Jesse Ventura's new conspiracy show

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Jesse Ventura's new conspiracy show

Postby jingofever » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:51 pm

Link.

The ex-governor turns detective in a TV series that promises he will track shady characters and secret meetings.

By BOB VON STERNBERG, Star Tribune

Last update: August 5, 2009 - 5:59 AM

With careers in wrestling, movies, radio and government under his belt, Jesse Ventura is adding a line to his résumé: professional conspiracy theorist.

A television production company announced Tuesday that the former Minnesota governor will host "Conspiracy Theories With Jesse Ventura" on cable's truTV, a Turner Broadcasting System channel.

The launch of the program was initially announced last September, but apparently only a pilot was produced.

"Now I get to be a detective and seek the truth," Ventura was quoted as saying in a news release at the time.

Talking about dark conspiracies is not exactly virgin territory for Ventura. In his books and repeated TV interviews, he has repeatedly maintained that the assassination of John Kennedy and the 9/11 terrorist attacks were hatched by conspirators unknown to the general public.

His most high-profile dabbling in the Kennedy conspiracy occurred in 2002, when he led a trade mission to Cuba and directly asked Fidel Castro if he had anything to do with the assassination.

"He said to me, 'We would never be so crazy to do something like that,'" Ventura said. "I agree with him. Why would they? That would be suicide for the country of Cuba." But he has continued to characterize the assassination as a conspiracy.

According to truTV, the channel plans to send Ventura around the world to investigate a variety of unnamed conspiracies. It has ordered seven episodes, with the first due to air in October.

In a press release, truTV characterized the show this way: "Jesse Ventura, a man who has lived a dangerous life, is about to explore mysteries behind the most compelling modern-day conspiracy theories. ... Ventura will hunt down answers, plunging viewers into a world of secret meetings, midnight surveillance, shifty characters and dark forces."

Marc Juris, an executive vice president and general manager of truTV, was quoted as saying the channel "received a very positive response when we showed a preview of 'Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura' at this year's advertising upfront presentation, so it's very exciting to be able to green-light it for a full series."

Ventura's television track record has been rocky, despite his ubiquitous appearances on cable news shows. His stint as an announcer for XFL football crashed when that league did during his tenure as governor. A show he hosted on MSNBC in 2003 was canceled after a two-month run.

Ventura, who toyed with a U.S. Senate run last year, currently splits his time between Minnesota and Baja California.
jingofever

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Jesse Ventura's new conspiracy show

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:13 pm

jingofever wrote:Link.

The ex-governor turns detective in a TV series that promises he will track shady characters and secret meetings.

By BOB VON STERNBERG, Star Tribune

Last update: August 5, 2009 - 5:59 AM

With careers in wrestling, movies, radio and government under his belt, Jesse Ventura is adding a line to his résumé: professional conspiracy theorist.

Note to whistleblowers -
Don't do professional wrestling if you wan't to help the truth instead of hinder it. The recent movie, 'The Wrestler,' was made to discredit Jesse Ventura since he was doing a book tour and talking about CIA in state government, 9/11 truth, and the CIA murder of JFK.

A show he hosted on MSNBC in 2003 was canceled after a two-month run.

Ventura says his show was canceled because he didn't support the invasion of Iraq. And since his contract with MSNBC was exclusive, they just kept him off the air and paid him. So he was silenced against the war by honoring his legal contract.

That's CIA media.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby MinM » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:53 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Note to whistleblowers -
Don't do professional wrestling if you wan't to help the truth instead of hinder it. The recent movie, 'The Wrestler,' was made to discredit Jesse Ventura since he was doing a book tour and talking about CIA in state government, 9/11 truth, and the CIA murder of JFK...

The clown that played the 'Wrestler' is Pro War! Pro Bush! :thumbsup001:

Mickey Rourke Doesn't Blame Bush! - Confessions of a Closet Republican

Monday January 12,2009

ACTOR Mickey Rourke sympathises with U.S. President George W Bush - insisting he doesn't know how any politician could have successfully navigated America after the 9/11 attacks on New York...

Mickey Rourke caught making out with Evan Rachel Wood at SAG bash! | The Dish Rag | Los Angeles Times

Ironically the 21-year old actress hanging out with the old dude is probably much more politically astute and aware than Rourke. She's the daughter of Ira David Wood III:

http://www.blackopradio.com/black408a.ram
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Maddy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:56 pm

Is that a goddess pendant around his neck? Curious minds want to know.
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby Nordic » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:14 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:The recent movie, 'The Wrestler,' was made to discredit Jesse Ventura since he was doing a book tour and talking about CIA in state government, 9/11 truth, and the CIA murder of JFK.

See, Hugh, when you make claims like that, you totally destroy any credibility you may have built up with anybody.

You reveal yourself to be completely nuts.

Which is really too bad.

You don't know ANYTHING about the film business, and you find connections where they simply do not exist in any way.
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:25 am

It is unfortunate that the show has "Conspiracy Theory" in the title but there has to be a new Oliver Stone figure and Ventura will do.

Nordic wrote:
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:The recent movie, 'The Wrestler,' was made to discredit Jesse Ventura since he was doing a book tour and talking about CIA in state government, 9/11 truth, and the CIA murder of JFK.

See, Hugh, when you make claims like that, you totally destroy any credibility you may have built up with anybody.

I wish people would include some substance in their posts instead of just the equivalent of "naaaah." Generic claims, like professorpan's, that 'that's just not how movies work' don't make any case at all. If you have specific insider knowledge about a production you'd care to share, do so. For what that's worth.

I've examined Siegel's work in 'The Wrestler' and 'Big Fan.'
And the studios and distributors.

'Big Fan' - About Oswalt's relationship to Bishop.
Know that story. It's one that Ventura's co-author has written about.

Jesse Ventura has been countered in Hollywood as a potential loose-cannon political problem ever since the end of his mayoral stint in '95 before he was a governor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_Ventura (every animal but...)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_(film)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109120/ (worst attired seal ever...)

He won a big settlement against a sports business back then, too.
Not exactly the role model fascism wants in its spectacle gladiators.

Not only was Ventura making sounds about running in '08 for the Senate, he published a dangerous book April '08 co-authored with a significant JFK researcher, Dick Russell, author of 'The Man Who Knew Too Much' about triple agent Richard Case Nagell.

As you succinctly put in in another thread-
Nordic wrote:.....
The triumph of the ruling class is they have turned the whole image of revolting against them into the "college professors with low muscle mass" image.

And your Marlboro Man is now a Repub.

That's called "branding" and they've done a brilliant job of it over the last two generations or so.

Well said. And precisely why a script about a bottomed out wrestler would be produced when it was.

Last edited by Hugh Manatee Wins on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby barracuda » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:31 am

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_(film)

Reassess.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:46 am

Don't do professional wrestling if you wan't to help the truth instead of hinder it. The recent movie, 'The Wrestler,' was made to discredit Jesse Ventura since he was doing a book tour and talking about CIA in state government, 9/11 truth, and the CIA murder of JFK.

No it fucking wasn't. The Wrestler was something that had been on Darren Aronofsky's plate for over a decade. I've been a huge fan of his since Pi came out in 1998. Have you even seen The Wrestler? It's a damn damn good movie, despite Darren's usual bizarre surreal movies.

You should see Pi, its all about Kabballah-sacred geometry-chaos math-hacking weirdness.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:57 am

The recent movie, 'The Wrestler,' was made to discredit Jesse Ventura

I wish people would include some substance in their posts instead of just the equivalent of "naaaah."

FWIW, I interpret your assertion that The Wrestler was made to discredit Jesse Ventura as the "Yeah, uh huh!" to the "naaaaah" that followed.

You have provided no SUBSTANCE to this allegation, other than the association that Jesse Ventura was once (GASP!), a wrestler. If you're going to make such statements, please explain on what basis you conclude that movie was made to discredit Ventura and how the hell a Jim Carey movie from more than a decade ago ties into it. And if you could do so without simply citing a generic entry in a military psyops manual, that would help you avoid the nearly-instant "naaaah, you're insane" response. There is a reason you draw that response so frequently, and the reason is not because you are the only one on earth who understands social control based advertising.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby jingofever » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:05 am

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:I've examined Siegel's work in 'The Wrestler' and 'The Fan.'
And the studios and distributors.

'The Fan' - About Oswalt's relationship to Bishop.

You haven't examined enough to even get the title of the movie right.
jingofever

Postby orz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:47 am

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Image

'The Fan'

Incredible. Not the first time he's done it though.
Last edited by orz on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
orz

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:48 am

8bitagent wrote:

No it fucking wasn't. The Wrestler was something that had been on Darren Aronofsky's plate for over a decade.

Your making my case for me.

For the zillionth damn time.

Most movie psyops is just finding product that's been sitting around and getting it out to the public. Lots of ways to make that happen with people not knowing why it happens.

You couldn't think of that? I had to write it out?
Would that numerology you love so much have helped? Sheesh.

I'm burned out on this board. It's not worth even trying to get into it with spending all day and night spelling things out that are obvious.

Yes, the universe is just a hologram and it's winking at you!
Let Zap show you his synchronicity blog.
:hamster:
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby orz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:52 am

Most movie psyops is just finding product that's been sitting around and getting it out to the public.

Guys, has anyone seen my goalposts? I'm SURE I left them around here SOMEWHERE...

Mods is it possible to make this Hugh's mandatory signature file? -
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Image

'The Fan'
orz

Postby orz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:53 am

or you know, ban him.
orz

Postby orz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:03 am

I'm burned out on this board.

Best news I've heard all day.