OSAMA BIN LADEN ANNOUNCED DEAD BY OBAMA (renamed thread)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: OSAMA BIN LADEN ANNOUNCED DEAD BY OBAMA (renamed thread)

Postby The Consul » Mon May 02, 2011 6:54 pm

barracuda wrote:Image

That looks like a picture from one of the Bears games POTUS forced the staff to watch.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby kenoma » Mon May 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Nordic wrote:My educated guess as to what happened:

OBL has been holed up in that place for a while. Living the good life, with his own nurses, dialysis machines, whatever. All provided by the ISI and the Pakistani military allies.

He's been on his way out for a few weeks, maybe months. Dying. Thus all the drama with that CIA guy who was caught killing people on the street, the way he got away, the whole "conflict" between Pakistan and the CIA.

They've been figuring out how to deal with this and how to use it for their own best interests.

My guess is that the Pakistanis have said "don't make it look like we were hiding him, because we don't want to take the heat for that" and the Americans have been working with them to work something out.

So now OBL died, they gave him his quiet little Muslim funeral, the trigger was pulled on the "operation" to go "kill" him, and it's all been worked out ahead of time as to how much heat the Pakistanis will take for this. They'll probably play clueless "we had no idea he was there!" and that sort of thing.

And yes, the whole "we got this info from one of those tortured detainees we have in our secret prison system" is part of the plot, as is "yes we spent trillions of dollars on this over the years to build this military constitution-crushing system, but look ITS WORTH IT".

No pictures, because they didn't shoot him. He died quietly under medical supervision.

This is pure conjecture.

My guess is different.

Bin Laden is dead. Long dead.

The myth has been intermittently useful, but ROI is rapidly diminishing. It's just soo naughties.

Pakistan is pissing the US off. Getting cocky with its love-in with China. Looking at the bond market and realizing the US isn't the be-all and end-all anymore. They've started to explain to Afghanistan that a strategic partnership with the US is a Ponzi scheme, and that they'd be better off with Pakistan/China.

So the question is: how do we fuck Pakistan? How do we make them seem like the last people you'd ever want to throw your lot in with? How do we keep these Pakistani fuckers on a leash?

Make them look like madmen.

Let's find Bin Laden in Pakistan. But not just anywhere in Pakistan, not some fucking Hindu Kush hovel no one's ever heard of. Let's find him a few hundred yards from the Pakistani military academy, in the most bourgeois town in Pakistan. And let's make it look like he's been living there for about five years, under the noses of the entire Pakistani military-intelligence elite.
We'll admit some degree of Pakistani co-operation in all this, but not so much that we don't think these Pakistanis are fucking mental.

That'll do.
Expectation calibration and expectation management is essential at home and internationally. - Obama foreign policy advisor Samantha Power, February 21, 2008
kenoma

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby JackRiddler » Mon May 02, 2011 7:47 pm

See? Many scenarios for what's in the black box (or "sea burial") can be credibly advanced. kenoma's can also work.

How Pakistan is treated in the next few days should tell whether the operation was an assault or a collaboration.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon May 02, 2011 7:53 pm

JackRiddler wrote:How Pakistan is treated in the next few days should tell whether the operation was an assault or a collaboration.

Or a complete fabrication.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby yathrib » Mon May 02, 2011 8:00 pm

My guess: OBL thought he had some kind of agreement where he could slip off into the fog and enjoy the fruits of his labors. Thus the ridiculously obvious "hideout" which hid nothing.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst that justice prevail.

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
yathrib

Postby Laodicean » Mon May 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Nationalism on display in Chicago for the Hawks v. Bulls game broadcast on TNT.
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Obama to give surprise address 10PM EDT

Postby vanlose kid » Mon May 02, 2011 8:06 pm

norton ash wrote:
JackRiddler wrote:
norton ash wrote:USA USA USA!

(BTW, since you started that shit at the '84 Olympics, the world has considered you unbelievable stupid cunts.)

1980. Miracle at Lake Placid. Beat the Russkies, beat the Finns.

That was hockey. :yay

When Yanks kept doing it in LA was when it got to be too much. Not exactly the Internationale or the Marseillaise... more like a two-year-old banging his dish.

UFO! UFO! UFO! UFO!

"Teach them to think. Work against the government." – Wittgenstein.
vanlose kid

Postby kenoma » Mon May 02, 2011 8:12 pm

MacCruiskeen wrote:
JackRiddler wrote:How Pakistan is treated in the next few days should tell whether the operation was an assault or a collaboration.

That's what I was thinking.
And by the way, was it just me, or did you notice a lot of eye-rolling when the 'buried at sea' thing was raised today - and not from 'conspiracy types'?
Expectation calibration and expectation management is essential at home and internationally. - Obama foreign policy advisor Samantha Power, February 21, 2008
kenoma

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon May 02, 2011 8:26 pm

kenoma wrote:
MacCruiskeen wrote:

That's what I was thinking.
And by the way, was it just me, or did you notice a lot of eye-rolling when the 'buried at sea' thing was raised today - and not from 'conspiracy types'?

I haven't had a TV for a decade now, kenoma, so I've seen very little coverage. But the 'buried at sea' thing is symptomatic in its sheer grotesqueness. Like "Operation Iraqi Liberation" ("O.I.L."), it demonstrates the ruling class's' enthusiastic contempt for the peanut gallery (previously known as the citizenry). For the Masters of the Universe, plausibility is no longer a priority, much less a necessity.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Ben D » Mon May 02, 2011 8:37 pm

Osama bin Laden’s Second Death

by Paul Craig Roberts

If today were April 1 and not May 2, we could dismiss as an April fool’s joke this morning’s headline that Osama bin Laden was killed in a firefight in Pakistan and quickly buried at sea. As it is, we must take it as more evidence that the US government has unlimited belief in the gullibility of Americans.
Cont...
There is That which was not born, nor created, nor evolved. If it were not so, there would never be any refuge from being born, or created, or evolving. That is the end of suffering. That is God**.

** or Nirvana, Allah, Brahman, Tao, etc...
Ben D

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Nordic » Mon May 02, 2011 8:39 pm

Just me personally, I know a lot of people, and I'm talking about people from all OVER the political spectrum, who are not only saying "show me the body" but also raising some seriously arched eyebrows at the "burial at sea" thing.

The only people who aren't, it seems, are the real Obama-bots.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Brentos » Mon May 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Laodicean wrote:Nationalism on display in Chicago for the Hawks v. Bulls game broadcast on TNT.

I think JackRiddler said that Brzezinski & Rockefeller were at the Phillies v Mets game? In the VP suite?

I got home from work and flicked on the national nightly news and fans from that game in particular were shown celebrating and showing patriotism.

The idea that the buried at sea story is to marginalize further people that are marginalized means that TPTB must really think that the mainstream is DUMB. But they are unfortunately.

So Public Enemy 1, on the run for 10 years, allegedly responsible for the most heinous crime on american soil, is whacked last night/early hours of the morning, DNA test taken, then dumped off a boat the same day, before I woke up. Are you f*cking kidding me?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was all a fabrication and he died a long time ago, or they knew where he was and whacked him recently, maybe even last night. We'll probably never know the truth.
Brentos

Postby kenoma » Mon May 02, 2011 8:45 pm

MacCruiskeen wrote:

I haven't had a TV for a decade now, kenoma, so I've seen very little coverage. But the 'buried at sea' thing is symptomatic in its sheer grotesqueness. Like "Operation Iraqi Liberation" ("O.I.L."), it demonstrates the ruling class's' enthusiastic contempt for the peanut gallery (previously known as the citizenry). For the Masters of the Universe, plausibility is no longer a priority, much less a necessity.

Well put. But I just mean in conversation, with people I know have no interest in 'theories' (weird stuff about how power works) - they felt this instinctive revulsion toward the 'buried at sea' thing. I don't know if this would push them further. I expect fresh footage soon, which may draw people back into the allowed narrative.

Edit: I see Nordic is noticing the same thing re: 'buried at sea' and how it's going down (badly).
Last edited by kenoma on Mon May 02, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenoma

Postby 2012 Countdown » Mon May 02, 2011 8:48 pm

Nordic wrote:Just me personally, I know a lot of people, and I'm talking about people from all OVER the political spectrum, who are not only saying "show me the body" but also raising some seriously arched eyebrows at the "burial at sea" thing.

The only people who aren't, it seems, are the real Obama-bots.

An accurate and personally anticdotable observation, imo. I was admonished with extreme prejudice for joining in on such questioning elsewhere. Battle lines are drawn and a united aggressive front was presented.
Just coming off the birther bullshit, I guess they are defensive, but i was a casualty. They're buying it hook, line, sinker.
George Carlin ~ "Its called 'The American Dream', because you have to be asleep to believe it."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q
2012 Countdown

Postby Laodicean » Mon May 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion