"To the hell that is Iraq?" New study on deaths.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby DrVolin » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:26 pm

The Vergeltungswaffe will save us.
DrVolin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:27 pm

"Manhattan Project" = 'how we won the Good War against the Nazis' meme.

JackRiddler wrote:.

An incredibly simple sequence occurs to me.
But in the meantime, it looks like success.

11) To help mystify and cover up the above, and to intimidate future enemies, dispatch Woodward to make the claim that the victory was the result of a magic new killing system that entirely wiped out the enemy, a "game changer."

"Progress. Victory is just around the corner. Stay the course with McCain."

Just what we need to hear while many Americans move into 'Hoover-villes.'

CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Sounder » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:43 pm

Top drawer material Jack. Thanks

Nordic wrote...

So we're already just executing people over there, whenever we feel like it.

Yes but in this case the rules were broken, whereas in the first case the rule says you are ordered to murder the man on the spot. The logical progression from; terrorists have no Geneva Convention protections.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby FourthBase » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:25 pm

Hmmm...just occurred to me that this new "revelation" might show a desperation on their part. It's pretty weird of them to be leaking something like that, real or unreal, being used or not being used, exaggerated or not.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:33 pm

FourthBase wrote:Hmmm...just occurred to me that this new "revelation" might show a desperation on their part. It's pretty weird of them to be leaking something like that, real or unreal, being used or not being used, exaggerated or not.

Desperation indeed.

Floating a meme always gets some buyers.
Like the allegedly %10-12 of Americans who think Obama is a Muslim.

And exploiting the post-convention 'lift' within the gullible GOP wanting Unka Raygun to save them with this crap is typical psyops sequencing to get some fuzzy logic momentum.
"It's getting better all the time, dear. Change."

BTW, I just heard ONI Woodward on National Propaganda Radio's 'Fresh Air' with Terry Gross.
In the last 45 seconds she asked ONI Woodward what accountability there is for a presidency that has made such a mess of war and that deceived people to start it.

ONI Woodward calmly said, "There's voting...and history will judge them."
:roll: What a spook.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby FourthBase » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:53 pm

No, I mean it might indicate a big-time desperation, i.e., one that involves them not beating us, and one that doesn't involve them having or being able to implement an emergency plan to false-flag themselves again to stay in power.
FourthBase

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:56 am

SPEAKING OF CRYPTOGON, he would seem to agree with our overall conclusion: it's just Phoenix with biometrics.

http://cryptogon.com/?p=4000

Technocracy is the most refined black humor the human race has produced so far. Not looking forward to whatever tops it next.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Foote Hertz » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:15 pm

Technocracy is the most refined black humor the human race has produced so far. Not looking forward to whatever tops it next.

A Stoopnocracy comeback would be nice, no?
Ah yes - Stoopnocracy - how statistically improbable is that?

Foote Hertz

Postby yathrib » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:19 pm

It may be one of the new "crowd control" mechanisms. OTOH, it may just be mind games and a veiled threat for any domestic dissenters who get too mouthy. Possibly a combination of both.
yathrib

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:41 pm

Cryptogon wrote:Secret Assassination Program is Key in Iraq, Woodward Says
September 10th, 2008

Oh sure, Bob.

During the Vietnam War, the Phoenix Program ran from 1967 through the Tet Offensive and until the Americans fled Vietnam. I seriously doubt that an assassination program is working in Iraq.

More likely, the cash bribes that the U.S. has been paying to insurgents to stay home, or kill their religious enemies has more to do with the “success” in Iraq—whatever the word means—that these imbeciles are making so much noise about.

I didn’t know what Woodward meant by a Manhattan Project-like effort. What does that mean? That a massive allocation of resources was poured into the development of… some new assassination/counter insurgency hardware? This is described below as, “Secret operational capabilities developed by the military to locate, target and kill leaders of al Qaeda in Iraq and other insurgent leaders.”

I went looking for an answer and landed on Prison Planet, where they’re wondering the same thing. Their death ray answer may be related, in terms of PSYOP, but I doubt that’s it.

Via: CNN:

The dramatic drop in violence in Iraq is due in large part to a secret program the U.S. military has used to kill terrorists, according to a new book by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Bob Woodward.

The program — which Woodward compares to the World War II era Manhattan Project that developed the atomic bomb — must remain secret for now or it would “get people killed,” Woodward said Monday on CNN’s Larry King Live.

“It is a wonderful example of American ingenuity solving a problem in war, as we often have,” Woodward said.

In “The War Within: Secret White House History 2006-2008,” Woodward disclosed the existence of secret operational capabilities developed by the military to locate, target and kill leaders of al Qaeda in Iraq and other insurgent leaders.

National security adviser Stephen Hadley, in a written statement reacting to Woodward’s book, acknowledged the new strategy. Yet he disputed Woodward’s conclusion that the “surge” of 30,000 U.S. troops into Iraq was not the primary reason for the decline in violent attacks.

“It was the surge that provided more resources and a security context to support newly developed techniques and operations,” Hadley wrote.

http://cryptogon.com/?p=4000
JackRiddler

Postby FourthBase » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:41 pm

It may be one of the new "crowd control" mechanisms.

If there's actually a thing and if it's actually as powerful as claimed and if it's actually being used over there and if it's actually reducing violence...then such a mechanism would make sense. Not that there's anything right with it, but comparatively speaking, if there's a choice for the warmongerers between gunning down a furious crowd in cold blood versus, say, releasing a cloud of have-a-gay-old-time chemicals that chill the crowd out...who's going to choose the bloody massacre?
FourthBase

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:45 pm

Reminds me of General Creasy's famous speech:

Suppose you found a way to spike the city’s water supply or to release a hallucinogen in aerosol form. For twelve to twentyfour hours all the people in the vicinity would be hopelessly giddy, vertiginous...victory would be a foregone conclusion.”

“I do not contend that driving people crazy—even for a few hours—is a pleasant prospect, but warfare is never pleasant. And to those who feel that any kind of chemical weapon is more horrible than conventional weapons, I put this question:

Would you rather be temporarily deranged, blinded, or paralyzed by a chemical agent, or burned alive by a conventional fire bomb?”
Wombaticus Rex

Postby yathrib » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:00 pm

I don't think any of these weapons involve having a gay old time... I was thinking of microwave radiation that makes one want to jump out of one's own skin.

FourthBase wrote:
It may be one of the new "crowd control" mechanisms.

If there's actually a thing and if it's actually as powerful as claimed and if it's actually being used over there and if it's actually reducing violence...then such a mechanism would make sense. Not that there's anything right with it, but comparatively speaking, if there's a choice for the warmongerers between gunning down a furious crowd in cold blood versus, say, releasing a cloud of have-a-gay-old-time chemicals that chill the crowd out...who's going to choose the bloody massacre?
yathrib

Postby FourthBase » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:10 pm

Well, that kind of weapon would be worse, sure.

Still better than being ripped to death with bullets and schrapnel, though?
FourthBase

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:19 pm

“It is a wonderful example of American ingenuity solving a problem in war, as we often have,” Woodward said.

:x

Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

PreviousNext

Return to Political