Gaurdian 'covers' MK-ULTRA Illuminati Gaga

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Gaurdian 'covers' MK-ULTRA Illuminati Gaga

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:12 pm

Nordic wrote:
Canadian_watcher wrote:who knows.. but we are asking the wrong question here.

we should be asking more about why it is that people in general have tuned out and through apathy create the mess that we're in regardless of what pop stars OR the illuminti do.

But but but then we wouldn't be talking about Lady Gaga!

C'mon, man!

I could talk about that AND talk about Lady Gaga simultaneously...
like for instance:

If Lady Gaga is a 'creation' rife with illuminist symbology this would be either motivating (for change) or hypnotic (accepting the status quo) depending on the mindset of he who is watching her video... that is it would be if ANYONE, ANYWHERE was actually capable of paying attention anymore.

was that a car alarm or am I just imagining things?

discuss. ;)
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Simulist » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:17 pm

What the general public finds entertaining and/or attractive often mystifies me.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:34 pm

word.

but is that because they are naturally 'stupid' - or is it the result of a long-running program of mass-hypnosis through television, food/water additives, radio/tv/microwaves? I mean seriously. People are capable of so much, appreciating and achieving SO much, but we limit ourselves constantly.

I think the greatest change that can happen in this world is for regular people to break free of this hypnotic influence and live their individualities. (and if that means liking Lady Gag, fine. I do happen to like her music)

Question though - why are some of us free from the spell and others not?
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby vince » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Twyla LaSarc wrote:To paraphrase Python,

"She's got better legs than Hitler and bigger tits than Cher."
...gimme a 'diva' like Nina Hagen anyday..

here, here! :thumbsup001:
vince

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Nordic » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:02 pm

I think Lady Gaga is just funny. She's a comedianne. She's like "The Onion" of pop music diva-dom.

But like with most satire, some people take it seriously.

And she's fine with that.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Simulist » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:03 pm

Canadian_watcher wrote:word.

but is that because they are naturally 'stupid' - or is it the result of a long-running program of mass-hypnosis through television, food/water additives, radio/tv/microwaves? I mean seriously. People are capable of so much, appreciating and achieving SO much, but we limit ourselves constantly.

I think the greatest change that can happen in this world is for regular people to break free of this hypnotic influence and live their individualities. (and if that means liking Lady Gag, fine. I do happen to like her music)

Question though - why are some of us free from the spell and others not?

I'm not sure, but that's a hell of a good question.

This has been increasing steadily over the past several years, but it's gotten to the point now where I can barely tolerate the insistent, demanding sounds and phony, plastic images (and people) served up for mass cognitive consumption by the establishment media. As a result, I almost never watch television, except for a few movies and even fewer series that I can select through Netflix.

Most of the rest of it seems utterly — and embarrassingly — without value and false.

When friends and family ask me about this, I usually make a joke at my expense — like quoting Abe Vigoda: "I was young once, and I wasn't good at it." ;)
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:57 pm

Rap artists will intentionally use "Masonic" or "esoteric" symbolism as they associate it with old rich white dudes and money. And that, 15 years later, is still the big meal ticket theme. So of course all these rap albums will have the one dollar pyramid eye or or all this stuff.

And Lady Gaga is a "product of the Illuminati", if the "Illuminati" is a beat making producer in New York doing the usual "stick girl on album cover/have her sing over my tracks for instant fame/craft every aspect of her personality and image"

Simulist wrote:What the general public finds entertaining and/or attractive often mystifies me.

Well, Boticelli's Venus would be considered "ugly and fat" by mainstream pop media standards, even though the majority of Americans are now overweight
The barely survived a holocaust death camp but now have anorexia and heroin dependency look is as big as ever

Luther Blissett wrote:
I postulated that it is because both artists have insanely nice backsides but Lady Gaga gets a lot more attention for hers, and Newsom is jealous and doesn't want to expose that much skin.

Well I find Joanna Newsom's work absolutely transcendent. I can put on Milk and the Mender and be transported away. I hear a Lady Gaga song, and it just feels like the most prurient regurgitated color-less drivel.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby foistlastus » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:35 pm

8bitagent wrote: I hear a Lady Gaga song, and it just feels like the most prurient regurgitated color-less drivel.

Me too, I have a background as a dj {new wave, punk, goth, heavy metal, techno} and like all kinds of music. I have tried to watch to a few of Gaga's videos and they are painful, I just can't stand to listen to the whole piece.
foistlastus

Postby nathan28 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:54 pm

OMGESOTERICALSYMBULZ!!! Shit, motherfucker, you better check your door, because I think the NSA is out there. Did you know they read your emails??!!!?!? Theirs a gps in my fonez! OH SHIT, A WHITE VAN PASSED YOUR RESIDENCE IN THE PAST WEEK

Chill the fuck out. How many warrants are out for your arrest? How many weeks have you been on the presidentially-sponsored assassination lists? Did you know zero multiplied by any other number is zero? Lady Gaga is using "Illuminist symbolism" BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE FUCKING SYMBOLS THAT WE USE. 4Realz. Do you not realize this would be like saying that in Tibet they use Bon symbolism? "Is the Dalai Lama secretly using pictures of secret Tibetan deities in public secretly?" Of course he is, what else was he going to use, pictures of Thomas Friedman? OMG is that a one-dollar bill in your pocket, or are you just flaccid? Yeah, it was secret--MORE THAN A CENTURY AGO. In case you didn't notice Al Pike spilled almost all the beans on purpose. Like, whoa, checkerboard floors! Do they mean something? Of course it fucking did, once. Right now? Maybe... maybe not.

Oh, sorry, I meant, "Her music obviously is terrible but she's so successful so she's clearly an Illuminati puppet who's corrupting the minds of children with her over-the-top costumes and set pieces, her refusal to lip sync and her complete creative control of her productions and even if she's not it's soo way synchronomystical, dude, and definitely not the target of a nasty entertainment industry word-of-mouth smear about her being a man because of her insistence on retaining control, and even if that's true that doesn't mean she's not an Illuminati puppet without knowing it" Etc.

Simulist wrote:
Penguin wrote:Everything eats something.

I just came from the Lady Gaga thread. I think I'm going to be ill.

Your mistake, man.

„MAN MUSS BEFUERCHTEN, DASS DAS GANZE IN GOTTES HAND IST"

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby barracuda » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:12 am

Yeah, Fanny Hill, I hope that's her next illuminautically-themed video production. But let's see if she can keep it around three minutes this time. Eight minute music videos are somewhat exhausting these days, even if you're playing "Let's Find the Product Placement".
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:20 am

foistlastus wrote:
8bitagent wrote: I hear a Lady Gaga song, and it just feels like the most prurient regurgitated color-less drivel.

Me too, I have a background as a dj {new wave, punk, goth, heavy metal, techno} and like all kinds of music. I have tried to watch to a few of Gaga's videos and they are painful, I just can't stand to listen to the whole piece.

Yep. And I love all kinds of electronic and pop dance music. Heck I grew up on Eurthymics, Depeche Mode, etc. When I saw the Alejahandro video I wondered if there was anything not completely ripped off from Madonna.

Anything you been listening to lately worth note?
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:59 am

Grace Potter & the Nocturnals

http://www.gracepotter.com/

I may be wrong, but the MK illumni I believe concentrates more on entertaining tweens.
Iamwhomiam

Postby ninakat » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:32 am

Nordic wrote:I think Lady Gaga is just funny. She's a comedianne. She's like "The Onion" of pop music diva-dom.

But like with most satire, some people take it seriously.

And she's fine with that.

Yeah, definitely satire -- which is much more entertaining to me when not taken seriously.

I also resonated with slomo's postings. And I'm an ambient musician who likes serious music (classical, jazz, ECM, eno, etc.) -- but it must be the faggot in me that enjoys pop divas too. Call me broad minded.

Oh, and fuck this illuminati shit -- let's party. :trippin: [<< that was satire, in case you needed it spelled out]
ninakat

Postby ninakat » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:17 am

Twyla LaSarc wrote:To paraphrase Python,

"She's got better legs than Hitler and bigger tits than Cher."

I would agree that she seems to put on an interesting show and I admire the skill it takes, but her music seems shallow despite her technical chops. She might just be playing to her audience because being a plastic pop diva makes more money, she wouldn't be the first songwriter to do that. Or she could just be a vapid barbie doll/piano savant. Either way, I've heard her like twice, and I aim to keep it that way (preferring music that others often will chew their legs off to escape...gimme a 'diva' like Nina Hagen anyday...)

Ooooh, Nina Hagen, hell yeah. I love that bitch. But there's room for Gaga too, it's just got a different purpose. At least they're both on the same side, in a twisted way. Don't ask.
ninakat

Postby norton ash » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:18 pm

I appreciate the multimedia thrust Gaga puts across, but the violence freaks me out a bit, and I wonder how kids digest all this.

Any Gorillaz fans here? I've only scratched the surface with them, but they're Gaga's cartoon peers in freaky-deaky illuminist/apocalyptic content with a radically reflexive message. And the Gorillaz' music is MUCH more interesting and eclectic from what I've heard.

They've both recently embraced Tarantino-Grindhouse video style with what looks like a lot of support from mainstream Hollywood as well.
Zen horse
norton ash

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion