Coincidences and Synchronicities

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coincidences and Synchronicities

Postby slimmouse » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:58 pm

zangtang » 10 Feb 2015 09:00 wrote:dear diary - more please - I think you've found yourself in a nexus, a convocation maybe of
some of the jewels in the net, and whilst i can't in good conscience
ask anyone top spend (even) more time in the pub,
i pretty much think you should.

like a public duty er....to us.....
sort of thing

Thanks for that Indra.

The pub's been kinda quiet for the past couple of days. The Castaneda/Don Juan fan just went out on a journey for a couple of weeks. The Doppelganger, like myself is trying to save money. When I briefly saw him this evening, he had a copy of the wandering bishops loaded into his web browser, but he told me he was taking a break from it to watch some other stuff.

I have any amount of other real-life characters and images I could fit into this scenario.

Such as the Paranoid/Schizophrenic Marine who served as a guard at the White-House during the Nixon presidency. Truly fucking great guy called XXXXXX. Not to be confused with CIA guy.

Peter the Swede turned up a few weeks ago. We began a conversation recently about John Lamb Lash.

If youre looking for hope in this world, then Peter surely is,

Literally all blonde-haired-blue-eyed human features, but not with standing. What a mind.

Or is that Soul?

Did I mention the David Icke look-alike?
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby zangtang » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:53 am

ho-kay, now i've got to spool back this thread, because 'the wandering bishops' just turned up
coupla days ago, if not this thread then another, not exactly earth shattering
given our mileu.......
(love that word)

i'm sure the'll be more to come, whilst i'm still processing (bit grand)
Jupiter ascending....what a curate's egg they made of that.
zangtang

Blog: View Blog (0)

hits from the gong

Postby IanEye » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:08 am

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind,
and therefore never send to know for whom the Gong gongs; it gongs for thee."

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:19 am

This is a doozy.

On Saturday night I had a dream that one of my friends texted me two photos of a strange animal which looked like a large, elongated fluffy white dog with a lion's head, very similar to dragon myths from Chinese lore, but rather cute and cuddly with a face more like a Samoyed. It was a photo taken in some kind of hotel lobby in the "backstage" area at a conference or something like it. There was one photo of the animal, and one of him posing with it. It dwarfed him and wrapped all the way around him like a huge nest. He asked me if I knew that the animal that Falcor from The Neverending Story was real, albeit smaller. I asked what it was and he said it was a mammal species like a platypus with no relatives in its family or genus. It was such a vivid dream that I told my partner about it. He's kind of a wild guy and is always experiencing new and bizarre things so my dream-self accepted it. I mean here he was posing with this giant dog-dragon and it certainly looked real.

Today, two days later, on social media I see that he has posted two images from this old fake news story (which I have seen before, I'm sure many of you have as well, but it's been years) along with a headline and link.

http://banoosh.com/photos-dragon-shot-d ... -go-viral/
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby semper occultus » Fri May 08, 2015 1:13 pm

semper occultus » 02 Feb 2015 11:14 wrote:I've always accumulated books so have ended up selling quite a few on Amazon when its worthwhile....

...what's weird is my sales seem to cluster in twos....what keeps happening is that I can go several months without a sale but as soon as I sell one then I get another order within the next few days .....its just happened again - with extra weirdness as I sold a book by a particular author that I posted last Wednesday - then this morning a second sale arrived for 2 other books by the same author - which I assumed would be the same person coming back for more stock but was a totally different customer...

...not to labour the point but...just happened again.....had a sale on 4 April & the second one's just hit my in box...( different customer )....

....just seems such an inconsequential area of my life for the cosmic trickster to take such a keen interest in......( ..if they are reading then I am entirely open to synchronistically getting propositioned by women who all look like Candice Swanepoel...)
semper occultus

Postby zangtang » Fri May 08, 2015 3:45 pm

you call that trickster ?

- i was getting ready to go to the pub when i saw the thread on coincidences & synchronicities was back from the dead,
so i thought i'd have a quick read and i did, and it was Semper, who i've always liked, not just because its a really cool name,means always hidden, and a slicker'n shit avatar,
and i thought hold on - i've seen this before - fuck thats weird, i'm having a deja vu on a rigint thread about coincidence so
i checked the date & yup it says may 8th and i know thats today,2015 - because we had a general election yesterday & i stayed up all night.....
what are the chances, deja vu on a thread about high strangeness, on which i am something of an unacknowledged authority.........
- then i saw i was reading inside a quote box dated 2nd of Feb !

I'm a fucking idiot, and it appears to be incurable !

I won a hundred quid on the tories @ten to one, so i'm off to the pub.
zangtang

Postby semper occultus » Fri May 08, 2015 4:21 pm

zangtang » 08 May 2015 19:45 wrote:I'm a fucking idiot, and it appears to be incurable !

I won a hundred quid on the tories @ten to one, so i'm off to the pub.

....good call ......if you's an idiot then you're not as big a one as the opinion pollsters...or most of the polical and media establishment ...

..enjoy that drink cos we're all gonna need it...
semper occultus

Postby TheDuke » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:30 pm

Yesterday I found myself wikiing the cast of On the Buses (an ancient English sitcom), prompted by the broadcast of one of the spin off movies on free to air TV here in Sydney and today:

On The Buses actor Stephen Lewis has died aged 88, his family have confirmed.

The star died peacefully at 1.50am on Wednesday in the Cambridge Nursing Home, in Wanstead, east London.

He was "in high spirits" right until the end, his niece Rebecca Lewis said, adding that he had been in the care home for around three years.

"He was always singing and joking," she said.

She tweeted a final photo of her uncle, and wrote to his fans: "Sadly my uncle 'Blakey' Stephen Lewis passed away yesterday.

"Very sad time for family."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... es-6247667
TheDuke

Postby tapitsbo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:09 am

synchronicity: buying a "loukaniko" sausage on sale at the grocery store

the next day the link to the blogger "loukanikos" (a "rebel dog") is posted here

I'd never heard of either.

the past two days a disturbed sounding dog has been howling incessantly from behind my girlfriend's house, bothering her.

I've read elsewhere that greek anarchists have issued a call for extreme destabilization starting next month.
tapitsbo

Postby zangtang » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:19 am

If i was the Greeks I'd be taking all the refugees - all of them - and driving them straight into Germany.

If they're not doing that at some gov't sanctioned nod and a wink level.........be very surprised
zangtang

Postby Lord Balto » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:00 pm

tapitsbo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:09 am wrote:synchronicity: buying a "loukaniko" sausage on sale at the grocery store

Is that like a hot dog?
Lord Balto

Postby tapitsbo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:53 pm

The dog in the basement's quiet now, we quietly played some music to calm him. Spooky action at a distance

The piece of meat was all by itself, discounted and sticking out like a sore thumb. Love these knots of coincidence
tapitsbo

Postby 82_28 » Sat May 21, 2016 1:56 pm

Alan Young, Wilbur on 'Mister Ed,' dead at 96

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/20/entertain ... index.html

Homeboykris dies after win; Pramedya euthanized after breaking leg

http://espn.go.com/horse-racing/story/_ ... akness-day

Got me. But seems like a coincidence to me.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby KUAN » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:43 pm

Erik Tawaststjerna also relates an anecdote in connection with (Jean) Sibelius's death:

...was returning from his customary morning walk. Exhilarated, he told his wife Aino that he had seen a flock of cranes approaching. "There they come, the birds of my youth," he exclaimed. Suddenly, one of the birds broke away from the formation and circled once above Ainola. It then rejoined the flock to continue its journey.

Two days later, on 20 September 1957, Sibelius died of a brain haemorrhage at age 91 in Ainola

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Sibe ... _and_death
KUAN

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Garry Marshall, 'Happy Days' creator and 'Pretty Woman' director dies at 81

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/20/entertain ... index.html

There Was Something Funny About Scott Baio’s R.N.C. Speech

Almost every fortune cookie becomes more amusing when you add “in bed” at the end. And almost every sentence in Scott Baio’s speech at the Republican National Convention on Monday night becomes more amusing when you add “like my career” at the end. Here are some favorite examples.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/07/ ... rnc-speech

There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion