Re: wikileaks:-Cover-up of murder of civilians and journalists

Postby Maddy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:35 am

... in Jesus' name.
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Uncle $cam » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:14 pm

"Well it's their fault for bringing their kids into a battle - Thats Right".

America! fuck yeah!

Yeah, those damn children attacking those brave American Warriors. Not to mention unarmed civilians with imaginary AK47's and RPG's. Not to mention the irony of Murder Inc, use of the CRAZYHORSE nomenclature, someone else they murdered in cold blood.

Also in the news today: Special Forces cut bullets out of civilians to cover up murder.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/06/world ... an.html?hp

KABUL, Afghanistan — After initially denying involvement or any cover-up in the deaths of three Afghan women during a badly bungled American Special Operations assault in February, the American-led military command in Kabul admitted late on Sunday that its forces had, in fact, killed the women during the nighttime raid.

The admission immediately raised questions about what really happened during the Feb. 12 operation — and what falsehoods followed — including a new report that Special Operations forces dug bullets out of the bodies of the women to hide the nature of their deaths.
Last edited by Uncle $cam on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Suffering raises up those souls that are truly great; it is only small souls that are made mean-spirited by it.
- Alexandra David-Neel
Uncle $cam

Postby Nordic » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Is this story the same as this story:?

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0405/nato-a ... gled-raid/

NATO admits killing Afghan women in bungled raid

By Agence France-Presse

KABUL (AFP) – NATO forces have admitted killing three women in a bungled raid on a village in Afghanistan earlier this year, after initially denying involvement.

The NATO International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said in a statement late Sunday that its troops were responsible for the women's deaths in a village near Gardez, the capital of eastern Paktya province, on February 12.

Two newspapers -- the New York Times and Britain's The Times -- said Monday that the foreign troops involved in the shooting were members of US special forces who tried to cover up the deaths by removing bullets from the bodies.

ISAF had no immediate comment on the nationality of the troops or the cover-up claims, when contacted by AFP.

The women were in the same compound as two armed men who were killed by members of a joint international-Afghan patrol after appearing to show "hostile intent," the military statement said.

"We deeply regret the outcome of this operation, accept responsibility for our actions that night and know that this loss will be felt forever by the families," said ISAF spokesman Brigadier General Eric Tremblay.

"The force went to the compound based on reliable information in search of a Taliban insurgent and believed that the two men posed a threat to their personal safety.

"We now understand that the men killed were only trying to protect their families."

Tremblay said international forces were working with their Afghan counterparts to prevent any similar future incidents.

The admission comes as NATO and US forces try to reduce civilian casualties, which are often used by Afghan politicians and the Taliban to whip up public opposition to the presence of foreign troops.

ISAF said soon after the incident that the three women were found bound and gagged but the latest statement said the claim was based on a report by troops unfamiliar with Islamic burial customs.

Investigators assessed the women were accidentally killed when the soldiers fired at the two men but no exact cause of death was given due to lack of forensic evidence.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Maddy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:31 pm

No, Nordic. I really suggest you watch the video, too, if possible, because it's just shocking and heart-wrenching, especially for someone like myself who doesn't have to live through that kind of thing constantly, unlike others.

On edit: No, really, it is. My misanthropy just raised about 12 decibels.
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby Nordic » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:43 pm

Yeah, I kinda didn't want to watch it, but just did.

Actually it's paused because my son just walked up wondering what i was watching ......

Jesus ...........

How can they possibly use the word "engage" to describe what they're doing ...? It's slaughter.

Okay, just saw the part with the van. Paused again, as my son came up again.

Holy shit.

Somebody should download this. Something tells me it ain't gonna be on Youtube very long.

This is the most sickening thing I've ever seen.
Nordic

Postby StarmanSkye » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:49 pm

Yeah, it IS slaughter; An excuse to 'get sum.'

This has to be one of the ugliest things I've ever seen, yet far, far more atrocious horrors have occurred and are routinely scrubbed.

Fuck war -- especially those that haven't the slightest shred of moral justification or whisper of legitimacy. I grieve for the victims of arrogant militarism.

The voice from the primary helicopter, when several civilians attempt to do a humanitarian evacuation of the sole survivor Saaed, says, 'C'mon! Let us shoot!'

Deep soul Sick.
StarmanSkye

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Uncle $cam wrote:
"Well it's their fault for bringing their kids into a battle - Thats Right".

America! fuck yeah!

Yeah, those damn children attacking those brave American Warriors. Not to mention unarmed civilians with imaginary AK47's and RPG's. Not to mention the irony of Murder Inc, use of the CRAZYHORSE nomenclature, someone else they murdered in cold blood.

This makes me sick to my fucking stomach.

Oh, and one of their "handles" was BUSHMASTER, which was the type of rifle used by the DC sniper (Bushmaster .223).

Not to be confused with the Bush master 322.

I can't imagine what could possibly desensitize young Americans to the point where they could do something like that...

"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:58 pm

video available here for those who don't have a youtube subscription

"Uh, yeah, look at all those dead bastards."

"Nice. Good shootin'!"

"Thank you."

Note that this cowardly massacre (of two separate sets of innocents) was achieved from a helicopter so far away from the victims that those victims either paid no attention to it at all or simply didn't even notice its presence.

I don't know what's more repulsive: those occasional adolescent sniggers and "fucks" and "oh yeahs" and "ha has", or the relentless tough-guy technocratic military dickspeak of "roger" and "permission to engage" and "engaging" and "Bradley elements" and "IPs" and "Hotel-Two-Six" and "Bushmaster Seven" and (christ, they really have no shame) "Crazy Horse".

So then two extremely brave unarmed people arrive in a van and try to retrieve the bodies of the wounded and dead; so then the heroes in the "chopper" request and acquire permission ["Roger. Engage."] to dismember the rescuers with their hi-tech long-distance weapons too. [What does the Geneva Convention say about this?]

Only after there's no sign of life anywhere do "our brave men [and women - sic]" dare to creep in there in their armoured cars. The guy playíng Counterstrike in his safe cockpit and the guy playing Counterstrike at his safe HQ enjoy the post-slaughter spectacle:

[sniggering] "I think they just drove over a body!"

"Ha-ha! Really?"

"Really! [snigger]"

Two children are then found wounded in the front seats of the van:

[smugly] "Well, it's their fault for bringin' their kids into a battle."

"[jauntily] That's right."

[diatribe deleted.]
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:27 pm

http://collateralmurder.com/en/index.html

Second-last photo taken by Namir Noor-Eldeen before he was killed.

Last photo taken by Namir Noor-Eldeen before he was killed. The photo appears to have been taken during the first seconds of the attack.

Sayad 10 years old at the hospital after the attack on [his] father's mini-van.

Doaha 5 years old at the hospital after the attack on her father's mini-van.

04:12 Hotel Two-Six, you need to move to that location once Crazyhorse is done and get pictures. Over.

04:20 Six beacon gaia.

04:24 Sergeant Twenty is the location.

04:28 Hotel Two-Six; Crazyhorse One-Eight.

04:31 Oh, yeah, look at those dead bastards.

04:36 Nice.

04:37 Two-Six; Crazyhorse One-Eight.

04:44 Nice.

04:47 Good shoot.

04:48 Thank you.

http://collateralmurder.com/en/index.html
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Nordic » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:29 pm

They sure picked a great day to release this. Just checked the corporate news, and it's 100% Tiger Woods. He's giving his press conference as I type this.

WTF.

It's gonna be all Tiger Woods, all day long.

Oh, and they released the story about the pregnant afghan women (which I linked above) who were massacred and then had the bullets dug out of them by our special forces guys as a decoy story. Hell, even I fell for it. It goes by on the scroll on the bottom of the page. Of course its' "NATO" forces and not U.S. And it's presented as "they admit they made a little mistake".

Will this ever see the light of day? Even rawstory hasn't reported on this yet.
Nordic

Postby Nordic » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Rawstory's finally reporting it, but in their headline they use the word "allegedly".

Unbefuckinglievable.

Allegedly my ass.

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0405/video- ... q=43392110

You can let them know what you think of that bullshit here:

http://rawstory.com/contact.php
Nordic

Postby operator kos » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Damn, that is severely depressing. Even more so that I don't know any way to make it stop. And also, look at some of the comments on the video. There are actually people trying to justify what the soldiers did.
operator kos

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:57 pm

[smugly] "Well, it's their fault for bringin' their kids into a battle."

[jauntily] "That's right."

Of course it's not "right", you all-American heroes. In plain fact, there never was any battle at any time, just a cowardly massacre from a safe distance. And then, still from a safe distance, you massacred those who were trying to rescue the wounded.

What distinguishes "our brave men and women" from Nazis? Better technology, better armour, better euphemisms, and incessant fawning sanctimonious praise on TV.

Because that massacre wasn't the exception; it was the rule:

Allegations that the US carelessly killed civilians in its Iraq and Afghanistan war have been around for years, but they appeared to be corroborated last month by no less an authority than Gen. Stanley McChrystal, head of US troops in Afghanistan.

During a virtual town hall discussion of the problems involved with "escalation of force" situations, where troops escalate a situation towards violence usually due to non-compliance by civilians, McChrystal said: "We've shot an amazing number of people and killed a number and, to my knowledge, none has proven to have been a real threat to the force."

McChrystal added: "[T]o my knowledge, in the nine-plus months I've been here, not a single case where we have engaged in an escalation of force incident and hurt someone has it turned out that the vehicle had a suicide bomb or weapons in it and, in many cases, had families in it."

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0405/video- ... t-43392110

Worth repeating:

not a single case

Yo. Yeah. Hey. Fuck.

"Just wanted to say, 'Hi, hey guys,'" Obama said at one point while reporters were allowed in the room.

"Hey guys, Merry Christmas," he said to another group.

Don't Miss
Poll: America's honeymoon with Obama continues

Obama also highlighted the service of the country's military men and women now overseas in a holiday message to be broadcast on radio this Saturday.

"As we celebrate this joyous time of year, our thoughts turn to the brave men and women who serve our country far from home," he said in the message, which was posted online Wednesday.

"Their extraordinary and selfless sacrifice is an inspiration to us all, and part of the unbroken line of heroism that has made our freedom and prosperity possible for over two centuries." Watch Obama's holiday message »

More than 140,000 soldiers are currently serving in Iraq, as well as roughly 30,000 in Afghanistan. ...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/26/ ... index.html

Nice.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby StarmanSkye » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Maybe what is as chilling as the watching the minute-by-minute replay of the choreographed murder in cold blood is seeing Saleh Matasher Tomal's minivan OBVIOUSLY damaged by a Bradley Tracked vehicle apparently driving-over the front-quarter in an evident effort to obscure the evidence of multiple bursts of armour-piercing-rounds having punched a hole in the windshield and sprayed the front-seats. Even after the shock of watching the tapes (both) several times and analyzing what they show, including the hideous murders but also one of the photogs sneaking a round-the-corner snapshot which led him to be identified as shooting an RPG at the primary helicopter and 2 apparently armed men (one with an Ak-type sling-equipped weapon he ackwardly tries to disguise and hide, and the other with a long-rifle also ackwardly hidden/obscured) seeing this destruction of incriminating evidence was a real jolt.

I also watched the full unedited 39 minute vid which shows several men, a couple armed, rather casually loitering around and entering an apparently abandoned building which is then destroyed by 3 hellfire missiles (about the 34 min mark).

I can only surmise the photographers either joined some locals who had a couple armed-men along as security against 'bad guys' or they were brought-along for that purpose. At no time do any of the armed-men make any hostile movements or show aggression towards the circling helos. The most 'threatening' gesture was one of the photogs who appeared to be trying to take a hidden snapshot of the helo. That was undoubtedly the nudge which tipped the over-excited helo radioman into his 'We are under attack!' offensive killer mode.

But yeah, Fuck War. Very depressing knowing how helpless we are to stop this mercenary madness.
StarmanSkye

Next

Return to General Discussion