Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Billionaire Pedophile Goes Free

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Susan Simpson

@TheViewFromLL2
2h2 hours ago
More
Susan Simpson Retweeted Michael Del Moro
Yesterday, Acosta claimed his office intervened in the Epstein case only when they realized Epstein wouldn't receive jail time for the pending Florida charges.

The Palm Beach State Attorney has refuted that claim. Also, that's just not how things work.
Susan Simpson added,

Michael Del Moro
Verified account

@MikeDelMoro
NEW - The Former State Attorney Barry Krischer responds to Acosta: "I can emphatically state that Mr. Acosta’s recollection of this matter is completely wrong."

And the FBI's own case file show that Acosta's explanation was not true. In late 2006, his office had set a target date for indicting Epstein – and that decision had been made, in part, due to the fact that the DOJ *didn't know what was going to happen with the State case.*

In May 2007, the FBI prepared for arrests and detention hearings for multiple defendants in the case. It wasn't just Epstein.

How could the DOJ's decision about whether to indict other defendants have depended upon whether Epstein faced jail time for state charges?

The DOJ was contemplating its own case and its own charges for a child prostitution conspiracy. Plus they had an ongoing civil forfeiture investigation, probably to try and seize Epstein's property involved in the child sex trafficking.

Acosta said yesterday that under DOJ policy, his office was not required to notify victims about a NPA. But did he ever explain why, even though he thought it wasn't required, he didn't choose to keep them notified anyway? He knew the victims wanted updates. They'd asked before.

And Acosta wouldn't give an answer yesterday when he was asked about whether Epstein was an "intelligence asset," but the docs in the public record already confirm it: as part of his Non-Prosecution Agreement with Acosta's office, Epstein agreed to give information to the FBI.

And the information Epstein gave the FBI that was apparently worth him not being charged federally for child sex trafficking? It was about how he lost $57 million in the subprime market after a Bear Stearns hedge fund manager talked him out of selling his shares in April 2007.

https://twitter.com/TheViewFromLL2/stat ... 4455329792

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=Tuovn81-7ko
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby identity » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:25 pm

In a report on the mansion, valued at more than $55 million, The New York Times noted that its artwork includes, on the second floor, a commissioned mural of a “photorealistic prison scene that included barbed wire, corrections officers and a guard station, with Mr. Epstein portrayed in the middle.”

That has to be one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard. Does "billionaire" JE perhaps have (not a death wish) but an incarceration wish?

Someone please find me a photo of the man posing in front of this "work of art"!
identity

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Elvis » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:27 pm

Mossad
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:35 pm

identity » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:25 pm wrote:
In a report on the mansion, valued at more than $55 million, The New York Times noted that its artwork includes, on the second floor, a commissioned mural of a “photorealistic prison scene that included barbed wire, corrections officers and a guard station, with Mr. Epstein portrayed in the middle.”

That has to be one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard. Does "billionaire" JE perhaps have (not a death wish) but an incarceration wish?

Someone please find me a photo of the man posing in front of this "work of art"!

Yes weird.

Knows the future? Totemic to ward it off? Gets off on not being in prison (for as long as that lasted)? Feels genuinely victimized?! Required to commission it by whoever is blackmailing or operates him?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby BenDhyan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:43 pm

...perhaps prophetic
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby bks » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:44 pm

Has anyone spoken or communicating w Nick Bryant recently, or seen what he has been working on? I had the pleasure of speaking w him around the time he was writing the Epstein black book material, and he actually paid a visit to Philadelphia to sit as a talking head for a friend's documentary. Have struggled to reach him in the few year's since. IIRC at that time Nick was trying to secure funding for the continuation of the Franklin documentary he had started, and had some Hollywood interest. He always felt the Epstein case was a mother lode.
bks

Postby bks » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:02 pm

And in what might be the most bizarre factoid in the whole saga, an Epstein-linked trust apparently won (or came to possess the winning tickets of) two of three major state lottery drawings in '06 and '08 in OK and NM? Maybe someone else can make better sense of what happened her than me.

https://twitter.com/mrspanstreppon/stat ... 9514082304
bks

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:55 pm

Epstein Had His Own Lodge at Interlochen’s Prestigious Arts Camp for Kids
Epstein was a big donor at Interlochen, where his cabin was located near the junior girls camp. The mother of a former student once accused him of trying to groom her 13-year-old.

Kate Briquelet
Senior Reporter
Published 07.11.19 9:03PM ET

Photo Illustration by Sarah Rogers/The Daily Beast / Photos Getty / Interlochen
Since Jeffrey Epstein’s arrest for allegedly trafficking underage girls, authorities have cast a spotlight on his massive wealth and many properties, including his New York and Florida mansions, New Mexico ranch, private isle in the Virgin Islands and apartment in France.

But during the 1990s, Epstein apparently had another getaway at a Michigan cabin. There, the 66-year-old financier was a donor to the revered Interlochen Center for the Arts, a fine arts boarding school and camp, and had bankrolled the “Jeffrey Epstein Scholarship Lodge” on its campus.

Indeed, The Daily Beast has discovered that Epstein listed this rental lodge in his infamous Little Black Book—a veritable rolodex of famous faces, from President Donald Trump and his lawyer Alan Dershowitz, to Harvey Weinstein’s brother, Bob, and even Courtney Love. The address book also contained the names of a pair of students who had attended Interlochen.

Beside the words “Michigan Home” and “Epstein Lodge” in the Little Black Book were the P.O. Box and address for Interlochen, along with three area phone numbers.

And in August 1998, Epstein and his alleged madam, British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell, took a five-day jaunt to Traverse City, Michigan, which is a short drive from the school, along with two other passengers, according to flight records.

The academy and summer camp, a gem in the quiet woods of northern Michigan, is known for churning out world-famous talent. Interlochen’s star-studded alumni include musicians like Jewel, Josh Groban and Norah Jones, comedian Maria Bamford, “Breaking Bad” creator Vince Gilligan, and actors Terry Crews and Felicity Huffman.

Epstein also counted himself as an alumnus. Katharine Laidlaw, Interlochen’s Vice President of Strategic Communications and Engagement, told The Daily Beast he attended Interlochen’s “National Music Camp” in 1967. His course of study was Bassoon/Orchestra/Radio, Laidlaw said.

Laidlaw said Epstein is no longer an Interlochen donor, and that his last gift to the school was in 2003. “After the administration learned of his conviction, Interlochen discontinued contact with Mr. Epstein and removed all donor recognition with his name,” Laidlaw said in an email, referring to Epstein’s 2008 plea to soliciting underage girls in Florida.

She said Interlochen has no record of any complaint lodged against Epstein and that the school’s “policies would not have permitted Mr. Epstein any unsupervised access to students.”

According to records reviewed by The Daily Beast, Epstein not only funded the scholarship lodge, but hosted events for Interlochen alumni at his New York office and his seven-story townhouse—which was raided by the feds over the weekend. It’s also where Epstein is accused of forcibly raping a 15-year-old girl in 2002. Jennifer Araoz, now 32, came forward this week with claims that Epstein began sexually assaulting her there when she was 14.

In an exclusive interview with NBC News, Araoz said she wanted to become a Broadway actress and discussed that dream with Epstein, whose recruiter allegedly targeted Araoz at her performing arts high school on Manhattan’s Upper East Side.

“Epstein attended Interlochen’s 'National Music Camp' in 1967. His course of study was Bassoon/Orchestra/Radio.”
Araoz was vulnerable, having lost her father to AIDS when she was 12 years old. Epstein talked of donating to AIDS charities and assisting her career with his acting and modeling industry contacts. According to Araoz, Epstein suggested she was “very lucky to have met somebody like him” and “that he could really help me.”

This isn’t the first time Epstein has been accused of preying on an arts student.

The mother of soap opera actress Nadia Bjorlin claimed Epstein targeted her daughter when she was a 13-year-old student at Interlochen in 1994.

“She was at school at the famed Interlochen Music Center in Michigan when she met Epstein,” Fary Bjorlin told The Daily Mail in 2011, adding, “My daughter was a singer. She was a baby. She was a skinny little girl, not mature for her age. She was 13, but everyone thought she was nine or ten.”

Fary said she believed Nadia was an easy target for Epstein because the girl’s father, classical conductor Ulf Bjorlin, died the year before. “Epstein was a big donor and he heard about Nadia and that her father had died, so she was vulnerable, and he contacted her. He said, ‘Here’s my number,’ Fary said, according to The Daily Mail.

Asked about Fary’s claims, Laidlaw said, “I can verify that Nadia Bjorlin is an alumna of Interlochen Arts Camp. We have no information about the events that have been reported in this article. As stated, we have no record of any complaint raised against Mr. Epstein at Interlochen.”

Fary, Nadia and her manager did not return messages left by The Daily Beast. Two of Epstein’s attorneys did not return requests for comment.

Fary said Maxwell got to know her and Nadia, and tried to set up a meeting with Nadia and Epstein, who wanted to mentor her. “I trusted Ghislaine, she was like a mother. She was always calling my house,” Fary told the British tabloid.

“He said he wanted to help her singing career. He said, ‘I’d like to be like a godfather.’ It felt creepy.”
But Fary said she wouldn’t let Nadia get involved with Epstein.“What sort of a man approaches a young girl and asks to meet her?” Fary told the tabloid.

“Ghislaine didn’t want me to meet Epstein, but I did anyway, and asked what he wanted with Nadia,” the mother said. “He said he wanted to help her singing career. He said, ‘I’d like to be like a godfather.’ It felt creepy.”

“I kept Nadia away from him. She never met him alone. She never went anywhere with him.”

Epstein has longed billed himself as a philanthropist to the arts, science and education.

As The Daily Beast first revealed, Epstein’s secret charity funded the Hewitt School, an elite private girls school in Manhattan; Harvard’s theater troupe, The Hasty Pudding Institute; the Film Society of Lincoln Center; and MET Orchestra Musicians. Records show Epstein’s now-defunct nonprofit, the C.O.U.Q. Foundation, donated to a host of arts institutions during the mid-aughts, including the New School, the Tribeca Film Institute, and Ballet Florida.

But well before Epstein issued press releases on his largesse, he was listed as a donor to Interlochen inside school newsletters from 1990 to 1999. (Laidlaw said Epstein’s lifetime giving to the institution was less than $500,000.)

In the spring of 1991, under the headline “New York City Alumni Enjoy Several Successful Events,” an article stated that Interlochen’s New York alumni network held a gala “at the offices of Jeffrey E. Epstein & Company.”

“More than 175 people attended including several members of the Interlochen administration. Chamber music was performed by alumni ensembles and it was an elegant evening enjoyed by all,” the newsletter said. “The event was such a success that Jeffrey E. Epstein has graciously agreed to underwrite a second event…”

The story indicated a future reception would take place at “Jeffrey E. Epstein & Company, 457 Madison Avenue between 50th and 51st.”

Additionally, in February 1992, Epstein hosted a pre-concert reception on Interlochen’s behalf at the Degas Room of New York’s then Radisson-owned Empire Hotel. “Further documentation notes that Mr. Epstein, himself, did not attend the event, though he contributed funds to support it,” Laidlaw noted in an email.

“He was very much into health food at the time ... I remember whole grain bread, plain yogurt, a lot of stuff like that.”
Epstein made Interlochen news again, in the spring of 1994, for his funding of the scholarship lodge, which an article noted was stationed close to a junior girls’ camp.

“The Jeffrey Epstein Scholarship Lodge is nearing completion as the newest rental unit on Campus. Located on Penn Colony Road next to Frohlich Lodge near Junior Girls camp, the Epstein Lodge is a gift to the center from Jeffrey Epstein, a businessman from New York and a former Interlochen camper,” the Interlochen newsletter stated.

“Proceeds from the rental unit will go into a scholarship fund, providing ongoing monies for deserving students,” the article continued.

Timothy Ambrose, Interlochen’s former vice president of institutional advancement, was quoted as saying, “This will be the first new construction of handicap accessible housing on campus. We are extremely grateful that Jeffrey Epstein chose to demonstrate his commitment to Interlochen in such a profound and supportive way.”

Laidlaw told The Daily Beast that Interlochen records show Epstein stayed at this lodge for a week in August 2000.

“Per the funding agreement, he was permitted to use the lodge for up to two weeks per year. Interlochen has no record of any other use by him beyond that one week in August 2000,” Laidlaw said in an email.

The Daily Beast found one mention of Michigan in some of Epstein’s flight records. Epstein and Maxwell traveled from New Jersey’s Teterboro Airport to Traverse City, Michigan, for a five-day trip in August 1998. They left Teterboro on Aug. 7 and returned Aug. 11.

A 25-year-old woman and a fourth passenger only identified by the initials “ET” joined them on the trip. Their return flight only included Maxwell, Epstein and “ET.” Whether Epstein and his crew stayed at Interlochen during that trip is unknown.

Meanwhile, Epstein hosted a reception at his New York mansion for the late CBS broadcaster and Interlochen alumnus Mike Wallace in 1997. (Wallace’s name was also listed in Epstein’s address book, with the title “60 Minutes-CBS.”)

“Held at the luxurious home of alumnus, Jeffrey Epstein, the event included dinner, remarks from [Interlochen Alumni Organization] President Dean Anderson and Wallace, plus entertainment by New York area alumni. Wallace was honored for his distinguished career in broadcasting and, coincidentally, his 79th birthday during the festivities,” an Interlochen newsletter stated.

Guests included former CBS anchor Paula Zahn, along with Interlochen’s former president Rich Odell and his wife and board of trustee members. Betsy Pfau, an alumna who attended the reception and wrote a blog post about it, said Epstein allowed the gala’s organizers to use two floors of his Manhattan townhouse.

Maxwell was Epstein’s representative and supervising the house at the Wallace celebration, Pfau told The Daily Beast. “She was very elegant, very put together,” Pfau said, adding that Maxwell “was in charge” and “a very dominant kind of person.”

Pfau said she set her camera down on a bench at the top of the stairs, and when she went to collect it, the camera was gone. “I couldn’t believe my things disappeared and I found them in the cloak room later that evening,” she said.

“Ghislaine was very protective, she was like the major-domo for him...”
Reached by The Daily Beast, Ambrose, the former Interlochen fundraising executive, said he first courted Epstein as a donor to Interlochen after someone had called him from a New York number, asking to obtain concert tickets for a show at the school in the 1990s.

Ambrose said he arranged a place for Epstein to stay while attending the concert and that he remembers most of his contact was with Maxwell. He would later get Epstein to fund a new log cabin on campus, which was the Epstein Scholarship Lodge.

“My recollection is they [Epstein and Maxwell] came once or twice after the cabin was built. But quite frankly Ghislaine was very protective, she was like the major-domo for him,” Ambrose told The Daily Beast, adding that when Epstein stayed at Interlochen, he made sure there was fresh orange juice and bottles of water stocked in the fridge.

“He was very much into health food at the time,” Ambrose recalled. “I remember whole grain bread, plain yogurt, a lot of stuff like that, because the lodge had a refrigerator and I wanted to make sure they were comfortable.”

“That’s one of the things I remember, healthier food was very important to him.”

Ambrose said that he didn’t see Epstein on campus during his visits to Interlochen.

“He kept to his own schedule,” Ambrose said. “Let’s say you had a major donor, you might say, ‘Why don’t you come over and have lunch with the president’ …. Essentially you would court them. But there wasn’t really any of that.”

“We didn’t have the normal interaction you would have with a major donor,” Ambrose told The Daily Beast. “Other than he had tickets for the concerts.”

Ambrose said he only remembers Epstein staying on campus twice, and both times at the Epstein Lodge. He stressed that there were never any signs of Epstein preying on students.

“If I had to leave you with an impression… it’s that he was generous to Interlochen,” Ambrose told The Daily Beast. “Obviously there was nothing that portended what happened later on. Our interactions were relatively normal in that respect.”

“There was nothing untoward or out of place that we would have foreseen,” Ambrose continued. “He was very generous to us. He was a private person, but so are so many comfortable wealthy people.”

“There was nothing untoward or out of place that we would have foreseen ... He was very generous to us. He was a private person, but so are so many comfortable wealthy people.”
But one 2011 civil court filing pointed to the Little Black Book, which was snatched from Epstein’s home by his former house manager Alfredo Rodriguez, as evidence that Epstein might have molested underage girls in places across the country.

Rodriguez “took a journal from Epstein’s computer that reflected many of the names of underage females Epstein abused across the country and the world, including locations such as Michigan, California, West Palm Beach, New York, New Mexico, and Paris, France,” according to a “statement of undisputed facts” filed in a Florida lawsuit Epstein filed against victims’ lawyer Brad Edwards.

One victims’ attorney, Jack Scarola, recently told The Daily Beast: “Based upon the pattern of criminal activity at a very intense level, it’s highly unlikely that there is anywhere Jeffrey Epstein went that he did not leave victims in his wake.”

In at least one case, Epstein allegedly lured a young woman into his sex-trafficking scheme by promising to pay for her schooling in the arts.

Sarah Ransome, in a 2017 lawsuit, accused Epstein and Maxwell of vowing to fund her education while Epstein continued to sexually abuse her throughout 2006 and 2007. But they broke their promise to help get Ransome into New York’s Fashion Institute of Technology.

According to court papers, one of Epstein’s recruiters said she’d introduce Ransome to “a wealthy philanthropist who regularly used his wealth, influence and connections to help financially poor females like [Ransome] achieve their personal and professional goals and aspirations.”

Epstein settled the suit with Ransome in December 2018. (Ransome also claimed she was forced to have sex with Alan Dershowitz, who has adamantly denied her accusations.)

Maria Farmer, another Epstein accuser who came forward in April, claims she was an artist and grad student in New York in the mid-90s when Epstein and Maxwell attended her art show. “Epstein said that if I sold him one of my paintings for half price, he would help me with my career,” Farmer said in an affidavit. “I sold him the painting that night for half price which was approximately $6,000.”

Farmer said that in 1996, Epstein offered her a job, which involved manning the door at his Manhattan mansion. During that time period, Epstein “arranged for me to work on a special art project at the Ohio mansion of Leslie Wexner,” Farmer added in the court filing.

She claims Maxwell and Epstein sexually assaulted her at Wexner’s estate, and that they sexually abused her underage sister in New Mexico.

Still, Epstein’s promises to aid her career soon faded. After she tried filing police reports on them, Epstein and Maxwell allegedly waged a war on her reputation, contacting her clients and people in the art world. “Maxwell and Epstein worked in concert to make sure that my career and my life was ruined,” Farmer stated.

“Epstein was 'obsessed' with the 'Flashdance' soundtrack, and played it on a loop for five days.”
The financier may have been dangling the prospect of paying tuition and boosting women’s careers as early as the 1980s.

One dancer told The Daily Beast she was attending The Juilliard School in New York in 1983 when Epstein enlisted her to teach him dance.

The woman, who asked not to be named, said Epstein contacted Juilliard in search of a student to teach him dance as a form of exercise.

At the time, Epstein lived in a penthouse apartment on the Upper East Side and was interested in ballet barre lessons and stretching. Epstein flew the woman to Palm Beach to teach exercise to his guests, which included two Swedish models—one of them, she says, was his ex-girlfriend, Eva Andersson-Dubin—for a week. He then ended up hiring the dancer to become his “on-call” personal trainer two to three times a week, for a period of a few months.

“He seemed very serious about the work he was doing with me,” the dancer recalled, adding that Epstein was “obsessed” with the Flashdance soundtrack, and played it on a loop for five days. (The woman noted that Epstein could play classical piano.)

“She wants to go to Juilliard. She wants to get out of the steel mill, out of the strip club,” the ex-employee recalled of Epstein’s obsession with the movie. “Was I the stripper-dancer? Probably not. But that’s what drove” Epstein to Juilliard.

Epstein offered to pay for the woman’s senior year at Juilliard—and to fund new audio-visual equipment for the school—but never followed through, the dancer said.

“He was a guy on the move for his professional business. I never suspected there was some insidious underbelly to this, or red flags” indicating an interest in underage girls, she said.

“What I saw was a playboy lifestyle, drawers full of cash, and a charming but flat, unemotional affect,” she said, adding that Epstein wasn’t “empathetic” and never bothered to see her perform.

“He could have gone into any dance studio but he went to Juilliard,” the woman said, adding that Epstein seemed like a “nouveau riche guy.”

“He wanted the best,” she said.

Looking back now, the dancer says she dodged a bullet. “I maybe wouldn’t be living the life I am now, had I been his prey,” she said.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-e ... n-michigan
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby 8bitagent » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:08 am

Yeah it's National Review, but still...posted earlier today

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morn ... n-we-know/

The Jeffrey Epstein Scandal Could Be Worse than We Know

Making the click-through worthwhile: Seven-to-ten burning questions about the ever-worsening Jeffrey Epstein scandal, why Democrats have convinced themselves that they have yet another Great Southern Hope, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez emphasizes how heavy her committee workload is.

Burning Questions about the Jeffrey Epstein Scandal

Even by the standards of stomach-turning celebrity criminal scandals, the bits of information about multi-millionare Jeffrey Epstein and allegations of an underage sex-trafficking ring are utterly bizarre, pointing to something perhaps even bigger and worse going on. Just the reports out this morning prompt at least ten big questions.

One: How did Jeffrey Epstein make his fortune in the first place? One claim is a massive Ponzi scheme.

Two: Could Epstein really have been connected to some sort of intelligence service? In yesterday’s press conference, labor secretary Alex Acosta offered a weird, vague, contradictory, meandering answer when asked about this. If Epstein was working for some sort of spy agency, which one? What was the aim, to collect blackmail on prominent figures? Who was being blackmailed, and what did they do?

Three: Why did the office Manhattan district attorney Cyrus Vance try to keep Epstein from being registered as a top-level sex offender? “A seasoned sex-crimes prosecutor from Mr. Vance’s office argued forcefully in court that Mr. Epstein, who had been convicted in Florida of soliciting an underage prostitute, should not be registered as a top-level sex offender in New York.” The judge denied the request and declared, “I have to tell you, I’m a little overwhelmed because I have never seen a prosecutor’s office do anything like this.”

Four: After Epstein was labeled a “Level 3 sex offender” — meaning the worst — Epstein was required by law to check in with the NYPD every 90 days. He never checked in at all over an eight-year span. How did that not generate any consequences?

Five: How did his private island off Saint Thomas get the nickname “Pedophile Island” and how does a rumor like that not get law enforcement to start snooping around?

Six: Bill Clinton’s public statement about his interactions with Epstein was laughably inaccurate, contracted by contemporaneous media accounts, never mind FAA flight logs. You would think Clinton and those around him would have a well-worn playbook for denying sexual impropriety and criminal behavior by now.

Seven: Doesn’t this paragraph in deep in a recent article of Vanity Fair seem to bury the lede, as they say in journalism?

Pecker, he later told me, used to send him articles and issues before they were published so that he and Trump could read them. After the meeting Trump called in Sam Nunberg, then a Trump Organization employee, who saw Pecker leaving Trump’s office. “Michael was sitting in there when I came in, and the issue of the National Enquirer with the pictures of Prince Andrew was on his desk,” Nunberg recalled. “He said not to tell anyone, but that Pecker had just been there and had brought the issue with him. Trump said that Pecker had told him that the pictures of Clinton that Epstein had from his island were worse.” (Cohen, speaking by phone from the Federal Correctional Institution in Otisville, corroborated Nunberg’s version of the events, though he declined to add any additional information about the meeting.)

So the National Inquirer has pictures of Bill Clinton with Epstein and the women he was using?

If Trump knew about these photographs, why didn’t he at least leak or hype them during the 2016 campaign?

And if Clinton really did nothing inappropriate in all of his interactions with Epstein, why didn’t Hillary Clinton’s campaign make a stink about Trump’s past friendship with Epstein, during a campaign where Trump’s unsavory treatment of women was a big issue?

One aspect of Epstein that no longer has many questions: Is there anyone left who wants to argue that Alexandre Acosta handled the case the way he should have all those years ago?

I haven't seen any speculation in the media as to when or if investigators get a warrant for his two islands. Lord knows what's in the underground areas...yet there was a staff of 70? Plus security? Surely some of them must know what's up and would talk for the right price. Also HOW did they go through his NYC mansion so quick? Isn't it reasonable to think in his creepy oddity museum mansion he has hidden areas and hiding places. It seems likely he has some really nasty stuff hidden away on files, perhaps on the island or other residences for his sick viewing and or blackmailing purposes.

The idea of an extensive blackmail operation thing to ensnare powerful people with kids doesn't seem far fetched as well as even ties to intelligence. Lord help us with the far right conspiracy side if it does connect to Mossad.
The way this seems to be unfolding day by day, it does feel like a lot of crazy shoes will drop. No thanks to QAnon.

Finally, Clinton, Trump and Dershowitz involved in this pedo ring sure seems to be hitting the comedy mainstream. From last night's Stephen Colbert Our Cartoon President episode on Showtime
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:25 am

Victoria Secret stock's nose diving after investors learn of deep ties between Wexner and Epstein. Wexner is of course the guy behind so many of the well known stores in malls like Victorias Secret, Bath and Body works, The Limited, Abercrombie and Fitch, Express, Lane Bryant, etc.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/victorias- ... y-epstein/

Crazy that Wexner just gave Epstein one of the most expensive and largest private reisdences in New York City(valued at 77 million) where a lot of his alleged crimes too place, as well as being one of Epstein's main benefactors.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Re: Billionaire Pedophile Jeffrey Epstein Goes Free

Postby RocketMan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:47 am

Here's a Daily Mail (yeah, but it has interesting quotes) from 2011 about Ghislaine Maxwell and the origins of her role in Epstein's operation..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rcuFb0J_PQ

Virginia [Roberts] says: ‘I once asked Ghislaine why she got as many girls as she did for Jeffrey, as she supposedly had been his girlfriend and they seemed to have a grounded but non-monogamous relationship.She replied, “It takes the pressure off me to have sex with him.”

‘She said she’d hit hard times. She had no money to her name. She was disgraced. Jeffrey offered her a job and then, I guess, because of her ability to procure girls for him and to teach us what he liked, she became a vital asset to him.

'The training she gave me was very thorough. It started on my first day at work following the “interview”. I began learning legitimate massage techniques.

‘She also taught me how to keep him emotionally happy. She said, “Be compliant. Always be cheerful. Always smile a lot.”

‘She told me that I should bring along any girlfriends I had who might be suitable. She said he liked white girls – no black girls, ever. If a girl was of any other heritage, she had to be a knockout beauty.

‘She also taught me what kind of clothes to buy. His favourite was to dress me as a schoolgirl, in pigtails and little pleated skirts, and knee socks. Ghislaine sent me to a dentist to have my teeth whitened and I went for Brazilian waxes. He wanted me to look pre-pubescent.

Of course he is also an old school racist... :cussing:
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:00 am

More than 12 new Jeffrey Epstein accusers come forward

New victims come forward as Epstein asks to be released from jail to his Manhattan mansion

By Julie K. Brown and David Smiley July 11, 2019 05:21 PM, Updated 11 hours 9 minutes ago

Virginia Roberts was working at Mar-a-Lago when she was recruited to be a masseuse to Palm Beach hedge fund manager Jeffrey Epstein. She was lured into a life of depravity and sexual abuse. By
At least a dozen new victims have come forward to claim they were sexually abused by Jeffrey Epstein even as the multimillionaire money manager tries to convince a federal judge to allow him to await a sex trafficking trial from the comfort of the same $77 million Manhattan mansion where he’s accused of luring teenage girls into unwanted sex acts.

Following Epstein’s arrest Saturday in New Jersey, four women have reached out to New York lawyer David Boies, and at least 10 other women have approached other lawyers who have represented dozens of Epstein’s alleged victims in the past.

Jack Scarola, a Palm Beach attorney, said at least five women, all of whom were minors at the time of their alleged encounters with Epstein, have reached out to either him or Fort Lauderdale lawyer Brad Edwards.

“The people we are speaking to are underage victims in Florida and in New York. They are not individuals whose claims have previously been part of any law enforcement investigation,’’ Scarola said.

The new accusers are surfacing as Epstein’s attorneys argue their client is being tried on sex trafficking and conspiracy charges that for the most part were resolved years ago in Palm Beach. His legal team filed a motion Thursday for pre-trial release arguing that Epstein has maintained a “spotless” record since prosecutors in South Florida set aside a federal sex trafficking investigation a decade ago and allowed him to plead guilty to lesser state charges.

Epstein’s attorneys want Senior U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman to free Epstein from his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Lower Manhattan and allow him to await trial from the $77 million Upper East Side mansion where prosecutors say he abused dozens of girls from 2002 through 2005.

Epstein, ahead of a Monday bond hearing, has offered to waive extradition rights and put up his Manhattan home and private jet as collateral. He also said he would consent to GPS monitoring, ground his jet, “demobilize” all his cars in New York and have trustees live in his home. And his brother, Mark Epstein, offered to put up his West Palm Beach home.

Epsteinpresser02BermanpointingEKM.JPG
Geoffrey Berman, the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York held a news conference Monday, July 8, 2019, announcing that Jeffrey Epstein had been charged with sex trafficking of underage girls in Manhattan and Palm Beach, Florida. Emily Michot emichot@miamiherald.com
But New York prosecutors — who say they found “an extraordinary volume of photographs of nude and partially nude young women and girls” while executing a search warrant at his Manhattan residence last weekend — have already argued that he’s likely to either flee the country or add to what they say are dozens of victims as young as 14 from New York to Palm Beach.

“I don’t care if he gives up his license and his jet, he still has the wherewithal to take off any time,” said Spencer Kuvin, a Palm Beach attorney who represents three Epstein accusers. “Think about it — if he was a plumber in Queens, do you think the judge would say ‘Yeah, let’s give him an ankle bracelet and send him home?’ ’’

In her year-long investigation of Palm Beach multimillionaire Jeffrey Epstein, Miami Herald reporter Julie Brown tracked down more than 60 women who said they were victims of abuse and revealed the full story behind the sweetheart deal cut by Epstein’s powerhouse legal team.

In the seven months since the Herald published “Perversion of Justice,” a federal judge ruled the non-prosecution agreement brokered by then South Florida U.S. Attorney Alexander Acosta was illegal, and last week Epstein was arrested on sex trafficking charges in New York state.

The hearing over whether to release Epstein, 66, will be the first in what should be a lengthy and highly watched trial.

Prosecutors say they have information that Epstein recruited and paid dozens of underage girls in the early 2000s to give him massages that became sexual assaults in his Manhattan and Palm Beach homes. The Miami Herald’s investigative series last November, Perversion of Justice, detailed how Epstein allegedly paid girls more if they recruited other girls to come to his homes, creating a sexual pyramid scheme.

Epsteinresidence08frontEKM (1).JPG
Damage on the front doors of the Upper East Side New York estate of multimillionaire Jeffrey Epstein was caused by agents serving a search warrant following Epstein’s arrest at a nearby New Jersey airport on Saturday, July 6, 2019. Epstein has been charged with sex trafficking of minors in New York and Palm Beach, Florida, and remains behind bars awaiting a bond hearing. Emily Michot emichot@miamiherald.com
But Epstein’s attorneys argued in their motion Thursday that Geoffrey S. Berman, the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, was attempting to illegally and unconstitutionally prosecute their client over 14-year-old allegations that have already been resolved in South Florida.

How a future Trump Cabinet member gave a serial sex abuser the deal of a lifetime

Epstein signed a non-prosecution agreement a dozen years ago with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida after federal agents identified three dozen girls who were allegedly victimized by Epstein at his mansion in Palm Beach. He was allowed to plead guilty to two lesser prostitution-related charges and serve 13 months in the Palm Beach County jail, during which his valet picked him up six days a week and drove him to his West Palm Beach office for work release. He registered as a sex offender and paid restitution to the identified victims, but avoided a prepared 53-page federal indictment.

“The [non-prosecution agreement] immunized Mr. Epstein from five distinct potential federal charges that may have been committed by Epstein ... from in or around 2001 through in or around 2007,” Epstein’s attorneys wrote Thursday.

They said language in the agreement — signed into place under President Donald Trump’s current labor secretary, Alexander Acosta, when he was U.S. attorney for Southern Florida — clarifies that the terms of the deal apply “globally” to a yearlong federal investigation in South Florida, and therefore prevents federal prosecutors in New York from pursuing the same allegations.

Prosecutors haven’t responded in writing to the motion, at least not yet. But U.S. Attorney Berman, who has no relation to the judge, already argued in a letter to the magistrate who oversaw Epstein’s arraignment this week that New York case law has already deemed that his office is not bound by the terms of the South Florida agreement.

“It is well settled in the Second Circuit that ‘a plea agreement in one U.S. Attorney’s office does not, unless otherwise stated bind another,’ ” Berman wrote Monday, adding that the agreement expressly states that it pertains exclusively to prosecutors in South Florida.

Trump: ‘We’ll have a look’ at Acosta’s Epstein link

President Trump said he'll look "very closely" at Labor Secretary Alex Acosta's handling of a sex trafficking case involving Jeffrey Epstein. Acosta was a federal prosecutor in South Florida when he was involved in a 2008 plea deal.

By Associated Press

Prosecutors and victims’ lawyers also believe that, given Epstein’s previous effort to intimidate victims and their families, it’s critical that the judge keep him behind bars and not grant him bail. He is facing up to 45 years in prison.

During the 2006-2007 probe in South Florida, federal agents considered charging Epstein with witness tampering because he used some of his employees to try to intimidate victims so that they wouldn’t cooperate with police, court records reviewed by the Herald show.

In one instance, a victim’s father told Palm Beach police that he had been followed by someone and forced off the road. He wrote down the car’s license plate number and police traced it to a private investigation company that had been hired by Epstein’s legal team, the police report about the incident said.

Epstein’s investigators also followed the then-Palm Beach police chief, Michael Reiter, and the lead detective in the case, Joe Recarey. Recarey said he was so concerned about the aggressive tactics Epstein was using that he would often switch vehicles in an attempt to throw them off.

“At some point it became like a cat-and-mouse game. I would stop at a red light and go. I knew they were there, and they knew I knew they were there. I was concerned about my kids because I didn’t know if it was someone that they hired just out of prison that would hurt me or my family,’’ Recarey told the Herald as part of its series on the case.

Recarey, who died shortly after he was interviewed by the Herald, said the victims, who were as young as 13, were scared to death of Epstein, and even more so because of the private investigators and defense lawyers who dug into every dark corner of their lives, and the lives of their brothers, sisters, parents and boyfriends.

“Jeffrey Epstein presents a very significant flight risk and I think that his proven pattern of intimidation of witnesses in the past is a strong indication there is reason to fear he would engage in the same kind of conduct again, particularly since he is facing now what amounts to life in prison,’’ Scarola said.

Scarola, though, thinks victims may have been comforted by the public appeal issued Monday by the FBI and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, asking for more victims and witnesses to come forward (1-800-CALL-FBI). It’s not clear how many, if any, have responded to his plea, but Scarola said the message was clear that victims would be treated better in New York than they were in South Florida, where Epstein’s plea deal with federal prosecutors was kept secret from his victims.

A Miami federal judge recently ruled that prosecutors broke a law to protect victims’ rights in not alerting them to Epstein’s plea deal.

“I believe that there was a fairly effective message that was delivered by New York authorities that victims need not fear that they will be treated in the same way that victims had been treated in South Florida,’’ Scarola said.

Still, Kuvin, the Palm Beach attorney, said his clients are not convinced that New York federal prosecutors will be able to make their case against Epstein stick. One of them is cooperating with SDNY, he said, but the others are skeptical.

“They are ecstatic that he [Epstein] has been arrested but skeptical that anything is going to happen because of what they’ve been through before. They are thinking ‘prove it, I won’t believe it until I see it.’ ’’ Kuvin said.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 51882.html
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:55 am

Two small points of clarification:
1. This scheme works just as well if the billionaires are in on it from the getgo as a way to buy sex; I assumed that was obvious but I guess not.
2. There’s no need to invoke the Mafia/Russia/Mossad/CIA/etc, that’s just needlessly overfitting.

Lincoln's Bible

@LincolnsBible
1h1 hour ago
More
I wonder if Donald sent any NY/ NJ/ FL building regulators, politicians, gaming commission, & L.E. in position to investigate his money-laundering to his “good friend” Jeffrey Epstein’s mansions?
https://twitter.com/LincolnsBible/statu ... 8467434498

‘Epstein was running a blackmail scheme under the cover of a hedge fund’: NY magazine reports on Wall St speculation

By Bob Brigham
July 11, 2019

Convicted sex offend Jeffrey Epstein claims to be a billionaire hedge fund manager. But his real business may have been a blackmail scheme that could end up implicating many of his powerful friends.

“Given this puzzling set of data points, the hedge-fund managers we spoke to leaned toward the theory that Epstein was running a blackmail scheme under the cover of a hedge fund,” New York Magazine reported Thursday.

The magazine spoke with multiple Wall Street insiders for the story, including Douglas Kass of Seabreeze Partners Management.

“I’m hearing about the parties, hearing about a guy who’s throwing money around,” Kass, who lives in Palm Beach, Florida. “I went to my institutional brokers, to their trading desks and asked if they ever traded with him. I did it a few times until the date when he was arrested. Not one institutional trading desk, primary or secondary, had ever traded with Epstein’s firm.”

“How did he get the money?” Kass kept investigating.

“I don’t know anyone who’s ever invested in him; he’s never talked about by any of the allocators,” a billionaire hedge-fund manager told the magazine.

Kass was one hedge-fund manager who emailed around a Twitter thread explaining how such blackmail would work.

“This actually sounds very plausible,” former hedge-fund manager Whitney Tilson said while emailing the thread around to Wall Street colleagues.

Here is the full thread by Quantian1:

Quantian
@quantian1
So, apologies in advance, but I want to do a quick little THREAD to explain my theory of what the Epstein story really is. I promise this isn't some crazy Pizzagate conspiracy about space lizards, just a neat little explanation that IMO perfectly fits the known facts (0/13):

Quantian
@quantian1
(1/13) Let's take as our starting points two givens.
(A.) You are a committed, unrepentant pedophile
(B.) Because of your old job in private banking, you are very connected to lots of very, very wealthy people
We'll also assume a goal:
(Z.) You want to become very rich

Quantian
@quantian1
(2/13) The obvious route is, well, obvious: you could just be a pimp, offering underage prostitute services to very rich people. This has two problems: you're very disposable (see: DC madam), and it's also not super lucrative. You can't charge millions of dollars up front.

(3/13) The second level though follows instantly: You don't need to charge up front, just get them to have underage sex, and then blackmail them afterwards for hush money. Better ROI, but you're still a liability, and producing and receiving big bribe money raises big questions.

(4/13) So, what to do? Well, the second idea has some merits. First, you need to recruit people in. Have lots of massive parties at your spacious home (check), invite top academics, artists, politicians to encourage people to come (check), and supply lots of young women (check)

Quantian
@quantian1
(5/13) You don't even have to do anything, and most people invited might even be totally unaware of the real purpose of the parties! But, sooner or later, some billionaire will get handsy, she'll escort him to a room with a hidden camera, things happen. Morning after, you strike.

(6/13) You inform him she was really 15, but you offer him a nice, neat way to buy your silence: a large allocation to your hedge fund, which charges 2/20 (check). To ensure nobody else asks questions, you also take the extraordinary step of demanding power of attorney (check)

(7/13) The fund is offshore in a tax haven (check) and nobody will see the client list (check). Of course, you don't really know anything about investing, instead making up some nonsense about currency trading (check), and nobody on Wall Street has ever traded with you (check)

(8/13) The fund itself doesn't need investment personnel (check), only some back office people to process the wires (check). You don't want to money from non-pedophiles, or they'll notice you've just put it in a S&P 500 fund, so you reject all incoming inquiries (check)

(9/13) A $20 million wire from Billionaire X to you with no obvious reason will raise many questions, and the IRS will certainly want to know what you did to warrant it. A $5 million quarterly fee for managing $1 billion in assets? Nobody bats an eye.

(10/13) Because of this structure, you're extraordinarily secretive about client lists (check) because they aren't clients, they're pedophiles paying you bribes, and they also are very secretive, which is why no letters or return streams ever leak (check)

(11/13) Occasionally you may also try this trick on other people: important political figures, mayors, prosecutors, etc. They don't invest in the fund, but it's nice to have them in your pocket. Others (academics, artists, etc.) can just be bought with money as a PR smokescreen.

(12/13) And, of course, the scam can be kept going as long as people are willing to pay, which is forever. If you're ever caught, just lean on some of your other friends in government to lean on the prosecutor to get you a sweetheart deal. There's almost zero risk.

(13/13) And the last piece of the puzzle is the evidence. You'd want it somewhere remote, but accessible: a place the US can't touch but you have an excuse to visit all the time to update. Remember that offshore fund?

I bet there's a *very* interesting safe deposit box there.

Two small points of clarification:
1. This scheme works just as well if the billionaires are in on it from the getgo as a way to buy sex; I assumed that was obvious but I guess not.
2. There’s no need to invoke the Mafia/Russia/Mossad/CIA/etc, that’s just needlessly overfitting.
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/epstei ... 0I.twitter

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:42 am

Acosta (the Secretary of Labor pedophile enabler) has resigned

next up the pedophile in chief to resign or the pics will come out...guess who is blackmailing trump now?

so many blackmailers so little time

When Does America Reckon with the Gravity of Donald Trump’s Alleged Rapes?

In light of the new legal scrutiny of Jeffrey Epstein, it’s time to re-examine all the sexual misconduct allegations against the president.

By Laura BassettJuly 11, 2019

For more than a decade, it’s been no secret that multimillionaire hedge-fund manager Jeffrey Epstein trafficked, molested, and raped dozens of underage girls. And yet, until his arrest last week, it seemed as if he might escape with little more than a slap on the wrist because he’s rich and well-connected.

In 2007, federal prosecutors prepared a 53-page indictment that could have put Epstein in prison for life for the sex trafficking of minors. Instead, Epstein served only thirteen months for solicitation—during which he was allowed to leave and work from his office for 12 hours a day, six days a week—thanks to a sweetheart plea deal brokered by Alex Acosta, then a federal prosecutor in Florida and now Trump’s secretary of labor.

Acosta is now under fire for helping the wealthy pedophile escape federal prosecution. Amid growing calls for Acosta to resign, and at President Donald Trump’s urging, he defended his handling of the case in a press conference on Wednesday, arguing that “we live in a very different world” for sex-abuse victims than we did a decade ago and that a lenient plea deal resulting in any jail time at all was the best he could have hoped for at the time. The implication is that perpetrators are actually held to account now, regardless of their money or power; that the Me Too movement has forced the nation to reckon, finally, with how many men are allowed to get away with sexual harassment, abuse, and rape in a system indifferent to the lives of victims.

So, then, when is America going to reckon with the alleged serial sexual abuser in the White House? Donald Trump has not only been accused of rape and sexual misconduct by more than 20 women over the past several decades, but he regularly uses his power to threaten survivors who come forward and to protect and promote men who abuse women.

Many are hoping the Epstein trial will also implicate some of his powerful friends, including Trump. The world’s most privileged pedophile was known to hang out with the likes of Bill Clinton, Woody Allen, Prince Andrew, celebrity lawyer Alan Dershowitz, and, yes, the president, sometimes giving them rides on his infamous private child-sex-abuse plane, nicknamed the “Lolita Express.” Trump, who now claims he's "not a fan," in 2002 called Epstein a “terrific guy” who "likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side."

And Trump's connections to Epstein's sex trafficking may go beyond merely superficial. In 2016, “Jane Doe” filed a lawsuit against Trump alleging a “savage sexual attack” in 1994, when she was 13 years old, in which he tied her to a bed at Epstein’s house, raped her, and struck her in the face. The account was corroborated by a witness who claimed to have seen the child perform sexual acts on both Trump and Epstein.

Just as he has a patten of sexual predation, Trump also seems to have a pattern of threatening victims who come forward. Jane Doe alleged in the lawsuit that Trump told her she shouldn’t ever say anything if she didn’t want to “disappear like Maria,” a 12-year-old girl who had also been abused along with her. Jane Doe dropped the lawsuit in November 2016, days before Trump’s election, after her attorney, Lisa Bloom, cited “numerous threats” against her client. (Trump denied the allegations, and Bloom declined to comment for this story.)

Even if the Epstein proceedings fail to produce evidence against Trump, there is enough already in the public record—including words recorded out of his own mouth—to substantiate a shockingly prolific history of sexual misconduct. The first rape allegation against him was by his ex-wife Ivana, who in a deposition in the early 1990s described a violent assault by her husband in 1989 in which he pulled out fistfuls of her hair and jammed himself inside her. She clarified while he was running for president in 2015—and while under a gag order that prevents her from discussing her marriage with Trump without his approval—that the alleged rape was not in a “criminal sense.” What she, likely coached by Trump’s team, seemed to be implying is that a man has a right to sex with his wife, regardless of his level of violence or her protestations (all 50 states have laws against non-consensual sex, or rape, within a marriage).

Even though Michael Cohen, Trump's former personal lawyer and fixer, claimed that "you cannot rape your spouse,” he was so invested in squashing the story that he dramatically threatened a Daily Beast reporter who was writing about the incident that same year. “I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we’re in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny you still don’t have. And I will come after your Daily Beast and everybody else that you possibly know,” Cohen said. “So I’m warning you, tread very fucking lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting. You understand me?”

The allegations have piled up against Trump for almost 40 years now. Businesswoman Jessica Leeds told The New York Times that in the 1980s, he grabbed her breasts and reached up her skirt on an airplane without her consent. “He was like an octopus,” she said. “His hands were everywhere.”

In total, and not counting the young Jane Doe who rescinded her lawsuit, more than 20 women have accused Trump of sexual misconduct so far, and many of them have produced witnesses and corroborators. Five have produced at least two witnesses. He denies all of the allegations, but his own recorded statements suggest he does regularly engage in this pattern of behavior.

Trump infamously boasted to Access Hollywood host Billy Bush in 2005 that he can grope women whenever he wants because he’s famous. “When you’re a star, they let you do it,” he said. “You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy.”

Perhaps the slow drip of information and accusations against Trump has had a numbing effect on public opinion, and the sexual misconduct has been further buried by the national security crises that seem to be occurring on a weekly basis. The New York Times didn’t even consider it front-page news last month when prominent writer E. Jean Carroll became the third person to accuse the sitting president of rape. (Trump responded that he couldn’t have raped her because she’s not his “type.”) But when the puzzle pieces are assembled, the full picture of Trump’s alleged sexual misconduct and the fact that he’s gotten away with it for so long are actually quite shocking at a time when the country is supposed to be reckoning with its own rape culture.

It’s not just the idea of a possible rapist sitting in the Oval Office that’s disturbing—it’s the ripple effect of a presidency that silences and devalues women and girls while elevating the men who harm them. Trump paid two porn stars for their silence after having affairs with them. His administration has come under international scrutiny for weakening protections for victims of sex trafficking. He endorsed Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore in 2017, after multiple allegations that Moore had sexually abused teen girls. He stood by his Supreme Court pick, Brett Kavanaugh, after Dr. Christine Blasey Ford delivered an emotional testimony alleging that Kavanaugh tried to rape her in high school. He is reportedly not even considering firing Acosta for making a sweetheart deal with Epstein’s lawyers.

There are too many red flags to ignore. Trump has proven himself to be a danger to women in his personal orbit, and his leadership is a danger to women and girls across the world. Now that his powerful friend is being held accountable for heinous sex crimes, the allegations against the president warrant much further scrutiny.
https://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-j ... ce=twitter

just like Weinstein.......

Jeffrey Epstein allegedly hired private investigators and engaged in a campaign of intimidation against accusers in Florida
(CNN) — Not long after a 14-year-old girl reported Jeffery Epstein to authorities in 2005, she says she received a warning from someone who claimed to be in contact with the well-connected financier.

The girl would be paid cash if she agreed not to cooperate with law enforcement, the person told the accuser, adding that "those who help him will be compensated and those who hurt him will be dealt with," according to a Palm Beach, Florida, police report reflecting the accuser's statement.

The threat was one of many intimidation and bare-knuckle tactics that accusers and witnesses told police they faced after Florida authorities opened their first investigation into Epstein.

Jeffrey Epstein operated a vast sex-trafficking network of underage girls who recruited other victims, prosecutors say
Epstein was charged Monday by the US Attorney's office for the Southern District of New York with sex trafficking of minors. He pleaded not guilty and faces as much as 45 years in prison if convicted. But the first investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct against him began over a decade ago.
During that probe, at least three private investigators who police believed were working on Epstein's behalf tracked down accusers and possible witnesses to the alleged attacks, according to the police reports. They sat in black SUVs outside the homes of accusers, questioned their current and former boyfriends, and chased one parent's car off the road, according to police reports and a lawyer for three accusers. Epstein's current attorney Reid Weingarten denied in a court filing Thursday any knowledge of the alleged car chase and said if it happened, it was not authorized by Epstein.

"It was incredibly intimidating," Spencer Kuvin, an attorney for three accusers, told CNN. "You have to remember these girls were 14 and 15 (years old) when this was happening."

Prosecutors allege horrific crimes against girls by well-connected Jeffrey Epstein
Prosecutors allege horrific crimes against girls by well-connected Jeffrey Epstein 05:46

Prosecutors weighed filing charges of witness intimidation

The aggressive tactics didn't stop with witnesses or accusers, according to court filings, police reports, and attorneys, but also extended to the prosecutors.

Prosecutors with the US attorney's office for the Southern District of Florida, led by Alex Acosta at the time, considered charging Epstein with obstruction of justice or witness intimidation in 2008, according to court filings. Weingarten, in Thursday's filing, said it was a hypothetical idea prosecutors debated with Epstein's previous counsel and prosecutors "ultimately did not believe there was factual support for the allegations."
Acosta described a "year-long assault on the prosecution and prosecutors" in a 2011 letter that was cited in part in court filings and published in its entirety by the Daily Beast.
"I use the word assault intentionally, as the defense in this case was more aggressive than any which I, or the prosecutors in my office, had previously encountered," he wrote.

Breaking down Epstein's sweetheart deal
Breaking down Epstein's sweetheart deal 03:07

Epstein loaded his legal team with some of the biggest names in the defense bar. He hired Alan Dershowitz and Roy Black, the attorney who helped exonerate William Kennedy Smith in a rape trial, eventually switching to an all-star line-up including Jack Goldberger, Jay Lefkowitz and Ken Starr, the special prosecutor who investigated President Bill Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinsky.

Epstein's multipronged response to the investigation included suing Bradley Edwards, a lawyer representing accusers, in 2009 alleging his representation of accusers was linked to a Ponzi scheme. According to the Miami Herald, this suit ended in a monetary settlement, and Epstein admitted that he had filed the lawsuit in an "unreasonable attempt to damage [Edwards'] business reputation. He also filed a complaint with the Florida bar association, which investigated and found no wrongdoing.

Acosta said in past court filings that not all of the accusers were willing to testify.
Kuvin, the attorney for three accusers, said of Acosta's office, "They folded under the pressure."

New Jeffrey Epstein accuser comes forward
New Jeffrey Epstein accuser comes forward 02:24

In the end, Acosta negotiated a controversial federal nonprosecution agreement for Epstein and four alleged co-conspirators. Epstein served time on two state charges of solicitation of prostitution. The alleged co-conspirators were not charged, and Epstein was not charged with obstruction or witness tampering.
Kuvin said one of his teenaged clients endured "a rigorous deposition where she was heavily cross-examined by Epstein's lawyers" and was prepared to testify at his trial.

Epstein's attorneys at the time alleged prosecutorial misconduct and overreaching and used their heft to appeal to the very top of the Justice Department in Washington, even after Epstein signed the nonprosecution agreement.

"He had this team of maybe six to eight lawyers all pressuring not only the state's attorney but the feds to drop all of this, saying that they were going to make these girls' lives miserable," recalled Kuvin.

The private investigators

The Florida investigation began in 2005 when the parent of one of the accusers, a 14-year-old girl later represented by Kuvin, reported Epstein to the local police.

A few months later, private investigators police believed were working with Epstein appeared. One private investigator contacted one of Epstein's former house managers looking to "meet with him to ascertain what he was going to tell the police," one police report said. Epstein's local attorney told authorities that "they" were under the direction of Black, the other attorney, according to the police report.

"Our firm, like most lawyers, engages private investigators who typically worked in law enforcement for many years, when appropriate to assist in gathering information in support of our clients' interests," Black, Srebnick, Kornspan & Stumpf said in a statement. "We have no knowledge of any improper conduct by any of the private investigators who assisted us."

The private investigator often made telephone contact with accusers either just before or after a police investigator spoke with them, according to the police report.

Epstein's history of political connections explained
Epstein's history of political connections explained 02:53
Several months later in February 2006, as the state grand jury was underway, Dershowitz provided the state prosecutor with information apparently intended to discredit the accusers. He provided postings from MySpace, the social media website, that appeared to show some of the accusers using drugs and alcohol, according to the police report and court documents.

"I had absolutely no role in investigating or arranging any investigation," Dershowitz wrote in an email to CNN. "I'm an appelate lawyer who did only legal research and negotiation. I don't own a computer and wouldn't even know how to access (MySpace)."

The next big question about Jeffrey Epstein
The father of one accuser later told authorities that a private investigator was "photographing his family and chasing visitors who come to the house," according to a police report. The police identified this investigator as the second one involved in the case and said the investigator was likely hired by a new attorney Epstein brought into the case. Black was no longer on the case at the time.

One week later, according to the police report, that accuser was approached by the person who claimed to be in touch with Epstein and given the warning about cooperating for compensation or facing consequences.

Kuvin, the lawyer, said Epstein's team also tried to obtain the medical records of his accusers.

By June 2006, the same month the state announced an indictment of Epstein on soliciting prostitution, one parent called the police multiple times alleging he was followed by someone; police later identified the vehicle as belonging to a third private investigator. It isn't clear which lawyer hired that investigator.

The father "stated that as he drove to and from work and running errands throughout the county, the same vehicle was behind him running other vehicles off the road in an attempt to not lose sight of (the father's) car," according to the police report.

The same car, which was linked to a private investigator, according to the report, later ran the mother of the same accuser off the road.

No charges for Epstein

By 2006, the FBI and the US attorney's office for the Southern District of Florida were investigating Epstein and had identified 36 potential accusers. In September 2007, Epstein's legal team had negotiated and signed a nonprosecution deal.

But his lawyers, led then by Leftkowitz and Starr, weren't satisfied and appealed to Acosta challenging the terms of the agreement. They alleged the prosecutors were overreaching by trying to make a federal case out of a state crime. They also said two of the prosecutors acted improperly when they recommended lawyers they knew to represent accusers, and a third with speaking with a reporter, according to more than half a dozen letters filed in court.

At one point, Florida prosecutors considered charging Epstein with obstruction or witness tampering for, among other things, allegedly having private investigators force the parent off of the road.
"There were discussions between prosecutors and the defendant's then-counsel about the possibility of the defendant pleading guilty to counts relating to 'obstruction,' as well as 'harassment,'" according to the letter filed Monday by the federal prosecutors in New York.

In a filing on Thursday in the New York matter, Epstein's legal team, now bolstered with Weingarten, said of the allegation that an investigator drove an accuser's parent off the road "the defense is without knowledge as to the basis for this allegation and the conduct, if it occurred, was not attributable to or authorized by Mr. Epstein."

No obstruction or witness tampering charges -- or any federal charges -- were brought by Acosta's prosecutors against Epstein. Epstein pleaded guilty to two state charges of solicitation of prostitution in 2008 and served 13 months in prison. During that time, he was allowed to leave for 12 hours a day, six days a week, to run his business.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/12/us/jeffe ... index.html
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Elvis » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:00 am

Wouldn't Epstein be a natural target for recruitment by any intelligence agency?

To wit: according to the court documents, Epstein was/is an FBI informant. Epstein is infinitely compromisable and his first concern seems to be obtaining underage girls for sex. Add a heapin' overdose of greed, and he's an ideal asset with a cover James Bond would envy. I'd be surprised if multiple intelligence agencies weren't involved. (We already know of one: the FBI.) Then add the Maxwells, "intelligence matters" popping up in the paperwork, and, without going over the whole Douchewitz/Finkelstein clash over The Case for Israel deceit, my guess is Dershowitz—who as we know (I believe Virginia Roberts) is also highly subject to compromise—has been an asset for years, and he's always there to defend Epstein and people like Weinstein and O.J. Simpson.

Take all that and it's a stew, with gravy.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion