Assange Amazing Adventures of Captain Neo in Blonde Land.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Assange Amazing Adventures of Captain Neo in Blonde Land

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:00 pm

@ Belligerent Savant

trump is not crude....he is a sexual predator..... racist ....and big time criminal

I used to cut and paste MinstrelBoy's blog posts all the time at DU....he never complained as a matter of fact he invited me to RI before it went up

and robertpaulsen seemslikeadream and MinstrelBoy had been very good friends for a very long time we always looked out for each other

Minstrel Boy Sat Nov-13-04 08:34 PM
Original message
Suggested new group: Parapolitics
https://upload.democraticunderground.co ... 04x2688493

Minstrel Boy Thu Apr-21-05 07:00 PM
Original message
Meet Maurice Strong
https://upload.democraticunderground.co ... 04x3522537

Minstrel Boy Wed Jan-19-05 02:28 PM
Original message
New Iraq rape torture photos (warning: disturbing and graphic)
https://www.democraticunderground.net/d ... 04x2973317

https://www.democraticunderground.com/d ... 04x3501301
https://www.democraticunderground.com/d ... 04x5694830

https://www.democraticunderground.com/d ... 102x839623

https://upload.democraticunderground.co ... 02x1043672
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:29 pm

sexual predator... racist....and big time criminal

Quite a few presidents share those traits.

As a tiny sample, Bubba has joined our boy Trump at Epstein's Island, among many other exploits that can be listed.

(Let's get back to the roasting of Assange, however -- pardons for the interlude).
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:31 pm

ok but first

Predatortrump-Russia is the most complex political scandal in American history so it is gonna take up some space....I believe it is very very easy to ignore my posts if you're not interested or you could post something interesting and I would read it

Randy Credico, the Stone Assange go-between leaving Ecuador embassy Oct.5 2016

2 days before Wikileaks began releasing Podesta emails.

Randy Credico‏
@Credico2016
Follow Follow @Credico2016
More
leaving Ecuador Embassy London past scarey brit agent @errollouis @KarenHinton @fud31 @LionelMedia @therealroseanne @guardian @GannettAlbany

4:04 PM - 5 Oct 2016
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Jerky » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:47 pm

Credido looks a lot more "scary" to me than that Brit dude does in this pic.

J
Jerky

Postby Jerky » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:51 pm

Oh, and didja see Assange was hauling water for James O'Keefe's Mercer (and Trump!) funded "Veritas" fraud-based Far Right propaganda organization, which constantly attempts to set up liberal targets for blatantly bullshit hit piece pseudo-journalistic "stings", like their phony Roy Moore accuser who (luckily) got caught out by suspicious Washington Post reporters?

But hey, as long as he hates Hillary Clinton with the same sort of white hot blinding idiot rage as (the hypothetical) YOU do, he's a good guy, right?

Fuck, this world is fucked.

Jerky

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:07 pm

thanks!

yes everyone takes money from the guy that owes 7 billion dollars in taxes to the U.S. government

Bannon-linked Republican megadonors gave $25,000 to James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas: report
Noor Al-Sibai NOOR AL-SIBAI
30 NOV 2017 AT 18:36 ET

Far-right Republican mega-donors Robert and Rebekah Mercer

New financial disclosures show that the Mercer family, who have funded Breitbart and are close with former White House aide Steve Bannon, gave James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas a large donation in 2012.

According to formerly unpublished tax forms acquired by BuzzFeed News, Robert and Rebekah Mercer’s “investment vehicle,” Gravitas Maximus LLC, gave Project Veritas $25,000 in 2012.

“The filings draw yet another connection in the web of conservative enterprises funded by Robert Mercer, who recently stepped down from his role as co-CEO of hedge fund Renaissance Technologies after a BuzzFeed News exposé revealed the connections among the Mercers, Breitbart, and white nationalists and neo-Nazis,” the report notes.

Project Veritas gained even more notoriety earlier this week after a woman associated with the group credited for their “creatively-edited” videos infiltrating liberal groups tried to peddle a fake story to the The Washington Post accusing Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore of impregnating her as a teen.
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/bannon ... as-report/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Elvis » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:49 am

Jerky » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:48 pm wrote:
Elvis » 30 Nov 2017 03:00 wrote:
Jerky wrote:Julian Assange deserves every bad thing that is about to happen to him... and worse. Far, far worse.

Unbelievable. Just nuts. :starz:

I feel the same way about the fact that there are people who still trust that bleach-headed piece of crap.

Unless you're one of those who thinks the very idea of America belongs on the trash heap of history, and you're eager to get to a world led by Chinese style technocratic totalitarian command capitalism surrounded by various conglomo-states based on ethnic identity and shored up by little more than isolationist ideology and WMD stocks, you should be too.

J

I never said I trust Assange, but I will say, I don't trust you. Your hyperbolic opinion pieces play loose with facts when you're "in a hurry" or whenever it fits your consistent status-quo agenda. You're a salesman. In your forum attacks you constantly draw false equivalencies and employ other cheap tricks to smear your targets (e.g. just read the last couple of pages). It's tiresome.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Jerky » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:35 am

Hey, it's not your fault that you're not getting it. You can only get out of what I post here that which you are capable of getting from what I post here. It's not like the power of my arguments are capable of making stupid people smart, after all!

Sincerely,
yer old pal Jerky
Jerky

Postby RocketMan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:05 am

Another depressing mud-wrestling match.

This place needs to be classed up.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby 0_0 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:21 am

I think a problem is some people seem to feel the need to project an antagonizing and controversial persona when replying on a discussion board. I've noticed this with myself anyway. And later on looking back i can't even tell why i felt the need most of the times. It's almost never constructive to clearing things up and you find yourself agressively arguing positions you're not even sure about. :yay
playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 am

Jerky » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:35 am wrote:Hey, it's not your fault that you're not getting it. You can only get out of what I post here that which you are capable of getting from what I post here. It's not like the power of my arguments are capable of making stupid people smart, after all!

Sincerely,
yer old pal Jerky

Take a week to decide whether you're here for the "discussion" or just promoting your blog.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Elvis » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:02 pm

RocketMan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:05 am wrote:Another depressing mud-wrestling match.

This place needs to be classed up.

Sorry, really. I dislike it myself and I don't get a good feeling from doing it. But I thought what I said should be said.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:25 pm

Belligerent Savant » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:03 pm wrote:.

(Disclaimer: any original content 'penned' by members -- such as yourself, stillrobertpaulsen -- are always a welcome contribution, in my view; I agree that one of the great draws of this board is content/material/musings authored by its members, and the responses/interplay that result from such musings. What's become increasingly pervasive, however -- and here I will be repeating the tired 'ol refrain -- is the reams of pasted material extracted largely from mainstream sources that essentially parrot mainstream views/interpretations of events; events largely implemented as distractions/noise-generators to obfuscate underlying agendas. There's far less analysis of the sleight of hand tricks at play; indeed, these obfuscations are presented here seemingly "as is", with nary a wink or allusion to the parlor tricks at play...)

Great disclaimer; some very pertinent points there. My favorite posts here tend to be original content buttressed with sourced documentation. I usually try to make posts like that, but often times I am guilty of pasting material and posting as is. Generally I'll do so in a thread where I happen to think the material speaks for itself as far as relevance goes. If anyone were to point out some obfuscation or sleight of hand that I neglected in the material, I would certainly try to reply to that post, either to agree or disagree.

Belligerent Savant » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:03 pm wrote:stillrobertpaulsen wrote:
for the record, when a particular personality wields an enormous amount of political power and commits acts that abuse that power, fuckin' A, I'm gonna focus on it!

I'd say that applies to just about every President we've had, no?

Without exception. :thumbsup

Belligerent Savant » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:03 pm wrote:stillrobertpaulsen wrote:
RI no different than mainstream? BS, name one RI poster who has actually stated this position.

How different is Trump, truly, than his predecessors, other than his propensity to provoke/instigate/troll the populace?

Here's how he's different: Trump is no politician. There's no nuance in his presentation. He's crude.
This is precisely the reason why many voted for him, and also precisely the reason many abhor him.

Agreed, although there's one difference he shares with Reagan: mental illness. We barely avoided nuclear conflagration with Able Archer. The current situation with North Korea might be slightly less inflammatory by comparison, but when someone genuinely unstable has the nuclear football, it's not that comforting to know. I realize, of course, that "crazy Trump" has now become an MSM meme, which makes me fear a pretext is being set up for the Cabinet to use the 25th amendment. I would prefer this play itself out the way Nixon was removed; having a bunch of Generals coordinate removal would be an unprecedented move reeking of coup d'etat IMO. Doesn't mean Trump isn't unbalanced, just that I'm uncomfortable with this uncharted territory.

Belligerent Savant » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:03 pm wrote:Apparently there's a segment of the population willing to swallow (or look the other way during) acts against humanity so long as the mouthpiece representing such acts conducts him/herself with professionalism and nuance. In effect, "acting presidential". Trump doesn't afford such a luxury.

Those that abhor Trump have allowed themselves to be consumed by the rabble; they've become ravenous in their desire to have him removed.
What happens if that dream comes true? Who will fill the vacuum? What net/substantive difference will there be to status quo, other than cosmetic?

There certainly is a segment of the population exactly as you describe. I just don't think that description fits anyone here on RI; even the most virulent Trump-hater here would not swallow or look the other way when Obama and Bush conducted their Middle East Misadventures, to use one example.

Belligerent Savant » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:03 pm wrote:Futile discussion, in any event. To paraphrase one of the 2 most prolific members of this board, one can post whatever they want here (*so long as they adhere to forum rules, of course).
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law, even if it parrots sentiment already absorbed in droves outside of this forum.

Funny thing regarding one of the most prolific posters: I don't believe I've ever given American Dream shit for his lengthy copypasta. It's when he decided to comment on it on a couple of occasions that I wrote words to the effect of "Hey bud, I think that's a bunch of bullshit." I've kind of learned to agree to disagree with him over the years just to reduce the animosity.

Now as to the other prolific poster, well, if you reply more as a Belligerent and less of a Savant, I'm sure she'll respond in kind! :wink
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:38 pm

Well done, sir; we're in general agreement --- though it'd be ok if we weren't, of course. Spirit of discourse and all that.

(Another minor caveat, as clarification: "copypasta", when applied in moderation as a means to support or complement a discussion, is fair game -- I've done it myself many times. As with most things, however, there's a tolerance threshold at play)
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:15 am

WikiLeaks: Why is the Freedom of the Press Foundation cutting ties with Julian Assange?

Julian Assange clashes with FPF directors following news aid will cease.

By Jason MurdockDecember 21, 2017 14:19 GMT

Since 2012, the Freedom of the Press Foundation (FPF) has helped to process financial donations for the Julian Assange-led whistleblowing platform WikiLeaks. But the relationship has now come to an end, the organisation confirmed Wednesday (20 December).

The team-up started after a financial blockade on WikiLeaks was enforced by Visa, MasterCard and PayPal, which halted money flowing to the website and instead forcing it to turn towards cryptocurrency as a primary method of funding.

In a blog post, the FPF said this week: "Last month, FPF's board unanimously concluded [...] that the financial blockade by Visa, MasterCard, and PayPal is now over and likely has been for some time.

"WikiLeaks now accepts online donations through the German non-profit Wau Holland, which was how they accepted donations before FPF was founded. Because the blockade has been lifted, FPF will cease taking donations for WikiLeaks in mid-January 2018.

"We consider the end of the unjust financial blockade an important victory for free expression. We are proud to have been an avenue for WikiLeaks readers to express themselves for the past several years. And if a press organisation faces such a blockade again, we plan on being there to fight it."

Its warning came against the background of the director of the CIA, Mike Pompeo, describing WikiLeaks as a "hostile, non-state, intelligence agency" and US attorney general Jeff Sessions calling for Assange's arrest.

The blog post concluded: "Whether one likes WikiLeaks or not, the grand jury investigation into [its] publications is a grave threat to the press freedom of all media institutions. We plan on continuing to loudly protest any such actions by the Trump administration if they move forward."

But Assange - who says he helped conceive the FPF amid "political and legal pressure" from government and law enforcement - was not impressed his organisation was being cut off.

Julian Assange
Assange is still living in the Ecuadorean embassy in London Jack Taylor/Getty Images
"The FPF faces criticism for receiving donations on our behalf, but that is its function," he responded. "If it bows to political pressure it becomes part of the problem it was designed to solve and yet another spurious free speech organisation - of which there are plenty."

Micah Lee, a journalist and director at the FPF, has been fielding much of the backlash from outspoken WikiLeaks supporters.

Many have pointed to a February tweet he wrote: "You can appreciate Wikileaks publishing leaked docs while not defending Julian as a rapist, liar, & ally to fascists."

WikiLeaks Task Force, a verified Twitter account with supposed links to the official whistleblowing website, called for his resignation. It remains unclear who is behind that profile, however.

In a short series of updates on Wednesday, Lee said: "We'll continue to fight for the First Amendment rights of WikiLeaks, and all other media institutions when they're threatened."

But an unimpressed and still angry Assange tweeted:

Julian Assange
@JulianAssange
Picture of @FreedomofPress board meeting. See https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/statu ... 9290183680
6:29 PM - Dec 20, 2017

WikiLeaks disclosed tens of thousands of emails during the 2016 US presidential election that the US government believes were provided by Russian intelligence-linked hackers.

Assange denied his source was a "state actor" but declined to elaborate further.

The website later started publishing "Vault 7", a collection of documents allegedly pilfered from the CIA. Again, the source remained a mystery.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/wikileaks-why- ... ge-1652461
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion