Assange Amazing Adventures of Captain Neo in Blonde Land.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Assange Amazing Adventures of Captain Neo in Blonde Land

Postby Morty » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:35 pm

Jerky, just like The Atlantic, The Intercept, and Barrett Brown, you've skidded past all of Hillary Clinton's crimes and shortcomings and chosen to focus, with razor sharp precision, on her "mistreatment", or on somebody else's shortcomings - anything, ANYTHING, so long as it's not Hillary's deficiencies.

The way things are going, Trump's got just enough time to get enough shitty GOP legislation through for the American people to feel enough pain so that they'll limit him to one term, then voting in a shitty, centrist Democrat, who'll claw back some of what was lost under Trump.

It didn't have to be this way. Assange's 'vendetta' against Clinton could just as easily have delivered Bernie as the Dem candidate - if Clinton possessed sufficient honour to bow out of the race, or if the corrupt DNC primary process weren't corrupt, or if the media chose to tell the truth instead of mollycoddling Clinton throughout, or if US institutions chose to enforce the law rather than suspend it in the special case of Hillary Clinton really, really, really wanting to be the first ever female US president.

The US political system needs a do-over. The good news is there are many people motivated to make change. The bad news is, these motivated people think Trump is the problem, not the political system itself. And once they've got Trump's head on a pike, they'll pat the moistness off their forehead, slap each other on the back and heave sigh of relief, and when they wake up the next day the US political system will still be as broken as it ever was.
Morty

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Jerky » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:00 am wrote:You mean he was JOKING about wanting an ambassadorship, and now people aren't getting the joke?

You mean like the way Wikileaks had a shell entity (which they pushed heavy via their social media) purposefully and in bad faith give the absolute worst possible, most literal read of EVERY SINGLE EMAIL from their ill-gotten trove of John Podesta's personal emails? And to blatantly lie about what those emails actually say?

Boo-fucking-hoo. My heart pumps piss for that Village of the Damned piece of shit.

Just check out: http://www.mostdamagingwikileaks.com/

At #6 of the "most damaging wikileaks", Hillary's campaign wants "unaware" and "compliant" citizens. They write: "The Clinton campaign is literally conspiring to keep the population unaware of what is going on, and they admitted it in this email. Very scary ‘1984’ level thinking (group-think). If Hillary is the right choice for president and the truth is on her side, they should encourage their supporters to be aware and do research on both candidates."

Read the email in question, at https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3599, and tell me if you think their take on what that email says is accurate... of if Wikileaks has taken someone's mournful, disturbed words about the state of contemporary polity and spun it into the notion that the person writing those words is one of the masterminds of said polity. It'd be laughable if it wasn't so ultimately consequential.

Then, at #7, they say "Top Hillary aides mock Catholics for their faith". They claim that "Top Clinton aides, John Halpin and Jennifer Palmieri" (both of whom are practicing Catholics, btw) "mock Catholics for their faith. They complain about the large number of Catholics in prominent positions. ... Palmieri when confronted about this revelation didn’t apologize." They agreed with a number of conservative commentators who called for Palmieri to quit or be fired.

The email in question can be read at https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/4364. Read it, and you'll see that it's obvious what Palmieri was talking about. Also, most of the old school R.I. participants will know what he was talking about... the particular, conservative, "Opus Dei" brand of angry white country club Catholicism best exemplified by the likes of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia and Rupert fucking Murdoch. Nothing Palmieri said was untrue, and only an anti-intellectual snowflake idiot would think it controversial. That Wikileaks counts it as the seventh most controversial "revelation" from their Podesta document dump tells you all you need to know about that absolutely morally bankrupt, over-and-done-with New Fascist International propaganda outlet.

I am reminded of Assange's reaction to the Catalan independence referendum in Spain. At the time, he declared haughtily from his cupboard in the Ecuadorian embassy that "the future of Western civilization is revealed" in these movements of breakaway from centralized power structures.

Of course, he doesn't feel quite the same about Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, or any other Soviet satellite state, all of which need to bow down to Putin and accept that Putin's gonna carve off chunks of their territory at will, just because.

Of course the fact that Russia provides backdoor support to Catalan's independence movement (just as they do to the far right and far left and whatever other destabilizing actors there are in whatever state Russia feels like fucking with at the time) probably has nothing to do with the huge presence of Russian organized crime in Spain, right?

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-puti ... in-2014-12

I mean, that would be like accusing Assange of being in Putin's hip pocket or something! Totally not true. Total conspiracy theory. Totally not so obvious that a deaf, dumb and blind person could see it.

"Wikileaks... NEVER BEEN WRONG, BRO!!! NO EVIDENCE OF RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE, BRO!!! MADDOW IS A MAD COW, BRO!!!"

Julian Assange deserves every bad thing that is about to happen to him... and worse. Far, far worse.

Jerky

:thumbsup

GRAYZONE PROJECT
House Intel Committee to Subpoena Leftist Comedian and Civil Rights Activist Randy Credico in Russia Investigation

The renowned activist says he is under suspicion for his contacts with Wikileaks founder Julian Assange
By Max Blumenthal / AlterNet November 27, 2017, 7:32 AM GMT

Randy Credico

The House Intelligence Committee’s Russia investigation has taken an unexpected turn, with investigators homing in on a New York City-based comedian, radio host and renowned civil rights activist named Randy Credico.

Credico received a letter this month from the Committee ranking Democrat, Rep. Adam Schiff, and Rep. Michael Conaway, the Republican leading the investigation. The lawmakers requested that Credico “participate in a voluntary, transcribed interview at the Committee’s offices” during the first half of December.

Credico informed the House committee through his legal counsel that he would not submit to the voluntary interview. Soon after, his lawyer told him that the committee planned to issue a subpoena.

Credico is among the unlikeliest characters to have surfaced as a player in the ongoing Russiagate drama. For over two decades, he split time as a comedy professional while waging a tireless crusade against the war on drugs. The former host of a radio show on the Pacifica affiliate WBAI, Credico came into the company of high profile dissidents. Today his friends include the transparency activist targeted for arrest and prosecution by the US government: Julian Assange.

The Wikileaks founder was recently accused by CIA Director Mike Pompeo of overseeing a “a non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia.” Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton has suggested without evidence that Wikileaks collaborated with the Russian government to subvert the 2016 presidential election in Donald Trump’s favor.

This year, the Trump administration expanded the federal grand jury seeking the arrest of Assange to cover the Wikileaks release of thousands of documents on CIA hacking tools. There is no claim so far that grand jury covered the release by Wikileaks of the Democratic National Commitee's emails in 2016, however. A United Nations working group ruled that Assange was being arbitrarily detained. It has been seven years since he lost his freedom, and has been confined to a series of small rooms ever since.

According to Credico, he and Assange held “three meetings that were two to three hours each” at the Ecuadoran embassy in London where the online activist has received diplomatic asylum. They took place on September 6, and the 13th and 16th of November of this year. Credico said he traveled to London this November to attend the hearing of Stefania Maurizi, a correspondent from Italy's La Repubblica who had filed a Freedom of Information request demanding the press's right to access documents regarding his case. (He showed me a photograph of himself with Maurizi in London to prove his point).

“I was just there to support [Assange] as a wing man,” Credico commented to me. “I don’t agree with him on everything — it’s the fact that he’s a journalist and a publisher and has not put anything out that’s false. I don’t know anything about technology and he didn’t give me any secrets.”

The letter Credico received from the House Intelligence Committee did not specify what it suspected him of doing, stating only that his interview could cover anything within the parameters of “Russian cyber-activities against the 2016 US election, potential links between Russia and individuals associated with political campaigns, the US government’s response to these Russian active measures, and related leaks of classified information.”

However, Credico is convinced that he is being used to undermine Assange. “This is about chilling Wikileaks and that starts with intimidating anyone who has met with Julian [Assange],” he stated.

Satirist and civil rights crusader

Credico first appeared in the national spotlight in 1984 when he trashed Reagan’s Central American proxy wars during a comedy set on the Tonight Show. A look of severe discomfort could be seen on Johnny Carson's face when Credico likened Reagan’s neoconservative UN ambassador Jeanne Kirkpatrick to Eva Braun. Though he was never invited back on the show, the comic’s uncanny impersonations and incendiary political satire won him the admiration of peers like Larry David, Barry Crimmins and Jack Black.

During the 1990s, Credico became outraged about the disproportionate toll the war on drugs was taking on the poor and people of color. He launched a furious crusade against New York State’s draconian Rockefeller Laws, howling outside courthouses across the city about the evils of mass incarceration, cops he branded “slave catchers” and proceedings he denounced as “modern-day slave auctions.” When he wasn’t screaming in the streets, he was behind prison walls, befriending inmates and working the phones to get reporters interested in their cases.

The New Yorker’s Jennifer Gonnerman estimated that Credico had “generated more than a hundred news stories, largely by inviting reporters to his events and introducing them to the families of inmates.” Crediting him for helping force the New York legislature to rewrite the Rockefeller drug laws in 2004, Gonnerman branded Credico, “The Man Who Screamed So Loud the Drug Laws Changed.”

Credico’s efforts to expose the drug war's injustices culminated in Tulia, Texas, where a corrupt undercover narcotics officer had railroaded some 10 percent of the town’s African American population into lengthy jail sentences for drug crimes they did not commit. Credico’s agitation resulted in a wave of national media attention and in 2003, the full acquittal of the 38 prisoners with sentences up to 90 years. His efforts were honored by the NAACP and became the subject of several documentaries, including "60 Spins Around the Sun," an award winning biographical chronicle financed by Jack Black.

In 2009, Credico quit his job as the director of the William Moses Kunstler Fund for Racial Justice and launched a long-shot senate campaign against Chuck Schumer, slamming the omnipotent Democratic senator for his role in mandatory minimum sentencing and pro-death penalty legislation. “You have to take a look at his record,” Credico said of Schumer at the time. “And that’s a really racist position as far as I am concerned. Yes, it is about race.”

In the end, Credico won one percent of the vote. But he soldiered on, running for mayor in 2013, then the governor’s office a year later. All along, he was dogged by drug and alcohol addiction, which he has been public about. His penchant for drunken late-night tirades began to alienate his allies and even led him to contemplate suicide. An intervention in 2014 by his friend, the British comedian Crimmins, pulled Credico back from from the brink and helped him kick his self-destructive habits.

Meetings with Assange, conspiratorial rumors

Credico’s sobriety coincided with intensive advocacy for the community of national security whistleblowers that emerged after 9/11 to expose secret government torture, assassination and mass surveillance programs. In August 2015, he hosted Wikileaks founder Julian Assange for an interview on “Live on the Fly, his former show at the Pacifica radio affiliate, WBAI. Several interviews followed over the coming months, including a series, “Assange: Countdown to Freedom,” that featured high-profile whistleblowers like Thomas Drake and Jesslyn Raddack advocating for Assange’s release.

“I had to build an audience at a moribund station and I got 65 percent of the traffic,” Credico remarked. “I had a popular international show because it was tweeted out by Wikileaks and Anonymous Scandinavia and I got a huge international following.”

The relationship with Assange eventually developed into a series of meetings at the Ecuadoran embassy in London. These encounters fueled online rumors accusing Credico of serving as a courier between the notoriously Machiavellian former Trump campaign advisor, Roger Stone, and Assange.

This September, Stone testified before the House Intelligence Committee, which sought to scrutinize his claim to have communicated with the hacker known as Guccifer 2.0, his contacts with Wikileaks, and a tweet that seemed to suggest he had advance knowledge of the release of the emails of Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta. Before the committee, Stone angrily denied having colluded with the Russian government and claimed that all of his contacts with Assange were conducted through “an intermediary.”

For his part, Credico freely acknowledged that Stone had been a guest on his WBAI show and the two had cooperated on a few oddball political initiatives over the years. But he contended that “Roger Stone is just a whipping post for the committee but the one they’re after is Assange because they want to quiet him.”

“They’re looking for a way to do in Assange,” Credico emphasized, “and I’m the only American in the press that has visited him outside of a reporter from the New Yorker, and he’s not going to talk to anyone else.”

Credico also insisted that despite his well-known dislike for Hillary Clinton, he would not have lifted a finger to help the Trump campaign: “I hate Trump. He’s got ethnic cleansing going on with the deportation of Haitians and Latin Americans and [Attorney General Jeff] Sessions is the worst nightmare I’ve ever seen.”

Asked if he would comply with the House Intelligence Committee, Credico sounded a defiant tone. “I’m a journalist with a radio show and there’s nothing [the committee] can elicit out of me because I’m covered by the First Amendment. And everything I’ve talked to Assange about has been on the show, and everything else is in my fucking notes. Would any journalist give them their notes?”

With his “interview” just days away, Credico exuded confidence. “I’ve worked strip joints in Florida filled with Marines that wanted to kill me for attacking their war in Grenada,” the former comedian remarked. “Congress is no problem. I’ve worked much tougher rooms than that.”
https://www.alternet.org/grayzone-proje ... estigation

Ecuador again tells Assange to not meddle in other countries

FILE - In this May 19, 2017 file photo, Julian Assange greets supporters outside the Ecuadorian embassy in London. Ecuador’s government released a statement Wednesday, Nov. 22, once again calling on Assange to not intervene in the affairs of other countries following Spanish complaints about his contacts with Catalan secessionists, though it said the Wikileaks founder would continue enjoying political asylum in its London embassy. (Frank Augstein, File/Associated Press)
By Associated Press November 22
QUITO, Ecuador — Ecuador on Wednesday again urged Julian Assange to not interfere in the affairs of other countries after Spain complained about his contacts with Catalan secessionists, though the government said the Wikileaks founder would continue enjoying political asylum in its London embassy.

President Lenin Moreno is scheduled to visit Spain in December, and his government released a statement saying Assange’s comments do not reflect its own views.

Assange has an “obligation to not make declarations or carry out activities that could affect Ecuador’s international relations, which should be preserved, as in the case of Spain, a country it is united with by historical and cultural ties, as well as links of mutual respect, friendship between its peoples and bilateral cooperation,” the statement said.

Ecuador’s message came two weeks after Spain objected to Assange’s contacts with secessionist Catalan leaders from the Ecuadorean Embassy in London, where he has been holed up since 2012. The Wikileaks founder has also been active on the internet about Catalan’s secession from Spain.

Assange has commented frequently on international issues, at times causing problems for Ecuador and leading his host to ask him to stop it.

The biggest crisis came in October 2016 when the embassy cut his internet service after WikiLeaks published a trove of damaging emails from then U.S. presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s campaign. Ecuador’s leftist government said the move violated its traditional respect for other nations’ sovereignty.

Earlier this year, Assange won his battle against extradition to Sweden, which wanted to question him about a rape allegation. He took refuge in the Ecuadorean Embassy in London to avoid arrest but has remained there despite Sweden’s decision to drop the inquiry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/th ... 45b14c9171
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Jerky » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:23 pm

Thanks, Sounder! And right back atcha, keyboard commando!

YOPJ

Sounder » 27 Nov 2017 12:13 wrote:
Of course, he doesn't feel quite the same about Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, or any other Soviet satellite state, all of which need to bow down to Putin and accept that Putin's gonna carve off chunks of their territory at will, just because.

Of course the fact that Russia provides backdoor support to Catalan's independence movement (just as they do to the far right and far left and whatever other destabilizing actors there are in whatever state Russia feels like fucking with at the time) probably has nothing to do with the huge presence of Russian organized crime in Spain, right?

I know, like Russia is sponsoring that color revolution stuff everywhere.

Impressive 'facts' and substantiation Jerky. You are a real anti-imperialist warrior.
Jerky

Postby Jerky » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:54 pm

You're kidding about The Intercept, right? That's Greenwald's house. They are, like you seem to be, part of the "no difference between Dems and Republicans" cult that brings together the evil shits of the alt-right and the useful idiots of the alt-left.

Besides which, neither Hillary Clinton's "crimes" (many of which, like "Benghazi" and "HER EMAILS!!!" are ginned up bullshit, the rest of which are considered par for the course for men at her career level), her "shortcomings" (which in my opinions were outweighed by her experience, pragmatism, tenacity and intelligence), nor her "mistreatment" were the focus of what I wrote.

I wrote that Julian Assange and Wikileaks can no longer be seen as impartial, independent journalists presenting information without bias, in good faith. To label Assange/Wikileaks "transparency advocates" at this point, as the AlterNet article above so ludicrously does, is to ignore the last 18 months of revelations coming from former associates and employees, not to mention the ridiculous crap that Assange himself has been shitting up from his cupboard in the Ecuadoran embassy in the UK.

Because of his actions, the awful decisions and the rank hypocrisy of which he and his organization have now been exposed, Wikileaks work can no longer be taken at face value, ad the entirety of their project has been called into question. That's a tragedy, considering some of their early, important work.

As for your seeming faith that the cyclical nature of politics means that the alt-left accelerationist argument that Trump will turn out to be so shitty as to ensure his fate as a one-termer (even though, unlike most of the alt-left, you don't seem too optimistic about what your eventual, predicted clawback will lead to), I think it is dangerously naive to the teleological nature of the conservative movement's massive, long-running, long-term project to remake America (recently and parasitically piggybacked by the swiftly surging New Fascist International movement), which itself -- via blatantly partisan gerrymandering, massive electronic vote tampering, and the vast, organized, systematic democratic disenfranchisement of voters of color/newly arrived voters/university students, etc -- is far more responsible for Trump's handlers' being able to make the election results look 'close enough to steal' than any "deficiencies" on Hillary's part.

As for your suggestion that Clinton should have stepped aside for Bernie (who isn't even a member of the Democratic party for fuck's sake), I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're just ill-informed, not malicious.

YOPJ

Morty » 28 Nov 2017 18:35 wrote:Jerky, just like The Atlantic, The Intercept, and Barrett Brown, you've skidded past all of Hillary Clinton's crimes and shortcomings and chosen to focus, with razor sharp precision, on her "mistreatment", or on somebody else's shortcomings - anything, ANYTHING, so long as it's not Hillary's deficiencies.

The way things are going, Trump's got just enough time to get enough shitty GOP legislation through for the American people to feel enough pain so that they'll limit him to one term, then voting in a shitty, centrist Democrat, who'll claw back some of what was lost under Trump.

It didn't have to be this way. Assange's 'vendetta' against Clinton could just as easily have delivered Bernie as the Dem candidate - if Clinton possessed sufficient honour to bow out of the race, or if the corrupt DNC primary process weren't corrupt, or if the media chose to tell the truth instead of mollycoddling Clinton throughout, or if US institutions chose to enforce the law rather than suspend it in the special case of Hillary Clinton really, really, really wanting to be the first ever female US president.

The US political system needs a do-over. The good news is there are many people motivated to make change. The bad news is, these motivated people think Trump is the problem, not the political system itself. And once they've got Trump's head on a pike, they'll pat the moistness off their forehead, slap each other on the back and heave sigh of relief, and when they wake up the next day the US political system will still be as broken as it ever was.
Jerky

Postby 0_0 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:53 am

They are, like you seem to be, part of the "no difference between Dems and Republicans" cult that brings together the evil shits of the alt-right and the useful idiots of the alt-left.

Slightly offtopic but I think a lot of people are disgusted with both parties and calling them deplorables for that isn't helpful.
playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:49 am

Morty:

Quite right.
We're seeing that play out in full color right here in RI, no different than most other mainstream channels.
Belligerent Savant

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:52 pm

Belligerent Savant » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:49 am wrote:.
The US political system needs a do-over. The good news is there are many people motivated to make change. The bad news is, these motivated people think Trump is the problem, not the political system itself.

Quite right.
We're seeing that play out in full color right here in RI, no different than most other mainstream channels.

RI no different than mainstream? BS, name one RI poster who has actually stated this position. There's a difference between detailing Trump's criminal activity in the hope he will face justice, which I have certainly done, and proclaiming that his receiving such justice would fix our cronyistic plutocratic kakistocracy that is creeping toward fascism, which I believe precisely zero RI posters have done.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:26 pm

New York radio personality was Roger Stone's WikiLeaks contact

Roger Stone's WikiLeaks contact revealed
(CNN)President Trump's longtime associate Roger Stone was in contact with a New York radio personality who had conversations with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange during the 2016 campaign season, according to sources familiar with the situation.

The radio host, Randy Credico, is the individual Stone referred to as an intermediary between him and Assange. Stone initially declined to reveal his name to the House Intelligence Committee because he said they had an "off-the-record" conversation, though he insisted there was nothing untoward about their conversation. Stone later did privately disclose the identity of the individual to the panel.

In this July 23, 2013 file photo, Randy Credico, who was a candidate in the New York mayoral race, speaks during a forum on HIV/AIDS at the GMHC headquarters in New York. (AP Photo/John Minchillo, File)
In this July 23, 2013 file photo, Randy Credico, who was a candidate in the New York mayoral race, speaks during a forum on HIV/AIDS at the GMHC headquarters in New York. (AP Photo/John Minchillo, File)
Credico received a subpoena this week to appear Dec. 15 before the House Intelligence Committee, something Credico's attorney Martin Stolar says he "certainly" plans to comply with. Credico tweeted out a copy of the subpoena on Tuesday.
"He's had conversations with Julian Assange," Stolar said of Credico, noting that Assange and Stone both were guests on his radio program. Stolar said his client also had separate conversations with Assange, but he declined to confirm that Credico was the go-between identified by Stone.

Stone's attorney declined to comment.

Stone has vigorously denied that he colluded with Russia or had any advanced knowledge of the Russian hacking and WikiLeaks' leaking of thousands of emails from Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman, John Podesta.

Credico is a radio personality and political satirist based in New York. He's previously run for office in New York, including for mayor in 2013.

Who's who in Trump-Russia saga
On his radio show, Credico has had both Assange and Stone appear as guests, and he met with Assange in person earlier this year.

In a NY1 interview earlier this week, Credico did not say whether he was Stone's intermediary to Assange.
"You believe that story? Let me just say this. I am not at liberty courtesy of my counsel to talk about Roger Stone or to talk about WikiLeaks or to talk about Julian Assange, because these are both guests that appear on my show," Credico said. "And by talking to you about it, that could give them the tire iron to get me to talk."

Credico, who says he backed Green Party candidate Jill Stein in the election and supports liberal causes like legalizing marijuana, wouldn't say whether he would answer the committee's questions, citing First Amendment protections as a journalist.

"I'm going to have to appear before them," he said. "I'm not sure I'm going to talk to them."

The identity of Stone's intermediary to WikiLeaks has been one of the lingering questions in the congressional investigations into Russia's election meddling.

Roger Stone faces subpoena threat over Assange contact
During the 2016 presidential campaign, Stone appeared to predict on a few occasions that WikiLeaks would soon release damaging information about Hillary Clinton, including stating that it would be Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta's "time in the barrel" ahead of the WikiLeaks' release of Podesta's emails.
Stone has denied he had any prior knowledge of the Podesta email release, saying he was referring to his own research into Podesta.

When he testified before the House Intelligence Committee in September, Stone denied any direct contact with Assange.

"On June 12, 2016, WikiLeaks' publisher Julian Assange, announced that he was in possession of Clinton DNC emails. I learned this by reading it on Twitter," Stone wrote in an opening statement.

"I asked a journalist who I knew had interviewed Assange to independently confirm this report, and he subsequently did," Stone wrote. "This journalist assured me that WikiLeaks would release this information in October and continued to assure me of this throughout the balance of August and all of September. This information proved to be correct."

Roger Stone attorney says he complied with request for Assange contact
After Stone's closed-door hearing, he told reporters that he had answered all of the committee's questions but one: the identity of his connection to Assange.

At the time, Stone argued that his intermediary was a journalist, and his conversation was off-the-record.

"I'm not going to burn somebody I spoke to off-the-record," Stone said. "If he releases me, if he allows me to release it, I would be happy to give it to the committee. I'm actually going to try to do that."

But Reps. Mike Conaway of Texas and Adam Schiff of California, the Republican and Democrat leading the panel's Russia probe, threatened to subpoena Stone for the identity of his intermediary.

Ahead of the deadline set by Conaway and Schiff, Stone's attorney said last month that the longtime Trump confidante had complied with the committee's demands, though he did not elaborate any further.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/29/politics/ ... olitics=Tw
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Elvis » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Jerky wrote:Julian Assange deserves every bad thing that is about to happen to him... and worse. Far, far worse.

Unbelievable. Just nuts. :starz:
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Jerky » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:48 am

Elvis » 30 Nov 2017 03:00 wrote:
Jerky wrote:Julian Assange deserves every bad thing that is about to happen to him... and worse. Far, far worse.

Unbelievable. Just nuts. :starz:

I feel the same way about the fact that there are people who still trust that bleach-headed piece of crap.

Unless you're one of those who thinks the very idea of America belongs on the trash heap of history, and you're eager to get to a world led by Chinese style technocratic totalitarian command capitalism surrounded by various conglomo-states based on ethnic identity and shored up by little more than isolationist ideology and WMD stocks, you should be too.

J
Jerky

Postby Sounder » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:33 am

Morty wrote...
The US political system needs a do-over. The good news is there are many people motivated to make change. The bad news is, these motivated people think Trump is the problem, not the political system itself.

BS wrote...
Quite right.

stillrobertpaulsen wrote...
RI no different than mainstream? BS, name one RI poster who has actually stated this position.

Do you mean the 'position' that;'The bad news is, these motivated people think Trump is the problem, not the political system itself.'

Of course nobody would state that as a position, that would be silly. Still here at RI, where we are bombarded with MSM and foundation material that focuses attention toward personalities rather than to a more difficult area of ideas, we fall for and promote the 'world mafia' notion that the people that 'complain' and cause problems for the system are the problem rather than the system itself being the problem.

There's a difference between detailing Trump's criminal activity in the hope he will face justice, which I have certainly done, and proclaiming that his receiving such justice would fix our cronyistic plutocratic kakistocracy that is creeping toward fascism, which I believe precisely zero RI posters have done.

How people act counts for more than what they might say. Focusing on personalities is a waste of intellectual energy, like, grow up.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Sounder » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:33 am wrote:stillrobertpaulsen wrote...
RI no different than mainstream? BS, name one RI poster who has actually stated this position.

Do you mean the 'position' that;'The bad news is, these motivated people think Trump is the problem, not the political system itself.'

Yes, that's correct.

Sounder » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:33 am wrote:Of course nobody would state that as a position, that would be silly. Still here at RI, where we are bombarded with MSM and foundation material that focuses attention toward personalities rather than to a more difficult area of ideas, we fall for and promote the 'world mafia' notion that the people that 'complain' and cause problems for the system are the problem rather than the system itself being the problem.

Maybe I'm being dense here, but what are you talking about? What is the difference? Who on RI promotes a 'world mafia' notion? (Never even heard that term mentioned here before!) Who can you honestly point to here that doesn't know, wasn't compelled to post here because they found out that the way the world really works doesn't always dovetail with MSM narratives? We may disagree on some issues, but that one is just too basic. That's why this is my favorite political forum to post in - we all get that. Or at least I think it's all of us. There's a difference between using MSM sources to buttress a point of view that while attacking certain individuals does encompass an understanding of how fucked our system is, and relying on it to the exclusion of all else to blindly submit to that system. Mainstream does that, RI doesn't.

Sounder » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:33 am wrote:
There's a difference between detailing Trump's criminal activity in the hope he will face justice, which I have certainly done, and proclaiming that his receiving such justice would fix our cronyistic plutocratic kakistocracy that is creeping toward fascism, which I believe precisely zero RI posters have done.

How people act counts for more than what they might say. Focusing on personalities is a waste of intellectual energy, like, grow up.

Um, what? Are you telling me personally to grow up? Just want to clarify. But for the record, when a particular personality wields an enormous amount of political power and commits acts that abuse that power, fuckin' A, I'm gonna focus on it!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby The Consul » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:28 pm

The two party system of American Democracy is in ruins.
It is hard, very hard, to imagine how it will save itself.
It is practically speaking, in so many ways. already a fascist state.
American fascism has found a way to operate without constant military pressure on internal rivals. This has been done through campaign financing.
So we're basically finished. It is hard to even say what the fuck it is right now. But it's definitely moving toward darker and darker times.
When you consider it has only just begun, that the vast bulk of the worst is yet to come, you can hardly question any answer, movement or idea without suspecting that it's just more useless bullshit driven by one hidden agenda or another.

The future, sad to say, is even more unimaginable than Trump.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby Sounder » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:25 pm

The Consul wrote...
The two party system of American Democracy is in ruins.
It is hard, very hard, to imagine how it will save itself.
It is practically speaking, in so many ways. already a fascist state.
American fascism has found a way to operate without constant military pressure on internal rivals. This has been done through campaign financing.
So we're basically finished. It is hard to even say what the fuck it is right now. But it's definitely moving toward darker and darker times.
When you consider it has only just begun, that the vast bulk of the worst is yet to come, you can hardly question any answer, movement or idea without suspecting that it's just more useless bullshit driven by one hidden agenda or another.

The future, sad to say, is even more unimaginable than Trump.

See, this is why I will always love you Consul, you deal in the world of ideas. That we may disagree on some things is a small matter, we still agree on larger matters.

Polarities sometimes flip.

Good response stillrobertpaulson, I will say something in the morning, busy now.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:03 pm

(Disclaimer: any original content 'penned' by members -- such as yourself, stillrobertpaulsen -- are always a welcome contribution, in my view; I agree that one of the great draws of this board is content/material/musings authored by its members, and the responses/interplay that result from such musings. What's become increasingly pervasive, however -- and here I will be repeating the tired 'ol refrain -- is the reams of pasted material extracted largely from mainstream sources that essentially parrot mainstream views/interpretations of events; events largely implemented as distractions/noise-generators to obfuscate underlying agendas. There's far less analysis of the sleight of hand tricks at play; indeed, these obfuscations are presented here seemingly "as is", with nary a wink or allusion to the parlor tricks at play...)

stillrobertpaulsen wrote:
for the record, when a particular personality wields an enormous amount of political power and commits acts that abuse that power, fuckin' A, I'm gonna focus on it!

I'd say that applies to just about every President we've had, no?

stillrobertpaulsen wrote:

How different is Trump, truly, than his predecessors, other than his propensity to provoke/instigate/troll the populace?

Here's how he's different: Trump is no politician. There's no nuance in his presentation. He's crude.
This is precisely the reason why many voted for him, and also precisely the reason many abhor him.

Apparently there's a segment of the population willing to swallow (or look the other way during) acts against humanity so long as the mouthpiece representing such acts conducts him/herself with professionalism and nuance. In effect, "acting presidential". Trump doesn't afford such a luxury.

Those that abhor Trump have allowed themselves to be consumed by the rabble; they've become ravenous in their desire to have him removed.
What happens if that dream comes true? Who will fill the vacuum? What net/substantive difference will there be to status quo, other than cosmetic?

Futile discussion, in any event. To paraphrase one of the 2 most prolific members of this board, one can post whatever they want here (*so long as they adhere to forum rules, of course).

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law, even if it parrots sentiment already absorbed in droves outside of this forum.
Belligerent Savant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion