RI "Bad" Guys: UR DOIN IT WRONG

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: RI "Bad" Guys: UR DOIN IT WRONG

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:01 am

While you're investigating me, may I suggest a soundtrack? One of the few songs I've written that I'd still stand by word for word:

http://wombaticusrex.bandcamp.com/track/i-see
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:02 am

SanDiegoBuffGuy wrote:Okay, you're now all free to throw rocks at me like what happened last time.

No dice. But I definitely have a vested interest in seeing this thread play out, being how I'm feeling all wrongfully accused as well as salaciously curious about how my digital life is being re-interpreted by other nervous systems.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:06 am

SteganosaurusRex from unforum said:

Sarah Hannah was a poet who committed suicide in May, 2007.
(I give up on embedding the next link) http://www.naturalburial.coop/2007/12/1 ... oure-dead/
Hannah Wit died also in 2007 but not sure from what, but also in her early forties and she did say the line about being eaten by worms.

This also clearly references the suicide of Theresa Duncan, which topic nearly derailed the I'm Sorry arg.

So I wonder if the new postings are simply more of the same, clever riffing on dark topics with no overall plan or purpose (no hay banda). I think I may be the one who is sorry for bringing this up in the first place.

Edit: Hannah Wit was a suicide as well...did not read the whole article linked above.

Could the bringing up of T. Duncan as part of a game, be the problem?
Last edited by Occult Means Hidden on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rage against the ever vicious downward spiral.
Time to get back to basics. [url=http://zmag.org/zmi/readlabor.htm]Worker Control of Industry![/url]
Occult Means Hidden

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:07 am

Wombaticus Rex wrote:While you're investigating me, may I suggest a soundtrack?

I have nine albums worth of my own soundtracks. You're not the only musician here.

That and I hate rap, sorry.
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:08 am

I am not SteganosarusRex from unforum. Never been there either.

On a related note, I know from my google alerts that someone has been using the usernames Brainsturbator and Humpasaur Jones on some visual basic/programming forums, asking questions about basic coding...that is not me and I don't know who it is.
Last edited by Wombaticus Rex on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:15 am

Wombaticus Rex wrote:
Et in Arcadia ego wrote:
Wombaticus Rex wrote:Name: Justin Boland, age 28, Springfield Illinois.

Just out of curiosity, your myspace page says you're in Vermont. I mean if we're gonna put cards on the table, let's do it for real, eh?

That's because Myspace is a piece of shit and I haven't updated that in awhile.

Good enough, thanks.

Wombaticus Rex wrote:
Authoring ARG's though, doesn't mix with RI..I have always respected you, and find this a little disappointing.

Isn't there enough ugliness in the real world without manufacturing more?

This worries me. What am I doing that makes you think I'm running ARGs?

I made a whoopsie. Retracted and removed. I didn't mean authoring them, I meant promoting them..
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby yathrib » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:19 am

I love RI, but the one thing I hate, hate, hate about it is when people are purposefully obscure and cryptic. I, and apparently many others, have no clue what this is about, six pages later. Ten minutes of my life I'll never get back. Couldn't this be handled among the people involved, with possibly a brief but informative synopsis after the fact?

As others have noted, a thread like this is as likely as any to lead to this threatened implosion.
yathrib

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:20 am

I thought Alterati was a blog, not an ARG? You're basically saying that any contact with Matheny implicates me? Not asking angrily, just getting a sense of your yardstick. I'm also a big fan of the "Incunabula" material, it's the bullshit that taught me Quantum physics. My connection to Alterati is through Wes Unruh who writes for them. I've never met Wes but we share a number of technical interests and we correspond a lot.

I've also done copywriting and transcription work for Ben Mack, but never been involved in scripting or staging anything for him/with him. Most of my work with internet marketers has been very mundane stuff -- email campaigns, PDF e-book chapters, segmenting and testing email lists.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby compared2what? » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:22 am

Wombaticus Rex wrote:
SanDiegoBuffGuy wrote:Okay, you're now all free to throw rocks at me like what happened last time.

No dice. But I definitely have a vested interest in seeing this thread play out, being how I'm feeling all wrongfully accused as well as salaciously curious about how my digital life is being re-interpreted by other nervous systems.

I may be wrong about you. I'm willing to admit it if I am. It gets pretty murky pretty quickly when there are liars seeding the field. My statements are based on the best information available to me, which I duly and diligently seek. But I'm not infallible. And I may be in error. I would want to correct it if I was.

I am now really taking a break. For sustenance. And also for personal reasons. Which are personal. This should not be rocking anybody's world, or breaking up anybody's mind. There are a bunch of trolls who don't like Jeff and don't like RI. They have been -- perhaps with the intention of provoking exactly this thread, though I doubt it, since they think they're much subtler than they are -- stepping up their game for the last couple of weeks.

I wanted to throw a spanner into the works of that little enterprise, at the very least. Because those fakey departures do affect morale. As do the fakey threats, for those who receive them.

Insofar as those two weapons are now kinda blunted, I hope now to have achieved one of my aims. Everyone be of good cheer. It's just nonsense and it can't hurt you. I'll be back when I'm not hungry and feeling a little less woefulness and a little more clinical detachment wrt to my own private woes. Which have real causes that nothing any stranger on the internet can really affect much, one way or the other. I, on the other hand, can. By reminding myself of them. Which happens to everyone sometimes, I believe.
compared2what?

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:29 am

No hard feelings here on any counts. I would eventually like an explanation, but it's not a big deal. (There's a whole lot of shit I'd eventually like an explanation for, so I'm used to waiting...ain't we all.)
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:30 am

Wombaticus Rex wrote:I've also done copywriting and transcription work for Ben Mack, but never been involved in scripting or staging anything for him/with him.

Fraternizing on any level with people that deceive and exploit others for profit is nothing I would brag about.
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby can1exy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:31 am

can1exy

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:33 am

Shit, man, I'm not proud of any internet marketing work I've done except in hip hop. What I'm doing is admitting these things up front. I've written really embarrasingly dumb stuff before, like the Fuck 9/11 article or the Saving the World With Advertising article.

Public mistakes have done me good, though.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby smiths » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:34 am

monster do you know what the decline in your sig refers to?
the question is why, who, why, what, why, when, why and why again?
smiths

Postby monster » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:40 am

smiths wrote:monster do you know what the decline in your sig refers to?

Yes but I don't think it's related to the topic of this thread.
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion