Billionaire Pedophile Jeffrey Epstein Goes Free

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Billionaire Pedophile Jeffrey Epstein Goes Free

Postby Cordelia » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:12 pm

^^^video as noted by SLAD above (2:15 mark)

New Tape Shows Donald Trump And Jeffrey Epstein At Mar-A-Lago Party In 1992

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad1ysX2iLmA
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:58 pm

^^^^^^^

That entire 'news' segment should be offensive to anyone above room-temperature IQ; the 1992 clip was by far the least troublesome aspect of it. Unfortunately those that regularly subscribe to these programs and absorb this content at face-value have long ago lost the ability to distinguish between farce and reality.

It's getting increasingly difficult for the layman to tell the difference.

Catnip for the huddled masses.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Cordelia » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:12 pm

It is offensive; that’s the point, for me, not having had t.v. in almost 35 years, I don’t regularly (in fact never) subscribe. Today I ‘appreciated’ an opportunity to view the farce--I've never watched him or his t.v. show--who is now, ‘in reality’, our President, from 27 years ago. So, viewer mileage will vary. (Trump makes Epstein look almost like a dignified man in that clip. :roll: )
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:06 pm

Indeed, and to be clear, i will readily identify myself as a layman, in a number of respects, compared to you (and other members here), Cordelia.

I speak of the unfortunately un-informed; the humans largely programmed to remain tragically uninformed, and therefore keeping such satire/tragedy/criminality at the forefront of our senses.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Elvis » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:24 pm

Who is the very tall man with silver hair and gray jacket?—who seems to come in with Epstein, or right after him.

Anyone know?

(For a moment my mind flashed—"is that Sandusky?")
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:06 pm

blackmail

a wave of panic is rippling through Manhattan, DC, and Palm Beach

Likely within days, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit will release almost 2,000 pages of documents that could reveal sexual abuse by “numerous prominent American politicians, powerful business executives, foreign presidents, a well-known prime minister, and other world leaders,” according to the three-judge panel's ruling

“It’s Going to Be Staggering, the Amount of Names”: As the Jeffrey Epstein Case Grows More Grotesque, Manhattan and DC Brace for Impact
By Gabriel ShermanJuly 17, 2019

The disgraced financier “collected people,” said a source. Could some of them be implicated in his crimes? Meanwhile, Alan Dershowitz (“He’s a bad person”) and David Boies (“He’s a liar”) are already at war over the case.

The Jeffrey Epstein case is an asteroid poised to strike the elite world in which he moved. No one can yet say precisely how large it is. But as the number of women who’ve accused the financier (at least, that’s what he claimed to be) of sexual assault grows to grotesque levels—there are said to be more than 50 women who are potential victims—a wave of panic is rippling through Manhattan, DC, and Palm Beach, as Epstein’s former friends and associates rush to distance themselves, while gossiping about who might be ensnared. Donald Trump’s labor secretary, Alexander Acosta, architect of the original 2007 non-prosecution agreement that let Epstein off with a wrist slap, has already been forced to resign.

The questions about Epstein are metastasizing much faster than they can be answered: Who knew what about Epstein’s alleged abuse? How, and from whom, did Epstein get his supposed $500 million fortune? Why did Acosta grant Epstein an outrageously lenient non-prosecution agreement? (And what does it mean that Acosta was reportedly told Epstein “belonged to intelligence”?) But among the most pressing queries is which other famous people might be exposed for committing sex crimes. “There were other business associates of Mr. Epstein’s who engaged in improper sexual misconduct at one or more of his homes. We do know that,” said Brad Edwards, a lawyer for Courtney Wild, one of the Epstein accusers who gave emotional testimony at Epstein’s bail hearing. “In due time the names are going to start coming out.” (Attorneys for Epstein did not respond to a request for comment.)

Likely within days, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit will release almost 2,000 pages of documents that could reveal sexual abuse by “numerous prominent American politicians, powerful business executives, foreign presidents, a well-known prime minister, and other world leaders,” according to the three-judge panel's ruling. The documents were filed during a civil defamation lawsuit brought by Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre, a former Mar-a-Lago locker-room attendant, against Epstein’s former girlfriend and alleged madam, Ghislaine Maxwell. “Nobody who was around Epstein a lot is going to have an easy time now. It’s all going to come out,” said Giuffre’s lawyer David Boies. Another person involved with litigation against Epstein told me: “It’s going to be staggering, the amount of names. It’s going to be contagion numbers.”

Epstein remained a fixture in elite circles even after he was a registered sex offender. A few years ago, for example, he was a guest at a dinner in Palo Alto hosted by LinkedIn cofounder Reid Hoffman for the MIT neuroscientist Ed Boyden. At the dinner, Elon Musk introduced Epstein to Mark Zuckerberg. (“Mark met Epstein in passing one time at a dinner honoring scientists that was not organized by Epstein,” Zuckerberg spokesman Ben LaBolt told me. “Mark did not communicate with Epstein again following the dinner.”)

In an email, Elon Musk responded: “I don’t recall introducing Epstein to anyone, as I don’t know the guy well enough to do so, Epstein is obviously a creep and Zuckerberg is not a friend of mine. Several years ago, I was at his house in Manhattan for about 30 minutes in the middle of the afternoon with Talulah [Riley], as she was curious about meeting this strange person for a novel she was writing. We did not see anything inappropriate at all, apart from weird art. He tried repeatedly to get me to visit his island. I declined.”

One source who’s done business with Epstein told me that Epstein’s 21,000-square-foot townhouse on East 71st Street welcomed a steady stream of the Davos crowd in the past decade. The source said Bill Gates, Larry Summers, and Steve Bannon visited the house, which has been called one of the largest private residences in Manhattan. “Jeffrey collected people. That’s what he did,” the source said. Gates and Summers did not respond to requests for comment.

Thus far, the name most publicly associated with Epstein’s alleged crimes is famed lawyer Alan Dershowitz, who’s been waging a public battle with David Boies for years. In April, Boies’s client Giuffre sued Dershowitz for defamation after Dershowitz called her a liar (a strategy similar to that of seven of Bill Cosby’s accusers). In the days since the FBI arrested Epstein at Teterboro Airport a week and a half ago, Dershowitz has been going on television and dialing up friends and reporters to profess his innocence and label Giuffre and Boies liars. “I want everything to come out! I’m not afraid of anything because I did nothing wrong,” Dershowitz told me on the afternoon of July 15.

He called me a minute after I had emailed him for comment. He said he’d been friends with Epstein since 1996, when they were introduced at a party on Martha’s Vineyard by Lynn Forester de Rothschild. “She begged me to meet him. She told me, ‘here’s this smart academic.’” A few days later, Epstein invited Dershowitz to Les Wexner’s 59th birthday party at Wexner’s mansion in New Albany, Ohio. “It’s a tradition that Jeff invited the smartest person he met that year. He told them I was the smartest.” They remained close for years. Dershowitz strenuously denied ever participating in Epstein’s underage sex ring and said he’d only been in Epstein’s presence with his wife. “I got one massage!” he told me. “It was from a 50-year-old Russian woman named Olga. And I kept my shorts on. I didn’t even like it. I’m not a massage guy.”

Dershowitz said he secretly (and legally) tape-recorded settlement conversations with Boies and that the phone calls capture Boies admitting that Giuffre’s allegations aren’t true. “Boies is a bad person,” he told me.

“I never said that,” Boies responded when I asked about Dershowitz’s version of the phone calls. “What Alan does is he plays a second or two out of context; he never lets anybody listen to the whole thing.” Boies also dismissed Dershowitz’s claim that he never met Giuffre at Epstein’s house. According to Boies, Epstein’s former employees said in sworn depositions that they saw Dershowitz at the house multiple times without his wife. “This Olga woman doesn’t exist. Epstein’s barely kept women around who were over 25. It’s a figment of Alan’s imagination,” Boies said.

On Wall Street, Epstein is a subject of mystery—and fear. “I knew Jeff. He came across as very smart, very sophisticated,” one hedge fund manager told me. “He always had a good read on people. But manipulative people are good at that.” Another person who’s been in meetings with Epstein told me: “He’s very clever.”

How Epstein obtained his fortune is a matter of feverish speculation. His claim to a billionaire-only client list now seems laughable to the bankers I spoke with. One Wall Street source with direct knowledge of Epstein’s business said one source of Epstein’s income was providing “tax advice and estate planning” to rich clients, like Apollo Global Management founder Leon Black, presumably because Epstein had experience with offshore funds after basing his office in the Virgin Islands. In 2015 Black made a $10 million donation to Epstein’s foundation. (Black declined to comment.)

In the absence of much other information, the reigning theory on Wall Street currently is that Epstein’s activities with women and girls were central to the building of his fortune, and his relations with some of his investors essentially amounted to blackmail.

Similarly, DC is on edge. “Epstein bragged about his contacts in Washington,” Boies said. Reporters are likely to dig into why the Justice Department decided not to prosecute Epstein and kept the deal secret from his victims. One theory circulating among prominent Republicans is that Epstein was a Mossad agent. Another is that the George W. Bush White House directed Acosta not to prosecute Epstein to protect Prince Andrew on behalf of the British government, then the U.S.’s closest ally in the Iraq war. “The royal family did everything they could to try and discredit the Prince Andrew stuff,” Boies told me. “When we tried to follow up with anything, we were stonewalled. We wanted to interview him, they were unwilling to do anything.” (Prince Andrew could not be reached for comment).

Of course, the two Epstein friends that people are most curious about are Donald Trump and Bill Clinton, both of whom have denied anything untoward. During the 2016 presidential race, Hillary Clinton’s campaign consulted Bill’s post–White House Secret Service logs because they were worried Trump would bring up Bill’s close association with Epstein and wanted to get ahead of the story, a source told me.

For those in Epstein’s orbit, the stakes of exposure are bound to get higher as more and more women come forward. Every day seems to bring new horrors about Epstein’s alleged depravity. At a press conference on Tuesday, Courtney Wild’s lawyer Brad Edwards said that after interviewing dozens of Epstein’s accusers, it appeared Epstein spent almost all of his time abusing underage girls. “It was his full-time job,” Edwards said. “We have not found anyone who has provided information about a legitimate business he was engaged [in].”

This article has been updated to include a comment from Elon Musk, and to clarify Epstein's relationship to Leon Black.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/07 ... -grotesque

Harry Siegel

Verified account

From the same year NBC found Trump parting with Epstein at Mar a Lago, here’s Trump partying with Epstein’s procurer. Talking with @chrislhayes about the latest - diamonds and fake passports! - at 8

The bold-faced names of 1992

"Ghislaine Maxwell tries to get Donald Trump to focus on the conversation as models saunter by."

https://twitter.com/harrysiegel/status/ ... 9730534401
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Heaven Swan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:17 pm

Thanks for posting this SLAD. Very interesting. This and other Epstein—State department connections are surfacing.

Check out these videos by researcher The Amazing Polly. She connects the MK dots better than anyone I’ve found.

Epstein Stories You Won't Find in the News

Jeffrey Epstein and Mad Scientists, Amazing Polly 2019

seemslikeadream » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:54 pm wrote:
Tarot Politics

@TarotPolitics

Yes I was there this is correct. They refused to specify the country that has presumably issued the passport, but said that that fake passport listed an address in Saudi Arabia as his address.https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/sta ... 2818847745

Jeffrey Epstein keeps a framed photo of MBS in his mansion.
https://twitter.com/VickyPJWard/status/ ... 2704284673

The State Department Once Rented A Townhouse Seized From Iran To Jeffrey Epstein — Then Sued Him For Subletting It
A weird and forgotten case from the 1990s shows how connected Jeffrey Epstein was to power.

Rosie Gray
BuzzFeed News Reporter
Posted on July 14, 2019, at 7:56 p.m. ET

US Attorney Geoffrey Berman announces charges against Jeffery Epstein on July 8, in New York City.
Jeffrey Epstein’s Upper East Side mansion has become notorious for its reportedly macabre interior decor, immense size and monetary value, and as the site of some of his lurid alleged crimes.

But Epstein, the financier who has been charged with sex trafficking and accused of sexually abusing young girls, used to live in a different Upper East Side mansion only a few blocks away. It's a mansion that embroiled him in a dispute involving a lawyer for French Connection heroin ring suspects, the State Department, and transitively the government of Iran.

The now-forgotten case — laid out in newspaper clips from the time and extensive court documents — offers a glimpse into a strange facet of Epstein’s life at the time, and constitutes an early example of Epstein popping up in the media as a rich and connected but mysterious New York figure.

Beginning in February 1992, Epstein rented a former Iranian government building that had been taken over by the State Department during the Iranian revolution, at 34 East 69th Street in one of Manhattan’s most expensive neighborhoods, and at a rate of $15,000 a month.

But things went sour when the government sued Epstein in the Southern District of New York, alleging that he had at one point failed to pay the rent on time and had violated the lease by moving out in early 1996 and subletting the place without the State Department’s permission. His subtenant was Ivan Fisher, a New York City criminal defense lawyer who had famously defended members of the French Connection and Pizza Connection drug rings. The government also sued Fisher.

A lawyer for Epstein did not respond to a request for comment, and attempts to reach Fisher were unsuccessful.

A New York Daily News article from the time, headlined “Lawyer Pays Not A Cent For Palatial East Side Digs,” said Fisher had stopped paying rent after learning that the State Department had terminated Epstein’s lease as a result of the conflict over Fisher’s subtenancy, and was thus living in the home for free.

“I’m the perfect tenant,” Fisher told the Daily News. The paper described the home’s opulence: “carved oak doors, a white marble foyer, three kitchens, three bedrooms, a library with floor-to-ceiling bookcases, a steam room, 19th-century chandeliers, brass sconces, and a white marble central staircase.” “I pray to God I can stay,” Fisher told the Daily News.

Epstein is described in the story as a “Palm Beach, Fla., financial advisor.” The incident is also briefly mentioned in Vicky Ward’s 2003 Vanity Fair profile of Epstein.

The government’s complaint rested on its assertion that Epstein had not received permission before installing Fisher as the subtenant, and its grievance with Epstein was only intensified by his charging Fisher $20,000 a month for the rent when State was charging $15,000 — netting Epstein a monthly profit.

The voluminous court documents in the case include a later-amended complaint by the government, which added more defendants to the suit — a clutch of other lawyers whom, the government alleged, were in turn subletting office space from Fisher. In a sworn statement, one of those lawyers, Lawrence Gerzog, told the court that he had given Fisher free legal services in exchange for office space, among several other lawyers.

The government eventually moved to evict Fisher, and the court ordered Fisher and Epstein — who in the course of the process were eventually involved in litigation against each other — to pay the back rent and to vacate the premises. An eviction order was served on July 16, 1998, and the marshal noted on the service receipt that the tenants had moved out.

Photo of a New York Daily News story
A story on the case in the New York Daily News, Dec. 23, 1997.

Getting there wasn’t an easy process for the State Department, which had begun by exchanging strongly worded letters with Epstein’s lawyer, Jeffrey Schantz. These were included in the court filings.

“As you are aware, Mr. Epstein’s apparent departure from the house and his failure to make timely rental payments in February and March of this year have been matters of serious concern to this office,” wrote Thomas E. Burns Jr., then the deputy director of the Office of Foreign Missions, in April 1996 in a letter attached to court filings. Burns wrote that the OFM had already found someone to take over the lease from Epstein, a developer named Xenophon Galinas, and that they would not approve the sublease to Fisher.

In June, Burns wrote again, this time directly to Epstein, to notify him that he had violated the lease by leaving the property and subletting it and give him 30 days to kick Fisher out and move in again himself. In August, Burns wrote again to tell Epstein that because Fisher was still there, the State Department was ending the lease. At the end of October, the government filed suit.

Epstein was accused of carrying out an effort to put someone else in the house in his stead without clearing it with the State Department. When Richard C. Massey, an OFM official who had been the point person for Epstein’s lease, was deposed in 1997 by the defendants’ lawyers, he told them Epstein had appeared to make a concerted effort to put someone else in the property without State knowing. “Mr. Epstein was shopping the property around town without our knowledge, all over town,” Massey said. “We had calls from real estate agents who asked us about it. I do not know how many people in the City of New York had a copy of Mr. Epstein’s lease.”

Massey was not able to be reached for comment.

What was Epstein up to? Why had he abandoned the decadent mansion so abruptly and moved out without getting permission to sublet? Epstein made it publicly known when he was moving out, telling the New York Times in January 1996 that the mansion on East 71st Street that would become famous in the context of his alleged crimes was now his. It belonged to Epstein’s client and mentor Les Wexner. It’s unclear how much Epstein paid for the house, if anything, as it was reportedly transferred without a purchase price from a trust linked to both him and Wexner to a company controlled by Epstein.

Fisher, who reportedly once counseled law students to look into a mirror and practice telling potential clients their retainer was $100,000, was banned from practicing in federal court in the Southern District of New York in 2013 after a court grievance committee ruled that he had stolen money from a client.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ro ... department
"When IT reigns, I’m poor.” Mario
Heaven Swan

Postby Spook » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:10 pm

“It’s Going to Be Staggering, the Amount of Names”: As the Jeffrey Epstein Case Grows More Grotesque, Manhattan and DC Brace for Impact

In an email, Elon Musk responded: “.....We did not see anything inappropriate at all, apart from weird art. He tried repeatedly to get me to visit his island. I declined.”

Honeypot, predator, hunter or maybe all three?
I wonder if it ever got to the point that the game became completely subconscious and possibly even to the point of addiction?

And I'm not talking about the alleged paedophilia

On another note, what is it with creeps and weird art? Projecting much...
Spook

Postby Elvis » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:04 am

Heaven Swan wrote:Check out these videos by researcher The Amazing Polly. She connects the MK dots better than anyone I’ve found.

Epstein Stories You Won't Find in the News

Jeffrey Epstein and Mad Scientists, Amazing Polly 2019

Let's be aware that YouTube user "Amazing Polly" is an ardent QAnon adherent, zealous Trump supporter and generally all-around rightwing freak.

Other than that she seems like a nice lady. But dots or no dots, I wouldn't rely on her for understanding of this or any other matter. Here's the intro video description to her YouTube channel:

The Left Hunts Down Anyone Who Offends Their Cult

Amazing Polly
Published on May 15, 2019

Is Leftism a Cult and if so, what might their doctrine be?

I tell you what I have determined by listening closely to them for a few years.
I go over the ways in which Leftists are like Scientologists by looking at the concept of "Suppressive People" and how once someone has dared to question Cult Doctrine they are ostracized, smeared and attacked. I also go over a whole bunch of people who have been declared to be in violation of Leftist Cult Doctrine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGkNUt5GOPI

Be sure to check out her Twitter, but have a barf bag ready. "Q, baby!"
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Grizzly » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:36 am

Regarding fake passports, remember this?
The murder of Mahmoud Al Mabhouh

The murder of Mahmoud Al Mabhouh. Footage from CCTV cameras shows a chronological timeline of the events that took place on the day that Hamas commander Mahmoud Al Mabhouh was assassinated. See more at: http://gulfnews.com/gntv
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:59 am

Watching a little bit of clips of the major news networks every day. Tonight on several of the MSNBC shows, an idea has been floated that Trump is really leaning hard into the racist image and stoking racial animus as a destraction from the Epstein abuse case. That Trump and his advisors would rather Trump be seen as an ardent bigot than someone (at the very least) once connected to the hip of a child trafficker and abuser.
Tonight on Maddow, the current New Mexico Attorney General talked about them coordinating with the SDNY Epstein investigation regarding crimes against minors committed on his sprawling New Mexico ranch, as well as business loopholes in NM he swam in(they talked about him buying said property from former Former NM Gov. Bill Richardson whom Epstein donated large sums of money toward his campaigns. Also on the same Maddow episode tonight,
Maddow closed with the idea that in a few hours we'll know if the judge will grant bail for Epstein, but that if Epstein is looking at facing the rest of his life in a prison(and not some cushy Marthaw Stewart resort prison), that he may start coughing up names. Been seeing this mentioned more and more on tv, given how many powerful people he was connected to and rumors swirling of some of these people inolved in his pedo network.

The media earlier today was abuzz of Trump and Epstein partying with NFL cheerleaders at Mar A Lago in 1992, but absent from the commentary was the fact Ghislaine Maxwell is seen a few feet from both in almost all the footage. Maxwell has by now long been outed as Epstein's right hand person in procure and orchestrating most of this abuse. Maxwell was of course clearly at Chelsea Clinton's wedding in 2010. The right/far right media and conspiracy media wanted to make Epstein all about Clinton, but now it seems like Trump and company may have just as many deep and longstanding ties to Epstein as Clinton and his orbit does. This is why I just don't trust any mainstream or alternative media that only focuses on this case from one political agenda without implicating BOTH presidents. Now we're learning (possible) intelligence agencies, prime ministers, royals, more billionaire tycoons, etc could be ensnared.

The news coming out of Epstein's possible ties to Saudi Arabian elite, including MBS feels like a surprise even though it shouldn't. When I first heard of Epstein in 2015 in relation to his ties to both Clinton and Trump, I never imagined Epstein would literally be extremely tied to so many powerful people, perhaps the most powerful people in the world and in America. The right wing has hijacked the term "deep state", but if you were to make a Mark Lombari diagram of all of Epstein's 1/0 degree of separation with power players, Epstein is as "deep state" as it gets. Across political, financial and geographical boundary.

To SLAD: great research as always. I just read that Vanity Fair article and a few lines stood out. Obviously there is the opening paragraphs about which powerful people could be exposed in the coming days and weeks with unsealed documents, but later in the article

In the absence of much other information, the reigning theory on Wall Street currently is that Epstein’s activities with women and girls were central to the building of his fortune, and his relations with some of his investors essentially amounted to blackmail.

Similarly, DC is on edge. “Epstein bragged about his contacts in Washington,” Boies said. Reporters are likely to dig into why the Justice Department decided not to prosecute Epstein and kept the deal secret from his victims. One theory circulating among prominent Republicans is that Epstein was a Mossad agent. Another is that the George W. Bush White House directed Acosta not to prosecute Epstein to protect Prince Andrew on behalf of the British government, then the U.S.’s closest ally in the Iraq war. “The royal family did everything they could to try and discredit the Prince Andrew stuff,” Boies told me. “When we tried to follow up with anything, we were stonewalled. We wanted to interview him, they were unwilling to do anything.” (Prince Andrew could not be reached for comment).

Currently in the Israeli election cycle, Israeli leader Netanyahu is going full press against challenger Ehud Barak for his deep financial and friendship ties to Epstein. But IF Epstein is tied to the Mossad, wouldn't that also implicate Netanyahu as well? Epstein's emerging ties to the Saudi elite arent much of a surprise then, given Saudi Arabia and Israel's geopolitical ties. the Prince Andrew thing is significant, as there is photo evidence of Andre with the underage victim Virginia Roberts at an Epstein confab. Of all the evidence in the mainstream thus far with Epstein and powerful people tied to this network, Prince Andrew appears tied to the crimes directly by the victims. Of course, Trump, Clinton, etc cant be far away either.

Spook » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:10 pm wrote:

In an email, Elon Musk responded: “.....We did not see anything inappropriate at all, apart from weird art. He tried repeatedly to get me to visit his island. I declined.”

Honeypot, predator, hunter or maybe all three?
I wonder if it ever got to the point that the game became completely subconscious and possibly even to the point of addiction?

And I'm not talking about the alleged paedophilia

On another note, what is it with creeps and weird art? Projecting much...

That whole Pizzagate 2016 thing gave me a headache, but of all the Pizzagate baloney, the one thing that always stood out was how John Podesta and his brother Tony Podesta literally look(to me) 100% identical to the two efit digital person of interest/possible suspect in the Mccann case. It was said to have been two different sketches of one man, but they look identicale to the Podesta. Tony of course featured in magazines years ago for having such a wide array of truly disturbing artwork(including children being tortured)
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Elvis » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:40 am

Elvis

Postby SonicG » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:04 am

Yeah, seeing Q-shit here is sad. She went over information that I have seen elsewhere, but no way she anything in the way of critical thinking skills if she is a Q-tard. The Trump/Epstein rape case is very intriguing, especially following the narrative that Trump got pissed at Epstein because he took the girl's virginity and not him, and that Epstein threatened victims, then here, "Well one person said Trump really cooperated." So you are looking at this cesspool of corruption but someone said Trump, who is a self-admitted molester and lusted after his own underage daughter, has nothing to do with it? ahahahahaha....

Not that I care either way who "goes down" in all of this - Few if anyone else will be inculpated as I don't see any proof that a Rich White Male still won't be be able to buy his way out - But, but..."This is it!! Now the whole Bohemian Grove-Rothschild-Clintonite Reptilians" are going down!!" er, I am not holding my breath. I am hoping that it will reveal at least some of the machinations of intelligence agencies, but I see no proof whatsoever that Trump or any politician is really doing anything to restrict what is truly a Deep State...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:22 am

8bitagent » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:59 am wrote:To SLAD: great research as always. I just read that Vanity Fair article and a few lines stood out. Obviously there is the opening paragraphs about which powerful people could be exposed in the coming days and weeks with unsealed documents, but later in the article

thank you

last night trump rally was full blown nazi....it was planned because he thought Mueller would be testifying yesterday but it was postponed

he is trying to distract with straight up out in the open racism now

The crowd didn't spontaneously "break out" in abusive chants.
Trump's rally organizers put shills in the crowd to start them.

All Fascists do the same thing.

trump is using racism to try to distract us from his pedophilia

Tomorrow in SDNY:

*Epstein bail decision at 9:30a.

*Cohen-related material unsealed at 11a.

don't look away this is really dangerous stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4tkanu-72Y

southpaw

An infant in a Qanon onesie is held aloft at a Trump rally where a crowd of North Carolinians bellowed for the banishment of a Minnesota congresswoman.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw

Where is Ghislaine?

Ghislaine Maxwell, The Socialite on Jeffrey Epstein’s Arm
Matthew SchneierJuly 15, 2019
Jeffrey Epstein with Ghislaine Maxwell in 2005.
Jeffrey Epstein with Ghislaine Maxwell in 2005. Photo: Patrick McMullan via Getty Images

She was there at the socialites’ do’s: Cornelia Guest’s holiday bash, Georgette Mosbacher’s party for the writer Michael Gross. At real-estate mogul Aby Rosen’s birthday, at Bergdorf Goodman’s 111th anniversary, at Harvey Weinstein’s cocktail for William and Harry: Behind the Palace Walls. At film screenings and store openings and fashion shows, at Tina Brown’s home and Arianna Huffington’s home and the Time 100 Gala and the Alzheimer’s Association’s Rita Hayworth Gala. For years — though not lately — Ghislaine Maxwell was a constant on the New York social scene in its most Upper East iteration. She was a friend of everyone, if an intimate of few.

“I know her just socially,” growled the furrier Dennis Basso, who swathes the wealthy in mink. “Alone. She’s been to my fashion shows. But some hundreds of people come.”

Alone — that’s the party line now. Because Maxwell’s closest associate, her intimate, her maybe-employer and now the albatross keeping company with the jewelry around her neck, is Jeffrey Epstein. The disgraced financier, who has been accused of sexually abusing underage girls, is currently awaiting trial at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan on charges of sex trafficking and conspiracy. Maxwell seemed to know many rich and powerful men — articles mention her dining with Bill Clinton, photos show her partying with Elon Musk and deep in conversation with Stephen Schwarzman — but her most durable connection has been with Epstein. She was there at his gargantuan townhouse on East 71st Street, there on his private plane, there with him and Donald Trump and his then-girlfriend Melania at Mar-a-Lago. She was, as he put it in a 2003 Vanity Fair profile, his “best friend.” Maxwell, 57, has been accused in civil suits of serving as his procuress, luring women and girls into Epstein’s web. Maxwell has denied these allegations and has never been criminally charged. Her attorneys did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

In court documents, Epstein’s accusers allege that Maxwell acted as a recruiter, an instructor, and in some cases a participant in the abuse he practiced. Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who claims that Maxwell recruited her on behalf of Epstein when Giuffre was a 16-year-old spa attendant at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, where Epstein has a home, said much of her grooming came from Maxwell herself. “The training started immediately,” she said in a video interview with the Miami Herald. “It was everything down to how to give a blowjob, how to be quiet, be subservient, give Jeffrey what he wants. A lot of this training came from Ghislaine herself. Being a woman, it kind of surprises you that a woman could let stuff like that happen. Not only let it happen but to groom you into doing it.”

Epstein and Maxwell with Donald Trump and his then-girlfriend, Melania Knauss, at Mar-a-Lago in 2000.
Epstein and Maxwell with Donald Trump and his then-girlfriend, Melania Knauss, at Mar-a-Lago in 2000. Photo: Davidoff Studios Photography/Getty Images
After Maxwell disputed Giuffre’s earlier statements to the press and called her a liar, Giuffre sued her for defamation. The two settled the case — as did Maxwell and Sarah Ransome, another woman who claimed Maxwell groomed her — and many of the filings from these suits are sealed or redacted. Earlier this month, just before Epstein’s arrest, the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit ordered filings from the Roberts case to be unsealed, thanks in part to efforts by the Herald and other news organizations, which Maxwell opposes. The files could be made public in a matter of weeks. “The one person most likely in jeopardy is Maxwell, because the records that are going to be unsealed have so much evidence against her,” David Boies, Giuffre’s attorney, told the Herald. He suggested she might have an interest in cooperating with the authorities — “though she may have missed that opportunity.”

Every pretty girl in New York in those days, Ghislaine would invite to Jeffrey’s.
Those who knew Maxwell only as a friendly face on the social circuit were wholly unaware of this side of her. “I have nothing bad to say about her,” one former acquaintance said. “Nobody knew any of this creepy sex stuff,” said another. “No one I knew had any idea.”

Those who knew her in connection with Epstein saw her as nothing more sinister than a social matchmaker.

“Every pretty girl in New York in those days, Ghislaine would invite to Jeffrey’s,” said Euan Rellie, an investment banker and social fixture who has known Maxwell for years and who, along with his wife, the author and socialite Lucy Sykes, was a fellow guest at a dinner for Prince Andrew at Epstein’s townhouse in the early aughts. Maxwell and Epstein had been attached, but she was “now an employee of his, as I understood it,” he said. “Her job was to jazz up his social life by getting fashionable young women to show up.” He presumed the young women to be in their 20s.

Was Maxwell an employee of Epstein’s? No one seemed entirely sure. Their lives were certainly closely entwined. Tabloid reports on her claim that she managed Epstein’s properties — besides the houses in New York and Palm Beach, Epstein has homes in New Mexico and Paris and his own private island in the Caribbean — from his office on Madison Avenue, which appeared for many years as one of Maxwell’s addresses in public records. Court documents show Epstein’s bills going there, too.

Epstein, for his part, once said she wasn’t on the payroll. Yet she did errands for him: hunted for a yoga teacher in California, according to Vanity Fair, or acted as intermediary when he wanted to give his friend the billionaire Les Wexner a family portrait painted by Nelson Shanks, whose previous commissions included Bill Clinton, Prince Charles and Princess Diana, and Pope John Paul II. (Shanks sued Maxwell, Epstein, and the Wexners when Epstein refused to pay for the finished painting; the case settled out of court. Wexner has said that he cut ties with Epstein more than ten years ago. Shanks died in 2015.)

Maxwell with Elon Musk at the Vanity Fair Oscar party in 2014.
Maxwell with Elon Musk at the Vanity Fair Oscar party in 2014. Photo: Kevin Mazur/VF14/WireImage/Getty Images
Maybe these were simply the favors of a devoted friend. When Maxwell donated to Hillary Clinton’s presidential-primary campaign in 2007 ($2,300, the maximum individual contribution allowed at that time), she listed herself as unemployed; when she gave to Gary King’s congressional bid in New Mexico a few years before that (furnishing an address, in Saint Thomas, associated with Epstein), she was “retired.” (Epstein and several associates also donated to King’s various races, including his runs for governor and his successful campaign for attorney general; King has twice had to return money either from Epstein or from companies related to him. Epstein bought his ranch in New Mexico from the family of King’s father, the state’s former governor. And Epstein, who was required to register as a sex offender as part of a 2008 plea agreement with federal prosecutors, managed not to do so in New Mexico.)

In the social world, questions of profession are secondary anyway. “Half of my friends, I don’t even know what they do,” said one social regular who knew Maxwell casually. “It’s just not done to even ask those things.”

And why would you, when Maxwell was great company, as one longtime power broker called her? An addition to any table, said another. “If there was one word, it was charming,” said Patrick McMullan, the society photographer. Vicky Ward, who wrote the Vanity Fair profile of Epstein (and who has said publicly that her reporting about Epstein’s abuse of two young girls was removed from it), returned to the subject of Epstein and Maxwell in a short, separate article. “Full disclosure: I like her,” she wrote. “Most people in New York do. It’s almost impossible not to.”

She was said to be wickedly funny and unusually knowledgeable, glamorous and, on top of that, British. (“I think New Yorkers are charmed by that high-end English accent,” McMullan said.) She could toss off a quip and a flourish worthy of Waugh, even when the occasion wasn’t. “I was drip-fed Shakespeare at Oxford,” she told a party reporter at the launch of book on Richard III by a Hollywood mega-lawyer in the late ’90s. “Just sniffing fresh ink gets me high.”

What’s more, she was exotic. She’d explored the seas and could pilot a helicopter, or maybe a submarine, one acquaintance thought, a MacGyver of the gala circuit. “The couple times we talked,” Tina Brown recalled, “she was always going on about intrepid voyages she took.”

Maxwell arrived in New York in the early ’90s, on the cusp of her 30th birthday. English-born and poshly educated, she was the favorite daughter of Robert Maxwell, the English media mogul, whose holdings included newspapers, notably the tabloid Daily Mirror in London and the Macmillan publishing house in the U.S. Ghislaine had founded a social club for women in London and worked for another of her father’s papers, and according to the New York Post, she came as his emissary to American society when he bought the New York Daily News in 1991.

But that same year, he was found dead — by accident (the official inquest’s ruling), suicide, or murder; opinions vary — in the Atlantic, off the Canary Islands. (He was last seen on the deck of his yacht, the Lady Ghislaine.) Soon after, he was discovered to have plundered the pension funds of the Mirror to shore up his floundering empire. Two of his sons, Kevin and Ian, took over the family’s companies after his death; they stood trial for their alleged involvement in his fraud and were acquitted.

Ghislaine had fine taste and excellent connections, and a whiff of disrepute had never seemed to dim her prospects. “She was very popular at Oxford, absolutely famous,” said Rellie, who was at Cambridge a few years after. “England’s no different from anywhere else. You can have a dad everybody thinks is sleazy and rich and that’s sort of a plus, socially. In a way it made her more fascinating, not less.” She was reported to have an income for life from a family trust, but at £80,000, it would hardly be enough to sustain a high-flying lifestyle. (Infamously, she came to America on the Concorde.)

The meet-cute of Epstein and Maxwell in New York is unclear, and neither has historically gone into any great detail. Suffice it to say that they were romantically linked and then platonically linked. (Ward wrote that Epstein told people his former paramours move “up, not down,” to friend status.) Among socials, she was known to have been attached to Ted Waitt, the ultra-wealthy co-founder of Gateway Computers; one pointed out wryly that around the time his first marriage dissolved, Waitt was unstylish, with a bald patch, a ponytail, and bad clothes; afterward, he was sleek, shaved, and well dressed. (Waitt did not return an email seeking comment.) Part of the Maxwell appeal was savoir-faire: “She had an upbringing and taste and knew how to run a house and a boat and how to entertain,” an acquaintance said. (More than one remembered her entertaining on Waitt’s yacht, Plan B.) “You can’t buy that. You can’t buy access, either.” Maxwell had both.

Her passion was the oceans. For a woman seen everywhere about town, she is curiously silent in the press, except where conservation is concerned. In 2008, she hosted a cocktail party for the board of the nonprofit Oceana at her townhouse on East 65th Street. (Hers? “I’m not sure whose townhouse it was, but she entertained in it,” McMullan said.) And by 2012, she had launched the TerraMar Project, a conservation nonprofit of her own, of which, according to tax filings, she was president but from which she drew no salary. She gave a Ted Talk about its work and talked it up at the U.N. and in the press, which credited TerraMar as her “brainchild.” But her association, after years of bad press with Epstein, seems to have become a liability. While it remained active on social media of late, Maxwell’s name had been curiously absent from its website. On Friday, a tweet from TerraMar’s verified account announced it will cease all operations, and its website and Instagram account were taken down.

From the New York social world, too, she has vanished. “I have not seen her in a zillion years,” one acquaintance said. The trail of party photos dries up in 2016. Her 65th Street townhouse was sold, for just over $15 million, that year. (The seller was given as 116 East 65th Street, LLC, which once claimed offices at that same old Epstein Madison Avenue address.) Where is she now? One social-watcher guessed the islands; others think Europe. The way may have already been paved. In 2012, she incorporated Ellmax Enterprise Limited, with herself as secretary and director — the only director listed. In its filings with Companies House, the British registrar, she is described as a resident of the U.K., with a correspondence address in Salisbury, not far from Stonehenge. (The address given for the company is in London. It is a non-trading company, listed as dormant, and its net assets are £1.)

She was not, after all, bound to a particular city or country, and, whether driven by design or dubious circumstance, she was used to jetting freely and fabulously around the globe. “There was an independence about her,” said someone who knew her. “She kind of had to make her way in the world.”

Rellie, with the benefit of hindsight, saw a darker version. “Ghislaine was funny and didn’t take herself too seriously,” he said. “But she seemed like a woman who didn’t have any real job, didn’t have any real boyfriend, had lost her dad. A woman adrift who was clinging on to whatever she could find.”
https://www.thecut.com/2019/07/ghislain ... s-arm.html

The Secret Plan to Rehabilitate Jeffrey Epstein
Conceived by publicist R. Couri Hay, the plan for the registered sex offender involved signing the Giving Pledge and an audience with the pope.

By Ben Widdicombe
Jul 16, 2019

Jeffrey Epstein
Rick Friedman]
Three years ago, a socially prominent heir to a fortune told Jeffrey Epstein, “You need to call Couri Hay.” Epstein, a registered sex offender who had finished serving a 13-month sentence in a Florida lockup on prostitution charges, was plotting his return to polite society. And R. Couri Hay was a New York society publicist with a reputation for creating—and in some cases restoring—reputations among the plutocrat class.

“I don’t want ‘billionaire pervert’ to be the first line of my obituary,” Hay says Epstein told him during what would be the first of three meetings, the publicist recalls to T&C.

R. Couri Hay
R. Couri Hay at an event in January, 2018
According to Hay, they spoke three times: three years, three months, and then three weeks ago. At least one meeting took place at Epstein’s mansion on Manhattan's Upper East Side, where Hay noted the bizarre décor, including a mural of his would-be client in a prison yard.

The Epstein Connection

Hay says he outlined an aggressive strategy to launder Epstein’s soiled reputation, including entering institutional rehab for sex addition; receiving spiritual counseling from a rabbi; and signing Warren Buffett and Bill and Melinda Gates’ Giving Pledge to donate the bulk of his wealth to good causes, which would involve not only liquidating his estate once he died, but also donating up to $50 million a year to charities relevant to his crimes while he was alive.

Audaciously, Hay even offered to arrange an audience for Epstein with Pope Francis. The idea was for a coup-de-publicité where Epstein would confess his sins and receive forgiveness from the highest earthly authority. (Whether he could deliver the Pope is another question entirely.)

Jeffrey Epstein Townhouse
The townhouse where the financier Jeffrey Epstein is accused of engaging in sex acts with underage girls is one of the largest private homes in Manhattan. Pictured here are the initials JE, which Epstein had mounted near the entrance.
Bill TompkinsGetty Images
Hay also encouraged Epstein to discuss this penance with the media: An exclusive interview with T&C perhaps, or maybe the New York Times. (This idea had not yet been pitched to either publication when Epstein was arrested last week on sex trafficking charges.)

Of course, the strategy came with a price—one that even Epstein balked at. “I told him, ‘PR is a luxury item,’” Hay says. “And the fastest way to get where you want to go is slow.”

Epstein was asked to sign on with Hay for a minimum of one year, and to pay in advance. “He didn’t say yes and he didn’t say no,” Hay says. “He called me three weeks ago and said something was going on, and that he would be ready to do it in September.”

What that “something” was, Hay may never know; they have not been in touch since his arrest last week.

(Epstein's representatives did not respond to our request for comment.)

A Notorious List of Clients

If Hay seemed like the right man to call, it may be because he has experience helping some of the more disgraced members of the upper crust.

In the last two years, those reportedly seeking his help with crisis P.R. have included Leslie Moonves, the ousted CBS chairman and chief executive; and Harvey Weinstein, the shamed Hollywood mogul. And he has been a booster for Michael Milken, the 1980s “junk bond king,” who successfully reinvented himself (after a stint in prison) as a philanthropist.

The publicist R. Couri Hay, and two performers at the Love Ball, earlier this year in New York.
The publicist R. Couri Hay, and two performers at the Love Ball, earlier this year in New York.
Patrick McMullanGetty Images

Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

When not putting out fires, Hay is building heat in a different way.

He shepherded Ivanka Trump’s early career, 20 years ago, when she was the daughter of a local real estate investor trying to make her reputation as a fashion model and socialite. And he is credited with creating Tinsley Mortimer, a southern debutante who crashed Manhattan society in the early 2000s, before flaming out and resurrecting herself as a “Real Housewife of New York.”

Patrick McMullan Archives
R. Couri Hay and Tinsley Mortimer both attended a benefit for Memorial Sloan Kettering in New York City in 2006.
Patrick McMullanGetty Images

One young would-be socialite told T&C that for such services—which includes guidance on which junior philanthropic boards to join, career and style advice, plus invitations to the “right” parties that an arriviste might not be able to score on her own—Hay’s fee can be around $5,000 a month. For dirtier work, of course, he charges more.

Early Days at Warhol's Factory

Robert Couri Hay, a native of Portland, Maine, is now 70. As he tells it, as a young man dining with his grandmother in the restaurant of a hotel, he caught the eye of Andy Warhol, who propelled him headlong into a fashionable beau monde.

Hay turns up in Warhol's diaries at parties with Barry Diller, Diana Ross, Jack Nicholson and Anjelica Huston. At a dinner with Diana Vreeland for the designer Zandra Rhodes, Hay is somewhat mystifyingly referred to as her “fiancé.”

“So I brought up his wife,” Warhol writes, archly. “Oh, you know, his ‘wife,’ that boy.”

Couri Hay Andy Warhol
Couri Hay and Andy Warhol.
(In fact, the designer Hay was sleeping with at age 17 was Halston. He told the New York Post: “Halston said I was the only white boy he ever loved.”)

Beginning in 1976, Hay was able to parlay his access to the shiny set into a lucrative gossip column in the National Enquirer.

He claims credit for brokering the tabloid’s most memorable scoop of the decade: a photograph of Elvis Presley, lying in his coffin, which the Enquirer ran on its front page. Hay also claims to have been the first American print journalist to have earned a combined salary and expenses package of a million dollars.

His public relations work overlapped with the Enquirer column, which ended in 1983. An early junior socialite client was Cornelia Guest, daughter of the Truman Capote “swan” C.Z. Guest, for whom Hay claims to have coined the sobriquet “Debutante of the Decade.”

Hay never did stop combining journalism and public relations, penning articles and society columns for numerous publications while also being a source for the city’s many gossip columns. Former Daily News columnist George Rush recalled that in 1997, Hay phoned from the slopes of Aspen to provide an eye-witness account of the ski-accident death of Michael Kennedy, a son of Robert F. Kennedy.

“The Kennedys are on their knees, saying the Lord’s Prayer,” Rush quotes Hay saying then. (The family later put out a statement condemning “scurrilous and inaccurate” claims about the accident by an unnamed “individual,” widely believed to be Hay, “with his own transparent agenda and an elastic regard for the truth.”)

Epstein Didn't Sign on the Dotted Line

Nonetheless, Hay was skilled at inhabiting the intersection between media and would-be celebrities. In 2004, for example, a handsome unknown made the front page of New York tabloids by dirty dancing with then-first-daughter, Barbara Bush.

Hay swooped in to represent the wealthy young man, Fabian Basabe, and kept newspapers supplied with endless stories about the new “It-boy.” Basabe later said his arrangement with a “high profile PR man” cost him “$10,0000 per month.”

I told him, PR is a luxury item, and the fastest way to get where you want to go is slow.
Such fees support Hay’s Upper West Side townhouse, where he lives and works, and which is decorated with portraits of his younger self by pop art mainstays from the Warhol crowd, including Peter Max.

Hay won’t disclose the price he quoted Epstein, but says no contract was ever signed. He adds that his own moral qualms prevented his from working with the detained financier. "I turned the account down at the end, mostly because he wasn’t responsive to my mandatory plan," Hay says. "The client needs to be transparent. And I didn’t think he was ready to make amends.”
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/socie ... couri-hay/
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby cptmarginal » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:54 am

https://observer.com/2002/11/vikram-cha ... an-cowboy/

I asked what his social life had been like recently, and he mentioned a dinner party at the Manhattan townhouse of Lady Ghislaine Maxwell, the daughter of the late British media baron Robert Maxwell. The guest of honor, said Mr. Chatwal, was Prince Andrew, who told a “quite humorous” joke involving Pepto-Bismol and his brother Prince Charles’ girlfriend, Camilla Parker Bowles. Then Ms. Maxwell told a story about how she flew a Blackhawk helicopter in Colombia and fired a rocket into a supposed terrorist camp.

“Ghislaine is just the most rocking babe I’ve ever met,” said Mr. Chatwal. “She blew up a tank. That is amazing. After that, my perception of her completely changed. I said, ‘You have to be the coolest person alive.'”
cptmarginal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion