chump

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Animal Uprising Thread

Postby chump » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:26 am

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/n ... nside-den/

Man lives after bear breaks his spine and keeps him for food inside den

By The Siberian Times reporter
26 June 2019

Alexander described as a ‘speaking mummy’ found by hunting dogs close to death after a month. UPDATED!

Man lives after bear breaks his spine and keeps him as food inside den. File image of a brown bear by Mikhail Korostelev 

WARNING STRONG IMAGES!

The emaciated man from Russia’s remote Republic of Tuva was preserved as ‘tin-can’ food to eat later by a brown bear, say local reports in the region.

A group of local hunters found Alexander after their dogs refused to leave the area of the den. 

Their persistent barking pushed the hunters to check inside the lair, where they found a barely-alive man. He was rushed to the local hospital and has been diagnosed with a broken spine and severe emaciation. 

Alexander remembers his first name but not his age, and was reportedly in the den for around one month, drinking urine to survive. 

He is now in the intenstive care with multiple injuries and rotting skin. 

He can move his arms, local hospital doctors said.

Local medics say they cannot explain how the man survived such injuries. Picture: EADily

A video shows Alexander opening his blue eyes and confirming his first name.
It is as yet unclear if he was a hunter, too, and how his encounter with the bear happened. 

He managed to explain that he was attacked and dragged inside the den when he broke his spine.

The attack happened approximately a month ago, Alexander said. 

‘The bear preserved me as food for later’, he explained.

A video filmed inside the local hospital shows that the man turned into a ‘speaking mummy’ with his tissues rotting after laying motionless for so long. 

Local medics say they cannot explain how the man survived such injuries.

UPDATE: 

The story on the bear man was reported by major Russian newspaper Izvestia and news agency EADaily.

But a spokesman at the health ministry in Tyva Republic said: 'We cannot confirm the case happened in Tuva.

'It was not registered by the Ministry of Health, the Emergencies Ministry or any other official body (in the region).

'Most probably, it happened somewhere outside Tuva.'

Speech on the background in the video appears not to be local language Tuvan.
chump

Postby Cordelia » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:02 am

Exquisite creature!

"Lurking..." in its own territory. :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZT-_VbKBuc
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Grizzly » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:19 am

[img]PjAM5j3[/img]
https://imgur.com/gallery/PjAM5j3

Started the day off w/ some positive...

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/PjAM5j3"><a href="//imgur.com/a/PjAM5j3">After many attempts, this brave man successfully removed a tire from a seal lion’s neck</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

After many attempts, this brave man successfully removed a tire from a seal lion’s neck..
if anyone knows how to embed this, please do...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Cordelia » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:18 am

^^^Thanks for this Griz; made my morning. Couldn't embed but found it on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckzVAr9ASsw

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:51 pm

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uuns8gqzFo
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Harvey » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:12 pm

From The Guardian so wash your hands after reading. Doesn't really belong here but...

House orders Pentagon to review if it exposed Americans to weaponised ticks

The US House of Representatives has called for an investigation into whether the spread of Lyme disease had its roots in a Pentagon experiment in weaponising ticks.

The House approved an amendment proposed by a Republican congressman from New Jersey, Chris Smith, instructing the defence department’s inspector general to conduct a review of whether the US “experimented with ticks and other insects regarding use as a biological weapon between the years of 1950 and 1975”.

The review would have to assess the scope of the experiment and “whether any ticks or insects used in such experiment were released outside of any laboratory by accident or experiment design”.

The amendment was approved by a voice vote in the House and added to a defence spending bill, but the bill still has to be reconciled with a Senate version.

Smith said the amendment was inspired by “a number of books and articles suggesting that significant research had been done at US government facilities including Fort Detrick, Maryland, and Plum Island, New York, to turn ticks and other insects into bioweapons”.

A new book published in May by a Stanford University science writer and former Lyme sufferer, Kris Newby, has raised questions about the origins of the disease, which affects 400,000 Americans each year.

Bitten: The Secret History of Lyme Disease and Biological Weapons, cites the Swiss-born discoverer of the Lyme pathogen, Willy Burgdorfer, as saying that the Lyme epidemic was a military experiment that had gone wrong.

Burgdorfer, who died in 2014, worked as a bioweapons researcher for the US military and said he was tasked with breeding fleas, ticks, mosquitoes and other blood-sucking insects, and infecting them with pathogens that cause human diseases.

According to the book, there were programs to drop “weaponised” ticks and other bugs from the air, and that uninfected bugs were released in residential areas in the US to trace how they spread. It suggests that such a scheme could have gone awry and led to the eruption of Lyme disease in the US in the 1960s.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... me-disease?
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby 82_28 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:04 am

Watch: Hundreds of goats escape, tear through Issaquah neighborhood

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... ghborhood/

There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Cordelia » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:39 pm

^^^i love the dog joining them mid-way.

Cordelia

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:33 am

I caught that, too. :lol: I was thinking it's a Great Pyrenees charged with guarding the flock. When they all decide to abscond, what else is a GP to do? I have one, and she's a very interesting and highly intelligent dog and is a challenge for me even after having a number of different breeds over the years. We knock heads occasionally over differences of opinion. :wallhead:
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby 82_28 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:27 pm

That dog is stoked as hell.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:28 pm

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - It was a true "Holy cow!" moment in downtown Colorado Springs Friday when a longhorn got loose and ran at a group of people before being wrangled inside a building lobby.

It happened as the Ride for the Brand Cattle Drive was taking place downtown.

https://www.krdo.com/news/longhorn-gets ... 1102993057
82_28

Postby PufPuf93 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:46 pm

Bear and Sheriff’s Vehicle Collide on Highway 96, Causing Fire

After a crash that left a Humboldt County Sheriff’s vehicle engulfed in flames, waves of foam cover the ground around it. [6 photos provided by the Hoopa Fire Department at link]
Information from the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office:

On 8/3/19 at about 11:00 PM hours, Deputies were responding to a reported drug overdose in Orleans. Deputies were utilizing their emergency lights and sirens and traveling north on Hwy 96, when what appeared to be a bear, fell from the east embankment and landed on the passenger side hood and windshield area of the patrol vehicle.

The patrol vehicle then struck the embankment, overturned, and came to rest on its side. The collision caused the ignition of fire which completely burned the patrol vehicle.
The Deputy was able to escape the patrol vehicle and was not seriously injured.

As the patrol vehicle burned, a vegetation fire started on the embankment. Fire Crews responded and extinguished the fire. The California Highway Patrol responded and investigated the collision.
Thanks to the Hoopa Fire crew who kept the fire from spreading and stayed with it all night. Also thanks to the Hoopa Volunteer Fire Department, the CHP, Caltrans and the ambulance crew that was dispatched for all their assistance.

There’s no word on what happened to the bear.

http://kymkemp.com/2019/08/07/bear-and- ... sing-fire/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear drops out of sky to destroy Sheriff vehicle, bear not to be found. Also wonder about who is drug OD in Orleans.

This local to me. Bear come in to my yard.
PufPuf93

Postby 82_28 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:35 am

I guess this link belongs here and has some pertinence as to the captivity of any living thing.

What to Make of the Lioness Who Killed and Ate Her Cubs After They Were Born

A lioness in a zoo in Leipzig, Germany showed humans exactly what she thought about the ideology of motherly love when she ate her two cubs two days after she birthed them. And this lioness, named Kigali, apparently ate the cubs for the sake of eating them. She was not hungry. She is regularly fed. She does not have to hunt to make ends meet. She only has to stand around and be seen by humans for their enjoyment. Kigali apparently made a point of really eating these cubs. There was nothing left of them when she was done. "Because Kigali ate the cubs in their entirety, an autopsy cannot be performed on them to determine whether they were ill, which may have triggered their mother's actions," reports CNN.

The zoo's spokesperson, Maria Saegebarth, told CNN that "this is a kind of natural behavior as it happens in nature, too." That's certainly one way of making sense of the "shocking" and "sad" incident. She's a lion, which means she is ruled by the blood-dripping laws of tooth-and-claw. You can take the big cat out of the jungle, but you can never take the jungle out of the big cat. This is the human attempting to accept (come to terms with) the perspective of a brute. But what if the human took the flat perspective of the human-as-animal? Most would immediately call this framing anthropomorphising, and reject it outright. And how can we blame them? One only has to look at the movie The Lion King to see the non-stop absurdities of making lions and other animals exactly like humans.

Nevertheless, the wholesale rejection of anthropomorphism makes the mistake of conflating an anthromophosizing which is impoverished (The Lion King), and one that is really rich. The former does not see the animal in the human, the latter does. If the animal (or mammal) in the human and the lion are connected, then we are not just freed from the poverty of the jungle laws logic but can also recognize, as a bonus (and added richness), the significance of Toni Morrison's recent death to this sad zoo story.

Now, the underlying assumption that the lioness ate her cubs because it's in her nature, rather than her situation, is that lions, as a whole, cannot differentiate life in the wild from life in captivity. For a lion, it has to be all the same. In this situation (the jungle), it is hunting for meat; in this other situation (zoo), it's provided by a human. The mental capacity of the lion, according to this view (which sees itself as the negative of anthropomorphism), is so feeble that both situations (free/not free) are to it identical. But the human has the mental capacity to make this discernment. It knows what freedom is, even if it is not born free. The mind of the human is of a much higher grade of awareness than that which we find in animals trapped in zoos.

But if we anthropomorphize in a rich way (animal-to-animal), we can see similarities between the lioness's destruction of her cubs in the Leipzig zoo to the main character in Toni Morrison's most famous novel Beloved? (RIP, Morrison.) Based on a true story, the 1987 book is about an escaped slave, Sethe, who attempted to kill all of her children when her master found her and her children and wanted to return them to his plantation, Sweet Home. Sethe's reasoning: Slavery is so bad that it's better to be dead. She succeeds in killing only one of her children, her two-year-old daughter (chainsaw to the toddler's neck). She did this not out of hate but a love that's so profound that it upset the natural order of the world.

The lioness in Leipzig killed all of her cubs.

Now, those who believe that their view of the very bloody incident represents the lion's perspective, will say: this sort of thing happens now and then in nature and in captivity. But if we read the lioness's story in the terms of Beloved, we do not get anything like the nature story or the The Lion King one. We instead see an incident that's deeply disturbing to humans. These animals know what's happening to them. They know what a zoo is. They are like us. They want out.

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2019/0 ... -were-born
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:26 am

Alligators caught climbing fences and swimming across roads in Florida

Most people know alligators get just about everywhere in Florida, but now they've really leveled up.

It continues of course. . .

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/18/us/allig ... index.html
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion