Assange Amazing Adventures of Captain Neo in Blonde Land.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Assange Amazing Adventures of Captain Neo in Blonde Land

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:35 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:30 am wrote:sorry you are so upset..it's a shame you can't handle another point of view

is that spamming excuse the one you are going to petition Elvis to get rid of me next? It worked once I guess you could try it again

I smell a set up
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:37 pm

Here you missed a part

AND I want to make it perfectly clear I was not implying that Elvis has anything to do with what you do or what you say or would take orders from you

you personally attack me over and over ...and I am not supposed to wonder what your agenda is? Why you keep breaking the rules and personally attacking me?

seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:30 am wrote:sorry you are so upset..it's a shame you can't handle another point of view

is that spamming excuse the one you are going to petition Elvis to get rid of me next? It worked once I guess you could try it again

I smell a set up

SLaD posted a link to Xeni Jardin.....HOLY SHIT!

You ACCUSED me of spamming this board

Emma Best (U//FOUO)

@DDoSecrets
#DDoSecrets has added: Dark Side of the Kremlin (108 GB), hundreds of thousands of messages and files from Russian politicians, journalists, oligarchs, religious figures, and nationalists/terrorists in Ukraine. http://ddosecretspzwfy7.onion/data/asia/#russia

4:01 AM - 25 Jan 2019

The full archive + the CSV email database are being mirrored here, to allow direct downloads. https://archive.org/details/DarkSideOfTheKremlin

3h3 hours ago
More
Shortly before the public release, we gave #WikiLeaks access to the archives. If they want to, they can easily put the emails and the file attachments into an online searchable database, as they've done with other email caches.

Last edited by seemslikeadream on Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:41 pm

Why should anyone give the merest flying fuck what some contemptible gobshite called Xeni Jardin happens to shit out or piss out or vomit out or tweet out about Julian Assange? Why are you spamming up this Discussion Board with this kind of loathsomely noxious secondhand crap? Because you approve of it, that's why.

MacCruiskeen » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:24 am wrote:
seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:11 am wrote:

Xeni Jardin

In 2015-2016 I confronted people close to Assange and asked if he was getting money from Russia, or otherwise in cahoots with the crime ring that runs it. Ridiculous conspicuous silence then, before witnesses, & now. Your time is coming, too. Justice finds a way. Truth will out.

People who probably knew and helped him lied and omitted. It’ll come out. Soon.

Trump has enabling cronies who are now falling. So did his doppelgänger on the hacker left. And all of you assholes who got money to him or helped otherwise best have good attorneys and security.

I confronted someone close to Assange/Wikileaks, a loud defender. Was Assange quid-pro-quo’d by Putin/Russia to help Trump? JA threatened me over it in real time when I called it out during the campaign. Those i confronted privately covered for him then. How about now?

Justice is coming

No I am not a witness nor have I been interviewed by OSC and do not @ me, I say in open source whatever there is of merit to say.
https://twitter.com/xeni

Why should anyone give the merest flying fuck what some contemptible gobshite called Xeni Jardin happens to shit out or piss out or vomit out or tweet out about Julian Assange? Why are you spamming up this Discussion Board with this kind of loathsomely noxious secondhand crap? Because you approve of it, that's why.

"Best have good attorneys and security." Sic.

FFS
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:54 pm

at this point I want to make it perfectly clear who started this by posting in my thread .... an off topic personal attack

a thread that he had to dupe because he did not want to post in my thread but he did anyway just to personally attack me ....you started your own Assange thread why? It's a given everyone knows you disagree with my links why did you have to come in my thread and personally attack me again? I guess for emphasis

I posted one link to Xeni Jardin....THAT IS NOT SPAMMING!

no matter what how can I be spamming my own thread? you didn't like my thread ...you started your own Assange thread...WHAT'S THE PROBLEM???? I didn't post it in your thread

If memory serves me correctly I have linked to Xeni three times maybe in the past? So you have accused me of spamming how many times?

btw linking to Xeni is NOT AGAINST THE RULES

Julian Assange, 2018: Year 6 in Ecuador's Embassy, London

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40987

MacCruiskeen » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:24 am wrote:[quote="

"Best have good attorneys and security." Sic.

FFS

@ MacCruiskeen

You are the only person here I know that uses that word to accuse anyone you do not like ...you are making that accusation for what reason?

Do you think if you say it enough it will become a fact?

I believe it is a personal attack to accuse me of spamming OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN ...PLEASE JUST STOP

I posted one link to Xeni Jardin....THAT IS NOT SPAMMING!

Translation: You're going to continue spamming this Discussion Board with another thousand square acres of second-hand pseudleft warmongering crap which you will flatly refuse to defend or even discuss with anyone here. Correct?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40193&p=655836&hilit=SPAMMING#p655836

You are a warmongering spook, a phoney and a coward. Stop spamming up this Discussion Board.with your second-hand pseudleft copypasta. Stop agitating for war with Russia.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39029&p=654154&hilit=SPAMMING#p654154

That was then, and what has changed since? Whether you notice it or not, your entire current year-long spamming campaign at RI is propaganda for either cold or hot war against Russia, regurgitated from the same corporate media who sold the murder of two million Vietnamese humans and the "sacrifice" of your friends as a righteous war against evil.
posting.php?mode=reply&f=8&t=29320

Why did you post the lyrics of a Dylan song called ISIS in The Liberals Thread?
Third time I've asked the question, and last chance for you to answer it honestly. Stop spamming this thread and stop wasting my time.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40147&p=627962&hilit=SPAMMING#p627962

The hate is in his petty and vindictive spamming of this thread. The hate is also in your spiteful and gratuitous one-line jibe in response to my simple and polite question, which was not addressed to you.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40147&p=627780&hilit=SPAMMING#p627780

You're taking advantage of an unmoderated board, brekin. Please stop spamming it. This is serious.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38295&p=624557&hilit=SPAMMING#p624557

It's a good thing that Democrat plutocrats have never had any interest at all in oil pipelines. The climate might be in danger otherwise. Luckily, liberals' computers are fueled by fairydust, and if their bombers ever take to the air, then only on fairies' wings.

Enough. Please stop spamming this thread, slad. The thread topic is printed at the top of the thread.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38295&p=623696&hilit=SPAMMING#p623696

In the meantime, stop spreading disinfo and lies. No joke. You are spamming, trolling and abusing this board by copying and posting acres of warmongering, murderous bullshit you haven't even bothered to read beforehand. And you've been doing it for weeks now. What's wrong with you?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33717&p=623214&hilit=SPAMMING#p623214

You are spamming this board, SLAD. Yet again.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40179&p=623040&hilit=SPAMMING#p623040

Now kindly stop spamming this board
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39666&p=616884&hilit=SPAMMING#p616884

What I do argue is that spamming this discussion board day-in day-out for years and turning it into your own Personal Collection of Data Dumps is the very opposite of "building grassroots people power locally [or globally!]". All it does is piss people off and drive them away. It is not just deeply obnoxious behaviour but truly terrible politics. (Especially when a huge proportion of that spam is just low-grade Concern Trollery, objectively pro-war and pro-imperialism both in its contents and in its effects.)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33717&p=616050&hilit=SPAMMING#p616050

Your agenda is obvious. You've been spamming this anti-fascist discussion board for years now, with complete impunity. How (and why) do you get away with it? I think we should be told.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40094&p=614989&hilit=SPAMMING#p614989

STOP SPAMMING THIS BOARD
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38267&p=548237&hilit=SPAMMING#p548237

Stop spamming the board up.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37403&p=527330&hilit=SPAMMING#p527330

spam, trump, spam, putin, spam...
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23734&p=647739&hilit=spam#p647739

Caroline Orr

Per the indictment: On or about October 4, 2016, Roger Stone received an email from a high-ranking Trump Campaign official asking about the status of future releases by WikiLeaks. Roger Stone replied that the head of WikiLeaks would release "a load every week going forward."

(!!) Per the indictment: On or about Oct 7, 2016, WikiLeaks released the first set of emails stolen from the Clinton Campaign chairman. Shortly after the release, an associate of the high-ranking Trump Campaign official sent a text message to Roger Stone that read "well done."
https://twitter.com/RVAwonk
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:21 pm

Without a doubt you are spamming this board. This is just a fact, not a call for your banning. You could always just stop doing it, for example by not starting a new #Russiagate thread almost daily, or by consolidating what is essentially the same (dubious) set of claims about Roger Stone, Wikileaks, and the alleged control of the Trump 2016 campaign by "Russia" in one thread rather than the three or four or twenty that you keep kicking.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:27 pm

You’ve got your Manafort thread

Mac has his Assange thread

There is your own Syrian thread now

Oh yea your very own Venezuela thread too

And your own Skripals thread

I’m not pissing on your threads but I guess I could if I wanted to since you guys find my threads so fascinating maybe I don’t like your links ......but I ain’t messing with your threads

There is a quick fix for your misery I suggest you put me on ignore
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

SLAD Supports US Imperialism With This Dumb Thread Title

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:01 pm

Bullshit on all counts. People can start threads, that doesn't mean they should be abusing it.

Anyone can see what the front page looks like. It's a flood of stuff by you, all about the same things with the same slant, as usual. It's also just a repro of Google News, as if we're incapable of accessing the corporate media bullshit (or as if it's not forced on us all the time anyway).

People can start their own threads, that's not the point. The point is you start a great many all the time about the same stuff. Also, with a clear, cultish, proselytizing intent, as if you're going to win this argument and all the incredible lies that have been attached to the #Russiagate complex and were later disproved will somehow come true now. But the latter is irrelevant, fine, you can say what you like. You could just consolidate as a matter of not trashing the board for others.

I have you on ignore. That way I can skip your ten-mile posts. But ignore cannot hide threads. We don't have this function on this board, or certainly I would have not been subjected to the idiotic and defamatory title of this thread every day for the last eight years.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:07 pm

you are as sweet as you look

have a nice day

I’ll file your complaints

IT IS DOUBLE TEAM DAY :yay :yay :yay

Are you going to make it a threesome?
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:14 pm

Be careful what you ask for from now on Jack

:P

You really need to get over this obsession of yours about micro managing my threads their titles what links I can use how many times I can post a day what colors I can use when I can use capital letters .....I am not sure who you think you are

There is no rule that states one has to agree with you to be able to post here

I wonder are you two done derailing my thread now? Or are you going to continue this off topic crap?

We can keep this thread on top as long as you both like......I’m game

btw not everyone here is buying that little thesis of yours ..that's all that matters to me ...don't get ahead of your skis

Maybe I should start posting in your threads? That might be fun

No you don’t want me banned you are just going to try and shame me into leaving ....so sorry Charlie you can keep your complaints I am staying ....why you would think you matter to me is a mystery

I know you two have some time on your hands now that AD is gone .....I knew I would be getting more flack from you guys (actually I thought it would start sooner than this) now that you’re down to one enemy but c'est la vie

Now what is that called when someone posts off topic shit in someones thread repeatedly? Does it begin with an s?

seemslikeadream » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:29 pm wrote:Jack has asked me to combine the Assange threads, let's see if we can keep all posts Assange here, thanks.

previous threads

Whistleblowers on US ‘massacre’ fear CIA stalker
Secret Archive Grim View of Afghan War - Wikileaks ONLINE
The political spinning of the WikiLeaks exposé: Antiwar whistle-blowing or war propaganda?
The Anti-Nuclear WANK Worm
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is 'annoyed' by 9/11 truth
On Wikileaks (VII): Take Up the Wikileaks Challenge with Pride and Honor
Julian Assange wanted in Sweden for alleged rapes
WikiLeaks founder hires star lawyer over Swedish claims
Fact-free accusations about WikiLeaks
The Real Grand Chessboard and the Profiteers of War
Slain U.S. Nazi Millionaire Had Parts for Dirty Bomb.
The BND, CIA and Kosovo's Deep Stat
How to train death squads and quash revolutions
Wikileaks is who?
wikileaks:-Cover-up of murder of civilians and journalists
WikiLeaks Personnel Are Under Physical Surveillance
Wikileaks to release over half a million 9/11 intercepts
Exposing the Black Budget
How to train death squads and quash revolutions
Fusion Centers Will Have Access to Classified Military Intel
Manhunt For Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange
WikiLeaks founder has his passport confiscated
Julian Assange ~ Oslo Freedom Forum 2010
WikiLeaks guy on AntiWar Radio now

Assange: The Amazing Adventures of Captain Neo in Blonde Land...

By ISRAEL SHAMIR and PAUL BENNETT

…as no doubt the story of Julian Assange’s escapades in Sweden will be known once it inevitably makes its way into the hands of one of the goofier Hollywood directors – say Robert Zemeckis or Mel Brooks, or perhaps Stephen Herek of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. It would do better in the hands of Andy Wachowski, where he might do for Julian Assange what he once did for Keanu Reeves.

Who could ask for a more beautiful set-up? It’s a story fit for a tabloid, yet it might be transformed into something an intellectual could read without embarrassment. This latest adventure is the stuff of pulp fiction, and chock full of Langley spies, computer hackers, crazy feminists, flatfooted cops and sleazy rags in the female kingdom of Sweden!

Julian Assange is a character that might have been ripped from the celluloid frames of the Matrix: flaxen and lanky, he moves through cyberspace like a superman. When, on those rare occasions that he does emerge into the real world, it is to perform Kung Fu exercises. He hardly ever eats or drinks. His corporeal body can normally be found sitting in front of a MacPro or two, while his digital alter ego commutes and computes, battling the odds and the system in fantastic virtual combat. Like Neo, he is a natural-born hacker who hacked just for the heck of it until he discovered the Matrix. He had hundreds of remarkable hacking achievements to his name when in 1992 he pleaded guilty to twenty-two of them. We like to think that someday, after he has passed on in the fullness of time, he will become a kind of guardian angel for hackers, or perhaps the Greek God of Cyberspace with His Golden Board, forever surfing the web.

His adventurous style and quick wit have earned him many Swedish fans, and so when Fate led him into the sun-drenched late summer of Sweden, Julian found himself dazzled by reddening apples, cooling lakes, and boisterous crayfish-parties. Captain Neo soon paid the price for letting down his guard! It was only a few days later that this unassuming computer geek awoke to discover his own face plastered across a tabloid’s front page, and the headlines screaming Arrest of Double Rapist Imminent! Imagine yourself on vacation, visiting friends, and finding yourself suddenly the object of a nationwide manhunt. Captain Neo felt the eerie presence of the Matrix, and he pinched himself to make sure he was still in the real world. The newspaper was still there on the table, and it told him – and all of Sweden – that two women had accused him of rape, and that the police were closing in.

No, Captain Neo did not passively wait for the police to come to his door. Captain Neo is no stranger to the tactics of the Matrix. Ever since Julian’s WikiLeaks website had published the Afghan War Diary (a huge pile of secret intelligence reports that reveal the dirty war the US is running against Afghanistan), Uncle Sam has been hunting for ways to have him carted off to Guantanamo. The Right Wing News site has, just below an icon of Sarah Palin, recommended a summary death sentence for our hero: “Can we have a CIA agent with a sniper rifle rattle a bullet around his skull the next time he appears in public as a warning? You bet we can -- and we should. If that's too garish for people, then the CIA can kill him and make it look like an accident. Either way, Julian Assange deserves to die.” Other right-wing American sites bristle with similar murderous commentary about our beleaguered computer programmer.

Captain Neo understands death squads. To forestall further threats, Assange publicly placed a huge, encrypted file onto the WikiLeaks site. This file contains all the most sensitive secret information he has in his possession. He called it Insurance, and thousands of activists all over the world await the password that will release this Pandora’s Box onto the heads of the US administration.

Instead, the Matrix plays dirty and lets loose a sex bomb upon our intrepid Neo. When you can’t contest the message, you smear the messenger. Sweden is tailor-made for sending a young man into a honey trap. Sweden has particularly thorny anti-rape legislation, where a conviction might be secured from something as thin as an anonymous accuser’s allegation.

In any case, our lucky Neo Julian Assange was only able to enjoy his fugitive-from-justice status for a few hours. By noon, the charges were already dropped, and he was free to be defamed from one end of Sweden to the other, not to mention the countless websites. It’s a simple system: the websites show the headlines, and the headlines report the web gossip. It’s Character Assassination 101, but why in Sweden of all places couldn’t the dirty tricks department make the accusations stick?

Swedish bloggers uncovered the full story in a few hours. The complaint was lodged by a radical feminist Anna Ardin, 30, a one-time intern in the Swedish Foreign Service. She’s spokeswoman for Broderskapsrörelsen, the liberation theology-like Christian organization affiliated with Sweden's Social Democratic Party. She had invited Julian Assange to a crayfish party, and they had enjoyed some quality time together. When Ardin discovered that Julian shared a similar experience with a 20-year-old woman a day or two later, she obtained the younger woman’s cooperation in declaring before the police that changing partners in so rapid a manner constituted a sort of deceit. And deceit is a sort of rape. The prosecutor immediately issued an arrest warrant, and the press was duly notified. Once the facts were examined in the cold light of day, the charge of rape seemed ludicrous and was immediately dropped. In the meantime the younger woman, perhaps realizing how she had been used, withdrew her report, leaving the vengeful Anna Ardin standing alone.

However, before we absolve the Swedish police as unwitting, if zealous, dupes, please note that Swedish law strictly forbids police and prosecutors to release to the media the details of any rape-connected complaint. The Expressen had all the details of the case, including the names of the accused and the complainant, within a matter of minutes. Please note further that the right-wing tabloid Expressen belongs to the Bonnier family, the biggest media owners in Sweden, who are not only pro-American but very much pro-Israel, too. As you know, the pro-Israeli lobby is warmly supportive of America’s Middle Eastern wars, while Assange and his WikiLeaks have the potential to undermine America’s weakening support for the war.

Were the criminal reporters of the Expressen that good, or is it possible that Ms. Ardin willingly collaborated with the Expressen in targeting our plucky Neo? She interned for the editorial page ofGT , the Gothenberg edition of Expressen. f

Ardin has written and published on her blog a “revenge instruction”, describing how to commit a complete character assassination to legally destroy a person who “should be punished for what he did”. If the offence was of a sexual nature, the revenge also must also be sex-related, she wrote. Ardin was involved in Gender Studies in Uppsala University, in charge of gender equality in the Students’ Union, a junior inquisitor of sorts.

In other words, she was perfect for the job. In order to frame Julian in Singapore, they would have to fit him up with drugs. To frame Julian in England, they might have to report he had skinned and roasted cats or at least dumped a kitten in a trash bin. To hang a frame on Julian in Sweden only required reporting sex between consenting adults.

If the setup was so perfect, why did it fail? Overreach, as always. When Anna Ardin maneuvered the younger girl into assisting her in her revenge, she overreached herself. When the girl withdrew her report, Anna’s “deceit equals rape” accusation failed. However, this is just conjecture, and the true facts of the case lie deep in the vaults of the Expressen.

Hopefully it is all over, and our Neo will continue his perilous runs for the benefit of all civilization. And the Swedes? Perhaps now they will recognize that they went too far. “When the reporter from the Washington Post realized that I was not joking, (said a Swedish legal figure this week), that it does not need more than one woman's word for the police to arrest a man and charge him with rape, he said: “But my God, are you completely crazy? It's worse than Iraq of Saddam Hussein ...”
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby RocketMan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:20 pm

This is insane.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:31 pm

Nixon is finally going to jail

Jared Kushner’s newspaper allegedly coordinated with WikiLeaks during the 2016 election: report

It is worth looking back at more Trump campaign involvement with the hacker group that targeted Hillary Clinton

Tom Boggioni
With the arrest and 7-count indictment tied to Wikileaks filed against President Donald Trump confidante Roger Stone, following an early morning raid in Florida, it is worth looking back at more Trump campaign involvement with the hacker group that targeted Trump’s 2016 presidential opponent, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

According to a report at Foreign Policy (subscription required) in 2017, Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law, allowed his New York Observer to regularly publish whatever Wikileaks used to offer –including sending a freelancer to meet with founder Julian Assange back in 2014.

The report notes that Editor in Chief Ken Kurson helped arrange a meeting between writer Jacques Hyzagi and the embattled Assange in London where he was holed up in the Ecuadorian embassy to avoid arrest.

Out of that meeting came a series of stories about Wikileaks, which became notable for leaking private emails stolen from the Democratic National Committee.

According to Foreign Policy, the contacts between Hyzagi and Assange led to a “friendly feature in the Observer and kicked off a long-running series of laudatory articles about the WikiLeaks founder — many of those stories including exclusive details about the Australian transparency advocate.”

“Later, the Observer also became a favored outlet of Guccifer 2.0, a suspected Russian hacker, who along with WikiLeaks released troves of emails from the Democratic National Committee (DNC),” Foreign Policy stated. “WikiLeaks tweeted some of the Observer’s coverage, including stories expressing doubt that the Russians had meddled in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.”

According to Foreign Policy, the Observer was not the only outlet prominently featuring Guccifer 2.0 revelations, but: “. . . it was the only one owned by someone who was part of the Trump campaign.”

“Writers working for the Observer trumpeted exclusive access to various DNC hack releases and solicited those leaks openly, describing how they were passed files for news coverage,” FP reports, adding, “As the Observer published leaks targeting the Democratic presidential campaign, Kurson maintained a close relationship with his publisher, Jared Kushner, and the rest of the Trump campaign. According to an interview Kurson gave to Recode Media, Kushner never pushed for certain coverage or political support — but would talk politics with him almost every day.”

As John Sipher, a former CIA officer who worked in Russia, wrote in an email at the time: “This would be of significant interest to law enforcement and investigators.”

The report goes on to state that Kushner — who bought the Observer for $10 million in 2006 — told lawmakers on Capitol Hill, that he never had contact with WikiLeaks or Assange, nor did anyone else on the campaign.

His assertion is belied by the Stone indictments — and arrest — on Friday during an early morning raid.

You can read more here.
https://www.salon.com/2019/01/25/jared- ... t_partner/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:37 am

The Secret Correspondence Between Donald Trump Jr. and WikiLeaks

The transparency organization asked the president’s son for his cooperation—in sharing its work, in contesting the results of the election, and in arranging for Julian Assange to be Australia’s ambassador to the United States.

Julia Ioffe is a former staff writer at The Atlantic.Nov 13, 2017

Peter Nicholls / Reuters
This story was updated on November 13 at 10:28 pm

Just before the stroke of midnight on September 20, 2016, at the height of last year’s presidential election, the WikiLeaks Twitter account sent a private direct message to Donald Trump Jr., the Republican nominee’s oldest son and campaign surrogate. “A PAC run anti-Trump site putintrump.org is about to launch,” WikiLeaks wrote. “The PAC is a recycled pro-Iraq war PAC. We have guessed the password. It is ‘putintrump.’ See ‘About’ for who is behind it. Any comments?” (The site, which has since become a joint project with Mother Jones, was founded by Rob Glaser, a tech entrepreneur, and was funded by Progress for USA Political Action Committee.)

The next morning, about 12 hours later, Trump Jr. responded to WikiLeaks. “Off the record I don’t know who that is, but I’ll ask around,” he wrote on September 21, 2016. “Thanks.”

The messages, obtained by The Atlantic, were also turned over by Trump Jr.’s lawyers to congressional investigators. They are part of a long—and largely one-sided—correspondence between WikiLeaks and the president’s son that continued until at least July 2017. The messages show WikiLeaks, a radical transparency organization that the American intelligence community believes was chosen by the Russian government to disseminate the information it had hacked, actively soliciting Trump Jr.’s cooperation. WikiLeaks made a series of increasingly bold requests, including asking for Trump’s tax returns, urging the Trump campaign on Election Day to reject the results of the election as rigged, and requesting that the president-elect tell Australia to appoint Julian Assange ambassador to the United States.

“Over the last several months, we have worked cooperatively with each of the committees and have voluntarily turned over thousands of documents in response to their requests,” said Alan Futerfas, an attorney for Donald Trump Jr. “Putting aside the question as to why or by whom such documents, provided to Congress under promises of confidentiality, have been selectively leaked, we can say with confidence that we have no concerns about these documents and any questions raised about them have been easily answered in the appropriate forum.” WikiLeaks did not respond to requests for comment.

The messages were turned over to Congress as part of that body’s various ongoing investigations into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential campaign. American intelligence services have accused the Kremlin of engaging in a deliberate effort to boost President Donald Trump’s chances while bringing down his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton. That effort—and the president’s response to it—has spawned multiple congressional investigations, and a special counsel inquiry that has led to the indictment of Trump’s former campaign chair, Paul Manafort, for financial crimes.

It’s not clear what investigators will make of the correspondence, which represents a small portion of the thousands of documents Donald Trump Jr.’s lawyer says he turned over to them. The stakes for the Trump family, however, are high. Trump Jr.’s June 2016 meeting with Natalia Veselnitskaya, a Russian lawyer with connections to Russia’s powerful prosecutor general, is already reportedly a subject of interest in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, as is the White House statement defending him. (Trump Jr. was emailed an offer of “information that would incriminate Hillary,” and responded in part, “If it’s what you say I love it.”) The messages exchanged with WikiLeaks add a second instance in which Trump Jr. appears eager to obtain damaging information about Hillary Clinton, despite its provenance.

Though Trump Jr. mostly ignored the frequent messages from WikiLeaks, he at times appears to have acted on its requests. When WikiLeaks first reached out to Trump Jr. about putintrump.org, for instance, Trump Jr. followed up on his promise to “ask around.” According to a source familiar with the congressional investigations into Russian interference with the 2016 campaign, who requested anonymity because the investigation is ongoing, on the same day that Trump Jr. received the first message from WikiLeaks, he emailed other senior officials with the Trump campaign, including Steve Bannon, Kellyanne Conway, Brad Parscale, and Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner, telling them WikiLeaks had made contact. Kushner then forwarded the email to campaign communications staffer Hope Hicks. At no point during the 10-month correspondence does Trump Jr. rebuff WikiLeaks, which had published stolen documents and was already observed to be releasing information that benefited Russian interests.

WikiLeaks played a pivotal role in the presidential campaign. In July 2016, on the first day of the Democratic National Convention, WikiLeaks released emails stolen from the Democratic National Committee's servers that spring. The emails showed DNC officials denigrating Bernie Sanders, renewing tensions on the eve of Clinton’s acceptance of the nomination. On October 7, less than an hour after the Washington Post released the Access Hollywood tape, in which Trump bragged about sexually assaulting women, Wikileaks released emails that hackers had pilfered from the personal email account of Clinton’s campaign manager John Podesta.

On October 3, 2016, WikiLeaks wrote again. “Hiya, it’d be great if you guys could comment on/push this story,” WikiLeaks suggested, attaching a quote from then-Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton about wanting to “just drone” WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange.

“Already did that earlier today,” Trump Jr. responded an hour-and-a-half later. “It’s amazing what she can get away with.”

Two minutes later, Trump Jr. wrote again, asking, “What’s behind this Wednesday leak I keep reading about?” The day before, Roger Stone, an informal advisor to Donald Trump, had tweeted, “Wednesday@HillaryClinton is done. #WikiLeaks.”

WikiLeaks didn’t respond to that message, but on October 12, 2016, the account again messaged Trump Jr. “Hey Donald, great to see you and your dad talking about our publications,” WikiLeaks wrote. (At a rally on October 10, Donald Trump had proclaimed, “I love WikiLeaks!”)

“Strongly suggest your dad tweets this link if he mentions us,” WikiLeaks went on, pointing Trump Jr. to the link wlsearch.tk, which it said would help Trump’s followers dig through the trove of stolen documents and find stories. “There’s many great stories the press are missing and we’re sure some of your follows [sic] will find it,” WikiLeaks went on. “Btw we just released Podesta Emails Part 4.”

Trump Jr. did not respond to this message. But just 15 minutes after it was sent, as The Wall Street Journal’s Byron Tau pointed out, Donald Trump himself tweeted, “Very little pick-up by the dishonest media of incredible information provided by WikiLeaks. So dishonest! Rigged system!”

Two days later, on October 14, 2016, Trump Jr. tweeted out the link WikiLeaks had provided him. “For those who have the time to read about all the corruption and hypocrisy all the @wikileaks emails are right here: http://wlsearch.tk/,” he wrote.

After this point, Trump Jr. ceased to respond to WikiLeaks’s direct messages, but WikiLeaks escalated its requests.

“Hey Don. We have an unusual idea,” WikiLeaks wrote on October 21, 2016. “Leak us one or more of your father’s tax returns.” WikiLeaks then laid out three reasons why this would benefit both the Trumps and WikiLeaks. One, The New York Times had already published a fragment of Trump’s tax returns on October 1; two, the rest could come out any time “through the most biased source (e.g. NYT/MSNBC).”

It is the third reason, though, WikiLeaks wrote, that “is the real kicker.” “If we publish them it will dramatically improve the perception of our impartiality,” WikiLeaks explained. “That means that the vast amount of stuff that we are publishing on Clinton will have much higher impact, because it won’t be perceived as coming from a ‘pro-Trump’ ‘pro-Russia’ source.” It then provided an email address and link where the Trump campaign could send the tax returns, and adds, “The same for any other negative stuff (documents, recordings) that you think has a decent chance of coming out. Let us put it out.”

Trump Jr. did not respond to this message.

WikiLeaks didn’t write again until Election Day, November 8, 2016. “Hi Don if your father ‘loses’ we think it is much more interesting if he DOES NOT conceed [sic] and spends time CHALLENGING the media and other types of rigging that occurred—as he has implied that he might do,” WikiLeaks wrote at 6:35pm, when the idea that Clinton would win was still the prevailing conventional wisdom. (As late as 7:00pm that night, FiveThirtyEight, a trusted prognosticator of the election, gave Clinton a 71 percent chance of winning the presidency.) WikiLeaks insisted that contesting the election results would be good for Trump’s rumored plans to start a media network should he lose the presidency. “The discussion can be transformative as it exposes media corruption, primary corruption, PAC corruption, etc.,” WikiLeaks wrote.

Shortly after midnight that day, when it was clear that Trump had beaten all expectations and won the presidency, WikiLeaks sent him a simple message: “Wow.”

Trump Jr. did not respond to these messages either, but WikiLeaks was undeterred. “Hi Don. Hope you’re doing well!” WikiLeaks wrote on December 16 to Trump Jr., who was by then the son of the president-elect. “In relation to Mr. Assange: Obama/Clinton placed pressure on Sweden, UK and Australia (his home country) to illicitly go after Mr. Assange. It would be real easy and helpful for your dad to suggest that Australia appoint Assange ambassador to [Washington,] DC.”

WikiLeaks even imagined how Trump might put it: “‘That’s a real smart tough guy and the most famous australian [sic] you have!’ or something similar,” WikiLeaks wrote. “They won’t do it but it will send the right signals to Australia, UK + Sweden to start following the law and stop bending it to ingratiate themselves with the Clintons.” (On December 7, Assange, proclaiming his innocence, had released his testimony in front of London investigators looking into accusations that he had committed alleged sexual assault.)

In the winter and spring, WikiLeaks went largely silent, only occasionally sending Trump Jr. links. But on July 11, 2017, three days after The New York Times broke the story about Trump Jr.’s June 2016 meeting with Natalia Veselnitskaya, a Russian lawyer with connections to Russia’s powerful prosecutor general, WikiLeaks got in touch again.

“Hi Don. Sorry to hear about your problems,” WikiLeaks wrote. “We have an idea that may help a little. We are VERY interested in confidentially obtaining and publishing a copy of the email(s) cited in the New York Times today,” citing a reference in the paper to emails Trump Jr had exchanged with Rob Goldstone, a publicist who had helped set up the meeting. “We think this is strongly in your interest,” WikiLeaks went on. It then reprised many of the same arguments it made in trying to convince Trump Jr. to turn over his father’s tax returns, including the argument that Trump’s enemies in the press were using the emails to spin an unfavorable narrative of the meeting. “Us publishing not only deprives them of this ability but is beautifully confounding.”

The message was sent at 9:29 am on July 11. Trump Jr. did not respond, but just hours later, he posted the emails himself, on his own Twitter feed.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ks/545738/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:21 am

Ecuador's president says Assange breached terms of London embassy asylum

QUITO (Reuters) - President Lenin Moreno of Ecuador told radio stations on Tuesday that WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has “repeatedly violated” the terms of his asylum in the Andean nation’s London embassy, where he has lived for nearly seven years.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is seen on the balcony of the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, Britain, May 19, 2017. REUTERS/Peter Nicholls
Moreno, interviewed by the Ecuadorean Radio Broadcasters’ Association, said Assange does not have the right to “hack private accounts or phones” and cannot intervene in the politics of other countries, especially those that have friendly relations with Ecuador.

Attorneys for Assange did not respond to requests for comment.

Moreno made the comments on Assange after private photographs of him and his family at a time years ago when they were living in Europe circulated on social media. Although Moreno stopped short of explicitly blaming Assange for the leak, the government said it believed the photos were shared by WikiLeaks.

“Mr. Assange has violated the agreement we reached with him and his legal counsel too many times,” Moreno said in the interview in the city of Guayaquil. “It is not that he cannot speak and express himself freely, but he cannot lie, nor much less hack private accounts or phones.”

Moreno did not say whether or not the government would take steps to remove Assange from the embassy.

WikiLeaks said in an emailed statement that Moreno’s remarks were in retribution for WikiLeaks having reported on corruption accusations against Moreno, who denies wrongdoing.

“If President Moreno wants to illegally terminate a refugee publisher’s asylum to cover up an offshore corruption scandal, history will not be kind,” WikiLeaks said.

Assange took refuge in Ecuador’s London embassy in 2012 to avoid being extradited to Sweden, where authorities wanted to question him as part of a sexual assault investigation.

That probe was later dropped, but Assange fears he could be extradited to face charges in the United States, where federal prosecutors are investigating WikiLeaks.

Brexit deadlock: MPs can't agree on a way out
Ecuador last year established new rules for Assange’s behaviour while in the embassy, which required him to pay his medical bills and clean up after his pet cat. He challenged the rules in local and international tribunals, arguing they violated his human rights. Both courts ruled against him.

Last month, the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, which is linked to the Organization of American States, rejected Assange’s request that Ecuador ease the conditions it has imposed on his residence in the London embassy.

Assange says Ecuador is seeking to end his asylum and is putting pressure on him by isolating him from visitors and spying on him. Ecuador has said its treatment of Assange was in line with international law, but that his situation “cannot be extended indefinitely.”

Reporting by Alexandra Valencia, Brian Ellsworth and Luc Cohen; Additional reporting by Mark Hosenball in Washington; editing by Grant McCool
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ecuad ... KKCN1RE1V7
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby RocketMan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:31 am

I suppose the Russiagate brief also includes the constant smearing of Assange. You must also be thrilled to bits that Chelsea Manning is back in solitary.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:08 am

just because I post news about what is happening with Assange I get this bullshit from RocketMan

I started this thread on Assange Fri Aug 27, 2010

9 years ago

and I will continue to post in it no matter what crap you make up about me....your constant smearing of me

RocketMan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:31 am wrote:I suppose the Russiagate brief also includes the constant smearing of Assange. You must also be thrilled to bits that Chelsea Manning is back in solitary.

that's a really stupid remark....you haven't said a word about Reality Winner but I do not accuse you of crap ...but I know that's your MO make up shit and run your mouth..I am used to it I know exactly what you are doing ..it is very obvious...make up shit..if your stupid made up photo excuse gets shot down (making up shit about how you hate so many pics I post when in fact you loved all the pics in another thread...hypocrite!) you move on to something else...but you are thrilled to bits to keep making shit up about me so go right ahead have your fun..you should check the Manning thread before you post any more bullshit about I feel about her. You have no reason to make that hateful made up remark or any other hateful made up remark that you have puked out of your hateful mouth...haters gonna hate

I on the other hand have NEVER said a hateful word about Chelsea Manning.....looking foward to your next false hit piece on me...maybe that I hate kittens or babies?
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion