Coincidences and Synchronicities

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coincidences and Synchronicities

Postby elfismiles » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:29 am

Within the last 12 hours I found myself thinking about how nearly 4 years ago the Theresa Duncan twitter-bot had messaged me a link to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rui0hzN-EFE

This video link was sent to me by the Theresa Duncan twitter-bot a couple months ago.

Air – Kelly watch the stars video.

http://www.anomalytelevision.com/site/2 ... ars-video/
http://www.smileslewis.com/blog/2009/08 ... ars-video/

Well, I just got this notice via email that someone/something posted a comment (in French) to one of those posts:

Author : Voyance médium (IP: )
E-mail : Parry@
URL : http://www.pouvoirs-spirituels.com
Whois : http://whois.arin.net/rest/ip/
Comment:
Poussez les portes de votre destin voyance médium en ligne.

... which translates as ...

Open the doors of your destiny psychic medium online.

So ... WTF ?!?!?!?
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Sounder » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:20 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ead_module

We're with the band: Couple on the way to Dave Matthews concert pick up hitchhiker - only to discover he IS Dave Matthews
• Pennsylvania couple were driving to see their favorite group - The Dave Matthews Band
• Pulled over to help a hitchhiker who was on the roadside with his broken bike
• They were stunned to discover the hitchhiker was none other than Dave Matthews

By James Nye
PUBLISHED: 11:28 EST, 15 July 2013 | UPDATED: 17:02 EST, 15 July 2013

A kind hearted couple on the way to a Dave Matthews Band concert pulled over to pick up a hitchhiker - only for their jaws to drop when they realized it was Dave Matthews himself.

Emily Kraus and her boyfriend were driving to see the multi-million selling rock star perform in Hershey, Pennsylvania when they noticed Matthews, 46, standing by his bike on the side of the road.

Stuck with a flat tire and no cell phone, the Grammy-award winner was staring down the barrel of being a no-show for his own gig until Kraus intervened.
Scroll Down for Video

Pick Up A Rockstar: Emily Kraus and her boyfriend found Dave Matthews (center) waiting for a ride on the side of the road in Pennsylvania
'So, we saw him on the other side of the road and we pulled my car in here. And he picks up his bike and throws it up here,' said Kraus to WHPTV.com
Luckily for Kraus, her parents had just recently attached the bike rack onto her car - allowing her to help out Matthews.

'He says I've never seen a bike rack like this before, so Joe walks over and he's helping him put it on and I'm standing here and I'm holding his helmet,' said Kraus.
Once the superstar was safely buckled up in the back of the car, it hit Kraus exactly who she was taxiing.

'So we didn't know how to make conversation with him in fact, so we were talking about his tour and where he had come from,' said Kraus.

'He had just been in Cincinnati and he said I'm taking a short break after this one because I have to drop my daughters off at camp and he was just a very humble guy.'
When they arrived at the gig, Matthews was so grateful that he invited Emily and her boyfriend to dinner.

'We felt out of place. I said I feel like I'm out of place,' said Kraus.

'Then they went back stage and enjoyed the show from the front row. 'I woke up this morning, and I rolled over and I said , okay yeah that really happened yesterday ha ha ha ha! It was surreal we couldn't believe it.'

Indeed, so pleased was Matthews with his new found friends that he took the time during the concert to thank them by name.

'I did not have a cell phone on the bicycle. So I thought, 'Sh*t,' said Matthews that night at his show at Hersheypark Stadium.

'And then a nice lady named Emily rode up in a red car with a bicycle rack on it and gave me a ride on to the gig.'

Dave Matthews also signed their tickets saying thanks for the ride.
Sounder

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:42 am

Dave Matthews is indeed very humble and generous. He lives here in Seattle. Here are two of my stories about him.

It was the day before Thanksgiving and I was cruising down a busy a street and suddenly I see this Subaru Forester do a U-turn and pull up to the front of another car. Dave Matthews jumped out with some jumper cables and gave this guy a jump start. Obviously I was all "holy shit, that's Dave Matthews!" But I was impressed because he was the only one who gave a shit about the other stranded guy and/or the first person to lend a hand.

The other one is from an old co-worker of mine. She was in line at the grocery store and was about to pay for her groceries then realized she'd left her money at home. Little did she know Dave Matthews was behind her. He paid for her groceries and wished her well.

The above is why I was so bummed about the Chicago river incident. Remember that?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/chi-05031 ... 9199.story

Matthews obviously wasn't on the bus, but he must have been so mortified. Not a fan of his music, but definitely a fan of the man himself. He is a genuinely good human and spirit.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby coffin_dodger » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:42 am

LilyPatToo said a while back :
It's interesting when I hear of an agnostic or atheist paying attention to synchronicity, because most of them I've known well have (consciously or unconsciously) ignored it when it happens.

Having been a lifelong atheist until fairly recently - and now exploring the possibility of a gaia entity, (forced upon me by an unusual experience I had on the 21st June this year) - I was a bit freaked out at something I read yesterday. Actually, I've been freaked out a few times recently at synchronicities that have been waiting to be exposed if I had only been able to understand them or acknowledge them before.

One of my earliest memories is of knowing what it feels like (and particularly sounds like) to have a bullet (or something) enter my head. Throughout my life, I've been extremely agitated at any loud, sudden noise. Every time a loud, unexpected noise occurs, the experience of a bullet (or something) entering my head immediately enters my consciousness. It was weird, but I paid no real attention to it because I was busy living my life and those sort of things don't mean anything in our ordered world, do they? It never occured to me, until yesterday, why this should happen - I hadn't given it much thought and just assumed some people had experiences like this that were part of their psychological make-up, or it was their brain misfiring.

So, yesterday, I stumble across this: http://www.near-death.com/experiences/r ... ion01.html

I have a fairly large, unsightly, purple birthmark on my body. Only one. Luckily, it's completely hidden by my hair - on the back of my head.

Bit freaky.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby semper occultus » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:45 am

...weren't born in 1963 were you by any chance....?

...November-ish...?

....late in the month ...?

semper occultus

Postby Hammer of Los » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:30 pm

WTF indeed.

Game on.

Like da man said, a mass awakening is nothing new.

Under da Sun.

A rose for Ecclesiastes would smell as sweet.

Zelazny.

Lord of Light.

When Elfy made his post above I was playing a tennis game on the Wii on the ward I was on, whilst discussing pong.

I didn't have internet access at the time.

But then.

You must know by now.

My synchs may not be spoken of, I do not speak of them enough. In truth I speak of nothing else.

Et cetera et cetera et cetera.

Hammer of Los

Postby 82_28 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:45 am

Didn't happen to me, but this certainly fits the bill. I am surprised no one online so far has made the connection.

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Comic actor Dick Van Dyke and his wife escaped unhurt when their car caught fire on a Los Angeles-area highway, California state police said Monday.

Good Samaritans helped the 87-year-old Van Dyke and his wife, Arlene, from his Jaguar after he pulled the car over to the side of the Ventura Freeway in Calabasas, California Highway Patrol spokesman Saul Gomez said. The fire occurred about 2 p.m. Monday, Gomez said.

Arlene Van Dyke posted video online of the burned-out car and the actor talking with police. Publicist Bob Palmer said Van Dyke was "fine" but "slightly embarrassed" and was "appreciative of the instant help he got on the road."

Set in the 1910s, the story opens with a Grand Prix race, in which one of the cars swerves to avoid a dog, loses control, crashes, and catches fire, bringing its racing career to an end. The car ends up in an old garage, where two children, Jeremy and Jemima Potts, have grown fond of it, but are told by a frequent customer, a junkman, that he and his business intends to buy the car from the garage owner Mr. Coggins, for scrap; to crush it into one solid lump, then melt it down to a liquid and have the metal to sell. The two children, who live with their widowed father Caractacus Potts, an eccentric inventor and his equally peculiar parent, implore him to buy the car before the junkman does, but he is unable to, not having the money. While skipping school, they meet Truly Scrumptious, a beautiful upper-class woman with her own motorcar, who brings them home to report their truancy to their father. Truly shows interest in Caractacus' odd inventions, but he is affronted by her attempts to tell him that his children should be in school.

One day, while going over his bizarre inventions, many of which seem to be similar in function and form to modern appliances, such as vacuum cleaners and televisions, Caractacus discovers that one of the sweets he has invented can be played like a flute. He tries to sell the "Toot Sweet" to Truly's father Lord Scrumptious, a major confection manufacturer, but when the factory is overrun by dogs responding to the whistle, he is thrown out. Then he takes his automatic hair-cutting machine to a carnival to raise money, but it goes haywire. He eludes the wrath from his first (and only) customer named Cyril by joining a song-and-dance act, stealing the show and earning enough tips to pay for the car. Potts rebuilds the car, which he nicknames Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for the noises its engine makes, and he and the children, accompanied by Truly, go for a picnic on the beach, where Truly becomes very fond of the Potts family and vice versa. Caractacus tells them a story about nasty Baron Bomburst, the tyrant ruler of fictional Vulgaria, who wants to steal Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and keep it all for himself:

In the story, the quartet and the car are stranded by high tide, but Chitty suddenly deploys huge flotation devices and they escape inland. The Baron sends two comical spies ashore to capture the car for him, but they briefly capture Lord Scrumptious by accident, and then kidnap Grandpa Potts, mistaking him for the inventor of Chitty. Caractacus, Truly, and the children see him being taken away by airship, and give chase. When they accidentally drive off a cliff, Chitty sprouts wings and propellers and begins to fly. They follow the airship to Vulgaria, where the Baroness Bomburst has ordered the imprisonment of all children, whom she abhors. Grandpa the "inventor" has been ordered by the baron to make another floating car, and is bluffing to avoid being tortured. The Potts party is hidden by the local toymaker, who now works only for the baron. Chitty is discovered and taken to the castle. But while Caractacus and the toymaker go in search of Grandpa and Truly goes in search of food, the children are captured by the Baron's Child Catcher.

The toymaker takes Truly and Caractacus to a grotto far beneath the castle where the townspeople have been hiding their children, and they concoct a scheme to free the children and the village from the baron. The toymaker sneaks them into the castle disguised as life-size dolls, gifts for the baron's birthday. Caractacus snares the Baron and the town's children swarm into the banquet hall overcoming the baron's palace guards and guests. In the ensuing chaos, the baron, baroness, and Child Catcher are all captured. The family is freed and fly back with Truly to England. Jeremy and Jemima finish the story themselves: "And Daddy and Truly were married!" which Truly seems to find appealing, but Caractacus is evasive, believing that the class distance between them is too great. When they arrive home, Caractacus is surprised to find his father and Lord Scrumptious playing a lively game of soldiers. Scrumptious surprises him further with an offer to buy the Toot Sweet as a canine confection. Caratacus realises that when the sweets are marketed, he will be rich, and able to marry Truly. He immediately goes to tell her the news. They kiss, and Truly agrees to marry him. As they begin to drive home, the car takes to the air again, this time without wings.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby TheDuke » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:41 am

Here's an odd little synchronicity that happened to me yesterday. I've been reading the first book of Peter Levenda's Sinister Forces trilogy and was multi-tasking on the sofa both reading and kind of watching an English quiz show called The Chaser. The following question came up which caused me to stop reading and attempt an answer:

Which of these boxers was known as the 'Brockton Brawler'?
A. Rocky Marciano. B. Gene Tunney. C. Sonny Liston

Well i consider myself a bit of a boxing fan but I ruled out Marciano and Liston and guessed Gene Tunney. I was wrong, it was Marciano. I laughingly chastised myself for thinking myself a boxing fan and getting it wrong and went to return to my book. I lost my place a bit and looked at the opposite page to the one I had last been reading and the first word I see is Gene Tunney!
TheDuke

Postby TheDuke » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:48 am

Oh the reason Gene Tunney turns up in Sinister Forces is cause Levenda ties him into the Candy Jones story
TheDuke

Postby Hammer of Los » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:37 am

;)
Last edited by Hammer of Los on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer of Los

Postby Sounder » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:52 am

I was sitting on the couch a few weeks ago while noting the clock on the mantle that always tells the wrong time.

I thought to myself that I like for the pretty clock to tell the wrong time because it is amusing to see form having nothing to do with function.

The next day SLAD posted a video on Saturn and Archons. It was along the lines of how we are manipulated through time.
Sounder

Postby NeonLX » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:37 pm

^^^^^^ I was just thinking how time is my enemy; I'm constantly having to beat the clock. Deadlines, due dates, project management software, meeting schedules... Where I work, we sweat seconds. I've often felt like a slave to time. I won't wear a watch, because once I'm out of work I don't want to know what time it is. I just don't.

But I have to get up the next morning at a specified time. I'm responsible for getting my daughter and me out the door in time for us to go be slaves to time.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hammer of Los » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:49 pm

I just like to chillax and do f**k all.

All day long.

It's true.

Wu Wei.
Hammer of Los

Postby chump » Wed May 07, 2014 9:12 am

Here's a guy who is on his way to fly a banner around the Rockies game, but his plane loses power and slams into a house. He miraculously walks away from the crash to discover that "he once owned the house he crashed into."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/lo ... se-on-fire
No one was home at the time of the crash, a fire official said, but firefighters were able to safely rescue two pet dogs and a lizard from the burning home.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25705 ... northglenn
After checking out his gutted Northglenn home, Matthew Richardson had this to say Tuesday: "My house is still standing. There was a plane sticking out of it earlier."

"It's bizarre and unfortunate," Richardson added. "But there's no loss of life."
chump

Postby 82_28 » Wed May 07, 2014 1:06 pm

chump » Wed May 07, 2014 5:12 am wrote:

Here's a guy who is on his way to fly a banner around the Rockies game, but his plane loses power and slams into a house. He miraculously walks away from the crash to discover that "he once owned the house he crashed into."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/lo ... se-on-fire
No one was home at the time of the crash, a fire official said, but firefighters were able to safely rescue two pet dogs and a lizard from the burning home.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25705 ... northglenn
After checking out his gutted Northglenn home, Matthew Richardson had this to say Tuesday: "My house is still standing. There was a plane sticking out of it earlier."

"It's bizarre and unfortunate," Richardson added. "But there's no loss of life."

In no way is this a coincidence or synch, but I was just about to bring up this exact story and knowing that you're in CO and saw Chump I knew it would be this. Beat me to the punch. Anyway, what are the odds? The plane crash that is.
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion