Bob And Bri's video

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Bob And Bri's video

Postby Harvey » Sat May 14, 2011 5:23 am

Hi everyone, this is my first real post here so hello to everyone. I’m a long time lurker at the forum and have been a reader of Jeff’s blog for some years.

Before presenting this, I’d like to point that I’m not hugely confident in the worth of the whole controlled demolition debate, particularly regarding Towers One and Two. Building Seven is interesting but I’m not sure that speculation is any more useful.

That said, the flashes at the beginning of Bob and Bri’s well known “What We Saw” do require some explanation for a number of reasons:

1 Unlike the later flashes on the lit face, these cannot be attributed to reflected light from falling debris.

2 The flashes are all linear and align perfectly along the vertical plane of the first tower, despite the angle of the camera (which is constantly in motion.)

3 It’s unlikely they are some kind of artefact for the above reason and because they do not occur elsewhere in the frame.

I made this graphic to illustrate the flashes a few years ago and sent it to Mike Rivero. He didn’t use it but did do a small piece on the flashes shortly afterward.

The image was made by overlaying the ‘flash frames,’ taken directly from a copy of Bob and Bri’s video shortly after it was uploaded in 2006. The only alteration to each frame was rotation to adjust for the camera shake. Whether these flashes are of any significance I can’t say but like any directly observed phenomenon, I believe they have to be explained and accounted for in any description of what happened to the towers on 9/11.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Re: Bob And Bri's video

Postby Harvey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:05 pm

Oh come on people, either I accept that the entire video is fake, which I don't for now (if it is fake then I am suitably humbled by it's ingenuity) or I recognise that there is something very unusual going on in WTC in the first couple of minutes after the impact of flight 11. The image I made is from the original video downloaded just days after it first went online in 2006. If it's not fake it shows something interesting. I'd love to know what and I'm curious as to why nobody seems interested in something very possibly concrete, as opposed to the usual he said, she said... I don't mean here, I mean that pretty much everyone is ignoring this.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby psynapz » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Well, unfortunately you did post it in a subforum, which many people never see because they don't use "View Active Topics" which would show subforum activity along with GD, which is all most anyone here seems to reload on a regular basis.

I for one appreicate the effort you put into that infographic. Was this video discredited here before? When I saw this video it was preaching to the choir as it was, at least for me, so I found it unremarkable other than the similarity to the Building 7 demolition, but since you mention it, this does corroborate what the firefighters who got out were saying in this short video:

I don't remember seeing of that prior to the Bob & Bri vid, do you? And do you find these more well-defined than the squib phenomena seen in the various news heli coverage?

Also, any mods care to move this up to GD?
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby barracuda » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:12 pm

If Harvey would like, we could do that, yes we could.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby Harvey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:28 pm

Barracuda, by all means. Didn't realise I was posting in a ghetto.. :oops:

psynapz, thanks. The difference for me is that these (yes very clear flashes) can't be attributed to the the collapse in any way, as far as I can tell they occur within a minute or two of the first impact. The light looks very white, almost electrical but as you can see they run up and down the whole building and all appear to be the same length, crossing at least two or three floors each.

This youtube clip is much lower quality than the original uploaded video which I think is still available in it's entirety, and doesn't have the same time frame as the original (which the graphic above is based on) but it serves to demonstrate how large and bright the flashes are.

This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby barracuda » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Harvey wrote:Didn't realise I was posting in a ghetto.

Inasmuch as it's perhaps never been more true that the world is a ghetto, that's a realisation better achieved now than not at all. Bump.
barracuda

Postby justdrew » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:50 pm

well, they could just be compression artifacts.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Harvey » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:57 am

justdrew wrote:well, they could just be compression artifacts.

Unlikely don't you think? It's a long video (the original) and despite the position of the WTC in the frame, or the angle of the camera, this effect only occurs inside the border of the shadow side of the WTC, alligned along the buildings vertical plane and nowhere else. You can verify it for yourself.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby foofner » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:57 am

The only 'flashes' I see are obviously compression artifacts.
'Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.' -- Arnaud-Amaury, 1209 CE
foofner

Postby Harvey » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:56 am

foofner wrote:The only 'flashes' I see are obviously compression artifacts.

There's nothing obvious about it. There's relatively little noise in the shadow area of the WTC and yet it's the only area throughout the entire video, at any level of zoom that the effect occurs. There is no obvious texture for the transforms to create the straight white lines from, far from any edges, with no associated laddering or quilting. I think you are simply wrong. I presume you're reacting to the level of compression in the youtube video not the original. Even so the effect is not an obvious compression artifact for the reasons I've already explained here and in previous posts.

The effect is probably real.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Nordic » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:06 am

The quality of the video is too low to tell one way or another.

Also, after the planes hit, there were undoubtedly shorted-out transformers blowing out all over the building, so any flashes could be that.

So it's hard to argue the case for flashes being anything, really.

Just playing devil's advocate here. I'm firmly convinced the whole thing was planned and engineered, it was just "too good to be true" for the people who did it.

So somehow, somewhere, the buildings' structural integrity was intentionally compromised to the point where they would fall oh-so-neatly into their own space and thus be the biggest mind-fuck magic-trick of all time.

But this video doesn't show anything conclusive. And they do look like compression artifacts to me, too.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Harvey » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Final post on this subject.

Hi Nordic, I have appreciated your posts here, and through them alone, I have a degree of respect for your opinion. Indeed my first reaction was (similar to one of the thoughts you expressed) that these flashes might be electrical in nature.

What they are not is compression artifacts. Why? Well, I've vainly tried to argue that already. Nobody seems to be paying attention or has the attention span to follow the argument. In truth, I don't know how to create jpeg or mpeg compression, any more than anybody else here. I understand the concept well enough, from the first time it was outlined to me many years ago by my friend Simon Barnsley, brother of Michael Barnsley. I just don't have the math.

But I am probably a little more experienced than most in the analysis of compression effects themselves. The symmetrical, localised effects in the video that "Bob and Bri" posted in 2006 are not, in my opinion, likely to be attributable to compression artifacts. For a number of reasons, but it would be tedious for all of us for me to reiterate them.

My intuition is telling me that what is contained in this video, particularly the first few minutes after the first impact on 9/11, is significant. Perhaps it is also significant that no one here appears to give a fuck.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby barracuda » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:56 pm

Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Frequently Asked Questions

We'd like to thank the large number of people who've written us to offer encouragement and support. Your kind words have let us know that we made the right choice in releasing this video. Because we can't respond individually we've compiled a FAQ to answer common questions:

Q. Why did you choose to release the video now?
A. We have wanted to release the video for some time, but had not found the appropriate venue. We offered it to a local public television station, but they did not respond.

Q. Why did you release the video on Revver?
A. We chose to release the video on Revver because of its author-friendly licensing terms and support for the Creative Commons. Revver is currently the only authorized commercial distribution channel for this video. Copies on Google Video, YouTube and other video sharing services are unauthorized and we will ask for their removal. While we like and use those services for some content, we do not agree with their licensing terms for this video.

Q. Are you going to make money from this video through Revver?
A. No. We will donate proceeds from Revver's ad-sharing arrangement for this video to a children's charity.

Q. Isn't this video missing important scenes?
A. We did not capture the impact of either plane or the start of either building's collapse. As many have surmised, the impacts of the airplanes and collapses of both buildings did catch us by surprise.

Q. Why did you edit this video?
A. The version we released on 9-11-2006 was intentionally and obviously (using dissolves) edited for length and size only. About 10 minutes of mostly redundant video was removed. None of the media services could host the unedited file at sufficiently high resolution.

Q. Will you release the unedited version?
A. We had intended to, but our plans our on hold at the moment due to time and logistical concerns. We do not feel the high-res version shows anything more than the edited version, and we don't wish to stroke any purient interests. We do not intended to sell or profit from this video in any way.

Q. Does Bri believe she saw a military plane?
A. Bri's comment regarding the "military" plane was due to her seeing a silhouette of the plane and therefore assuming black coloration. Her initial thought was that the plane was approaching the south tower to help fight the fire. There is nothing in our recollection to suggest that events of the day occurred in any way other than seen on the video.

Q. Are those UFOs in frame xxx?
A. Compression of the video for display on the web has distorted some objects, which include helicopters, birds, a fighter jet passing overhead (after the second plane hit the south tower), and glare from a window.

Q. What is the music in the background?
A. The lullabies playing in the background at the start of the video are from a CD we would play to calm our daughter. The CD plays lullabies slowly and includes a background heartbeat. This music was not added to the video at a later date. We have been unable to listen to that CD since.

Q. Was your daughter in day care at the WTC? Is she OK?
A. Our daughter was scheduled to start day care in the North Tower the following week. It is our understanding that all children in that day care were evacuated successfully. We were displaced from our apartment for about a month and continued to live in the area for a year. She did develop asthmatic symptoms which may have been due to the lingering dust. These symptoms cleared up when we moved to a different part of Manhattan.

Q. From where was the video taken?
A. From 41 River Terrace, the tallest building in Battery Park City North, about 500 yards northwest of ground zero. (A blogger has created an image showing our location here.)

Q. Who shot the video?
A. Video was shot by Bri and Bob on a Sony DCR-TRV11 Camcorder. A few days after the tape was shot, we transferred the video to DVD using Apple iMovie and iDVD. The tape and DVD have never left our possession. The released video was transcoded from the DVD. The unedited version was re-transferred from the original tape.

Q. Have you been contacted by the authorities regarding this video?
A. No.
barracuda

Postby DrVolin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:34 pm

I see nothing on the video you posted to convince me that these are not compression artefacts. Based on a few casual viewings, I feel that the flashes are foreshadowed by pixelization. They seem to happen when and where the side of the building gets very blocky. The shape of the aretefacts would necessarily be constrained by the outside texture of the tower, which happens to be rectangular and aligned with the vertical axis of the building. I would propose that the spacing of the vertical beams on the outside of the building is close to some threshold either of the camera's or of the compression algorithm's resolving power. This is probably testable with more information.
all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Return to General Discussion