A Call From 1-888-888-8888 [followed by other weirdness]

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: A Call From 1-888-888-8888 [followed by other weirdness]

Postby 82_28 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:36 pm

Phone numbers are weird and I am just now beginning to understand how all that shit works -- switches/COs and all that shit. I will have to investigate somehow the legacy equipment that supplies the varying "other end". I have access to enter an extremely major data center (with handler) in which I will obviously keep my "eyes peeled" as to what is modern and what is again "legacy". One cool thing about telco whatnot is that it is a shit ton of shit that works interchangably with shit that's been around for over 100 years still. All I can say is that it's fucking vast and it all still works. Find some phone from like 1920 -- I have one. It still works and can completely access everything else. That baffles me. I don't know what my point is other than all I do anymore deals with phone numbers, wire centers and switches which are both fiber and copper. Telecommunications is like legos -- A lego set you got in the mid 70s will work with the lego set your kid got for Christmas in 2014. I totally do not know where these numbers originate but I can tell you that they have to travel through a CO somewhere and it all is knowable.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby cptmarginal » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:03 pm

Check this out:

http://www.american-buddha.com/danny.last.htm

Casolaro's phone records indicate he spent many hours in conversation with Riconosciuto, and Casolaro's friends say that for several months in late 1990, Casolaro talked of little else.

The 44-year-old Riconosciuto is -- to put it mildly -- a colorful character, wilder than anything in "The Falcon and the Snowman." He was a gifted child: When he was just 10 years old, Michael wired his parents' neighborhood with a working private telephone system that undercut Ma Bell; in the eighth grade, he won a science fair with a model for a three-dimensional sonar system. By the time he was a teenager, he had won so many science fairs with exhibits of laser technology that he was invited to be a summer research assistant at Stanford's prestigious Cooper Vapor Laser Laboratory. Dr. Arthur Schalow, a Nobel laureate, remembers him even now. "You don't forget a 16-year-old youngster who shows up with his own argon laser," he told Casolaro.

In 1973, Riconosciuto had been sentenced by a federal judge in Seattle to two years in prison for the manufacture of psychedelic drugs and jumping bail. At the time, his father testified that Michael was engaged in "underwater research" and had discussed "using electronic means to clean up pollutants in water." The narcotics agents who arrested the young Riconosciuto said they'd had him under surveillance off and on since 1968.
The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby lucky » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:21 am

Ok this is weird I was logged on to RI when my mobile rang with the number 8888888888 - i didn't answer as ..well im not sure probably thinking twas a sales call. So i google the number and the 7-8th thing that came up was this thread.....woooo
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Previous

Return to General Discussion