Europe’s 1933 UFO Crash

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Europe’s 1933 UFO Crash

Postby barracuda » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:28 pm

luna.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby freemason9 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:57 pm

Simulist wrote:
freemason9 wrote:i wonder why there is never verifiable evidence of such things

Pretty amazing: even many of the outlooks people build their lives around — on religion, politics, etc. — often have an astonishing lack of "verifiable evidence" to support them.

And yet, undeterred, those very same people continue to live as if they are in possession of absolute truths.

snappy comeback,

does this justify praying to the aliens, though?

i think there is a difference between spirituality and pseudoscience, but to each his/her own, i suppose.
The real issue is that there is extremely low likelihood that the speculations of the untrained, on a topic almost pathologically riddled by dynamic considerations and feedback effects, will offer anything new.
freemason9

Postby Simulist » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:13 am

freemason9 wrote:
Simulist wrote:
freemason9 wrote:i wonder why there is never verifiable evidence of such things

Pretty amazing: even many of the outlooks people build their lives around — on religion, politics, etc. — often have an astonishing lack of "verifiable evidence" to support them.

And yet, undeterred, those very same people continue to live as if they are in possession of absolute truths.

snappy comeback,

i think there is a difference between spirituality and pseudoscience, but to each his/her own, i suppose.

Praying to aliens would be totally ridiculous; we can certainly agree there.

Still, if one really thinks about it, would this really be any more ridiculous than praying to a pre-packaged God who's existence also lacks "verifiable evidence" but who nonetheless is sold on store shelves (these also known as pews) each and every Sunday morning?
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:46 am

Freemason9 wrote:

And also this
Praying to aliens would be totally ridiculous; we can certainly agree there.
Still, if one really thinks about it, would this really be any more ridiculous than praying to a pre-packaged God who's existence also lacks "verifiable evidence" but who nonetheless is sold on store shelves (these also known as pews) each and every Sunday morning?

Hmm... Preying aliens, perhaps alien preying mantises.

Praying to God, the ultimate, all-powerful indescribable alien, is considered quite normal and is practiced daily by billions of humans.

Great photos! Thanks.

Sad though, that the spectacular manta was captured and killed and only then birthed its young into the same fatal hands of unfeeling humans.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Stephen Morgan » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:34 am

barracuda wrote:Well, yes, you can accuse the nazis of many things, but a lack of ambition is probably not among them.

The rocket plane was ambitious, but not really very good. It didn't have an undercarriage, so it had to be launched from a glorified shopping trolley and had to skid along the grass to stop. Had to glide back down due to lack of fuel space. Nasty tendency to blow up. Fast on the way up, though. Unless the shopping trolley bounced back up when released and made it blow up, of ocurs.e
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Previous

Return to General Discussion