Sane girlfriend reports picking up TV signals in her head

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Sane girlfriend reports picking up TV signals in her head

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:35 pm

My girlfriend is sooooo not into woooooo. She does happen to be sick with something now. But I just got home and she has relayed to me a story that happened to her while I was at work. She is on no medication. She hasn't had any alcohol for the last two days. She also insists she was wide awake.

Here's what she JUST told me and I am currently asking her questions basically as I type this.

She picked up a number of television stations in her head this morning. A news show and some infomercial. She didn't "see" it, but she knew what it was -- could hear it, but could "tell" what it was and "what was going on on screen". She has details of the news show and the infomercial only. There were a few other channels but those were the only ones she was "able to focus on".

The news show was "near the top of her forehead" and the infomercial featuring a little girl "selling something" to other kids was "a little to the right".

She isn't scared or freaked out. The voices were not talking to her. But she swears she picked up TV signals in her head briefly today.

Another thing: she said the news shows and the infomercial were both seemingly from the 90's "due to the quality of the broadcasts".

What say you all? Jesus, this freaking me out.

She has never read any PKD either -- that's always been my job. She is also not that interested in any of the topics I spend my time here for or the high weird shit that fascinates me so.

I think she's just sick as in "fluish" symptoms, personally.

However, anybody heard of this before?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Peregrine » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:40 pm

Hmmm, interesting. I know there is a thread on here somewhere, older, about how advertisers are using technology to transmit advertisment into the brain. Can't remember where, though. Also, I've heard of people picking up radio stations from the fillings in their teeth. Dunno if there is any credence in that or not, or if it's an urban legend. Made me think of that.
~don't let your mouth write a cheque your ass can't cash~
Peregrine

Re:

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Peregrine wrote:Hmmm, interesting. I know there is a thread on here somewhere, older, about how advertisers are using technology to transmit advertisment into the brain. Can't remember where, though. Also, I've heard of people picking up radio stations from the fillings in their teeth. Dunno if there is any credence in that or not, or if it's an urban legend. Made me think of that.

What's weird too, is that when I was driving home, yes, yes, listening to NPR, they were talking about the G8whatever summits in Ontario. The dude they were interviewing brought up the "sonic devices" that were to be deployed in the billion or so dollars Canada supposedly is paying for security for the 3 or 4 day event. Then she tells me this a few minutes later.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Re: Sane girlfriend reports picking up TV signals in her head

Postby Simulist » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:52 pm

I remembered reading an article a couple of years ago about a billboard that used "Voice to Skull Technology," so I Googled it, and here it is:

http://cryptogon.com/?p=1713

Voice to Skull Technology in New York
December 12th, 2007

Via: AdAge:

New Yorker Alison Wilson was walking down Prince Street in SoHo last week when she heard a woman’s voice right in her ear asking, “Who’s there? Who’s there?” She looked around to find no one in her immediate surroundings. Then the voice said, “It’s not your imagination.”

Indeed it isn’t. It’s an ad for “Paranormal State,” a ghost-themed series premiering on A&E this week. The billboard uses technology manufactured by Holosonic that transmits an “audio spotlight” from a rooftop speaker so that the sound is contained within your cranium. The technology, ideal for museums and libraries or environments that require a quiet atmosphere for isolated audio slideshows, has rarely been used on such a scale before. For random passersby and residents who have to walk unwittingly through the area where the voice will penetrate their inner peace, it’s another story.

Ms. Wilson, a New York-based stylist, said she expected the voice inside her head to be some type of creative project but could see how others might perceive it differently, particularly on a late-night stroll home. “I might be a little freaked out, and I wouldn’t necessarily think it’s coming from that billboard,” she said.

Joe Pompei, president and founder of Holosonics, said the creepy approach is key to drawing attention to A&E’s show. But, he noted, the technology was designed to avoid adding to noise pollution. “If you really want to annoy a lot of people, a loudspeaker is the best way to do it,” he said. “If you set up a loudspeaker on the top of a building, everybody’s going to hear that noise. But if you’re only directing that sound to a specific viewer, you’re never going to hear a neighbor complaint from street vendors or pedestrians. The whole idea is to spare other people.”

Holosonics has partnered with a cable network once before, when Court TV implemented the technology to promote its “Mystery Whisperer” in the mystery sections of select bookstores. Mr. Pompei said the company also has tested retail deployments in grocery stores with Procter & Gamble and Kraft for customized audio messaging. So a customer, for example, looking to buy laundry detergent could suddenly hear the sound of gurgling water and thus feel compelled to buy Tide as a result of the sonic experience.

Mr. Pompei contends that the technology will take time for consumers to get used to, much like the lights on digital signage and illuminated billboards did when they were first used. The website Gawker posted an item about the billboard last week with the headline “Schizophrenia is the new ad gimmick,” and asked “How soon will it be until in addition to the do-not-call list, we’ll have a ‘do not beam commercial messages into my head’ list?”

“There’s going to be a certain population sensitive to it. But once people see what it does and hear for themselves, they’ll see it’s effective for getting attention,” Mr. Pompei said.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby elfismiles » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:54 pm

The threads on advertisers (and parapolitical-perps) Peregrine is thinking of include:

Paranormal experiences vs. targeted individual psyops
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26077

Pentagon Report Investigated Lasers that put Voices in Head
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20199

Nonlethal Weapons Could Target Brain, Mimic Schizophenia
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16278

However, the only verifiable versions of said tech operate in audio only, afaik.

I also know someone personally who claimed to hear a radio station NOT with their fillings but seemingly their ear-ring. This is a male friend of mine, in the para-publishing field at the time, who claimed to have been lying in bed on his side one morning, and could turn his head and "tune" in or out the channel he was hearing. I believe this happened only once.

So, someone experiencing television "images" in their "minds-eye" would be a new one on me.

Well, unless one also accepts the words of "Dr." Fred Bell whom I once saw a video lecture of during which one of his less sensational claims was that people on acid tune into tv-stations. Actually, I think John C. Lilly may have also claimed that.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Laodicean » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:55 pm

You better cook that girl some dinner, 82_28.
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby Elvis » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Strange!

The tooth-filling radio reception thing has happened.
82_28, are you pretty close to Queen Anne Hill? There are some TV broadcast transmission/relay towers on Queen Anne Hill, right? Those things emit a pretty powerful signal. Although with the new digital signals things could be different.
In any case, Queen Anne Hill has been, and still is, as far as I know, the site of many broadcast towers, and might be the source?.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby undead » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Is she running a fever? Because high fever can cause that sort of thing sometimes. When I was a kid I had hallucinations from a fever once. My little sister also had a dead people / DMT entity visitation dream one time when she was running a high fever.
undead

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Laodicean wrote:You better cook that girl some dinner, 82_28.

I was actually bringing her pho at the time. So she's good. I don't think she'd be down with anything solid at this point.
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:04 pm

December 12th, 2007

Hey, thats my birthday that kinda freaks me out so!

:jumping:
82_28

Postby Peregrine » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:15 pm

Yes Elfi, that was what I was thinking of. It was the voice to skull technology I was reading up on a while back.

82_28 wrote:
December 12th, 2007

Hey, thats my birthday that kinda freaks me out so!

:jumping:

Hey, you're only a couple months younger than my kid, she was born October 2007! :lol:
~don't let your mouth write a cheque your ass can't cash~
Peregrine

Postby justdrew » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:36 pm

well, it sounds like a memory of a hypnagogic experience. A person can feel wide awake, yet if their attention isn't focus, they're tired, a brief micro-sleep can generate this kind of thing. often the experience if remembered at all, can feel very real. time typically passes at a different rate, a few seconds can seem like much longer. How long did the experience last? What was the activity before the event?
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby jingofever » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:59 pm

In cases like this, once you rule out drugs and schizophrenia you suggest temporal lobe epilepsy. I know that because I just saw a movie where Johnny Dark (aka Johnny Twain) tested Christopher Walken for temporal lobe epilepsy. It came back negative. A lot of people have hallucinations with no seeming cause. Of course it might not be a hallucination.

82_28 wrote:She has never read any PKD either -- that's always been my job. She is also not that interested in any of the topics I spend my time here for or the high weird shit that fascinates me so.

Be sure to tell us if she sees a commercial for Food King followed by Felix the Cat.
jingofever

Postby freemason9 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:05 pm

"sane girlfriend"

they all say that, at first
The real issue is that there is extremely low likelihood that the speculations of the untrained, on a topic almost pathologically riddled by dynamic considerations and feedback effects, will offer anything new.
freemason9

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:16 pm

freemason9 wrote:"sane girlfriend"

they all say that, at first

Ha! Indeed.
82_28

Next

Return to General Discussion