How Bad Is Global Warming?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: How Bad Is Global Warming?

Postby PufPuf93 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:38 pm

DrEvil » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:01 am wrote:
Nordic » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:20 am wrote:RI is a better place if you put on "ignore". Then you can more easily ignore his ignorance.

I've tried blocking people before, *cough*BenD*cough*, but I just can't help myself, I have to read it out of morbid fascination and despair at how ignorant some people can be.

backtoiam: Natural News' "politics" is that he's called on people to murder GMO proponents. The site is garbage and the guy running it is nuts (and has a nice sideline in selling email spamming software).

PS! If you stretch your mind too far it breaks.

The internet is a place to read or view a variety of opinions.

That said, one of my guilty internet pleasures is looking at train wrecks, conflicts, sophism, and weirdness.

Not picking or casting asparagus on anyone here.

PufPuf93

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby backtoiam » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:03 pm

Dr. Evil

Natural News' "politics" is that he's called on people to murder GMO proponents. The site is garbage and the guy running it is nuts (and has a nice sideline in selling email spamming software).

Really? I would like to see that quote if you don't mind. But Monsanto has contributed so much to humanity. Why would he do such an evil thing? All they did was kill off our bee colonies and poison the planet. No sense in beating up on Monsanto though right?

And he has a successful email market software which makes him evil for trying to make a living. That is some Bill Gates evil shit right there.

As an evil climate change denier you would call for my death or incarceration tomorrow. So what is the difference?

(excuse me, i have to go take my turmeric root now, anti inflammatory, disease fighter, and blood thinner that doesn't work of course, its all in my stretched mind but I believe it)
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby Nordic » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:05 pm

DrEvil » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:01 pm wrote:
Nordic » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:20 am wrote:RI is a better place if you put on "ignore". Then you can more easily ignore his ignorance.

I've tried blocking people before, *cough*BenD*cough*, but I just can't help myself, I have to read it out of morbid fascination and despair at how ignorant some people can be.

backtoiam: Natural News' "politics" is that he's called on people to murder GMO proponents. The site is garbage and the guy running it is nuts (and has a nice sideline in selling email spamming software).

In usually all for that but the person in question here is about as original as a Thomas Kincade painting. Everything he spouts is pure cliche. It's not worth my time, or anybody's. I don't come here for that.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby backtoiam » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:12 pm

RI, (some of it) the new conspiracy anti conspiracy site that was founded on the bedrock of conspiracy. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby DrEvil » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:44 pm

backtoiam » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:03 pm wrote:
Dr. Evil

Natural News' "politics" is that he's called on people to murder GMO proponents. The site is garbage and the guy running it is nuts (and has a nice sideline in selling email spamming software).

Really? I would like to see that quote if you don't mind. But Monsanto has contributed so much to humanity. Why would he do such an evil thing? All they did was kill off our bee colonies and poison the planet. No sense in beating up on Monsanto though right?

And he has a successful email market software which makes him evil for trying to make a living. That is some Bill Gates evil shit right there.

As an evil climate change denier you would call for my death or incarceration tomorrow. So what is the difference?

(excuse me, i have to go take my turmeric root now, anti inflammatory, disease fighter, and blood thinner that doesn't work of course, its all in my stretched mind but I believe it)

Here you go:
http://web.archive.org/web/201407251715 ... or-murder/
(Warning: there are some horrible pictures at the link, including of Holocaust victims)

The relevant bit:
Interestingly, just yesterday German President Joachim Gauck celebrated the lives of those brave Nazi officers who attempted to assassinate Adolf Hitler in 1944. (1) Their attempted Wolf’s Lair bombing failed, but it was an honorable attempt to rid the world of tremendous evil by killing one of the people responsible for it.

This official ceremony sends a message to the world, and that official message from the nation of Germany to the rest of the world says that it is the moral right — and even the obligation — of human beings everywhere to actively plan and carry out the killing of those engaged in heinous crimes against humanity.

This fundamental philosophical truth is now enshrined in history by the highest office of the nation of Germany herself, the very nation where mass government propaganda spearheaded by a highly-charismatic political leader drove the population to commit genocide in the name of “peace.”

Note that it's from the wayback machine since Mike Adams removed it after getting "some" backlash.

Would it be too much to ask for you to not make shit up?

Oh wait. I forgot who I was talking to.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby PufPuf93 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:48 pm

I have been enjoying the CERN website.

CERN experiment points to a cloudier pre-industrial climate

25 May 2016

Geneva, 26 May 2016. In two papers1,2 published today in the journal Nature, new results from the CLOUD3 experiment at CERN4 imply the baseline pristine pre-industrial climate may have been cloudier than presently thought. CLOUD shows that organic vapours emitted by trees produce abundant aerosol particles in the atmosphere in the absence of sulphuric acid. Previously it was thought that sulphuric acid – which largely arises from fossil fuels – was essential to initiate aerosol particle formation. CLOUD finds that these so-called biogenic vapours are also key to the growth of the newly-formed particles up to sizes where they can seed clouds.

“These results are the most important so far by the CLOUD experiment at CERN,” said CLOUD spokesperson, Jasper Kirkby. “When the nucleation and growth of pure biogenic aerosol particles is included in climate models, it should sharpen our understanding of the impact of human activities on clouds and climate.”

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) considers that the increase in aerosols and clouds since pre-industrial times represents one of the largest sources of uncertainty in climate change5. CLOUD is designed to understand how new aerosol particles form and grow in the atmosphere, and their effect on clouds and climate.

CLOUD also finds that ions from galactic cosmic rays strongly enhance the production rate of pure biogenic particles – by a factor 10-100 compared with particles without ions. This suggests that cosmic rays may have played a more important role in aerosol and cloud formation in pre-industrial times than in today’s polluted atmosphere.

A paper published simultaneously in Science (Bianchi, F., et al. Science, doi 10.1126/ science.aad5456(link is external), 2016) describes an observation of pure organic nucleation at the Jungfraujoch observatory by the same mechanism reported by CLOUD. The measurements did not involve CLOUD directly but most of the authors are also members of the CLOUD collaboration.

“The observation of pure organic nucleation at the Jungfraujoch is very satisfying,” said Kirkby. “It confirms that the same process discovered by CLOUD in the laboratory also takes place in the atmosphere.”

Videos:

- CLOUD experiment – How it works

- CERN experiment points to a cloudier pre-industrial climate

- Footage and animations about CLOUD experiment

Photos:

Available here.

https://press.cern/press-releases/2016/ ... al-climate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know how we speak of "Purple mountains majesty" and the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Great Smoky Mountains?

That is because conifer trees exhale terpenes besides oxygen and the various terpenes bind with water in the atmosphere to give the smoky and blue or purple cast to the atmosphere.

Terpenes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terpene

Terpenes (/ˈtɜːrpiːn/) are a large and diverse class of organic compounds, produced by a variety of plants, particularly conifers,[1] though also by some insects such as termites or swallowtail butterflies, which emit terpenes from their osmeteria. They are often strong-smelling. They may protect the plants that produce them by deterring herbivores and by attracting predators and parasites of herbivores.[2] Many terpenes are aromatic hydrocarbons and thus may have had a protective function.[3] The difference between terpenes and terpenoids is that terpenes are hydrocarbons, whereas terpenoids contain additional functional groups.

They are the major components of resin, and of turpentine produced from resin. The name "terpene" is derived from the word "turpentine". In addition to their roles as end-products in many organisms, terpenes are major biosynthetic building blocks within nearly every living creature. Steroids, for example, are derivatives of the triterpene squalene.

When terpenes are modified chemically, such as by oxidation or rearrangement of the carbon skeleton, the resulting compounds are generally referred to as terpenoids. Some authors will use the term terpene to include all terpenoids. Terpenoids are also known as isoprenoids.

Terpenes and terpenoids are the primary constituents of the essential oils of many types of plants and flowers. Essential oils are used widely as fragrances in perfumery, and in medicine and alternative medicines such as aromatherapy. Synthetic variations and derivatives of natural terpenes and terpenoids also greatly expand the variety of aromas used in perfumery and flavors used in food additives. Vitamin A is a terpene.

Terpenes are released by trees more actively in warmer weather, acting as a natural form of cloud seeding. The clouds reflect sunlight, allowing the forest to regulate its temperature.[4][/b]

[b]The aroma and flavor of hops, highly desirable in some beers, comes from terpenes.
Of the terpenes in hops myrcene, β-pinene, β-caryophyllene, and α-humulene are found in the largest quantities.[5]

Terpenes are also major constituents of Cannabis sativa plants, which contain at least 120 identified compounds.[6] In addition to being responsible for the plant’s aroma, they can act synergistically with cannabinoids. In fact, there are several promising applications based on the combined use of cannabinoids and terpenes, such as new acne therapies utilizing CBD with the monoterpenes limonene, linalool, and pinene; new antiseptic agents with CBG and pinene; treatment of social anxiety disorder using CBD with limonene and linalool; and treatment of sleeping disorders by adding caryophyllene, linalool, and myrcene to 1:1 CBD/THC extracts.[6]

Blue Ridge Mountains: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Ridge_Mountains

The Blue Ridge Mountains are a physiographic province of the larger Appalachian Mountains range. This province consists of northern and southern physiographic regions, which divide near the Roanoke River gap.[1] The mountain range is located in the eastern United States, starting at its southernmost portion in Georgia, then ending northward in Pennsylvania. To the west of the Blue Ridge, between it and the bulk of the Appalachians, lies the Great Appalachian Valley, bordered on the west by the Ridge and Valley province of the Appalachian range.

The Blue Ridge Mountains are noted for having a bluish color when seen from a distance. Trees put the "blue" in Blue Ridge, from the isoprene released into the atmosphere,[2] thereby contributing to the characteristic haze on the mountains and their distinctive color.[3]

Within the Blue Ridge province are two major national parks: the Shenandoah National Park, in the northern section, and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, in the southern section. The Blue Ridge also contains the Blue Ridge Parkway, a 469-mile (755 km) long scenic highway that connects the two parks and is located along the ridge crestlines with the Appalachian Trail.[4]
PufPuf93

Postby Burnt Hill » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:48 pm

^^^ An interesting coincidence as friends and I were just discussing the similarity in aromas of local grapes and local cannabis flowers,
grapes also being a terpene producing plant.
Burnt Hill

Postby backtoiam » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:56 pm

Dr. Evil

Here you go:
(Warning: there are some horrible pictures at the link, including of Holocaust victims)

Not happening. Not even gonna waste my time to read it. We went from global warming to holocaust in a skinny minute and its amazing how quick it happens. I now disengage.
backtoiam

Postby backtoiam » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Man Trains Bees To Create Honey From Cannabis Resin

(Ariana Marisol) French beekeeper and cannabis enthusiast is working with bees to create delicious “cannahoney”, otherwise known as cannabis honey.

Nicolas, also known as Nicolas TrainerBees, has trained his bees to collect sugar from fruit instead of flowers, and resin from cannabis plants. They use this resin to produce cannabis honey that has many healthy beneficial qualities.

Nicolas came up with the idea back in 2006 and he has spent time observing and working with his bees to create the honey of his dreams. In 2013, he managed to get results from his training. The bees use the resin as propolis and through this, they create honey that has the same effects as cannabis. The ‘cannahoney’ has a delicious taste and a floral aroma. Depending on the variety of cannabis resin used by the bees, the honey can be light green, white, or yellow. This honey has the potential to transform how people use cannabis both medically and recreationally.

There were skeptics who worried that the bees’ consumption of cannabis resin would harm them. Nicolas waited two years until the project could rule out this possibility. He was then able to demonstrate that the plants have no negative impact on the insects at all. The bees are in no way affected by the cannabinoids that they use to create the honey because the bees do not have an endocannabinoid system.

Nicolas now has 30 beehives and he uses many of them for his cannabis honey project. Due to strict marijuana laws within the United States, he is forced to grow his plants far from his home and has to transport them close to the hives during necessary periods so that the bees can take advantage of their new “pollen” and create the honey.

Nicolas has medicated with cannabis since a very young age when he was told by teachers that he was too hyperactive for a school setting. Cannabis has allowed him to direct his energy in a healthy and productive way and he is a huge advocate for medical marijuana.

Nicolas interacts with his followers through social media networks and publishes many research studies about the medical benefits of cannabis. He dedicates all of his time to this endeavor and works alone with his wife to create this delicious cannabis honey.

Many people are wondering when they will be able to get some of the ‘cannahoney’ Nicolas has created. He is still working on a more detailed analysis to determine all of the properties of this honey before it goes on the market. Nicolas says that the people who have tried his honey to help relieve anxiety, have had wonderful results.

http://govtslaves.info/man-trains-bees- ... bis-resin/
backtoiam

Postby DrEvil » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:17 pm

backtoiam » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:56 am wrote:
Dr. Evil

Here you go:

Not happening. Not even gonna waste my time to read it. We went from global warming to holocaust in a skinny minute and its amazing how quick it happens. I now disengage.

No, we went from global warming to you completely failing at understanding something in a skinny minute.

You asked for it, I delivered. That's a link to the article by Mike Adams (aka The Health Ranger) where he advocates for the murder of GMO proponents.
The holocaust picture is used by him to illustrate his argument that GMO's amount to genocide.
He's the one going all Godwin, not me.

Your complete failure at the simplest of reasoning is worrying, but go ahead - run away like a coward.
It's easier than owning up to your own bullshit, and maybe we won't hear from you for a while, which would be a good thing™.

Edit: That bee article has approximately fuck all to do with global warming. At least try to look like you know what you're doing.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby 82_28 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:36 pm

Your complete failure at the simplest of reasoning is worrying, but go ahead - run away like a coward.
It's easier than owning up to your own bullshit, and maybe we won't hear from you for a while, which would be a good thing™.

Edit: That bee article has approximately fuck all to do with global warming. At least try to look like you know what you're doing.

Free association is not a faux pas. I imagine the correlation with the bees made someone think about something and thought it was relevant. I don't know myself but he/she (backtoiam) just thought something about it. Thus, I sort of thought about it. Innocent people must not be made to explain themselves. Also, it is pretty easy to not get angry about just about anything. Just don't get angry! Look out for one another.

We're all in this together!

:angelwings:
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Burnt Hill » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:58 pm

backtoiam » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:06 pm wrote:
Man Trains Bees To Create Honey From Cannabis Resin

(Ariana Marisol) French beekeeper and cannabis enthusiast is working with bees to create delicious “cannahoney”, otherwise known as cannabis honey.

Nicolas, also known as Nicolas TrainerBees, has trained his bees to collect sugar from fruit instead of flowers, and resin from cannabis plants. They use this resin to produce cannabis honey that has many healthy beneficial qualities.

Nicolas came up with the idea back in 2006 and he has spent time observing and working with his bees to create the honey of his dreams. In 2013, he managed to get results from his training. The bees use the resin as propolis and through this, they create honey that has the same effects as cannabis. The ‘cannahoney’ has a delicious taste and a floral aroma. Depending on the variety of cannabis resin used by the bees, the honey can be light green, white, or yellow. This honey has the potential to transform how people use cannabis both medically and recreationally.

There were skeptics who worried that the bees’ consumption of cannabis resin would harm them. Nicolas waited two years until the project could rule out this possibility. He was then able to demonstrate that the plants have no negative impact on the insects at all. The bees are in no way affected by the cannabinoids that they use to create the honey because the bees do not have an endocannabinoid system.

Nicolas now has 30 beehives and he uses many of them for his cannabis honey project. Due to strict marijuana laws within the United States, he is forced to grow his plants far from his home and has to transport them close to the hives during necessary periods so that the bees can take advantage of their new “pollen” and create the honey.

Nicolas has medicated with cannabis since a very young age when he was told by teachers that he was too hyperactive for a school setting. Cannabis has allowed him to direct his energy in a healthy and productive way and he is a huge advocate for medical marijuana.

Nicolas interacts with his followers through social media networks and publishes many research studies about the medical benefits of cannabis. He dedicates all of his time to this endeavor and works alone with his wife to create this delicious cannabis honey.

Many people are wondering when they will be able to get some of the ‘cannahoney’ Nicolas has created. He is still working on a more detailed analysis to determine all of the properties of this honey before it goes on the market. Nicolas says that the people who have tried his honey to help relieve anxiety, have had wonderful results.

http://govtslaves.info/man-trains-bees- ... bis-resin/

That is fantastic!
It is something I often wondered about when I was a grower.
I would love to try some in my tea as I no longer smoke.
:angelwings:
Burnt Hill

Postby backtoiam » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:01 pm

DrEvil » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:17 pm wrote:
backtoiam » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:56 am wrote:
Dr. Evil

Here you go:

No, we went from global warming to you completely failing at understanding something in a skinny minute.

You asked for it, I delivered. That's a link to the article by Mike Adams (aka The Health Ranger) where he advocates for the murder of GMO proponents.
The holocaust picture is used by him to illustrate his argument that GMO's amount to genocide.
He's the one going all Godwin, not me.

I don't owe you a damn thing bully boy.
backtoiam

Postby backtoiam » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:05 pm

Burnt Hill said

That is fantastic!
It is something I often wondered about when I was a grower.
I would love to try some in my tea as I no longer smoke.

Ditto bro!
backtoiam

Postby 82_28 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:10 pm

Although this thread is veering off topic, I will warn that when it comes to edibles be very careful. I remember one time I ate some infused popcorn and I sat down and said to myself, so this is what it's like to lose your mind. I was unaware at the time that I was eating it.

It's actually why I am against readily available edibles. Just smoke or vape your weed, I say.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion