Was Bill Hicks offed and did he instinctively know it?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Was Bill Hicks offed and did he instinctively know it?

Postby 82_28 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:24 pm

I've been on a Bill Hicks kick today. This particular clip grabbed my attention however:

I shall let the title of the thread speak for itself.

However, note how it ends. He effectively predicts his assassination. Also, is there any consensus to his death? Pancreatic cancer attack on his way to Oz (australia) is what I seem to recall.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Was Bill Hicks offed and did he instinctively know it?

Postby whipstitch » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:02 pm

I always wondered if it was payback for this bit...

whipstitch

Postby 82_28 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:30 pm

I always wondered if it was payback for this bit...

Yes, I have always wondered the same thing about that bit. Just imagine Rev. Hicks on the likes of GW Bush, O'Reilly and especially Glenn Beck. Those fuckers would have been impossible to market in a world that Hicks described and criticized so succinctly he knew enough to as he said, "plant seeds".

Once again, RIP Bill and thank you!

Does anybody know of any other "woo" or otherwise explanations to his death out there?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:34 pm

WTF?!?!? I see it is godlikeproductions, but this is a supremely odd angle:

Did Bill Hicks go underground for the CIA with the alias Alex Jones?

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum ... 638171/pg1
82_28

Postby elfismiles » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:16 pm

82_28 wrote:WTF?!?!? I see it is godlikeproductions, but this is a supremely odd angle:

Did Bill Hicks go underground for the CIA with the alias Alex Jones?

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum ... 638171/pg1

In about 1997 I was introduced to the works of both Bill Hicks and Alex Jones at the same time by the same friend and as entres to Austin Community Television.

Shortly thereafter I started joking with people that:

A - Bill faked his own death and resurrected himself as Alex
B - Bill's spirit (or a part of it anyway) went into Alex upon Bill's passing such that Alex is basically a Walk-In featuring Bill Hicks

As I told this to people jokingly, over and over again folks would get this look on their face and then tell me, "ya know, I've always thought they kinda looked alike and well..."

I'd heard that Bill knew he was dying and that basically he just soldiered on and tried not to let people know and tried to just be the great and wonderful person he was.

I knew that he was good friends with Kevin Booth and that Kevin had, in the years after Bill's death, become quite close to Alex. The one time I got to hang out with Alex about the only direct question I really asked him was, "did you ever meet Bill Hicks face to face" and he said "only once or twice." The one time I briefly met and hung out with Kevin wasn't a good time to inquire about anything.

But the meme has taken root and spread.

I've seen Alex actually DO bits of Bill's shtick, verbatim and approximations. But hell, NPR has ripped off Bill Hicks' "Iraq/Desert Storm Receipt" joke for this most recent "Gulf War 2" ...

But I don't really believe the meme. It's a besmirching of Bill Hicks' memory and liberal spirit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt64VrgY5qI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DhxGtr1MC4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb1QjFk_jRs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPeRbJeO7tQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0jmPHmTu0g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1fBDRrHOQU

The guy who posted those videos though, seems a wee bit obsessed.

- smiles
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby jingofever » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:56 pm

I get more of a Sam Kinison vibe from Alex Jones.
jingofever

Postby MinM » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:08 am

Every new President gets placed in a smoke-filled room where they are shown a previously unseen angle of the Kennedy Assassination. It looks suspiciously like it was shot from the Grassy-Knoll. Then the lights come back on and they ask the New President...

Any Questions? ~ Bill Hicks
MinM

Postby Nordic » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:34 am

Man, that's weird, for some reason earlier today I was thinking about this exact thing.

I used to know a guy in Austin who seemed pretty clued into the whole thing. I'd like to talk to him now but I've lost touch with him. He's not in Austin any more, he's in NYC.

This was the guy who turned me onto Bill Hicks in the first place.

I don't know why I'm rambling on about this, since it's pointless because I can't mention this guy's name or anything.

It's just weird to be daydreaming about something, then go to RI and see a thread about it.

I've always wondered the exact same thing as the poster above who mentions the Barbara Bush/Rush Limbaugh bit. My first thought upon listening to that was "oh my god Babs Bush would have you KILLED for this". No joke.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Sweejak » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:54 am

I suppose it's appropriate to mention the anthrax death of the owner of the tabloid that was on about the Bush daughters, publishing photos of them drunk and rolling on the floor.

Wiki:
A photo editor, Bob Stevens, of The National Enquirer's parent company, AMI, received a poisonous letter with anthrax spores, in Boca Raton, Florida and was the first to die of the 2001 anthrax attacks after he opened the envelope.
Sweejak

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:48 am

Sweejak wrote:I suppose it's appropriate to mention the anthrax death of the owner of the tabloid that was on about the Bush daughters, publishing photos of them drunk and rolling on the floor.

Wiki:
A photo editor, Bob Stevens, of The National Enquirer's parent company, AMI, received a poisonous letter with anthrax spores, in Boca Raton, Florida and was the first to die of the 2001 anthrax attacks after he opened the envelope.

Spose so.

I always thought if there was an "it" that got BH bumped off it was the Rush Limbuagh bit. When I hear that I don't know whether to laugh or vomit or both simultaneously. But its great.

Don't cry for Bill tho, he's Goatboy now.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Nordic » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:29 am

Kinda ironic, the whole "the lunatic is on the grass" music. Obviously the guy who posts these is ...... well, not terribly attached to reality.

How can anyone look at those two people and think they're the same? Maybe he's missing that part of the brain that recognizes faces.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby MinM » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:43 am

Sweejak wrote:I suppose it's appropriate to mention the anthrax death of the owner of the tabloid that was on about the Bush daughters, publishing photos of them drunk and rolling on the floor.

Wiki:

rigorousintuition.ca - View topic - Anthrax suspect dies in apparent suicide
Anthrax Mystery: Questions Raised over Whether Government Is Framing Dead Army Scientist for 2001 Attacks
Think Progress » One Month After 9/11, McCain Said Anthrax ‘May Have Come From Iraq,’ Warned Iraq Is ‘The Second Phase’
MinM

Postby winsomecowboy2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:58 am

my hidden conceptual jewel is that for all the rabid christians waiting for the second coming of jesus, It was Bill and they fucking missed it.
winsomecowboy2

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:59 am

winsomecowboy2 wrote:my hidden conceptual jewel is that for all the rabid christians waiting for the second coming of jesus, It was Bill and they fucking missed it.

Thats brilliant. Thanks for sharing it.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby SonicG » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:19 am

I fucking missed and miss Bill. managed to miss him when he was around, and think that AJ has about, maybe, 0.0000001% the charisma, sense of humour, humanity, genuflection, talent (viz. Arizona Bay), entheogenic mindset, etc. that Hicks had...He may have got a chuckle from RI ~ There are some interesting cable access show he did riffing on Waco and stuff:

'Tis funny because I was listening to some old Woody Allen standup and even he makes a passing reference to the Warren report being "fiction"...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Next

Return to General Discussion