12 dead in Fort Hood shooting spree

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Percival » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:56 pm

lightningBugout wrote:
Percival wrote:I feel bad for muslims, another stain on their religion unfortunately.

Not at all. No more than Columbine was a stain on the goth subculture or Virginia Tech was a stain on Korean-Americans. Or Paris Hilton is a stain on the offspring of hotel magnates.

Unless of course you want to also argue that his aid for soldiers suffering from PTSD forced on them by the war machine was a positive reflection on his religion, also.

Otherwise what you're proffering is pure and unadulterated Islam exceptionalism. He had an Arabic name. Seems perfectly likely he will end up being a practicing Muslim, but we don't even know that yet.

Tell that to all the fox news watching ignorant American right wingers who will further discriminate against and blame Muslims for this.

I didnt mean it was an actual stain on Islam of course, but to many Americans it will be perceived as such.

I have already seen MANY comments on forums and such that ALL Muslims should be removed from the military because of this and that they are all secretly working together to undermine the US military (muslims in the US military that is).
THAT is what I was referring to, IGNORANCE.
Last edited by Percival on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Percival

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Sweejak » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:57 pm

I think we can safely say that this was an inside job.
Sweejak

Postby Percival » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:59 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:
Percival wrote:I feel bad for muslims, another stain on their religion unfortunately.

Most Fucked Up Comment of the Thread Award goes to.....

Uh I think you may have misunderstood. I am speaking for the Fox News crowd not myself. Thanks.
Percival

Postby n0x23 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:01 pm

Agreed. Sounds like a made up back story. I couldnt believe it when I read it.

I listened to the part of the interview of the Colonel and he actually stated that Hasan said that the US Military are the aggressors in Iraq and they should pull-out and employ diplomacy and if they don't, the Muslims should stand up against the aggressors, NOT that Muslims should rise up against the USA, as the article claims.

this retired colonel observed the shooter getting more and more agitated over the last 6 months

This is also twisted.
Hasan wasn't agitated for no reason, implying mental instability as the article suggests..
The Colonel claimed that Hasan became agitated with Bush and his foreign policy and continued military presence in Iraq.

While I don't believe the Colonels claims for one second, it's blatantly obvious how even more distorted and and spun this article is.

Ps. The Colonel also claimed in the interview that Hasan was an Islamic convert.
Wrong.
His parents emigrated here from Jordan before Hasan was even born
How in the hell would this so-called Colonel know that Hasan was a convert?
Give me a break. :roll:
"No God no Brahma can be found
No matter of this wheel of life,
Just bare phenomena roll
Dependent on conditions all."
n0x23

Postby Percival » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:02 pm

lightningBugout wrote:
Sweejak wrote:Fox video interview with Ret. Col. Terry Lee.

http://tinyurl.com/yhya4c7

This is the most unbelievable pile of dogshit I think I have ever heard.

Prepare to hear a lot more of it, hence my comment of a stain on Islam. Ignorant Americans will use this to further discriminate against Muslims.
Percival

Postby smallprint » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:02 pm

xsicbastardx wrote:The congressman from Ft Hood was just on MSNBC, said that the Army officer he talked to said he heard small and semi automatic weapons....

.....and the spinning begins......

I noticed the story changing. The first reports almost all said that there were at least 2, and possibly 3 shooters. And at least 3 other soldiers besides Hasan were reported in custody. And now they are saying that Hasan was the only shooter? And he shot 42-43 people, with handguns, all by his lonesome?

Doesn't compute.
His mind now misgave him; he began to doubt whether both he and the world around him were not bewitched.
smallprint

Postby Percival » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:06 pm

I say inside job to further alienate Muslims in America and get Americans back board supporting the war effort. It will work, most Americans buy this crap hook line and sinker.

It could be exactly what it appears to be, one guy pushed to the brink, but I think there may be more to it.
Percival

Postby lightningBugout » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:07 pm

So the guy grew up in Navy hotbed Roanoke and went to Virginia Tech and works as a military psychiatrist. And he snaps and goes on a shooting rampage. Uh huh.

To add to that, it would appear from my own research that many of the MC programs in the late 1970s and early 1980s (when he would've been exposed to them) had been transferred to the Navy.

Quick send me a picture of a cat wrapped in tinfoil. For shame.....
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

Postby smallprint » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:12 pm

n0x23 wrote:The shooter was another Lone Gunman. :shock:
The other two suspects were questioned and have been released.

Cousin of the shooter claims that Hasan didn't even like going to the shooting range and that he was a complete pacifist.

Born into a Muslim family, but claimed no specific religious affiliations or practice.

The contradictions are racking up.

If this guy didn't even like guns (and that makes sense for an MD/Psychiatrist) and he definitely was never in combat, how did he pick off 43 other soldiers with a few handguns?

And how exactly do trained soldiers mistake a single gunman for 2, or even 3?

Give me a break.
His mind now misgave him; he began to doubt whether both he and the world around him were not bewitched.
smallprint

Postby Sweejak » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:13 pm

lightningBugout wrote:

Watching Fox makes me literally queasy, but there is some interesting info in the interview.
Sweejak

Postby Percival » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:13 pm

lightningBugout wrote:So the guy grew up in Navy hotbed Roanoke and went to Virginia Tech and works as a military psychiatrist. And he snaps and goes on a shooting rampage. Uh huh.

To add to that, it would appear from my own research that many of the MC programs in the late 1970s and early 1980s (when he would've been exposed to them) had been transferred to the Navy.

Quick send me a picture of a cat wrapped in tinfoil. For shame.....

Yes and this all happens a week before some very unpopular large scale deployments to the middle east take place, deployments which he was supposed to be a part of, I am now seeing people who were against those deployments cheering them on because its time for us to fight back now you see. :roll:
Percival

Postby lightningBugout » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:13 pm

Sweejak wrote:
lightningBugout wrote:

Watching Fox makes me literally queasy, but there is some interesting info in the interview.

Did you think the Col. sounded really nervous? I did. And what are the chances that, had the accused made nearly any of the statements it is purported he did, that he would've not been very rapidly investigated by MPs or whomever is responsible for internal affairs?
Last edited by lightningBugout on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

Postby Sweejak » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:14 pm

MIB's

(CNN) -- A senior officer who was playing golf Thursday near Fort Hood, Texas, told CNN he witnessed the arrest of one of the two surviving suspects of the shooting at the Army installation.

Shortly after the shooting, the officer said, military police told him to clear the course and he saw other MPs surround the building that held the golf carts, he said.

The senior officer said he ducked into a nearby house for cover as 30 to 40 cars carrying MPs approached.

He said he saw a soldier in battle-dress uniform, his hands in the air. The MPs ordered him to lie on the ground and open his uniform, presumably to ensure he was not carrying explosives, the senior officer said.

He said an MP told him that authorities considered the man to be a suspect in the shootings after having overheard the man say he was with the shooter.

The man was surrounded for 25 to 30 minutes, until a convoy of vehicles arrived, led by a Ford Crown Victoria and carrying men in suits, and he was taken away, the senior officer said.

The golf course is about 2.5 miles from Fort Hood, the officer told CNN.

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/g ... spect.html
Sweejak

Postby Percival » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:16 pm

smallprint wrote:
n0x23 wrote:The shooter was another Lone Gunman. :shock:
The other two suspects were questioned and have been released.

Cousin of the shooter claims that Hasan didn't even like going to the shooting range and that he was a complete pacifist.

Born into a Muslim family, but claimed no specific religious affiliations or practice.

The contradictions are racking up.

If this guy didn't even like guns (and that makes sense for an MD/Psychiatrist) and he definitely was never in combat, how did he pick off 43 other soldiers with a few handguns?

And how exactly do trained soldiers mistake a single gunman for 2, or even 3?

Give me a break.

Well he still would have had to qualify on the range every year but I see your point. I dont know how many people were around him when he started shooting but its not that hard to just start firing a semi auto and picking people off, but I think there is no doubt there was more than one shooter involved and they were all likely Agent Ps.
Percival

Postby smallprint » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:16 pm

Holy crap!

Ft Hood spokesman says shooter is still alive, and in the hospital!
smallprint

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion