"Nothing is Real"; 'live' CNN coverage, 1991 Gulf

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

caution: graphic images

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:26 pm

No comment on the fake 'spotlights in Marine's faces' incident or the attempt to viral market a euphemism?

Typical. Seems the doubters just focused on my CIA-Hollywood reference.
Which is why movies are primary psyops vehicles in the first place. duh.

Perhaps a little imagery clarification of what the kidz must not see as real in Gulf War I, the Highway of Death.
So they get a decoy from CIA-Disney and Tim Burton.

Because that's the job of CIA for Kidz, to make sure
NOTHING IS REAL....certainly not 'shock and awe' and skeletons...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Burton ... _Christmas
Jack assigns Lock, Shock and Barrel...to abduct Santa...
Jack is believed to be an imposter attempting to imitate Santa, and the military goes on alert to blast him out of the sky.

10/1993 'Nightmare Before Christmas' lead character, "Jack Skellington"-

*CAUTION: Graphic images of death.*

Hey, kidz! Want some of this honor and glory? Well, sign right up for the U.S. Army!

“Even in Vietnam I didn’t see anything like this. It’s pathetic.“

— Major Bob Nugent
Army intelligence officer

From the WAR CRIMES Report
of the International War Crimes Tribunal
http://deoxy.org/wc/wc-index.htm:

[The above photo is of the] incinerated body of an Iraqi soldier on the “Highway of Death”, a name the press has given to the road from Mutlaa, Kuwait, to Basra, Iraq. U.S. planes immobilized the convoy by disabling vehicles at its front and rear, then bombing and strafing the resulting traffic jam for hours. More than 2,000 vehicles and tens of thousands of charred and dismembered bodies littered the sixty miles of highway.

The clear rapid incineration of the human being [pictured above] suggests the use of napalm, phosphorus, or other incendiary bombs. These are anti-personnel weapons outlawed under the 1977 Geneva Protocols. This massive attack occurred after Saddam Hussein announced a complete troop withdrawal from Kuwait in compliance with UN Resolution 660.

Such a massacre of withdrawing Iraqi soldiers violates the Geneva Convention of 1949, common article 3, which outlaws the killing of soldiers who “are out of combat”.

There are, in addition, strong indications that many of those killed were Palestinian and Kuwaiti civilians trying to escape the impending siege of Kuwait City and the return of Kuwaiti armed forces. No attempt was made by U.S. military command to distinguish between military personnel and civilians on the “highway of death”. The whole intent of international law with regard to war is to prevent just this sort of indiscriminate and excessive use of force.

“There are also indications that some of those bombed during the withdrawal were Palestinians and Iraqi civilians. According to Time magazine of March 18, 1991, not just military vehicles, but cars, buses and trucks were also hit. In many cases, cars were loaded with Palestinian families and all their possessions.”

— Joyce Chediac
Report presented at the New York Commission hearing
May 11, 1991

"...cars were loaded with Palestinian families"...
So death from the air found lots of kidz...
ImageImage

...thanks to US Ambassador April Glaspie's clever entrapment of Saddam Hussein by coyly not deterring his plans and implying a green light to invade Kuwait just so Uncle Sam could charge in and start the permanent oil occupation...

Trick or Treat! Or...both.
Last edited by Hugh Manatee Wins on Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Iroquois » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:03 pm

I suggest watching this version, also linked to in the cannonfire post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTWY14eyMFg

I can see how this would have had comedic value to a the CNN crew, even if they saw staging a 'live' broadcast as a mostly harmless means to spice up a news segment that portrayed an event that was otherwise real to them, just not at the moment they were filming. Jaco donning the mask when Rochelle did not and their clumsy attempts to explain their different responses to the situation would certainly have made for a good inside joke.

I'm curious, though. This has been out for at least a year. Does anyone know the source? And, if it is a Christmas skit in the vein of SNL that was leaked, an official response from CNN would seem appropriate.

Also, if it was a skit, then the addition of the brief channel changes was a clever touch. It really added a sense of legitimacy.
Iroquois

Postby wha? » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:15 pm

wha?
wha?

Postby elephant » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:19 am

Okay, I can't resist. So I'll ask: what evidence is there with this video (or, rather, this compilation of video material) to indicate that a CNN live shot was faked?

What does the reporter and crew goofing around have to do with anything?
elephant

Re: "Nothing is Real"; 'live' CNN coverage, 1991 Gulf

Postby Simulist » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Just ran across this:

Former CNN Reporter Threatens Suit After Bloggers Accuse Him of 'Fake' News

(http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lachlan-ma ... im-fake-ne)
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby elfismiles » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:52 pm

Thanks simulist. Saw that headline elsewhere and immediately thought of that clip and wondered if it was the source of the suit.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

- SMiles
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:29 pm

"Writes Mike Anderson of STLMedia.net,

That video is such garbage. It’s like a kids’ show, made-up BS. Monty Python-esque. Yes, it was staged, of course it was. And that’s a confirmation from a been-there-done-that American war veteran who, on that very day, had family members at peril for their lives from rocket attacks on their homes in Israel, who were actually wearing gas masks and sealing off portions of their homes to create safe environments.

This report from Jaco is a fraud. And, Mr. Jaco, if you disagree, please have your attorney contact me.

Jaco claims in his memo that all of his reporting was done from the roof of a hotel in Saudi Arabia, and that the studio backdrop was erected to protect against wind and sand storms. The post-broadcast joking, he claimed, was merely a technique for dealing with the stresses of the possibility of a SCUD missile attack."

-- that retort by "Jaco" above only fuels the farcical nature of the clip... a "technique" for dealing with the stresses of the possibility of a missile attack... shot on the roof of a hotel in Saudi Arabia.. with studio backdrops...

Perhaps he's simply a brilliant satirist ahead of the curve, so much so that his erudite wit goes over even our 'rigorously intuitive' heads...
Belligerent Savant

Postby Iroquois » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:03 am

wha? wrote:wha?

Yeah, I wish I had a good explanation for that one.

And, thanks also Simulist. It's good to hear someone has the time and warewithal to go after those bastards. Even if it doesn't stick, its noble that they are putting in the effort.
Iroquois

Oops!1!1! CNN did it again...

Postby MinM » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Nordic » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:31 pm

Thanks for posting this. I saw this last night. I would like to see a version of this video that hasn't been edited (with the repeated frames, and the heavy dramatic music) by infowars (assuming it was edited by them because the link where I saw this was there.)

That would be good to find.

If it wasn't infowars who edited it, do we know who did? It's really annoying that they editorialized it so much with the heavy music and repeats that we now associate with "conspirotainment" videos.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Nothing is real? Everything is staged? Who was it that said or wrote "All the world's a stage"?
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby StarmanSkye » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:34 pm

This vid, Psywar, ought to belong here as it details the methods used to manipulate public opinion to supporting the pretext and conduct of war, specifically many events fabricated in the '03 invasion of Iraq such as the staged toppling of Saddam's statue by the Rendon Group, which worked closely with the Pentagon Psychological Warfare group. Rendon created some 50 fabricated 'news event' spectacles during the early stages of US's invasion of Iraq. Military-briefed psy-warriers were embedded in mainstream 'news' studios to provide a scripted commentary 'analysis'.

Public relations is now a $200 billion-dollar-year industry. There's NO reason to think it isn't now involved, conspiring to manipulate public perceptions about the US's foreign policy agenda in Syria and Iran.

Its all so very, very sick -- Independant 'news' services openly selling massive war-crimes and abuse of power for duplicious ends. What POSSIBLE good can come of this?

StarmanSkye

Postby Nordic » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:49 pm

Be nice to have someone hack the Rendon Group right about now and find out what they're up to these days.
Nordic

Postby Pierre d'Achoppement » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Nordic wrote:I would like to see a version of this video that hasn't been edited (with the repeated frames, and the heavy dramatic music) by infowars (assuming it was edited by them because the link where I saw this was there.)

^from the description: "In about two weeks, veteran newsman, Charles Jaco, will step away from the microphone at KTRS to devote all of his attention to his work at FOX2. Wanna see a pro in action? In 1991, Charles was on location for CNN in Saudi, Arabia during the early stages of the Persian Gulf War. That's when the sirens went off and Charles went on. In these days of phony, over-hyped news nonsense, it doesn't get anymore genuinely dramatic than this."
Jeff: I'm afraid that Earth, a-all of Earth, is nothing but an intergalactic reality-TV show.
Man 2: My God. We're famous! [everyone stands and whoops it up]
- script from "Cancelled" - South Park
Pierre d'Achoppement

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Nordic » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:23 am

I was actually referring to the video of the guy in Syria.
Nordic

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion