Coincidences and Synchronicities

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coincidences and Synchronicities

Postby elfismiles » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:36 pm

Has anyone in the Synch community created a coding / categorization system for types of synchronicities? Something like J. Allen Hynek's Close Encounter scales or Jacques Vallee's grid... ? http://www.jacquesvallee.net/bookdocs/classif.pdf
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby slimmouse » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:42 pm

Thanks for that Miles

I cant imagine, if enough people knew of such a place, how they would ever begin to deal with the volume of input.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby slimmouse » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:36 pm

If I was to say to you, that the local bar I frequent has recently been populated with

1 A guy who is a wandering Bavarian Stonemason, complete with regalia, seeking to become a master,
2 Almost my own Doppelganger.
3. A Carlos Casteneda fan.

You might think Im either lying, or having some kind of Psychedelic experience.

But of course you have to be here.

I mean, statistically speaking this might not sound so ridiculous, were it not for the fact that there have never been more than about a dozen people in the place when all this has been going on.

On edit. I forgot to add 4 - the former CIA operative, who, however this all works out will always remain a good friend of mine :bigsmile
slimmouse

Postby lucky » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:09 am

:starz: ...'the local bar I frequent'...
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Searcher08 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:43 am

@slim - Have you read Tom Robbins "Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates"?
I think you would enjoy it very much :sun:

http://www.amazon.com/Fierce-Invalids-Home-From-Climates/dp/055337933X
Switters is a contradiction for all seasons: an anarchist who works for the government; a pacifist who carries a gun; a vegetarian who sops up ham gravy; a cyberwhiz who hates computers; a man who, though obsessed with the preservation of innocence, is aching to deflower his high-school-age stepsister (only to become equally enamored of a nun ten years his senior). Yet there is nothing remotely wishy-washy about Switters. He doesn’t merely pack a pistol. He is a pistol. And as we dog Switters’s strangely elevated heels across four continents, in and out of love and danger, discovering in the process the “true” Third Secret of Fatima, we experience Tom Robbins—that fearless storyteller, spiritual renegade, and verbal break dancer—at the top of his game. On one level this is a fast-paced CIA adventure story with comic overtones; on another it’s a serious novel of ideas that brings the Big Picture into unexpected focus; but perhaps more than anything else, Fierce Invalids is a sexy celebration of language and life

@lucky :lol2: Like pubs, remember?

@NeonLX I have had similar things happen with the TV. I also found if I had enough 'attention', that I could formulate a question, flick on a random TV channel and about 50% of the time instantly get a really useful pointer, question or situation pattern breaker. seems much less common when websurfing though.
Searcher08

Postby elfismiles » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:58 pm

So, a fellow at facebook synch group provided me with this link ... which may have already been posted around here somewhere but if not:

A scale for measuring Synchronicity
http://suso.suso.org/xulu/A_scale_for_m ... chronicity

slimmouse » 04 Feb 2015 21:42 wrote:Thanks for that Miles

I cant imagine, if enough people knew of such a place, how they would ever begin to deal with the volume of input.

elfismiles » 04 Feb 2015 19:36 wrote:Has anyone in the Synch community created a coding / categorization system for types of synchronicities? Something like J. Allen Hynek's Close Encounter scales or Jacques Vallee's grid... ? http://www.jacquesvallee.net/bookdocs/classif.pdf
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:02 pm

One type of synch my wife and I experience frequently ... previously ONLY seemingly with MST3K ... is TV shows synching with things we've just recently talked about.

But lately it's been happening with just about any tv show we watch.

The other night my wife had used the phrase "gas giant" and then a couple hours later we were watching a 30 ROCK episode and someone used that phrase - tho in a different context.

Last night, the tv shows were themselves synching with each other ... first on 30 ROCK a character gets his hand stuck up inside a vending machine ... then later on FRASIER there is a scene with a vending machine and the Frasier character puts his hand up inside the machine and I immediately freaked out thinking "he's gonna get his hand stuck just like that other show" but ... he didn't.

:shrug:
elfismiles

Postby slimmouse » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:23 pm

Diary update.

Went into the bar tonight. The bavarian illuminati werent there.

Nor was the CIA guy here, this afternoon. I reckon that the former CIA guy is lonely. He only turns up in afternoons, hoping no doubt for some real company.

Both myself and XXXXX ( The CIA guy) recently encountered a Nazi.

Nice guy though, by the name of Patrick. Yesterday the CIA guy informed me that our good Nazi friend Patrick had, to quote him, gone insane, due to some plant or other, and gone home to finland.

I could tell he missed Patrick, particularly without his Nazism

When you meet these guys in real life, you suddenly begin to understand how our own lives are the ultimate satire.

Which isnt to say that any of this isnt actually real.
slimmouse

Postby elfismiles » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:14 pm

... and ... just a little while ago while on facebook a friend mentioned (in the context of the outed liar anchorman) common bragging-lie tropes citing folks claiming they were at Woodstock ... so a couple hours later I'm watching an old episode of CHEERS and the Sam Malone character states that he was at Woodstock - the punchline being he doesn't remember the music because he was there with a girl. Not the exact same context but the same name. Not the most meaningful synch but ... just saying - it happens all the time lately for me in this context of watching a lot of old tv shows.
elfismiles

Postby 82_28 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:49 pm

I probably wrote about this somewhere upthread, but maybe not.

Back when I began noticing synchs, I came up with a "novel" concept that basically there just aren't that many things. By "many things", I mean there are only so many generations to go around per lifetime. Generations have their shelf life. You're not going to get a synch out of a mention of the Boers anymore -- perhaps I suppose if you were looking up boars and then have Jeopardy on and the $1000 clue is something having to do with the Boer wars. Something like that. .

Just, not that many things to reference and if you're paying a little bit of attention shit is going to run into one another all the time.

Take for instance, planes, trains, automobiles, computers. . .

You're always going to get a hit any time you turn on any kind of media. I hear you, Miles though. When I have the TV or radio on in the backround while reading or writing, I notice it all the time actually -- I will read a word or write one and it comes up almost immediately afterward. . .
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 8bitagent » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:00 am

It seems to always, always be 9:11 when I look at the clock. AM. PM. Not 3:33 nor 11:11. But 911. Like for a decade. Anyone else experience this?
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 82_28 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:39 am

I get my birthday (12:12) all the time. Several times weekly.

Here's another one that I doubt counts. I was watching PBS and a hella fascinating doc about London's thousands of years of underground history came on. Hooked me immediately. I don't know if you can watch it here, but deffo worth the watch if it works for you. Put me on the edge of my seat:

http://video.pbs.org/program/secrets-un ... nd-london/

Then I check my FB page and this link was on there from some guy I don't think I know:

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2015/ ... ?CMP=fb_gu

Again, don't think it counts. But there's that.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby slimmouse » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:13 pm

Diary update.

Had a long and interesting chat with my Doppelganger tonight, who strangely enough appears to be a great bloke.

Our conversations were interesting from the moment that we met, about a fortnight ago. Not to mention our life histories. Turns out that we spent most of our lives about 30km from each other. I wont bore you with any of the other psynchronous detail.

Long story short.

We start talking about 9/11, and he suggests that all the physical evidence is what it is.
He then went into a rant about how Alex Jones pisses him off cos to paraphrase him he muddies the waters.

I still have difficulty with his own interpretations of the physical evidence. I talk to him about the warren commission concocted magic bullet theory -

He tells me there is no magic bullet theory. But he''s still listening, so I imagine a different approach, and suggest he checks out Peter Levendas excellent you tube presentation entitled, The wandering Bishops

I know full well he'll watch it, maybe even watching it as I type.

Tommorrow should be interesting :coolshades
slimmouse

Postby Nordic » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:27 am

I've got one!

My poor son, it turns out, has a "lazy eye". And we never caught it. Nobody caught it! At any rate, here he is at 12, and he has to wear an eye patch for a few hours a day.

Anyway, tonight, we were driving to downtown Los Angeles, and he was wearing the eye patch (reluctantly). We've recently taken to plugging in my iphone, with Pandora, into the car's stereo, so we can listen to decent tunes, since radio in Los Angeles is so damn awful.

Anyway, we're stuck in traffic, and he got tired of listening to whatever "station" was on, so he grabbed the phone and started searching for another station.

He likes Soundgarden, so he clicked on that one. And the song that started playing?

"Searching with my good eye closed".

He, with his eye patch on his good eye, searching for new music.

We laughed about that for a good long time tonight.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby zangtang » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:00 am

dear diary - more please - I think you've found yourself in a nexus, a convocation maybe of
some of the jewels in the net, and whilst i can't in good conscience
ask anyone top spend (even) more time in the pub,
i pretty much think you should.

like a public duty er....to us.....
sort of thing
zangtang

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion