Katy Perry = Jon Benet

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Katy Perry = Jon Benet

Postby Harvey » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:28 pm

Respectfully, please do. My father thinks he's the knees of bees. Time indeed tells all.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Harvey » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:28 pm

Deleted duplicated post. How, I don't know...
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby 8bitagent » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:05 am

I prefer Patton Oswalt, but then again I never really "got" British humor
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:51 am

Nordic wrote:Suddenly it all makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. I still don't know who Katy Perry is except that she's suddenly famous, like Justin Beiber. Just out of the blue.

Just in case anyone does want to know the exact mechanizations by which Katy Perry became famous, it is because her first single was about casual faux bisexualism, and it was performed by a girl with big blue eyes and fairly large breasts.

I'm of the mind that discussions of culture (and lack thereof) are relevant here. Obviously it's indicative of a broader climate, but I get that no one looking to preserve brain cells wants to subject themselves to this type of "entertainment." I'll gladly analyze any of this, especially if it's going to affect so many people in such a big way and be such a huge part of their lives. To just be hands-off about the mindsets following and worshiping pop culture would be counterproductive if I'm going to consider myself an activist in other segments of culture.

Perry is an odd case. A few months ago there was a "behind the music"-type special about her, I suppose in promotion of her latest album (though I think that had already been out for some time at that point). It was odd, focusing on her strict religious upbringing but in a very obtuse way. The takeaway was that she was "rebellious", but in a "cutesy", "harmless" way.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby psynapz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:19 am

8bitagent wrote:I prefer Patton Oswalt, but then again I never really "got" British humor

I mean nothing negative by this, but am purely curious -- was English your first language, and/or were you taught English primarily or firstly by people who spoke it as their first language, or was it English structure and diction filtered through Korean cognition*?

*Not that I could even pretend to know what that might mean, other than as a hypothetical distinction for the purpose of improving my understanding of people who, like my wife**, don't appreciate BritComs.

** Not of Korean or British descent or tutelage; yet paradoxically*** also worked in British Parliament one summer

*** Paradox being that she doesn't like BritComs****

**** Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares notwithstanding
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:48 am

psynapz wrote:
8bitagent wrote:I prefer Patton Oswalt, but then again I never really "got" British humor

I mean nothing negative by this, but am purely curious -- was English your first language, and/or were you taught English primarily or firstly by people who spoke it as their first language, or was it English structure and diction filtered through Korean cognition*?

*Not that I could even pretend to know what that might mean, other than as a hypothetical distinction for the purpose of improving my understanding of people who, like my wife**, don't appreciate BritComs.

** Not of Korean or British descent or tutelage; yet paradoxically*** also worked in British Parliament one summer

*** Paradox being that she doesn't like BritComs****

**** Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares notwithstanding

Dude I wish! I've only known white Americana suburban culture pretty much my whole life. Never really been around many asian folks, and I'm jealous of people who know multiple languages.

I like some British stuff, like Eddie Izzard and Gervais; often I just feel like I'm not in on the joke. What's interesting is seeing the reaction on video Bill Hicks got in the UK...it;s like they "got it" a thousand times more than any American audience
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby MinM » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:33 am

Reasonable conspiracy theory claims that Katy Perry is JonBénet Ramsey

Everyone thought JonBénet Ramsey was dead — but one random man on YouTube begs to differ. In a video, published in 2014 but gone viral in the past 24 hours, YouTuber Dave Johnson poses a powerful theory. Pop sensation Katy Perry isn't who you think she is, Johnson claims. She's actually just the adult version of the infamous, presumably dead, child model.

SEE ALSO: Katy Perry clearly hasn't been debriefed on Zoolander's trigger song

Oh, okay. Johnson claims that Ramsey's parents staged her death so that she could grow up to become a star. Why they'd need to do that, or how that was even possible, is completely irrelevant. If you don't have faith in Johnson's theory, your fate is sealed n doomed. ...

http://mashable.com/2016/02/26/katy-per ... sTJdj1emqM

Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Nordic » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:52 pm

And this is how they keep the "conspiracy theorist" paintbrush fully loaded with nice smeary paint.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Grizzly » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:40 pm

And this is how they keep the "conspiracy theorist" paintbrush fully loaded with nice smeary paint.

I concur. Not being personal, but I often feel like people methodically or Not, (with ill intent, or NOT), often throw things out like bait (think, fishing) to see who will bite on it; what sticks. I myself have done it, so I'm a HYPOCRITE, TOO. Mostly, mine is laziness, because I often find myself without the energy to think for myself, and if I throw a topic out there it's to see how or what others think of it first, then I'll decide to give it energy of critical thinking. Not saying that's okay, just being honest.

Sometimes running topics through the RI filter or other filters, separates the wheat from the ... Well, you get the point. Life is difficult. Further, life at 30 mph can't BE unHEALTHY, AND in this system can be overwhelming sometimes. I forget to slow down, breath and think for yourself, schmuck*...lol

*throw out to Bob Wilson, whom I dearly miss.
Last edited by Grizzly on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Nordic » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:52 pm

It's funny to look back at my original comments. Now I'm a big fan of Russel Brand, not as an actor but as a person. The only thing weird about this theory to me now is that this thread is from 2010 but suddenly this "theory" seems to be going viral. I would just have to wonder why that is. Maybe just a regular broadcast of the "emergency conspiracy theorist network."
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby 82_28 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:38 pm

I don't buy it at all but I do like the idea of it. Same with the existence of god. I don't buy it at all but do like the idea of it. It's somewhat healthy possibly to be wishy washy on subjects that cannot be proven no matter how badly you want something to conform to your attempted indoctrination.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby elfismiles » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:44 am

Holy Flashbacks Batman... :eeyaa :starz: :clown

... and here I thought this was a "NEW" theory.

Figures good ole RI went down that rabbit hole a gosh dang while ago.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:22 pm

Well, I enjoyed her video. I had never heard her perform before and that was quite funny.
Iamwhomiam

Postby divideandconquer » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:58 pm

One day my dad, a Fox news watcher, said, Megyn Kelly looks like Nicole Brown Simpson. I don't know where that came from but after googling it-- because I didn't really know what Megyn Kelly looked like--I found there is a conspiracy that Megyn Kelly is Nicole Brown Simpson. Weird.
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:04 am

That is weird. She was back in town Christmas time visiting with family and Bethlehem HS alumni. Nicole could be her mother, though. But let's not allow our imagination run wild.
Iamwhomiam

Previous

Return to General Discussion