wikileaks:-Cover-up of murder of civilians and journalists

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: wikileaks:-Cover-up of murder of civilians and journalists

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:25 pm

DeltaDawn wrote:Know off the bat, I'll get grief and whatever for my opinion, but have to say......Sorry, but war is war, and when a society, we cannot understand will send their children (what I consider babies) to self destruct just to kill a few soldiers, then I have to do what I was trained to do. I Will protect my fellow men and what I believed to be my country!!!! Sorry, but right is right, and wrong is wrong, I truly believe my country, along with the English are behind the right causes, and if I have to play by the enemies 'tricks'.....so be it....ALways behind what America decides, will play by anyone's 'rules', but plan on winning.

Abuse me, use me, been there before, and will be there again, if the need were to ever come up!! Just whatever it takes!!!!!....Country & beliefs come first, political correctness second, B.S. media....not important!!!!!!

Again I apoligize for insulting many, but a soldier will always think as a soldier, and I MUST ALways back what they are doing & showing.....just Army training, and I'm proud of it!!!!

Where is the "a soldier does not have to follow an illegal order"?

Who is the enemy?

What about this bastard, are you standing behind him?

What are we fighting for?

A soldier is responsible for the war crimes he commits

Are you standing behind these sweet hearts?

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby StarmanSkye » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:32 pm

REAL SOLDIERS then are deluded saps. Triple civilian suicide rates and up to 40% chronic PTSD, 15% crippling partial disability and up to 10% permanent total disability from injuries and environmental contamination or battlefield poisoning or effects of unregulated experimental innoculations -- The evil of immoral wars of empire and neocolonial corporate conquest often come back to haunt the veterans, who after all are just throwaway tools for the oligarch who own the precious 'democracy' they are indoctrinated to fight for. Free Will? What a joke.

NO Deltadawn -- The US has done nothing honorable or righteous in Iraq, nor pretty much anywhere else for a long long time -- if ever. You apparently think its OK-dokey to just swallow all the creampuff-laden Bullshit the sick Mofos who spoon-feed you crap can get away with shoveling down that slippery crap-chute into the self-centered narcissistic control-center of your brain, completely bypassing your soul and all the self-reflective insights and duties it is Mankind's solemn promise to everything he holds sacred to honor -- But you argue against that. Funny since you maintain the illusion of ideals but don't do anything honorable that values them, you just indulge in patheticly vain celebrations of skin-deep spectacle lacking the integrity of heart. Really, WHAT do you know about America's history in Iraq, anyway? Next to nothing I bet -- It simply doesn't matter, you find it SO much easier and simpler to parrot the cheap-shot faux-patriotic banter that now passes for 'being informed' in this toilet-bowl USA that fake soldiers like you have turned it into; Lacking any real concept of courage and honor, you don't grapple with the really arduous issues of being genuine and true to yourself or to ideals you claim to uphold but don't understand.

The attitude of 'Enjoy it, we fought & still are for your pleasure' is an ugly conceit I will NOT accept from you nor will I make it less prickly -- you have and never will 'fought' for my pleasure or freedom -- that's not something you understand. I doubt you have the capacity for it. Why have rules of warfare after all then if the Military is always correct and can't be second-guessed? What civilized society gives its military absolute authority to coerce political decision-making anyway? An authoritarian one -- So its only natural you feel at-ease in your mind and heart embracing the technocratic dictatorship that rules over you and controls you, feeding your brain the myths and stories that glorify its project of oppressing peoples and imposing its exploitive death-worshipping system on peoples irrespective of what they want. That's a mighty psychotic, twisted kind of 'freedom' you have, hypnotized to feel its chains are liberating.

People like you with your absolute non-compromising ideas have pushed-and-shoved their way into leading this country down the path to self-destruction, selling-out to the most ruthless theives and tyrants who own their soul, aiding and abetting the enslavement and destruction of nations and cultures. This is NOT the best of all possible worlds, the fake patriots USA have been sabotaging peace and social justice for the past 50 years as if nothing else mattered, celebrating ruin and suffering as if it were a triumph.

You're welcome to it. Count me out of your 'victory' party.
StarmanSkye

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby whipstitch » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:37 pm

“We have shot an amazing number of people, but to my knowledge, none has ever proven to be a threat” - General Stanley A. McChrystal (senior American and NATO commander in Afghanistan)
whipstitch

Postby DeltaDawn » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:44 pm

tried to get several posts in here, but have failed.....After reading all these naysaying posts...nevermind my other explanations....Just you fight in a war, support 100 fellow soldiers, believe in your Country, then come tell me how I believe what I do!!!!! I still stand behind the people in my Country, believed I fought for their freedoms, believe that soldiers in this day and age are fighting for the same thing, and support them 100%...shame, more don't understand what they believe in!!!!
For we have not been given the spirit of fear; but of love, peace and a sound mind
DeltaDawn

Postby psynapz » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:47 pm

DeltaDawn wrote:tried to get several posts in here, but have failed.....After reading all these naysaying posts...nevermind my other explanations....Just you fight in a war, support 100 fellow soldiers, believe in your Country, then come tell me how I believe what I do!!!!! I still stand behind the people in my Country, believed I fought for their freedoms, believe that soldiers in this day and age are fighting for the same thing, and support them 100%...shame, more don't understand what they believe in!!!!

I understand they believe whatever they're told, because the moral investment is too great to bear otherwise.

You haven't learned, even here, the sinister lies behind virtually all modern wars which inherently negate any righteous "meaning" of fighting in them?

I can understand not wanting to, but not wanting to admit to is a different story. For someone on RI, I would think.
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby Maddy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:51 pm

Delta Dawn, are you okay?

Something more is up with this. I'm concerned about you. If this is triggering, perhaps you shouldn't engage. :(
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby surfaceskimmer » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:52 pm

MacChrystalline persuasion, Petraeuified civilians

"that's what they get for bringing their kids to a battle" (ha ha)

I'm new here; where is the emoticon for projectile vomiting?
surfaceskimmer

Postby 82_28 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:56 pm

Delta, please tell us this is a belated April fool's joke. No human being, no matter what, can ever stand behind the breezy, work-a-day murder of a fellow and have their soul remain intact. The worst part of it is the banter as though it was simply calling plays on a football field. That was awful and I don't care what any human is doing on the ground while another human is up above in a helicopter -- to gun them down like that w/o having any true idea what they on the ground were doing is the epitome of EVIL in all of it's video-game like banal-ness. Quite frankly, if you were not joking delta, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. You have no idea what this ILLEGAL "war" ("wars") does to those of us who consider us empaths. YOU SIMPLY NEVER ATTACK NOR KILL INNOCENT OTHERS.

Ha. Yeah "war" is war. This ain't no war. This was an illegal bombardment, a cruel attack on a powerless people and a villainous occupation that served no other purpose than to provoke and cultivate an evil force upon this Earth. If it is true you are not joking, you make me, frankly, sick. I am not the praying type, but I will say a prayer for you. What has happened to us?

"Different Strings"

Who's come to slay the dragon?
Come to watch him fall?
Making arrows out of pointed words
Giant killers at the call?
Too much fuss and bother
Too much contradiction and confusion
Peel away the mystery
Here's a clue to some real motivation

[Chorus:]
All there really is
The two of us
And we both know why we've come along
Nothing to explain
It's a part of us
To be found within a song

What happened to our innocence
Did it go out of style?
Along with our naivete
No longer a child
Different eyes see different things
Different hearts beat on different strings
But there are times
For you and me, when all such things agree
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby DeltaDawn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:03 am

Maddy, Thank You Sooooo much, for pointing out the obvious, you are right...brought it to my attention and I'm signing out to regroup and realizing what you said........Thank You AGain!!!!!! Knew, there were friends here, Gbu for giving me some 'duhs for the duh huh here' lol
For we have not been given the spirit of fear; but of love, peace and a sound mind
DeltaDawn

Postby 23 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:07 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/0 ... 25569.html
WikiLeaks VIDEO Exposes 2007 'Collateral Murder' In Iraq

(scroll down for the video)
"Once you label me, you negate me." — Soren Kierkegaard

Postby Maddy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:08 am

You're welcome, Delta! Just concerned for you! *HUG!*
Maddy

Postby StarmanSkye » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:12 am

That was super-cool Maddy; VERY perceptive and empathic of you.
(((Huggs and Love!)))
StarmanSkye

Postby 82_28 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:13 am

DeltaDawn wrote:Maddy, Thank You Sooooo much, for pointing out the obvious, you are right...brought it to my attention and I'm signing out to regroup and realizing what you said........Thank You AGain!!!!!! Knew, there were friends here, Gbu for giving me some 'duhs for the duh huh here' lol

WTF is going on?!?!? This makes no sense and hurts my brain. If it were up to me, I'd ban your ass 'round here, delta. How you have no empathy for others, YES, "even in the case of 'war'" and remain so strident about it, even though you know what this board is about and always has been, is perfectly beyond me. Unless. . . :evil:
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Maddy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:27 am

82_28, not everything you see is how it appears to be. Sometimes compassion is a better response than aggression. Image
Maddy

Postby Nordic » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:23 am

Maddy wrote:82_28, not everything you see is how it appears to be. Sometimes compassion is a better response than aggression. Image

Your avatar suddenly seems apt.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion