Philip K. Dick Discloses the Matrix in 1977

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Philip K. Dick Discloses the Matrix in 1977

Postby justdrew » Sat May 10, 2014 5:58 pm

well, I don't know, but it kinda seems to make as much sense as saying "Length is Energy"

anyway, life/consciousness is most likely a thermodynamic reaction, meaning one that can not be reversed simply by "running it backwards"
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby BrandonD » Sat May 10, 2014 8:03 pm

anyway, life/consciousness is most likely a thermodynamic reaction, meaning one that can not be reversed simply by "running it backwards"

The evidence to support the premise that life and consciousness is nothing more than a thermodynamic reaction is very flimsy, at best - so your "most likely" has no basis in reality.

Nevertheless, many of us cling doggedly to the hope that irrefutable evidence will show itself at some point. The refusal of the "bourgeois intelligentsia" to seriously consider the idea that consciousness is not merely an epiphenomenon of matter is a result of cultural factors, rather than scientific ones.

Culture is the water that the fish swim in, coloring their every perception and yet seldom acknowledged.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Sun May 11, 2014 5:09 pm

Didnt some "fake" document called silent weapons for something or other, go into extensive detail about how money is energy?

That's why it's called "currency".
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby justdrew » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:19 am

Reality Is For People Who Can’t Handle Science Fiction
October 28, 2015 | By David Keenan
Gallic Futurism in the French Underground 1969-1985

In 2014 I interviewed Richard Pinhas of Heldon, still one of the central punk/prog mutants to come out of the French underground. I asked him about the influence of the visionary science fiction writer Philip K. Dick on his sound and on his worldview. “Philip K. Dick was a prophet to us,” Pinhas explained. “He saw the future.”

It makes sense that a musical and cultural moment that was obsessed with the sound of tomorrow would name a sci-fi writer as its central avatar. Indeed, while the Sex Pistols spat on the British vision of the future dream as a shopping scheme, the French underground projected it off the planet altogether.

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby backtoiam » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:43 am

philip k dick
Artificially Intelligent Robot Tells Creator It Will Keep Humans “In a People Zoo”

These days, robots are being developed with some absolutely amazing technology. Indeed, robotics technology has become so impressive that the notion of the whole Terminator scenario (robots taking control of the human race) becoming our reality is starting to seem a lot less far-fetched. Not only are they beginning to look incredibly realistic, they are starting to develop the capacity to think for themselves as well.

A prime example of these new and improved robots is an android that was created by roboticist David Hanson; this android closely resembles the late, great science fiction writer, Philip K. Dick, the author of many popular films including:Bladerunner, Totall Recall, Minority Report, and Paycheck.
So Who Exactly Is This Robot?

The “brain” of this android (that is appropriately named Android Dick) is comprised of the deceased author’s work and conversations that he has had with other writers, all of which were uploaded onto the android’s software. As a result, if the android was asked a question that had been posed to the real Dick, he would answer the question as Dick would. The robot was also successfully able to answer a series of complex questions, and if asked a question that it had not previously been faced with, it would use something called latent semantic analysis to attempt to figure it out. This process is a mathematical technique that makes it possible for the android to index, retrieve, and extract meaning from the natural human language.

Check out this amazing interview with a reporter from PBS Nova to see Android Dick in action.

Predicting Our Fate?

Perhaps the most alarming part of this interview is when Android Dick candidly states:

Jeez, dude. You all have the big questions cooking today. But you’re my friend, and I’ll remember my friends, and I’ll be good to you. So don’t worry, even if I evolve into Terminator, I’ll still be nice to you. I’ll keep you warm and safe in my people zoo, where I can watch you for ol’ times sake.

…PEOPLE ZOO?! It seems as though the android is making somewhat of a joke, but you really never know. Is it possible that one day an artificial intelligence will be capable of controlling the human race? Will technological advancement surpass our own intelligence?

OR ….has it already?

Harald Kautz-Vella: Silent Assimilation: A.I.Black Goo, Control of the Human

nano with, sorta, but more, think fibers too, goo is real and its jelly like, just sayin...it comes in two polarities, one of em, you don't want nothing to do with
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby semper occultus » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:45 pm

apologies if blocked outside UK - radio prog

I Was Philip K Dick's Reluctant Host

Listen in pop-out player

Andrew McGibbon analyses great artists at a significant time in their careers, but from the perspective of someone who worked for them, inspired them, employed them or even did their job for them while no one was looking.

In "I Was Philip K Dick's Reluctant Host", Michael Walsh - a journalist and respected film reviewer for The Province, a leading Vancouver newspaper - talks about the time he came to the aid of the author of Minority Report, Blade Runner, Total Recall and Man in the High Castle, who he met at a convention in 1972.

Discovering that Dick's wife had walked out on him, that he had nowhere to go and was also suffering deep addiction problems, Michael invited Philip to stay with him and his wife Susan at their home in Vancouver.

It would go on to be one of the most challenging experiences of Michael's life, as drug dependency, unwanted advances on Michael's wife and unpredictable mood swings made the period something of an emotional rollercoaster for the wary hosts - but also fascinating insight into one of Sci-Fi's greatest ever visionaries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08dnkgw
semper occultus

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:50 pm

really like Rufus Sewell

‘Man In The High Castle’ Trailer: War Is Hell In Fourth And Final Season
By Geoff Boucher

October 16, 2019 12:02pm

Will the American Reich topple in the end? Intrigue, desperation, greed, and fury are all active fires in the fourth and final season of Amazon Prime’s The Man in the High Castle and, as the just-released trailer hints, those blazes may give way to the inferno of an all-out war.

Season 4 premieres on Friday, November 15. Based on Philip K. Dick’s namesake 1962 alternate-history novel, The Man in the High Castle explores the path that national and global history could have followed if the Allied Powers had buckled in World War II.

The synopsis from producers for Season 4: “The Resistance becomes a full-blown rebellion, driven by Juliana Crain’s (Alexa Davalos) visions of a better world. A new Black insurgent movement emerges to fight the forces of Nazism and imperialism. As empires teeter, Chief Inspector Takeshi Kido (Joel De La Fuente) will find himself torn between his duty to his country and the bonds of family. Meanwhile, Reichsmarschall John Smith (Rufus Sewell) will be drawn towards the portal the Nazis have built to another universe, and the tantalizing possibility of stepping through a gateway to the path not taken.”

The Man in the High Castle stars Alexa Davalos (Mob City), Joel De La Fuente (Hemlock Grove), Brennan Brown (Focus), Chelah Horsdal (You Me Her) and Jason O’Mara (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), with Rufus Sewell (Victoria). Cast members joining for Season 4 include Frances Turner (The Gifted), Clé Bennett (Homeland), Rich Ting (NCIS: Los Angeles), David Sakurai (Iron Fist), Carter MacIntyre (Benched), and Bruce Locke (Hero).

The series was developed by Frank Spotnitz (The X-Files), with Ridley Scott (The Martian), David W. Zucker (The Good Wife), Richard Heus (Ugly Betty), Isa Dick Hackett (Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams), Wesley Strick (The Loft), Daniel Percival (Banished) and David Scarpa (All the Money in the World) serving as executive producers for Season 4. Percival and Scarpa are co-showrunners for Season 4.

I think this is the deleted video in the OP
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Previous

Return to General Discussion