit the field. Later, I recalled how I ended up there. During the previous evening, I remember coming into consciousness in the presence of two 'greys', with a craft of some kind several feet away. I found myself sitting on the ground in an upright position as one of them was on my lest side, attempting to bring me to my feet. I reached across my chest with my right hand and poked it in the right eye.

You, HMWs and Dream's End fought for pages on the veracity of "alien" encounters. I have argued with it as well, from an entirely different hypothesis than the one DE or HMWs use (though I am sympathetic to their suggestions), though on reviewing those threads, I notice that you provided little commentary.

As for my defense of an "established authority", please show me where I have done this. I will admit to being sympathetic to Jani and her families plight and so Mac's not so subtle unwarranted attacks on Mr. Schofields character - based on Macs reading of a what I find to be a very honest, baring of the soul type attempt to relate to others who may also find themselves with this burden - well, lets just say there aren't a lot of boundaries when it comes to conspiracy theories. Advocating calling CPS in this particular case simply crossed one I couldn't let slide. Especially since the law stipulates Drs. must act when they suspect such a scenario. Jani lived at UCLA for some time and I'm sure the Drs. looked hard at the possibilities of abuse and found none. It wasn't for lack of looking. But hey, you clucks know better, right?. Cause your on the internets, right?

Give me a fucking break.

I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt. But I won't. You didn't enter the thread with a high horse about the danger of CPS or foster care, which is frighteningly real, and almost always one of the worst places a child can go, considering they are seven times more likely to die in foster care than otherwise.

But you didn't say that. You posted a silly picture.

Likewise, you seem to think that Michael Schofield's logorrhoea is "honest", rather than self-centered narcisstic bullshit (unfortunately, there is no medicine for Merck to sell to Cluster B personalities). You also felt that agitprop was being bullied, when he was fishing for personal information, pretending to be a girl and successful ending discussions. And likewise you think that it's a perfectly defensible policy to lock Palestinians into the world's largest concentration camp, deny them water, food or medical supplies, attack aid organizations and then finally drop bombs on them. You repost Shelby Steele articles and pretend that he You think using a taser on someone who could be easily grabbed and handcuffed isn't and excessive use of force because he isn't wearing pants. In short, you defend aggressors playing the role of victim. I can't tell whether this is you honestly falling for a con--and I can only speak for myself, but Schofield's blog reads an awful lot like one--or you doing so willfully and intentionally.

And again, you didn't say anything about the problem with CPS, and upon review, I am not happy that I scuttled the post I had prepared about the problems of foster care, which Mac advocated. Instead, you post a picture of Tom Cruise, implying that anyone who questions the psychiatric establishment is some nutjob.
„MAN MUSS BEFUERCHTEN, DASS DAS GANZE IN GOTTES HAND IST"

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby Maddy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:45 pm

GGG = he's f*cking with everyone?

"good giving and game"
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:54 pm

the danger of CPS or foster care, which is frighteningly real, and almost always one of the worst places a child can go, considering they are seven times more likely to die in foster care than otherwise.

Source, please, nathan.
chiggerbit

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:18 pm

nathan28 wrote:
Cosmic Cowbell wrote:Which "question" would you like an answer to Nathan?

This one:

Stupid questions.

Once or twice? The way you have carried on elsewhere suggests you have much more at stake in that vein than the dismissive "once or twice". In fact:

I woke up one morning during the summer of 1974 in what has been described as a "saucer nest". I couldn't leave the circle do to being barefoot and the fact that the tall grass that surrounded the flattened grass of the "nest" was full of what are known as sand burrs. I had to call for someone in the house to bring me some shoes so I could exit the field. Later, I recalled how I ended up there. During the previous evening, I remember coming into consciousness in the presence of two 'greys', with a craft of some kind several feet away. I found myself sitting on the ground in an upright position as one of them was on my lest side, attempting to bring me to my feet. I reached across my chest with my right hand and poked it in the right eye.

You, HMWs and Dream's End fought for pages on the veracity of "alien" encounters. I have argued with it as well, from an entirely different hypothesis than the one DE or HMWs use (though I am sympathetic to their suggestions), though on reviewing those threads, I notice that you provided little commentary.

I simply assumed Nathan that any experiences I might have had -AFTER- childhood were moot and had no bearing in my attempt to answer your stupid question. Up until my teenage years, the only experiences I had were in my room, ergo, that's all I could have proffered to whomever would have diagnosed me as "schizophrenic" at close to Jani's age. Off topic and besides, what's yer fucking point?

Give me a fucking break.

nathan28 wrote:I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt. But I won't. You didn't enter the thread with a high horse about the danger of CPS or foster care, which is frighteningly real, and almost always one of the worst places a child can go, considering they are seven times more likely to die in foster care than otherwise.

But you didn't say that. You posted a silly picture.

Two different concerns Nathan. One, the bullying of another forum member (one whom I agreed in principal with) by the same fucking cast of characters that tried to do the same to me. The second we are currently addressing to some extent. I guess "high horse's" are a matter of personal preference. Mine's a beaut...

nathan28 wrote: You also felt that agitprop was being bullied, when he was fishing for personal information, pretending to be a girl and successful ending discussions.

I could give less of a shit about any of that or what Agitprop did in any other thread. What I do oppose is Forum Bullies stifling discourse. Especially when they run in packs...

nathan28 wrote: And likewise you think that it's a perfectly defensible policy to lock Palestinians into the world's largest concentration camp, deny them water, food or medical supplies, attack aid organizations and then finally drop bombs on them.

Um...nope. If you can find it, post it. But you can't. More made up shit from you.

nathan28 wrote:blah blah blah..more bullshit...blah blah blah

I'm always amused when the messenger, rather the the message, is attacked. It's a sure sign that the rebuttal is too weak to deploy. What's that called again?

And of course, there's always the "you don't agree with me, you're a "troll" gambit....

Whatever.... :roll:
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby monster » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:58 pm

"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:24 pm

"Jani's at the mercy of RI"
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion