Re: "Radical Muslims" who threatened South Park creators... not

Postby Nordic » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:02 pm

yup
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Nordic » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:03 am

These people are the grandaddy of all trolls. Agent provocateurs, ya know? They're the trolls to beat all trolls. They make 17Breezes look like a piker.
Nordic

Postby cptmarginal » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:37 pm

Interesting stuff. I find the whole issue of Islam & depictions very instructive. "How to make a religion seem batshit crazy"

Obviously the rule was created in complete ignorance of the media explosion in the future, so it's moot to even discuss what was really intended.

I'd like to talk to Parker & Stone face to face about this, since any media discussion of it is a presentation and they seem pretty smart to me.
cptmarginal

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby JackRiddler » Sat May 01, 2010 12:36 am

I can imagine Parker & Stone might be receptive to this research. If so, and if the network allows it, they could make a fine sketch out of it.

The OP piece presents some important facts and should have stuck to a reportorial style. There's no need to howl names at Stewart. One can begin from the presumption, regardless of how likely, that his staff didn't bother to figure out the origins and history of "RevolutionMuslim." Put out a sober call to him and let him prove otherwise. It would have been the shrewder strategy.

That being said, I am disgusted by the effectiveness of this psyop and the way Stewart and Maher did most of the water carrying in delivering it (presumably along with many others I didn't see). "RevolutionMuslim" tossed out a blog post, it took the undifferentiated reaction of the entire corporate media machinery to turn it into a crisis. (Authors have been getting death threats from viewers since, um, forever. These are very rarely fulfilled.)

Just watched Maher deliver a stump speech about how, despite being fairy tales, the "domestic" religions and their culture are far superior to those of the backward foreign Muslims. You'd get no sense from his tirade that the group presenting exactly the cartoon image of stupid evil Islam he wishes to decry originated in New York, not Afghanistan; let alone that its founder had just converted (more likely: "converted") to Islam after a lifetime as a radical Orthodox Jew and a West Bank settler, no less. Nope, Maher just went on about how Muslim "religion" was responsible for this barbarism and pinned the New York cell on the whole Muslim world. As examples, he claimed the Taliban use poison gas on girls schools (sounds like a dubious story, but I'm willing to grant they've done even worse to women), whereas American Jehovah's Witnesses merely harrass people from door to door with empty threats of hell, and the Pope, when insulted by Maher, doesn't send assassins to kill him. Never mind that for secular reasons of NATO strategy, other Afghan villages are being bombed from the air and the land poisoned for the next century. This can be blocked out, thanks to the superiority of "our" culture. They do it for religion, we do it out of necessity in self-defense (or because of poor decisions). Oh, and if you've seen Maher's terrible film (a horrific disservice to the cause of liberating the world from organized religions), you know he blocks out the concept of violence in the name of the Jewish religion one hundred percent.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Nordic » Sat May 01, 2010 2:10 am

It's just another example of "the things we think we know" that turn out to be completely false, and planted in our heads rather than being true.

Which for most people is probably 95% of what they think they "know".
Nordic

Postby Nordic » Sun May 02, 2010 1:35 am

It's just weird how 17Breezes has somehow missed this thread thus far! I keep trying to help him here .....
Nordic

Postby Searcher08 » Sun May 02, 2010 7:39 am

<Yu Knoa Hu>
This is just another example of the Hate!, the HATE!! I have to put up with here.
I'm going back to lurking <sulks and flounces off>
</>
Searcher08

Previous

Return to General Discussion