Is The Trump Thing Serious?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Is The Trump Thing Serious?

Postby divideandconquer » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:50 am

My first reaction was to question the public. "If the stupid ignorant masses wants this sociopathic bullying cartoon capitalist as president, then this is what they deserve", my first reaction: hate the masses. But the more I thought about it, the more I questioned the poll results. I work with the public everyday and have yet to run into anyone who doesn't think he's anything but an arrogant douchebag, so I started thinking that maybe this emotional reaction is a very small part of the reason that they're promoting this cretin. Or maybe I'm the only one who reacted this way.

Anyway, I think "The Donald" is a trump card the creators of this inescapable, omnipresent psychological operation (thanks to modern technology) pull out to inflict upon us for numerous reasons, and in order for it to work, they must convince the public that he's a serious contender, hence the poll results. Divisive politics and elevating the immigration issue are the obvious reasons behind his candidacy, however, to be sure, that's just the tip of the iceberg.
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:09 am

And yet JEB plays the TRUMP card as being the scholarly and astute one.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby stefano » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:20 am

The Trump thing is not serious. There's no way he'll do all the income declarations and stuff that go with running for president. Or spend real money on campaign ads, rallies, staff, travel and so on. He'll quit as soon as the involvement required goes beyond tweeting and talking ad hoc shit on TV.

on edit: Looks like I might be wrong about the disclosure. He submitted his personal financial disclosure to the Federal Election Commission on Wednesday. It's not yet public, not sure what that means. His office's statement that he'd submitted it includes the amazing line: "This report was not designed for a man of Mr. Trump's massive wealth."
stefano

Postby zangtang » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:10 am

mebe he's doing it with beer money, purely for his own amusement.....
no psy-war, no co-option as strawman/stalking horse,
no conspiracy to split the right/center/right.
perhaps his ego demands that at least he 'give it a bash'........
zangtang

Postby jingofever » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:13 pm

Polling around 15% in a field of 15+ candidates more than half a year away from the first primaries does not amount to much. This is what happened last time:

But he is probably as serious about this as he can be. He goes through with a lot of half-baked ideas.

jingofever

Postby 82_28 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:31 pm

I will say that I do appreciate/applaud Obama's lifting the lid on "sanctions" of Cuba and Iran. Both the very right thing to do. I doubt he'll say fuck you to Israel though for the trifecta of straightening up what is ethical for all, as in no more money from America. (As always Israel is separate from being most acceptably Jewish -- my brother is Jewish)
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:34 pm

Republicans In Full Melt Down As Trump Refuses To Quit Race, And May Run As An Independent
By: Jason Easley
Sunday, July, 19th, 2015, 1:08 pm

Donald Trump refused to drop out of the race for the Republican nomination today and confirmed that he may run as an Independent if he does not win the Republican nomination.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fey5HTC6SJE

Transcript from ABC’s This Week:

RADDATZ: So let me just get this clear. You are not apologizing. And you are certainly not pulling out of the race as some of your opponents have suggested.

TRUMP: Of course they’d love to have me do that because I’m leading the pack. I’m certainly not pulling out; I’m leading and I’m leading in many states. North Carolina just came in; I’m way in the lead there. Nevada, as I said, just came in. I’m way in the lead there. And, interestingly, in Nevada, I lead in Hispanics by a tremendous — the Hispanics, I’m way into the 30s with Hispanics. Which I said, if I get the nomination, if I run for president, I will win the Hispanic vote, because I’ll be able to take jobs back from China, jobs back from Japan and Mexico, and everybody else that’s ripping us off on trade. And everybody knows that. And I will win the Hispanic vote.

RADDATZ: So you think this will actually help you? This is involving veterans and you heard what I said about those veterans groups. You still think this will help you in the polls?

TRUMP: I believe that I will do far more for veterans than John McCain has done for many, many years, with all talk no action. He’s on television all the time, talking, talking. Nothing gets done. You look at what’s happening to our veterans — they’re being decimated, OK. So I will do far more for veterans than anybody. I’ll be able to build them new hospitals, I’ll be able to build them care centers. I’ll be able to help the veterans.

John McCain has failed. Because all you have to do is take a look — what you report on all the time, take a look at the scandal at the Veterans’ Administration and the disastrous conditions under which our veterans have to live. And believe me, I built, with a small group, the Vietnam Memorial in downtown Manhattan. I know what it is to help people and I know what it is to help veterans.

Not only is Trump not going anywhere, but on Saturday, he sent his strongest signal yet that he would run as an Independent if he does not get the Republican nomination. When asked if he would not run as a third-party candidate, Trump said, “No, no. I won’t go on record as saying that.”

Republicans created the political environment that he is flourishing. Fox News and the GOP loved Trump when he was chasing after President Obama’s birth certificate. 2012 Republican presidential candidates, including Mitt Romney, courted him and kissed his ring.

The Republican Party is in a state of full-blown state of meltdown because they can’t stop Donald Trump.

The monster has turned on its creator. Donald Trump is poised to destroy the Republican village, and there is nothing the torch and pitchfork wielding villagers can do about it.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby 82_28 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:47 pm

Question:

What's up with his disgusting mouth and hair? I know, often asked questions. But he has to be one of the most repulsive humans in all of history just by looks alone.
82_28

Postby justdrew » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:04 am

lil Donny Trump is America's deep dark truthful mirror.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby 82_28 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:45 am

What would be great is a "tell all" from his hairdresser.
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:36 am

This is from 1980 in the Seattle Times, I fucked something up on my CPU so I will transcribe an abbreviated quote manually! But it bears note.

And, speaking of foreign investors, at least four reportedly are bidding for the right to buy a 62nd floor "flat" on New York's 5th Avenue for a cool $11 Million.

Donald Trump, developer won't say who the bidders are but according to UPI but one of them is King Khalid of Saudi Arabia, an oil billionaire. The bidder, Trump says he has had 4,000 applications for the 300 units. . .

It goes on.

But back in 1980 he was quoted in saying AMERICANS CAN'T AFFORD TO LIVE THERE.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
82_28

Postby Nordic » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:26 pm

I work with some blue-collar guys who like Trump because he doesn't beat around the bush and just blurts out shit without worrying about how anybody feels about it.

They find that very refreshing. And entertaining.

He's like the drunk guy at the dinner party who starts embarrassing all the hypocritical posers by saying what they're really thinking.

I don't get the impression they want him for President or anything. They just like his seeming lack of hypocrisy. I mean, there is a LOT of anti-immigrant hatred out there.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby 82_28 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:25 pm

Nordic » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:26 am wrote:I work with some blue-collar guys who like Trump because he doesn't beat around the bush and just blurts out shit without worrying about how anybody feels about it.

They find that very refreshing. And entertaining.

He's like the drunk guy at the dinner party who starts embarrassing all the hypocritical posers by saying what they're really thinking.

I don't get the impression they want him for President or anything. They just like his seeming lack of hypocrisy. I mean, there is a LOT of anti-immigrant hatred out there.

That's what sucks. I could give a fuck less about where anybody is from and know many a good human who had to cross the desert in order to get back to their jobs.

Does anyone know anything about trump's upbringing and how far back his being an asshole may generationally go?
82_28

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:45 pm

I hope he wins the popular vote in the primaries and the people who voted for him riot when he's not nominated to run by the GOP.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Nordic » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:30 pm

Luther Blissett » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:45 pm wrote:I hope he wins the popular vote in the primaries and the people who voted for him riot when he's not nominated to run by the GOP.

That would be ... revealing, no?
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion