UFOs over NY (and I ain't too surprised)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: UFOs over NY (and I ain't too surprised)

Postby 82_28 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:37 pm

Nordic wrote:There's a lot of marketing going on right now that involves tricking people.

I just worked on a pretty huge commercial for a big-ass corporation with right-wing ties that was all about exactly that.

Do divulge the best you can without giving anything away, Nordic!
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:40 pm

Can't. Signed an agreement not to talk about it. It's no big deal, it's just that the whole series of spots documents tricking "regular" people.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby elfismiles » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:43 pm

Nordic wrote:There's a lot of marketing going on right now that involves tricking people.

I just worked on a pretty huge commercial for a big-ass corporation with right-wing ties that was all about exactly that.

Perhaps this is my pessimism speaking but ... it seems as though Tricking people into doing something has always been easier than Truth-telling and letting folks decide for themselves. But then I guess if I believe that then I'm just playing into the Elite's own world view that leads them to feel/believe that the PTB need to be calling the shots for the sheeple.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby barracuda » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:55 pm

When even fucking New Yorkers are hoping that something will come out of the sky and pay their mortagage, get them a job, and solve their problems or turn those problems into irrelevances, you know the time is ripening for something. It's wholly fitting that what they saw should merely be another set of soap bubbles.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby Simulist » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:59 pm

...sponsored by AMWAY™.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:10 pm

elfismiles wrote:So far, all the vids have looked like balloons to me.

Which is to say they look nothing like the still image - which someone pointed out looks like it was lifted straight outta that old Star Trek episode.

And as usual, Jack's thinking-out-loud speculation seems as ON a possibility as any offerred so far - though it does remind me a bit of the TV-Fakery-crowd's contentions about planted actor/agents on the streets of NYC being interviewed by the msm.

Well, it shouldn't. This is New York, still center of the mediaverse. People are hired to do viral marketing all over the place. Girls are paid to go into bars to giggle and announce they're having a given brand of alcohol. In Astoria, we get survey calls (not trying to market anything directly) every day, we seem to live in the most studied neighborhood right now (very diverse). We're considered multipliers, even if that's not the case. We get all the advance billboard campaigns that go for weeks pretending to be one thing, then turning into another. And we're part of the same media system where every other "news" story is thinly disguised PR.

Just because that's the case, it doesn't give any credibility to the fake 9/11 scenarios and there's no reason to be reminded of it here. Except that it's like a virus that sticks to hundreds of unrelated associations, which shows the brilliance of that particular campaign - i.e., the TV fakery crowd's, not the one they claim happened on 9/11. I confess it occurred to me too, after I posted.

All that being said, I'd probably go with the coincidental balloons as at least an even likelihood.

(Part of it is I don't see the aliens' upside in being ambiguous in this case. What do they gain by fulfilling the Oct. 13 prophecy, but making it look like balloons?)

And contrary to stereotype, it's not that hard to get attention on the streets around here if you're willing to be obnoxious. I know! :angelwings:

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby vanlose kid » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:32 pm

justdrew wrote:
vanlose kid wrote:all the memes coming together...

here's the full, non-doctored version of the ad...

It wields enormous influence, acts as a catalyst for social change and empowers its users to become both consumers and creators of information on a global scale. This March, the BBCs international news services - BBC World Service, BBC World News and BBC.com - are exploring the ways in which the internet is transforming the world in a special season of programming called Superpower - go to http://www.bbc.com/superpower to find out more.

can't remember who it was, some comedian, spoke about how commercials are stories in themselves, and only at the end do you get what they're selling (if they are selling).

@ justdrew, what struck me was the coming together of catholic, rapturist, aliens-will-save-us iconography: Fatima and all. that along with the current mainstream validation of the "alien presence" in all kinds of ways.

on edit: things are coming to a head.

"Teach them to think. Work against the government." – Wittgenstein.
vanlose kid

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:26 am

82_28 wrote:MUST. READ. MORE. SECRET.SUN.

http://secretsun.blogspot.com/2010/10/october-33rd.html

I'm sure many here have gone and read Knowles here lately and in the past. I have. But I sometimes forget to check out what he has to say on a regular basis. The above post is extraordinary. Check it, if you haven't yet and report back with your thoughts. That goes for all of you. . .

It would be nice if Chris would post here.

Additionally 10/13 being the templar arrest making famous Friday the 13th in popular tradition. Templars being masonic. Masonic being 33. What else is templar-lite? Switzerland with its cross and banking. It has a famous underground tunnel in CERN. It now has a new famous underground tunnel echoing closely the Chile mine:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39684119/ns ... ws-europe/

The world's longest tunnel was completed.

And much more being connected between the two sources. Knowles and Adachi's underground compliment each other very well.
Rage against the ever vicious downward spiral.
Time to get back to basics. [url=http://zmag.org/zmi/readlabor.htm]Worker Control of Industry![/url]
Occult Means Hidden

Postby justdrew » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:56 am

I'm no expert on TBMs but that picture looks fake as hell to me. The machine seems to be coming out a pre-made tube of fused stone and if that's how it really works, just a metal platen scraping away at the rock, where does the displaced material go? It's just knocking through a thin plug they placed to make it look good.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby 82_28 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:24 am

justdrew wrote:Image

I'm no expert on TBMs but that picture looks fake as hell to me. The machine seems to be coming out a pre-made tube of fused stone and if that's how it really works, just a metal platen scraping away at the rock, where does the displaced material go? It's just knocking through a thin plug they placed to make it look good.

I think it gets sucked back out the backside. They're building tunnels all over Seattle right now and I believe I've read something recently about that. In fact, they usually design each bore machine for the multi-year task at hand as to those specifications. They don't just have them sitting around for the next tunnel job.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:18 am

"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." ~ A.N. Whitehead
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby 82_28 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:31 am

Thanks CC. Because it caused me to analyze that picture further. What makes it look fake is that illumination of that "control box" on the left and the fact that the reinforced tunnel the spectators are in look like something out of a villainous lair in a 60's movie. But that illumination on that box is odd. That light serves no other purpose than to illuminate the contraption. Clearly a marketing outfit set this photo shoot up and all was timed with great exactness.
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:42 am

Hmmm. They do seem to be spraying water on the dust. BUT.

Forgive my layman's terms. But if the aperture and shutter speed are correct and the illumination of the subject is true, we would be seeing blur in the foreground as well no? The wall crashing down would not have that blur and the people in the relative darkness would not appear still. There is not a hint of blur in the people that would coincide with a totally illuminated rockfall that looks as though the shutter speed was quite slow. Photoshop.

I now say fake. Tunnel could be real. But that photo, given its elements, seems impossible.
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:51 am

[quote="justdrew"]Image

Oh fuck yeah fake. Look at the tell tale conical nature of the drill. Its most recessed part is just now poking out of the hole while the forward part had had some time to knock down the final bit of rock/wall and is just now doing so with great action photo fanfare. Unless they floored it and then slammed on the brakes in order to not mow those people over, I think this photo being real is impossible. I think those fuckers only go like feet per hour.
82_28

Postby barracuda » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:58 am

What are you guys talking about? There were like a million cameras at the breakthrough.

The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion