Spree-Killings Master Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Spree-Killings Master Thread

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:54 pm

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby norton ash » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:13 pm

And now you'll live to meet the ones left behind, asshole. You can only wish you'd been shot to smithereens. Wrong country. I admire this cop... he knew you had nuthin'.

Zen horse
norton ash

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby peartreed » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:34 am

My hometown and a familiar area I used to work in. Toronto was reputedly safe.

It’s still too early to ascertain the driver’s motive but preliminary reports about his social media account on Linked In network indicate he was a self-described “incel” – an involuntary celebate rejected by woman for romantic sexual relationships at his Seneca College campus. It’s a strange affinity found in the dark corners of the web.

That’s an awfully stupid reason to kill 10 innocent pedestrians and injure even more in an attempted suicide by cop demise. There must be other factors, like other mental health issues. In any event, my heart goes out to the victims and families.
peartreed

Postby Grizzly » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:55 am

What the hell happened up there at the 44 second time-stamp? Further, why does it seem to always be frames missing or interruptions in the filming at the most crucial times? Is it just me? Or does anyone else notice these things ubiquitously and consistently? Has nothing has changed since 67? you mean to tell me, no one else captured this; In broad light light even...

Reality really is what you can get away with, eh? All hail Eris!
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:54 am

Grizzly » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:55 pm wrote:What the hell happened up there at the 44 second time-stamp? Further, why does it seem to always be frames missing or interruptions in the filming at the most crucial times? Is it just me? Or does anyone else notice these things ubiquitously and consistently? Has nothing has changed since 67? you mean to tell me, no one else captured this; In broad light light even...

Reality really is what you can get away with, eh? All hail Eris!

Looks weird. But - Seems like maybe the person doing the filming was ducking behind a pillar or something as the cops approached, perhaps afraid gunshots were about to be fired.
There are plenty of instances of missing footage/audio in other cases that concern me. After watching this one a dozen times, I'm not too worried about it. It's when the camera goes blank and someone ends up dead that bothers me more.

As to what is the appropriate number of cell phone recordings of something like this, I have no fucking idea. I refuse to even film concerts, when every other douchebag around me has their phone held over their head, so I can't say what's "normal." But perhaps people were busy trying to survive to the extent they didn't think to go to Facebook live in this instance. Or maybe the videos just haven't surfaced yet.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:24 pm

Alleged Toronto Van Attacker’s Facebook Profile Linked to ‘Incels,’ Praised Mass Killer
Facebook has confirmed to VICE that the post linking Alek Minassian, accused of killing 10 people, to the misogynistic group is real.

ByJordan PearsonandMack Lamoureux
Apr 24 2018, 10:53am

Facebook has confirmed to VICE that an online post apparently made by the man accused of killing 10 pedestrians with a van in Toronto on Monday, referencing “incels,” a misogynistic online community, came from his authentic profile. The post has been widely discussed following the attack, and subject to intense suspicion as online hoaxes are common in the wake of such tragedies.

On Monday at around 1:30 PM a white van mounted the sidewalk in a diverse north Toronto neighbourhood and ran down pedestrians for nearly a mile. After the event was over, bodies were strewn along the road. Ten pedestrians died as a result of the attack and 15 more were wounded. Police arrested Alek Minassian, 25, after a tense standoff in which he asked the police officers to kill him, according to bystander video.

Minassian appeared in court on Tuesday morning where he charged with 10 counts of first degree murder and 13 counts of attempted murder. Police have released no information regarding a motive, but a Facebook post may shed light on the alleged killer’s mindset. Facebook confirmed to VICE that the post came from Manissian’s authentic Facebook account, but this does not necessarily mean that Manissian is the person who wrote the post.

The post, which began making the rounds on social media after the attack, referenced an online community of “incels,” a term that means “involuntary celibate.” Elements of this community are known to be extremely misogynistic as incels largely blame their celibacy on women. In 2014, mass killer Elliot Rodger posted a manifesto shortly before killing six people in which he explained that he wanted to punish women for rejecting him. In the video, Rodger dubbed himself the “supreme gentleman,” a moniker that Minassian referenced in his alleged Facebook post. The post also made reference to a “Sgt. 4chan,” apparently referring to the longstanding anonymous message board and troll hub.

“Private (Recruit) Minassian Infantry 00010, wishing to speak to Sgt. 4chan please. C23249161,” reads the post. “The Incel Rebellion has already begun! We will overthrow all the Chads and Stacys! All hail the Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger!” In many online communities, “Chads and Stacys” is slang for attractive, non-socially awkward people.

“This is a terrible tragedy and our hearts go out to the people who have been affected. There is absolutely no place on our platform for people who commit such horrendous acts. We have found and immediately deleted the suspect’s Facebook account,” a Facebook spokesperson wrote VICE in an email.

The Globe and Mail reported that students who spent time with Minassian at Toronto’s Seneca College, where he was reportedly enrolled, described him as a socially awkward tech nerd who was good with computers, and had no real violent tendencies nor strong political or religious beliefs.

The incel community faced intense online pushback, with one subreddit dedicated to the group (their main gathering point) being taken down in 2017. Reddit also banned another popular subreddit for incels, called /r/malecels, in the hours following the Toronto incident. Reddit spokespeople did not immediately respond to VICE’s request for comment. Since Monday, the incel and 4chan communities have attempted to distance themselves from Manissian.

Posts following the attack on major online hubs for the incel community expressed disbelief that Minassian’s Facebook post could be authentic. “Everything about this situation seems fishy to me,” a moderator of a forum called Incels.me going by “Master” wrote in post on Tuesday. “It was clearly a troll,” another poster wrote on Incels.me. VICE reached out to Master on Incels.me but didn’t immediately hear back. “Who talks like that?” one user of /Pol/, 4chan’s notorious politics message board, wrote on Monday regarding Manissian’s Facebook post referencing “Sgt. 4chan.” “Totally one of us 4Channers,” wrote another. On /r9k/, another notorious 4chan board, users were also incredulous.“

Why are we such a good scapegoar t [ sic],” one user wrote on Monday, with another user adding, “If this isn't fake, it's gonna bring a lot of attention here. Fuck, we really don't need this right now.”
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/xw79 ... etwitterca
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:16 pm

Most Of The Victims In The Toronto Van Attack Were Women

The Toronto van attack suspect posted a "cryptic" Facebook message that supported violence against women, officials said.

Amber Jamieson
April 24, 2018, at 3:44 p.m.

A work crew in protective clothing cleans a sidewalk a day after a van struck multiple people along a major intersection in north Toronto.

The victims in the Toronto van attack were "predominantly female," officials said Tuesday, adding that the suspect had posted a "cryptic" Facebook message supporting violence against women just before he drove into the crowded sidewalk.

Detective Sgt. Graham Gibson of Toronto police's homicide division said Tuesday that the victims also ranged from mid-twenties to early eighties.

Ten people were killed and 14 people were injured in the attack. The suspect, identified by police as 25-year-old Alek Minassian, has been charged with 10 counts of murder. Gibson said he could not discuss a possible motive citing the ongoing investigation.

Gibson referenced the "cryptic" Facebook post that went up shortly before the rented van veered into crowds of pedestrians near Yonge Street and Finch Avenue at 1:30 p.m. on Monday:

Private (Recruit) Minassian Infantry 00010, wishing to speak to Sgt. 4chan please. C23249161. The Incel Rebellion has already begun! We will overthrow all the Chads and Stacys! All hail the Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger!

The post references the "Incel Rebellion," with "incel" meaning "involuntary celibate," or slang from an online community who hate women and advocate for sexual violence against them as revenge for them not wanting to have sex. The post also mentioned Elliot Rodger, who killed six people in 2014 near the University of California, Santa Barbara, out of a hatred of women and those who had rejected him.

Gibson did not go into the meaning of the message, but noted it had received a lot of media attention since yesterday and "it's something we will take into account in this investigation in the coming weeks."

The names of the victims also will not be released until the coroner's office has been able to identify them through dental, DNA, or fingerprint records, officials added, although at least one identity had been confirmed publicly.

Families of those believed to have died have been contacted and are helping authorities with the identification process.

"It’s a horrible tragedy and hopefully one we’ll never have to repeat," said Dr. Dirk Huyer, the chief coroner for Ontario.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/amberjamieson/ ... ufr1GQmNBa
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Grizzly » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:41 am

"Facebook has confirmed ...

Trust us, dumb fucks...

I stopped reading it at that point... Intertubes are bad, m..kay?
It's hate/kill speech, it must be controlled. All killers are bad on the interwebs! It should have been caught sooner! I'd be curious what laws are being discussed by Her Majesty's Government about now.

Detective Sgt. Graham Gibson has one hell of an internet presence. Is he the spokesman for Toronto finest, or does he just make an extraordinary amount of collars?

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:40 am

Grizzly, to answer your earlier questions - There are now alternate videos available of the incident in which the Toronto van massacre suspect gives in to authorities. I don't have a link, but I saw the video - via Facebook, for good or ill. It was an overhead shot of the arrest, though I don't know the origin of the camera, that includes the "missing time" you questioned. It seems legit, as far as that goes.

As far as your concerns about "facebook confirms," well, I don't trust them either. But anyone who describes themselves as an "incel" should be a concern, as far as I'm concerned. That term carries with it a whole bunch of weight. You can spend a lot of your life not getting laid without deciding that you're an "incel," so if there is truth to these claims, it is something that should be noted. As an anarchist, I'm against government control in general, but as a human, I say a proud "FUCK OFF" to anyone who has the idea that they are somehow victims because they can't find anybody to fuck them, and have decided the problem is with others and not themselves.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Grizzly » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:53 am

Thanks, mfu2...

Before today, I’ve never even heard the word, "incel".

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:20 am

Grizzly » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:53 am wrote:Thanks, mfu2...

Before today, I’ve never even heard the word, "incel".

Fair enough. It is a thing, self-identified. No one ever calls someone an "incel." They call themselves that. Pretty sure some teenage murderer in California who made headlines has also identified himself as such. [googles it] Yeah - it was Elliot Roger. 2014 Isla Vista killings.
He wasn't the first, either. It's a thing. Involuntary celibates = incel. My perception is they are men/boys who can't get laid and have adopted an MRA victim complex as a result. There's a big anger and resentment focused on the "involuntary" part of the involuntary celibate.
mentalgongfu2

Postby Heaven Swan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:02 am

Toronto van attack: Facebook post may link suspect to misogynist 'incel' subculture

Post appears to connect alleged killer with ‘incel’, or ‘involuntary celibate’, communities that have made sexual frustration the basis for misogyny

Jason Wilson
@jason_a_w

Wed 25 Apr 2018 03.54 EDT
First published on Tue 24 Apr 2018 18.52 EDT

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... ncel-group

Shortly before a rented van ploughed into a crowd of pedestrians in Toronto, killing 10 and wounding 14 others, a short and cryptic message was posted on the Facebook account of Alek Minassian, the man accused of carrying out the attack.

The post referred to another mass killer – Elliot Rodger, who shot dead six people and wounded 13 others in Isla Vista, California, in 2014 – and said that the “incel rebellion has already begun. We will overthrow all the Chads and the Stacys”.

Minassian’s Facebook account has since been deleted and police have yet to suggest a motive for the attack, but the post appeared to connect the alleged killer with the so-called “incel” movement, which has made collective sexual frustration the basis for a deeply misogynistic online subculture.

Incel stands for “involuntary celibate”, and the people who identify with the label are almost exclusively male. On incels.me, the subculture’s leading online forum, an incel is described as someone who “can’t have sex despite wanting to”, and is thus also denied the pleasures of relationships. (In incel lingo, sexually successful men are known as “Chads”, and attractive women are called “Stacys”).

Self-identified incels have used the internet to find anonymous support and develop an ideology whose central belief is that the modern world is unfairly stacked against awkward or unattractive heterosexual men.

Incel websites argue that society is set up so that some men have numerous sexual partners, others have none and women get to take their pick in what is often described as a “sexual marketplace”.
Swallowing the Red Pill: a journey to the heart of modern misogyny
Read more

Such theories are often buttressed with half-understood theories about evolution, psychology and genetics. And at their heart is a belief that denying men sex is unjust.

As in other reactionary subcultures that reject consensus liberal beliefs, those who take on the incel creed are said to have taken “the red pill” – referring to the scene in the science fiction movie The Matrix where the protagonist chooses to leave his illusions behind.

Frequently such ideas lead to a generalized bitterness towards women. Indeed, the big incel hubs are often viciously misogynistic and regularly feature calls for rape or other violence.

Even the free speech bastion Reddit was forced last year to ban the largest incel subreddit for inciting hate (another subreddit, incelTears, continues to chronicle the excesses of incel culture online).

Some with this mindset take it upon themselves to commit horrendous violence. In videos and a manifesto, the Isla Vista shooter Elliot Rodger justified his own mass homicide in 2014 by presenting it as revenge for his own romantic rejections, and the fact that at 22, he was still a virgin.

Rodger was subsequently adopted by some incels as a hero, and being made into the quasi-ironic figurehead for a “beta uprising”, when sexually unsuccessful men would engage in armed revolt against all of the Chads and Stacys.

Behind the layers of irony and disavowal, then, some incels have constructed a kind of violent, insurrectionary rhetoric from romantic failure and the belief that they are owed sex.
Who are the 'incels' and how do they relate to Toronto van attack?
Read more

It’s possible that this mindset has influenced another lonely man in Toronto to commit mass murder.

The nature of social media still leaves some room for doubt as to whether the message is genuine, or whether it was really posted by Minassian – and internet trolls have previously misled the media following mass killings with false claims.

Moderators on incels.me were quick to disavow him. One post said Minassian “has never posted on Incels.me. As far as we are concerned, no one on the forum heard of him before these latest news.”

But elsewhere on the site, some users appeared to be defending the attacker. One post castigated other forum users for their squeamishness under the title, “most of you guys are all talk”.
"When IT reigns, I’m poor.” Mario
Heaven Swan

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:14 am

Alek Minassian Toronto van attack suspect praised 'incel' killer

"I have a gun in my pocket" – the moment Alek Minassian was arrested.
A van driver accused of killing 10 people in Toronto posted to Facebook minutes before the attack to praise a woman-hating mass shooter.

Alek Minassian - charged on Tuesday with 10 counts of murder and 13 counts of attempted murder - also referred to the misogynistic "incel" Reddit group.

Police say the 25-year-old intentionally drove a rental van into pedestrians on a busy pavement.

The suspect was arrested several streets away after a tense standoff with police.

The 10 dead and 14 wounded are "predominantly" women, ranging in age from their 20s to their 80s, police say.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said it was a "senseless attack and a horrific tragedy".

What was the 'incel' group?

The suspect's Facebook post, which the social network has confirmed as real, praised Elliott Rodger, a 22-year-old from California who killed six people in a 2014 shooting rampage through Isla Vista, California, before turning the gun on himself.

It read: "The Incel Rebellion has already begun! We will overthrow all the Chads and Stacys! All hail the Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger!"

BBC
The term "incel" refers to a now-banned group on the message site Reddit, used by Rodger, where young men discussed their lack of sexual activity, blaming women for the problem.

"Chads and Stacys" refers to attractive men and women who are perceived as better than or unavailable to "incels", which is short for "involuntary celibate".

Toronto van attack: What's an incel?
How did the suspect appear in court?

He was brought to court on Tuesday to hear the charges against him.

His head shaved and wearing a white jumpsuit, he held his hands behind his back, showing little emotion throughout.

Presentational white space
He will remain in custody and return to court on 10 May for a bail hearing. He was ordered to make no contact with surviving victims.

A man believed to be his relative sat in the front row of the courtroom and wept. Asked by reporters if he had anything to say, the man replied, "Sorry".

Yonge Street, where the attack took place, remained closed on Tuesday as police continued their investigation.

Who were the victims?

While the authorities have not yet formally identified any of the dead, three have been named in the media.

Her colleague, Jon Tam, told CBC News that Ms D'Amico was "full of life, loved to travel, loved to help volunteer".Facebook
Anne Marie D'Amico was "full of life", her colleague said
Anne-Marie D'Amico worked for the US investment company Invesco, Canadian broadcaster CBC reports. The company's Canadian headquarters are on Yonge Street.

Toronto van attack victim 'full of life'
The Jordanian embassy in Ottawa has told the BBC that one of its citizens was among the victims. Jordanian media named him as Munir Abdo Habib al-Najjar. He was reportedly in Canada to visit his son.

Toronto resident Dorothy Sewell, 80, has also been named by relatives as one of the victims.

Picture of Dorothy Sewell supplied by Elwood DelaneyElwood Delaney
Dorothy Sewell was a fan of the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team
Her grandson, Elwood Delaney, said she was the "best grandma anyone could have asked for".

The South Korean embassy in Canada confirmed to the BBC that two of its citizens were among the dead and another was critically ill. Their names have not been disclosed.

The 15 injured remain in hospitals throughout Toronto.

People gathered to remember the victims of the attack
What else do we know about Minassian?

From the northern Toronto suburb of Richmond Hill, he was not previously known to the authorities.

There "would appear to be no national security connections", public safety minister Ralph Goodale said.

He attended a school for students with special needs in north Toronto, former classmates say.

Toronto van attack suspect Alek Minassian, 24 April 2018, from his LinkedIn profileLinkedIn
He would be seen walking around Thornlea Secondary School with his head down and hands clasped tightly together making meowing noises, Shereen Chami told Reuters news agency.

But she added that he had not been violent: "He wasn't a social person, but from what I remember he was absolutely harmless."

He went on to attend Seneca College in the North York area of Toronto, where the van incident took place, CBC reports.

The Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) has also confirmed he was a member for two months in late 2017 before asking to be voluntarily released.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43883052
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:25 pm

Suspect in Golden State killer case, a former police officer, is arrested after decades of searching
Authorities have arrested a former police officer who is suspected of being one of California’s most prolific serial killers and rapists — the Golden State killer.

According to law enforcement sources who were unauthorized to speak publicly about the case, a local and federal task force apprehended the suspect late Tuesday evening.

In the 40 years since the Original Night Stalker began his campaign of terror in Sacramento and moved south through Oakland, Santa Barbara and Orange counties, he had remained unidentified. The attacker was also dubbed the East Area rapist and the Golden State killer, and authorities say he is responsible for 12 killings, 45 rapes and more than 120 residential burglaries between 1976 and 1986.

A 72-year-old Citrus Heights resident, Joseph James DeAngelo Jr., has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is being held without bail, according to Sacramento County jail records.

Local and federal authorities descended on DeAngelo’s beige, single-story home Tuesday evening and remained there Wednesday morning, when they removed two cars, a boat and a motorcycle from the garage.

The suspect was a police officer in Auburn during the 1970s, but fired after he was accused of shoplifting a hammer and dog repellent, according to a 1979 newspaper article. He is suspected of committing some crimes while he was still on the force, but his arrest is related to a 1980 double homicide of a Ventura County couple, according to law enforcement sources.

The FBI has created a website dedicated to the case where the public can view police sketches of the attacker and hear from witnesses and victims’ families.

The last known crime associated with the Original Night Stalker took place in 1986, but his notoriety persists. In 2004, California voters passed an initiative, bankrolled by the brother of one of his victims, that mandates collection of DNA samples from people convicted — or even arrested — in felony cases.

By 1978, the man had attacked victims in Oakland, Danville and Walnut Creek. In 1979, he killed two in Goleta, and two years later killed yet another couple in the Santa Barbara County town. Authorities in 2011 pinpointed DNA evidence from the killer in the 1981 slayings of Cheri Domingo, 35, and Gregory Sanchez, 27. And they matched that evidence with DNA from other crime scenes.

Sanchez was shot and bludgeoned. Domingo died of massive head injuries. Some of the grisly details matched those at other crime scenes associated with the Original Night Stalker: Sanchez and Domingo lived in an upscale neighborhood and were killed in bed. Domingo's hands had been tied — as had the hands of victims at other scenes.

Authorities said that the killer would sometimes place cups or plates on his bound victims' backs so he'd have an audible clue if they broke free when he was in another room. At the time of the crimes he was described as being about 5-foot-9 with blond or auburn hair. He appeared to have military or law enforcement training.

Before he became known as the Original Night Stalker — so named to distinguish him from Richard Ramirez, the serial killer dubbed the Night Stalker who terrorized the Los Angeles area in the mid-1980s — the killer was tied to no fewer than 52 sexual assaults in Sacramento County and the Bay Area.

Writer Michelle McNamara became obsessed with the case and spent years researching it. She wrote an article for Los Angeles magazine and was turning it into a book when she died in 2016. Her widower, comedian and actor Patton Oswalt, helped complete the book, which is now a bestseller.

The Sacramento County district attorney, the FBI and the Sheriff’s Department will hold a news conference at noon Wednesday in Sacramento to discuss the case.

Throughout the morning Wednesday, authorities combed through DeAngelo’s home, a brown single-story wood and brick-trim structure with a “Beware of dog” sign on the fence. A crush of police vehicles and media filled the quiet subdivision of winding roads and cul-de-sacs.

Area residents said they were familiar with the story of the Golden State killer and were shocked to learn that the suspect had lived among them.

“It’s a little surreal,” said Richelle Taylor, 42.

Jack Haddad, 51, and wife Hala Doumat, 35, live within view of DeAngelo ’s driveway. Neither knew him, but Doumat said she regularly walks by his house with her three kids.

The couple said they had recently watched a documentary on the Golden State killer. “I knew there was a $50,000 reward,” Haddad said. “I wish I knew it [was him]”

He said he was shocked it had taken so long to solve the case.

“I have mixed feelings,” Haddad said about the arrest. “If something so horrific can happen so close to you, anything goes.”

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Luther Blissett » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:45 pm

It’s unbelievable that this happened. Investigative research gets the goods! I’ve been listening to McNamara’s audiobook and at first I thought it was a wild coincidence, but apparently it’s really of this community that she helped build.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion